Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The young woman had been merely passing by when news of the clutching had started to fill the area surrounding High Reaches. Shalaera didn't have time to fully stop in, however, and had recruited someone to help her for the time being. That was how Niika had found herself with not one, but five Firelizard eggs thrust into her arms and some very specific instructions. Niika hadn't found herself all too thrilled about the task for obvious reasons - well, obvious to those who knew the woman personally. Still, it was an excuse to maybe give herself some excitement about the upcoming brood that wasn't rooted in a bad place.

That was how rumor had come to pass that a Firelizard Breeder had left the task of tallying bets for the upcoming clutches in the hands of a kitchen worker. If one could catch her long enough for her to have such an exchange. She seemed to want these exchanges to go rather quickly, however.

Quote:

Rules:
-Niika isn't openly hosting bets, but there is enough information that somebody can approach her while she's out and about during the day to get their thoughts written down!
-Pach cannot and will not make specific color based bets! (Example: 'I think the Bunny Egg is a Green') I will counter any bets of that variety with things I cannot possibly know as a staff member!
-Pach is hosting this as a *player* not a *staff member*. This has caused problems in the past when understood in the opposite, so I am being clear now!
-Make as many IC bets as you want! But know that you can only win one egg!
-If I am somehow up more winners than eggs, I will work something out with ya'll!
-I will make the terms of the bets as clear as possible to keep from anybody calling cheatsy-doodle later! This is just for the sake of my sanity!
-Make sure you make your bet clear in OOC ('N'pc is betting that The Bunny Egg will hatch as one of the last 5 eggs' 'H'elper is betting that Candidate Blurfus will impress a Blue!'). I'll nudge you if I need it in clearer terms, okay?
-Staff can make vague bets about things they can't know from behind the scenes! Things like 'I think The Bunny Egg will be a small dragon for their color!' 'I think The Bunny Egg will impress a girl!'
- When the first egg hatches, all bets are closed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 am
Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch.

It didn’t take long for Veltanna to learn of the current betting situations. One that interested her was the rumor of a fire lizard breeder bets. She had already decided on one of her bets before tracking down Niika. The worker’s abruptness didn’t phase her as Veltanna placed her bet. “I bet that Dynzrak impresses to a male dragon from the visiting dragon’s brood.”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:49 am
Niika sorted through the notes she'd been given after writing down Veltanna's bet, a small frown on her face. The woman who'd given her these instructions should have been clearer on them. Screw it, she'd improvise.

"Very well. I will bet that Dynzrak," whoever he was, she'd have to actually reacquaint herself with candidates, "will impress a boy from Fianth's clutch instead."

Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:50 am
"I think the dragons sired by the brown will injure more candidates than those with the bronze sire," T'of said to Niika as he placed his bet.

Undoubtedly T'of's friends would deem him morbid for this particular bet, but the bluerider was still pretty sure he was right. He couldn't help hoping, however, that none of the injuries were to candidates he and Makhmilith had Searched.

T'of bets that the dragonets from Rhianth's clutch will injure more candidates than the ones from Fianth's clutch.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 am
Niika raised her brow ever so slightly at T'of's bet as she noted it down. It was definitely not a typical bet, but she did see that Shalaera had left a very particular note about that type of bet.

"I bet that we see more female candidates get injured than male ones."

Niika is betting that there will be more girls injured than boys!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm
When it came to gambling of any kind especially where flit eggs were on the line, A'kir was there and he was going to go hard. He ignored Librath's comments about betting some of the horrible things he had in mind, willing to deal with the consequences. It wasn't' as if he were wishing harm or death upon anyone specifically!

"Someone's dying," he said flat out. "From the clutch sired by the brown. There's gonna be one gold, and it's coming from the clutch with the visiting sire. Overall, both clutches'll have the same number of brown dragons to hatch. The first egg to hatch from Rhianth's clutch is gonna be the Nimbus 2000 Egg and from Fianth's it'll be the How Far I'll Go egg. The-"

The slim boy grimaced as Librath's voice thundered in his mind to cease his betting and to return to his chores, namely bringing his riding leathers and her saddle out to oil them up to ensure they were loose for flight. He sighed but left his bets there, grumbling that he had more to place.

A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 am
Niika had started jotting down her notes dutifully as A'kir started his bet....and part way through it actually looked up to give the young man a slightly puzzled look. "You....think all of that is going to happen? Is that a single bet or multiples?" Because she wasn't sure if she was going to counter-bet if he was putting his money on all of those things occuring.

Niika is clarifying A'kir's terms.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:51 am
Considering his options, A’kir was going to say individual, but a mental nudge from Librath with the promise of a very physical nudge to go with it left him with a grimace on his face. The odds wouldn’t be in his favor if he lumped them all into one big bet, but it seemed that was how it was going to go.

“Let’s keep it interesting and make it one large bet,” he said after straightening out the look of pain on his face. He’d be in or out a lot of cash, but hey. He’d been in worse spots than this.

A’kir’s bet is one large bet. He’s regretting that but I’m not rofl  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 am
Niika looked down at what she'd written down, then back up at A'kir. "I don't even know what to counter that with. I have no counter bet. So we'll just watch this."

She didn't even want his marks if it was somehow wrong. It was an outstanding bet, after all.

Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:47 pm
T'of made his way back to the woman who was writing down bets. Following a lengthy and heated discussion with his dragon bond, he had come to recognize that he should not have placed the bet he did. The way he had phrased it was offensive in general, and the fact that he had not placed a bet exhibiting more faith in their abilities as a searchrider pair.

"I'm sorry to be a bother, but I'd like to withdraw my bet about Rhianth's clutch proving more injurious to candidates to Fianth's. Instead, I would like to bet that the candidate Toren will Impress in this hatching. Within the first dozen eggs to hatch."

Satisfactory, he heard Makhmilith say in the back of his mind.

T'of is rescinding his previous bet. T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:09 pm
Niika was surprised when the young man from earlier returned to change his bet. She looked at her notes and drew a perfect line through both his bet, and what she'd countered it with. "Not making assumptions that both clutches will hatch at the same time - as they were conceived and clutched days apart - do you mean the first twelve eggs of whichever clutch hatches first?" Niika inquired.

"Either way, I bet that your Toren," whoever that was, "will Impress from Fianth's clutch."

Niika is clarifying T'of's new bet. She bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:12 am
He’d heard that someone was offering firelizard eggs as the reward for a correct bet on the results of the High Reaches clutches. It hadn’t worked so well for him last time at Western, but the chance of another fine little pet was hard to pass up. This time, Farin was without his brothers to argue over his apparent value as far as what color he was worthy to Impress. All of the colors were beautiful to him, he saw nothing of any of them that made one color somehow better than another. But when it came down to which color to bet on, the willowy blond was stumped. Exhibit B, perched on his shoulder, made a sound akin to a creaking door, eyes whirling blue-green. Farin grinned at his little cobalt blue, and decided to go with the same bet as before, and what was probably going to become his default bet from then on. “Miss Niika? I’d like to place a bet. I’ll be standing for this hatch, and believe I might Impress a blue.”

Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue.

There were… so many eggs. Even with the number of candidates slated to stand to make sure the infants had their choice, there were so many elements could go wrong. Even the fact that there were so many candidates could prove to be a problem, if a dragonet became overwhelmed by the noise of their minds or by their proximity, or was unable to locate the right person in the vast crowd. Raumoloth seemed to agree. The blue was unusually agitated every time they discussed the two clutches. Venin found the woman said to be taking bets, and offered hers: “I will bet that we lose a dragonet before it Impresses.” She frowned as she said it, hating that there was even a possibility of such a thing.

Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate.

She still loathed the fact that her son Lenix—Le’x—had Impressed, but after hearing all about what had happened at Western’s hatch last turn, embellished with extra blood and glory by that stupid harper Lucayr, and imagining that happening with fifty-nine hatchlings on the sands… she was glad that he’d gotten it over with as soon as he did. She was very concerned for her nephew Karone, however. He was smart and fast, but hatchlings could be fast, too. Kar had inadvertently stolen the firelizard egg she’d tried to give to Le’x, but there was an opportunity to score another one for her son. She found Niika and bet on the only thing she felt sure enough of. “I know it’s terrible, but I would like to bet that at least two candidates will be mauled to death. There’s just going to be too many hatchlings out there if both clutches hatch at the same time.”

Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death.  

Teiha

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:11 am
Sylfie had heard about the betting surrounding the eggs, which of course was hardly a surprise - was there ever a clutch that bets weren't placed on?  She'd never participated before, as she wasn't generally the gambling type, but with the potential reward being a firelizard egg, well.  Ever since her encounter with perfect, precious little Regory, idle interest in the creatures had grown into want.  Oh, how she longed for such a friend, her own sweet little pet, maybe even a blue...!  It might be silly, but she was absolutely lovestruck over a flit.  It took her some time to not only locate the woman taking the bets, but also to work up the courage to approach her - she seemed quite busy, after all, and she didn't want to be a nuisance.

But finally, she took a deep breath and approached with a shy greeting. "H...hello.  I want to place a bet, if- if that's okay.  That there will be a gold, and it won't Impress to one of High Reaches' candidates."

That would be a bit of a stir, wouldn't it?

Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:20 am
'Miss' made her sound so old. "A blue?" she repeated, not actually making eye-contact with Farin as she wrote down his bet - and his name behind it. It wasn't a bad bet. Really most people who did impress were likely to be on a green or a blue. Odds simply fell in that direction. "Very well. I bet your blue will come from Fianth's clutch," that was still only a 50-50 bet, at least.

Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue.

-----

Venin's bet cause a brief darkness on Niika's face. Certainly, it was possible, but she didn't particularly like the taste of that bet. Had a bad flavor to it. Still, it was a valid one.

"I counter that we will have an abnormal number of Stands-Impressions. Three, at least."

Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions.

--

Niika's own wounds throbbed a little at Emori's bet. She was not about to think that all of those candidates would go untouched - though their chances would be better if they stopped being absolute idiots and listened to Gr'del and W'tarl (and wasn't there a new Candidatemaster? She'd stopped caring....).

"I bet at least 7 candidates will be non-fatally maimed."

Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 am
Distracted somewhat by his dragon's conversation, T'of was relieved when Niika clarified the new bet he'd made. He hadn't realized that he'd been so general in his terms and was, frankly, impressed by her attention to detail. He supposed that was just the sort of thinking one had to cultivate to be a successful bookie though. He wondered if that was a thing that could be instilled in someone, or whether it had to be innate.

She's still waiting for your response, Makh pointed out with a clear mental impression of a smirk.

"That was what I meant, yes. Thank you."

T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first twelve eggs to hatch from whichever clutch happens first.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff