[BORDER-PRP] Unusual Skies (Itiri x Kantuta) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:23 am
User Image

The Caldera had, for the most part, protected them from the abnormalities that existed beyond their home. The N'ezi hadn't be affected by meteorites, storms, or anything of significance. The only thing that they had grown used to happened to be the unusual, lingering lights, that seemed to have taken up residence in the forests surrounding their catacombs.

Whether it was ominous or otherwise remained to be seen, some regarded it as a sign of good fortune, while others had assumed it was the dead struggling to find rest. Alas, the manner in which they had lost their Head Death Priest had caused some concern and Itiri was currently reserving judgement. He would come to Nche at some point and discuss it, gauge his view of it, and then most likely leave the sending of these 'spirits' in his capable paws.

...Unless another explanation was found for them.

Nevertheless for the time being he found himself on the outer rim of the territory, gazing out at a land in which he had never known, but one where several new family members had heralded from. It was a world beyond his that held so many questions and he hadn't yet had opportunities to receive any answers. He would seek to change that eventually when he introduced himself to their newest members, but for now, away from the trees and the immediate shelter of the caldera's high sides...he was provided with a much clearer view of the stars over head.

True to rumour, a fair number of them were shooting across the sky at a rate that was far from normal. The dark lion definitely didn't have enough wishes to cover the number passing his gaze today, but it was quite a sight to behold.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:57 am
Epine de Rose

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kantuta had been wandering the rogue lands for a long time now, she had grown a bit weary of her wanderings. She wanted to someday find a pride, a mate, a home. She wasn't really sure what that future would look like once she reached it, but she hoped that it wouldn't be full of sinkholes and strange winds. At this point, strange sounds and ghost lights seemed to be second nature in the rogue lands so Kantuta had just begun to ignore them any time she happened to see them.

As she moved along she arrived in a new area that had a bit of a strange feel to it, she wondered what this land was and who if anyone lived in this area. She could see the rocky land off in the distance and she started to make her way towards it to get a closer look. She breathed in deeply and let it out. Tuta then saw a small tree that seemed like it growth had not been going all that well, but she had been journeyed a long way and needed to rest a moment before she continued on. It was then she looked up and noticed the stars shooting across the sky in great numbers. Curious she wondered what was going on with the heavens.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 am
It wasn't letting up and Itiri's gaze had remained fixed on the lightshow above him for a considerable amount of time. It was only when he heard the shuffling of paws that his ears swivelled and he eventually turned his head to glance at the approaching individual. He'd had the pleasure of meeting a small number of outsiders before, but unusually, they hadn't been lions.

It was with interest that he regarded the pink lioness who held a similar colour to one of the families in the N'ezi. She was a long way from any other pride if he was to believe what some of their new blood had said. With the exception of some herds that entered the caldera, predators weren't common to this region. She was an anomaly, but like those who had found them when the pathway to the land beyond the caldera had opened.

...And she seemed tired.

He remained quiet for a time as she found a place to settle herself and then finally cleared his throat. It was a subtle attempt to notify her that she wasn't alone without alarming her, but he would at least offer a slight wave of his paw as well. If she wanted to speak then she certainly could, otherwise it would be rude of him to interpret what might have been her approaching slumber.

He didn't like being woken up so the least she needed was for some random entity to wake her up when she was trying to rest!

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 am
Epine de Rose

Tuta jumped when she heard someone clear their throat she looked at the darkly colored male and considered him and his stance watching for any signs he might intent to attack her. It was hard to say what a male would do out in the rogue lands, which was one of the reasons she sought a home. The safety she could gain by being in a pride. She considered what to say to him, she had no reason to be rude, but she was more careful by nature. Looking around at the rocky land and the caldera she really hadn't been expecting to meet another lion on this leg of her journey. "Hello." She said softly. She didn't want to bluntly ask him what he wanted, nor was she really sure where to start a conversation with him since she knew nothing about him. Why he was wearing a bone necklace with feathers.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 am
Anarchy seemed to have a way of putting outsiders off, they were naturally cautious and she definitely gave off that air. She didn't trust him and he didn't blame her in the slightest; after all he was a random lion in the middle of 'nowhere'. Suffice it to say that with no prey around he was an oddity since it seemed that most rogues followed the path of the prey and their migratory patterns.

"Evening," he replied with a mild smile as he returned his gaze upwards. It was better not to stare on these occasions, some considered a level stare to be intimidating or provocative and he preferred to be more measured in his approach. She was welcome to settle and he wouldn't stare her down while she was attempting to get comfortable... Though he certainly wouldn't be able to guarantee her safety, he didn't really know what was out here.

...Quite frankly the guards were probably better at that than him, they'd seen more lost souls than he had.

"Passing through I assume?" he hazarded. "We do not get many visitors in these parts, we are a little out of the way of everything else..." he admitted. This was the information he had picked up from the new lions who had joined them, the caldera seemed rather far from almost everything and to see someone 'new' was a novelty!

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am
Epine de Rose

Kantuta sighed out, for now, the male didn't seem harsh or rude and that was a relief she didn't like fighting, the life she sought was much more simple than all that. She nodded and then said "Evening." She decided to remain standing as she glanced back up at the new strange thing in the sky. She couldn't help but wonder if their world was coming to an end with all the strange disasters that had been happening in the rogue lands. "Yes, I am just passing through since I did not know there was a pride in this area at all." She said softly. "Unless you are a rogue clan?" She asked looking around wondering where he had come from to begin with.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:30 am
Itiri chuckled.

"We are not rogue," He replied. "We are well hidden however," he pointed out and motioned behind him. The entry he had used to get through wasn't immediately clear from here, but if she had attempted to wander any further she might have found it. The pathway might have been created by the earthquake but in the end, they had still been graced with some good fortune... The pathway wasn't immediately visible without looking for it.

Most rogues had found them by accident and then they had simply chosen to come back at a later date. That was how some of their new blood had arrived, while it seemed some had simply stumbled upon them at the right side.

"You are fortunate however that those who have visited us are a rarity so you are unlikely to be disturbed as you continue your journey," he paused for a moment to consider his words. "At least that is what I have been told, we are so far out that hostility is an exception and not as common," he took a breath. "But I cannot promise that will remain true, anything has the potential to happen."

"For example, there are so many stars in descent this evening that I could never hope to have enough wishes to catch them all," he pointed out. "And that is supposed to be a rarity as well. There is a reason it was supposed to be lucky to wish upon them," he mused.

"But I would at least hope that our unusual location remains true to form and does not attract too much trouble for you."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48 am
Epine de Rose

Kantuta smiled "Well that seems to be clear I doubt many if any know you are here I certainly didn't." Tuta nodded as she looked at the male "I suppose that is good in a way, but finding others is part of my journey." She thought of things and then said: "Yes there are many lions and prides, finding one that would fit what I wish I must be more careful of that." She shook her head and then said: "The land itself is hostile at this time, sinkholes, strange winds, ghost lights, strange sounds." She looked out into the land past where they were. "I hope to find a safe place sometime soon, but that may not be an easy task." Tuta nodded "Yes I have traveled the rogue lands for a long time now and this is the first time I have seen the stars fall like this, I have heard some believe they are the kings of the past. If that is so this is a sad day.." She said softly. She smiled "I hope you are correct." She looked at him and then said "I am Kantuta."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:32 am
"So what the new blood has claimed is true," Itiri pursed his lips thoughtfully.

No wonder several outsiders had come into their fold, into the safety of the caldera and the sheer cliff faces that stood between them and chaos. He couldn't begin to speculate over what might cause it, but if these were quite to tumultous then he could only assume that the divine were angry. Something within the heavens was unsettled and whether it was Death himself or some lesser being was far beyond the realms of his sight.

At least nothing had pursued the N'ezi...although perhaps what had started to happen outside was responsible for the oddly unsettled, almost spirit-like entities within the trees. With their Death Priests limited in number and still waiting for new cubs to adopt the positions, there were a shortage to settle the spirits... That being said, the only spirits who should have 'remained' in this world were the undeserving.

Ah, but if they became malevolent that might very well become a problem.

"My name is Itiri," he said finally, remembering his manners as he jolted himself away from the speculative thoughts. He'd ask around and see if there was anything the priests might be able to do in order to secure the forests just in case those lights were dangerous.

"And I do hope you find what you are looking for, though I am not entirely sure what that is," he pursed his lips. "You are after something specific, no?" he hazarded. "Perhaps you should interview each benevolent pride in turn and see which is most suitable, at least then you could make an educated choice..."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:54 am
Epine de Rose

She nodded and then said "Yes it is not the safest time to be wandering the rogue lands." She said in a soft tone. She smiled a little "Nice to meet you Itiri." She considered his words. "That is very logical, would you mind telling me about your pride as an experiment to this idea?" She thought it would be a good idea even if his pride had nothing she could possibly want it was possible that his idea could someday lead to the home she was meant to have.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 am
"Noted," Itiri nodded.

The N'ezi weren't inclined to wander beyond their caldera but it was good to have the warning to paw regardless. At least this way he could go back to those within the N'ezi and confirm that their newest members were not lying, and there was in fact a reason to be concerned about some of the events outside. Itiri continued to learn things day by day and he could only hope that the rest of the pride would eventually do so as well!

Nevertheless when she seemed to be on board with his suggestion to interview potential prides, he pursed his lips. It was only fitting that she try her questions out on him first, that way she could hone them as time passed on until she knew exactly what she wanted to know from everyone. No doubt as she continued to explore she'd probably find more things she wanted to know that she hadn't previously thought of.

"Of course," he said. "What would you like to know?" he continued with a small smile.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 am
Epine de Rose

Kantuta considered what she wanted to know first "Well I think the best place to start would be, what are the beliefs of your pride?" It was a simple start but if they worshiped rocks this likely would not be the pride for her. She looked around there were a lot of rocks and she had not seen a lot of food so far that she had seen. She wondered how they lived in such a desolate land. "You said your pride has remained well hidden I take that to mean your pride does not travel."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 am
"You would be correct, we do not travel," Itiri gave a small nod. "Our duty is to these lands, not to what lies beyond them," he added. While it might seem unusual to an outsider, he and his kind were bound here because it was here that their center of power was. From here they passed in to the great beyond and it was their destiny to tend to the dead and ensure that they continued to tell their tales as they moved into the Great Beyond.

...It was certainly something that others on the outside were unlikely to buy in to.

"As to what we believe," he pursed his lips thoughtfully. "We are a pride who accept that Death is inevitable and in the end, only he has the ultimate power to determine what happens to us when we reach that stage in our journey," he explained. "Life is a fleeting gift, bestowed upon us by his compatriot, both ally and enemy..."

He paused.

"We embrace life, celebrate it, and yet when it is time to move on to our more permanent and lasting adventure...we take great care to prepare for it. With our lives well led, we move on, and our families take care to ensure that what is left behind is tended to."

"We believe in the strength of memories and the lessons we leave behind with our passing," he clucked his tongue. "And while I appreciate there may be others who echo these sentiments, the gates towards the veil lie here and as such, they must be tended to carefully... It would be poor form to allow them to fall in to disrepair."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 pm
Epine de Rose

Tuta considered what she wanted did she want to be a nomad or did she want to stay in one place for her whole life. They were important questions to consider when planning a life. She nodded and smiled "Well that certainly is a noble thing to build a pride around, life and death are very important after all." She blinked then "That must be a heavy responsibility for your pride to guard the gates to the veil." She wasn't sure if she would ever decide to return to the Nezi pride, but they were clearly honorable lions. "I'm not sure if it would be the kind of life that would fit me." She laughed "I'm not really sure what kind of life I want just yet, do you love the life you lead?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:47 am
"Those who are closest to those gates take their position very seriously," he confirmed. In fact, they'd take it so seriously that they had almost killed the pride when their influence had become too strong. He wouldn't tell the young lioness that of course, their history was their own, but at least they were getting better (slowly but surely).

"I do however very much enjoy my life," he added with a smile. While he had a great deal of work to do, the young male thrived on the challenge and was determined to make a success of things. He wasn't stupid and knew it would be a long road, but just like the Amusu who looked after their ancestors, he would make sure he looked after the living!

"I cannot speak for everyone though, I am sure we all have our ups and downs," he clucked his tongue. "But I can appreciate when someone from the outside looking in might shake their heads and say that this life might be a little much for them," he chuckled.

Quite frankly he didn't blame Tuta for her reaction and even he would encourage her to see what other prides existed on the off chance that something truly called to her. He was an enthusiastic lion, one full of passion, but that didn't mean he was foolhardy and jumped in to the first thing that looked interesting... he was glad that he'd met another who had the forethought to wait and see what else was out there.

Midnightglow18

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces