Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:58 pm
User Image

Adanna was finding it hard to stay in the Mwezi'Johari with the other Firekin. The search party had been gone long enough now that they had almost certainly arrived at their destination but her visions were still sketchy at best, it still felt like she was trying to see through a sandstorm. There were so many strange things going on in the world right now that she mostly blamed the gods. They had to be interfering with her abilities somehow, they were obviously interfering with the rest of the world as they knew it..

It wasn't smart to go off on her own but Adanna did anyway. She was just past the border of the Mwezi that was nearest to a clear sky, she had escaped the unending night but found herself in twilight. It did have an end, they already knew that, but it was strange seeing it.

What's going on in the desert? she wondered.

Safaia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Like the fool that he was, Dath was humming happily to himself as he walked along, feeling pleased as punch. The mess in the Pridelands was getting itself more and more tangled in knots, and he was pleased that it seemed like no one could really tell what the hell was going on. What better way to confuse others than for no one to really understand the truth? It was his best work yet, and he only hoped that he could continue on a fun path of chaos before it all ended up breaking. Then he would have to find somewhere else to play.

As long as that strange god that seemed to hate him buggered off. Dath was perfectly fine to do things on his own, and didn't appreciate some unknown brat deciding that he needed to die. No, he had too many plans laid out to die any time soon. Besides, Sei would probably wring his neck before anyone else could get to him. As long as she doesn't find out....I'm gold.

Mm?? "My my, walking alone are we?" he called out as he approached, knowing that the shadows would mask at least bits of him until he drew closer to her. He never bothered to hide himself when he was out and about; only fools would merely cloak their wings instead of copying the entire appearance of another.

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm
Adanna froze at the sound of an unfamiliar voice calling out to her. It wasn't a particularly sinister voice but instinct told her to be careful, and she was grateful that weeks in the dark meant her eyes were well-adjusted to the twilight already. She looked for the source calmly, masking her caution carefully, and was surprised to see the large, dark form walking her way.

"Just seeing where the darkness leads me," she answered, straightening up and then finally seeing that the monster coming towards her had wings. It was another god.

Safaia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:26 pm
Twilight was a beautiful time. A time for things to happen that could trick the eye; for things to go unseen until the light of day returned. Dath knew that some of the more powerful gods were mucking things up; he never liked to spend time in the Haven, but it was odd feeling locked out of a place that should have felt like home. While he had been messing around with the Pridelands, and dancing with danger in the Mava'Bunda, he was still interested in seeing the echoes of that raw power in the rest of the mortal realm.

But...there was always other times to do that.

"The darkness can lead you to danger," he agreed. "But it can also lead you to adventure. It is all in how you approach it." A wicked grin crossed his face, feeling quite pleased with himself and his words; he didn't trip over himself anymore, no longer quite the bumbling idiot he used to be.

"But I'm sure one such as yourself," he added on, gesturing to her own 'wings' nestled against her shoulders, "can see the value of never taking things for face value."

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 pm
Adanna glanced back to her shoulders, having nearly forgotten how she chose to accessorize and realizing now how dangerous it could be if you found yourself face-to-face with an unknown and hostile god. He didn't seem to mind, though. If he was concerned about mortal hubris it didn't show. Yet.

"Of course," she agreed.

She was so used to being hostile with her mother, it was strange being in the presence of another god and just knowing that picking a fight or offending the beast was unsafe. Did her mother have this kind of presence? Did she hide it or was Adanna just used to it?

"I didn't expect to find a god out here," she confessed, glancing up to the dim sky, "Is this darkness your doing?"

Safaia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:04 pm
"I am merely celebrating a humble victory," he mused to himself, thinking about everything that had been breaking in the Pridelands. Such a wonderful way to begin the game. "I am not one to hide who I am, unless it is to....mess with some mortals," he offered a wicked grin. As devious as he may be, he had mellowed out just a tad in his time as a full grown god; he didn't always like to be 'on' when he didn't need to be....like right now.

"Although I can do some truly magical things.... I cannot claim the darkness." Oh, how he wished he did. He could have lied to her and said that he did it but...he honestly was just too much on a high from his successes earlier. Everything was great, grand, perfect...why lie?

"It is quite something. I have been thriving in it," he purred to himself, glancing around with his gold eyes to enjoy the nothingness of the dark.

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:58 pm
I am not one to hide who I am unless it is to mess with some mortals.

Adanna stared thoughtfully at the wicked god as he casually bragged, wondering what he meant about his humble victory. The way he was talking and the sinister look in his eyes, she could only imagine what victory he might be celebrating.. and decided that chances were good that she would prefer not to know, so she simply didn't ask. He was in a pleasant mood, that was as much as she could hope for in a situation like this. She was comfortable with gods but she wasn't stupid.

"It's beautiful," she agreed, "My more superstitious companions are worried, but I can appreciate it."

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:02 pm
He was rather pleased that she didn't seem too shocked or concerned over his comments. To him, she was wise enough to not pry too much, nor to make assumptions that he was perhaps playing a trick on her now. How could one savor a victory while being preoccupied with more trickery?

"Beauty in darkness is a sight for sore eyes," he agreed. "I must say, you're quite the lioness to appreciate things that many would run away from." He swishes his tail behind him, finally allowing himself to sit, to relax. She was intriguing enough that he wished to stay.

"Superstitions are for old lions too scared of their own shadows."

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 am
She noticed that he seemed comfortable enough to sit down, or.. interested enough. Adanna wasn't enough of a threat for him to be uncomfortable or nervous in any capacity and she found it rather.. intriguing, too, that he was willing to sit and chat with her like this. It was a rare opportunity to talk to a god that might actually want to talk.

"It's hard to be superstitious when you acknowledge the gods and what they're capable of," she said, taking a seat opposite him, "Do you often get involved in the lives of mortals? It must happen more than most of us realize."

That was certainly true for herself, and perhaps the Nergui proved it, too. Wasn't it because they had caught the trail of a god, one they believed to be a false god, that she had been able to escape? Looking at Dath, she wondered if the Nergui would ever stand a chance against one like him.

"My name is Adanna," she said suddenly.

Safaia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:20 pm
Her words made him puff his chest up a bit, even if they weren't directly complimenting him. He still decided to take it as such. He flared out his wings a bit, just to show off. Even in the darkness that surrounded them, he knew that she would be able to see enough of his large wings.

"I do," he purred. "I used to be directly involved, but at times that offers too much risk for things to go wrong. So now I just... offer a little influence. See where it leads. It doesn't always work, but the trail to the end is only half the adventure."

"Have you been affected by any intervention from gods, miss Adanna?" he asked, avoiding the assumed expectation that he would share who he was with her. He wasn't quite ready to give that up, good mood or not.

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:05 am
She noticed that he didn't introduce himself and found she was becoming more and more curious despite her better judgement. Luckily, she still had the sense not to push it. While she had been honest in giving her name, she wasn't entirely sure how honest to be about the influence of the divine in her life. It didn't take a genius to realize that gods did not always get along and that not every god might like to meet a demi-god or seer.

But she didn't have to talk about that part.

"You could say that," Adanna answered, "I got more tangled up with some lions who fancied themselves god hunters. I never got to see them try it but I've never been more sure they couldn't pull it off."

Her eyes moved from Dath's face to his now prominent wings standing out behind him. It was then that it occurred to her that divine intervention might be what had scattered the Nergui. Here was a rather sinister god in a good mood about some so-called humble victory against some mortals. And, of course.. whether or not that was the case, it was an attractive thought. He was clearly dangerous but that made him all the more impressive.

Safaia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 pm
"God hunters?!"

Dath laughed for a moment at this. He had never come across any such a thing, and frankly found it absolutely amusing. Mortals, killing gods? It sounded like a fanciful dream of some crazy mortals who deemed themselves more powerful than they actually were.

"Clearly it fell apart if you've de-tangled yourself from them," he chuckled, easing himself back to a more...calm attitude. "As well as using the past tense. But I'm sure they wouldn't be able to handle a little Chaos..." he chuckled again, clearly amused with his own little joke.

"But you're free and open. Do you fancy it more than supposed god hunters?"

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm
Adanna was more reserved but she allowed herself a chuckle as the god laughed at the very concept of mortals hunting gods. Though he seemed plenty arrogant, he did not seem to be a fool. His confidence was well founded, and she was certain the Nergui could not have taken him. Maybe there were gods weak enough to fall into the traps of vicious mortals, but so far she had only seen those strong and clever enough to overpower or evade them.

"I do," she said, "Freedom suits me better than superstition and hubris."

She knew what she wanted now but wondered how best to get it. Her options were limited and his emphasis on chaos suggested he was only so predictable, she'd done well so far but who knew what would happen next. There was a short pause and Adanna decided to be straightforward. Fortune favored the bold and he seemed to be in a good mood.

"What is your opinion of the offspring of gods and mortals?"

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:55 pm
He quirked a brow, honestly not expecting anything more than some mild talk and a bit of ego boosting (not that he needed more of it at the moment). He hadn't bothered to spend too much time mingling, compared to his younger days.

"They are what they are," he replied carefully. "I dislike seeing any that look so much like me. There can only be one me, after all," he said with a smirk. Luckily he rarely crossed paths with his own children, so it was never much of an issue if there were any that took after him a bit too closely.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:10 pm
His answer .. surprised Adanna. So much so that it definitely showed, but she recovered quickly. She imagined gods, like most parents, would favour those who resembled them most strongly.. more so than mortal parents would, since the kind of power gods led to vanity so easily. That belief had been a factor in her own sibling rivalry, in fact, and though she had mostly grown out of it, it still stuck in her mind to an extent.

"What about some that look like me?"

She had already chosen to be direct, there was no obvious way to respond to that so the only thing left to do was to state her intention.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff