[PRP] Learning the art of a summons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:26 pm
They had still been stuck in the cave while Griffith's paw healed. Nara found herself being a good little nurse, making sure the god of balance didn't lick the golden flower paste off his paw once it was applied. She would glare at him every time he tried.

Griffith did not want an angry Nara at him. It would do him best to listen to the silent command.

But once the wound seemed to be fully healed, the little cub was back to her bouncing self, zooming around the den until they would need to leave the area. It would probably do best for both the god's sanities.

"Ready? Ready? Ready?" Nara asked as she bounced around the larger god. "Can you teach me to teleport today! Or... Or what did you say..something about summoning each other? That sounds cool! How do we do that? Teach meeeee."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had taken a great deal of willpower to not lick his healing paw. The more it healed, the more it itched, and the more he wanted lick it! He had thought about it several times, only to be met with a rather adorable and angry glare from his daughter that would stop him in his tracks. (He was not going to comment on whether or not he licked it while she wasn't watching).

Now he stood on all four paws, the injury it seemed fully healed, and while the time spent in the cave had not been seemed so long to him, it must have seemed an eternity to his child. A smile and a chuckle as she bounded around him, it seemed it was most certainly time to leave the cave.

"Hmm, alright."

Griffith turned, pulling a single feather from one large wing.

"Summoning connects to teleporting, so we will start there. Pick an object, preferably something you have a connection to, such as a feather. Focus on that object, focus your will and your magic on the object to create a charm."

As he spoke, the god demonstrated, a shimmer of divine energy surrounding him and the feather he held in his paw. When he was finished, he offered the feather to Nara.

"This feather is now a summoning charm, you can use it to call me anytime. If we are ever separated, this feather will bring me back to you. All you have to do is think of me and I will be able to find you and teleport to your side."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:12 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara's eyes watched as Griffith pulled a feather from his wing. She cooed as she watched the shimmer around the feather, before it was offered to her. Gently she took it, inspecting the light object from every angle.

"What if it gets destroyed....? what happens then?" The young goddess asked with a frown. The next question was more to herself. Where was a safe place to keep it? She would have to finagle it in a way to keep on her body. Maybe as a hair charm? or a new necklace? she could find some vine somewhere once they were out of the mountains.

Nara looked at herself with a frown. "I don't have one though... I mean...I can in my eagle form...but would that work?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:48 pm
"If it is destroyed then the summon charm is broken, you will have to get a new one. Make sure you keep it safe."

Griffith smiled at the little goddess, a flick of his tail. If she ever lost the feather, he would of course create a new charm, as many times as she needed. He would however prefer she kept that one safe, after all if she lost it, it would be more difficult to find her to give her a new one.

"It does not have to be a feather, a tuft of fur or something similar could also be used to create a charm. A feather from your eagle form would also work. Try to use a object that you feel a connection to, it will make creating the charm easier."

He supposed most any item would work, it only need to be small enough to carry, though most gods did chose to use one of their own feathers.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 am
Amon Larethian

Nara nodded. She definitely would keep it safe. Maybe she could fashion the feather into a small earring? Maybe her and Griffith could go gem hunting one day to find a pretty charm to use as a base. She'd ask him later, but for now, she clutched the charm close to her head, contining to nod.

A tuft of fur? That didn't seem as fun. And she wanted to do something different than what he had offered, even if the feather seemed the most easiest.

Thinking for a moment, the goddess glanced at her tail. She had a bunch of hair on her tail tuft. She grabbed the appendage, making a small tight braid with the end strands of the hair, before she used her teeth to cut it. She glanced around, finding a string-like material that was just long enough to tie off both sides of the loose braid, before handing it to her dad.

"Like this?" Nara asked, showing the god of balance the small braid. She hadn't focused her magic into the charm yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:24 am
Griffith watched his little one with interest, tail flicking as he settled to sit on his haunches. It seemed she was already putting a great deal of thought into her charm, instead of simply taking a feather from her eagle form wings or picking up a stone off the ground, she had created an item for the charm herself. There was a sense of pride in the smile he gave her.

A nod, the god looked over the small braid his daughter had created.

"Yes, this will make a perfect charm. Now, hold it close, focus, let your energy and your magic flow into it."

As he spoke, he passed the briad back to her, placing it in her paw. A reassuring smile, he knew she could do it.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
Amon Larethian

Nara nodded once. Right. Hold it close. Focus. She reached for the charm, taking it gently from the other.

Nara's eyes closed as she held the braided charm close to her heart. She could feel a bit of warmth rising from her as she concentrated the energy and magic flow from herself into the other. Once she felt the warmth dissipate, she opened her eyes, glancing at Griffith.

Her head tilted as she glanced at the braid, handing it over to the other. "I think I did it." She said quietly, picking up the feather she had placed on the ground to make her own charm.

"What now?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:50 pm
Griffith watched his daughter intently, silently guiding her, willing her to succeed. That's my girl, little one, i know you can do it, use your heart. His chest may have swelled with fatherly pride, how much his little one had grown and learned, blossoming into the goddess he knew she always was meant to be.

A smile as he took the offered charm. He grasped in his paw, holding it close as if it were a dear treasure. His eyes closed, he could feel the warmth, the hints of divine magic that had touched the braid of fur.

"Well done."

The god rose to his paws, taking several steps away before turning to face his daughter again.

"Now, focus your thoughts, feel the charm, you should still feel a connection even though it is separated from you. Focus on that, let it pull you toward it. Do you feel it? When I use it to call you, you will feel it pull you toward it, focus on that and follow it. That will be your first step to teleporting. You can try my charm first if you wish, call me with it and it will pull me to your side."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:18 am
Amon Larethian

Nara swelled with pride as she was praised. She did it! A smile on her maw, she watched Griffith take a few steps back, giving him a questioning look. He turned his attention back to her, and she blinked.

Her head tilted as her eyes closed, trying to focus on what Griffith said. She felt...something? It was faint, but that probably what he was talking about? Maybe?

She opened her eyes to give the other a nod. She glanced at the feather charm. She clutched it to her heart, and called out to the god of balance with her mind. The young godlet couldn't help but look towards Griffith, to see if her mental call was actually working, or if she just looked as silly as she felt.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Griffith felt the pull, heard the call of his name. At such a close range, the call might have been easier to ignore, (he could have simply walked the short distance to return to her side, but walking would not help with teaching his daughter). His eyes closed, allowing the feather to pull him toward it, vanishing from where he stood to reappear a moment later at the goddess' side.

"See? It's easy."

A smile, Griffith again walked several feet away before turning to face her.

"When I call you, you will feel the pull, you will hear me call. Focus on that, think of me, picture yourself at my side, and follow that pull. You will be able to teleport to my side. Ready?"

He waited a moment, holding the tuft in his paw, then silently whispered her name to the charm, willing his daughter to his side.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara's eyes widened as she watched the form disappear, only to reappear a few feet from her. Okay, so it probably could have been more impressive if he was thousands of miles away! But, the sudden disappearance and reappearance was an amusement for a young cub like Nara.

"You and I have different meanings of the word 'easy' I think." She said with a frown. Nonetheless, she tucked the feather safely in her gauntlet. It would be a snug fit for the time being until she could fashion it to a different item.

Nara nodded, once again listening to his instruction. She watched him whisper into the charm, the warm feeling she felt when transferring the energy at first slowly coursing through her body. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to follow the tug.

She couldn't explain the feeling of teleporting. It just sort of...happened? Yet, here she now was, sitting at the side of her 'dad', glancing up at him curiously. "I was just. and now I am....whoa. Cool!"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:46 pm
"Well done, little one, a perfect teleport."

Griffith could not have grinned any broader, his head lowered in an affectionate nuzzle. That's my girl, I knew you could do it. Oh how very proud Griffith was of his little one. How quickly she learned, soon she'd be teleporting miles away and back again (but hopefully not too soon).

"You can feel the pull of the charm over great distances and teleport as far as you dare, so long as you know where you are going."

Random teleporting was not advised, there was no telling where you might end up. Fortunately he had never heard of anyone getting stuck in a rock from an incorrect teleport.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm
Amon Larethian

"Yay!" Nara all but squealed as her eyes lit up. She purred as she was nuzzled, definitely becoming use to the contact in the short period she had spent with Griffith.

"Maybe one day I will make it back home. I wonder if anyone is still there." She was sure she was making the others worried. Gaius, Sitiri, Aldan maybe? Feathers? Okay probably not him. She knew the picture of the Storm born in her mind, maybe one day she would try to go to it.

In the far future. Right now, Nara enjoyed where she was. (Even if a courtesy HI I'M OKAY to those in the Myrsky Syntynyt would be nice.)

"You won't...teleport far from me right? At least...not for a while?" She didn't want to be left alone. Now that she could fly and (kind of) teleport, he would stay with her still right?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm
"I will never leave you, little one. I will remain at your side for as long as you wish me to."

Griffith gave his daughter a reassuring smile. Nara was his daughter, more precious to him than he could have ever spoken, he would always be there for her. He would not make the mistakes he had before, he would not fail her in this life as he had in the last, as he had failed his poor Judeau.

"Even when you are grown and ready to live your own life, I will always be nearby, and I will always answer when you call."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:01 pm
Amon Larethian

"Good." Nara said with an affirmative nod, climbing up Griffith's leg, and onto his back. She was careful of his wing joints as she settled having grown accustomed to staying on his back when traveling, even though she had the means of flying herself. Soon, she would be too big to do this, so the small godlet was taking advantage where she could.

"Ready to go?" She purred, nuzzling in the other's mane, as she glanced towards him from his shoulder. She didn't know where they would go this time, but she was ready for a new adventure.

And to mainly...get off this stupid mountain now!  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff