26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:48 am
Contest Tidbits

User Image

- The red gal and gal with wings will be the prizes above
    - ALL are eligible to apply, do not discourage others from applying.
    - One contest will be Judged and the other will be Rolled.
    - You may enter for both, but you can only win one!
    - I highly encourage you to only enter if you're interested in this plot. While I am not expecting a huge amount of rp I do expect that this backstory, plot and characters be respected.
    - Cubs must stay in Stormborn.
    - DO NOT assume that your character was mistreated and turn them evil. Astrid and Freya are going to be good mothers. You may develop your character to be evil if you wish through plot but not by birth.

Plot Summary

Freyja, the mother to Freya, wasn't a very nice woman. She prided strength in her offspring and was very disappointed in both Freya, who would fight against her mother, as well as Astrid, who was both Freya's best friend and made her way through the ranks by "piggybacking on Freya" and who, in Freyja's eyes, didn't deserve it.
    She took it upon herself to have a paw in raising Helvegr, one of Freya's sons who was, much to her displeasure, born without a marriage to the lion involved.
    Helvegr was outgoing, not afraid of anything, the type of cub the grandmother absolutely desired... and yet, he would be the one to end her life when she bore cubs of her own with the father of Hel's cub crush that had "left him behind".
    Astrid witnessed this and quickly smuggled the newborn cubs out of the pride [with the help of an oblivious Freya and a few other passing lions] to avoid Hel's wrath, only to have it come crashing down on her when he recognized her pelt fleeing the scene of his heinous crime.
    In ways I dare not speak, Astrid was tormented by him, and in a moment of pure agony, she sought comfort in Gjenferd; a lion who was a stranger, but would end up being very much a salvation to her mind.
    Astrid's pregnancy was torture until the day the cubs were born, as she had feared the worst: that Helvegr could be the father.
    Their birth was a moment that started in a panic, and ended in complete joy.
    Astrid loves her children, and luckily for them, Helvegr is off on his own little adventure in the world and won't be a bother to them.
    But for how long....?

End Date: September 18th @ Midnight EST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:57 am
Family Post

Parents

Astrid | played by Cheza | Mother - A bit of a chicken, Astrid is the sweeter of your two "mothers" and more likely to not have the strength to tell you NO when you're acting up, and definitely the one to go to for a good cuddle when you're upset.

Freya | played by Cheza | Mothers Best Friend - The opposite of Astrid, Freya is definitely more likely to leave you in a tree and tell you to get down the way you got up, only to give up if you cry. She's not mean, but she tries to be a little tougher on you, being of viking blood.

Gjenferd | played by Chobi | Father only by blood - Gjen is a very well rounded viking with a soft heart. While he won't always be around he'll do his best to be good to the cubs when he is.

Siblings

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 am
Contest Cub: The First Born Daughter
User Image

Prompt |
Remember no god modding.

gaia_pawstamp Another cub with in the pride has been teasing you mercilessly about the fact you have two moms. How do your respond to this? Do you get even or are you the type to let things go or something else?

gaia_pawstamp Your mothers get wind that Helvegr is returning, and while Freya seems in her element, you can't help but notice that Astrid's smile doesn't quite reach her eyes, and she's extra clumsy around the den. Do you ask her about it, or go to Freya and ask her, etc? [You may use Freya or Astrid in this prompt, it'd be hard not to!]

[color=crimson][size=18][b]First Born Daughter[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Prompt Response:[/b]

Participants |

1. AstoriaFallen
2. NovaCracker
3. LadyPipen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 am
Raffle Cub: The Second Born Daughter
User Image

Raffle Bits |

gaia_pawstamp You must give us a name in order to get a ticket
    gaia_pawstamp You may only have one ticket

[color=red][size=18][b]Second Born Daughter[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]

Ticket Holders |

1. AstoriaFallen
2. nessaing
3. NovaCracker
4. MangoMeow
5. Daffupanda
6. Midnightglow18
7. -_Wish of Tevarae_-
8. LadyPipen
9. Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am
And this is OPEN!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:22 am
Second Born Daughter
Name: Gwyar
Name Meaning: Old Welsh name meaning "gore" or "spilled blood, bloodshed";  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:37 am
Second Born Daughter
Name: Tulikukka
Name Meaning: Fire Flower in Finnish  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:45 am
First Born Daughter
Name: Ixquic "blood lady"
Personality: Fierce. From a young age she showed the potential of not being afraid of anything and as she continued to grow it became more and more clear. There wasn't anything that this child was afraid of. Bold and adventurous Ixquic is a stark opposite of her mother and tries to be there for her in the ways she's unable to be. She's aware of her super sweet demeanor and tries to be that firm paw of reason, or at least tries to get her mother to be a little tougher on her kids. She'll come to her parents with scenarios that she enacts to see how Astrid might respond in an attempt to get her to be more firm, but she won't ever do anything to cause any of her family harm. When it comes to how she acts towards her siblings though she will show some tough love. She believes the strong survive and the weak will eventually perish so she does what she can to make sure her siblings are 'strong' in their own ways. Since strength isn't just a matter of physical power to her.
Prompt Response:

What was her mother's deal lately? While she was always her calm and sweet in nature self, there was something a little off about her. After some asking around the reason became clear to her and giving a little growl she decided to just confront her mother about it. "Mother!?" Her voice firm and questioning as she approached her, tail whipping behind her in an agitated manner. "Please don't tell me that you're just going to bend over backwards for him the second he walks back into this den." While she was young, she had quite a lot to say about things and wasn't afraid to voice them. Was that why she was so nervous? "Why do you let him have this type of control over you? Look at Freya! She's just fine, why can't you take a page out of her book." At least PRETEND everything was going to be alright ya know? Or even come to her children with her concerns, since this was likely going to effect all of them.

"Mom..." Her voice softened as she looked at her mother with all the love within her being because she really did love her mother more than anything on this planet. "If you're concerned about anything you need to let us know so we can be there for you. I know we are small and can't really do anything but we are here for you no matter what. We are your children and I will not let anything bad befall you, no matter what." While there wasn't a lot she could do given her stature she was certain she could bend the knee of a few without any issue given how she was slick of the tongue. If her mother wouldn't do anything she would find someone who might. "Just know that no matter what we love you." She would make sure her mother was safe, or at least try everything within her power to keep her safe. Even if it cost her everything.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:50 am
First Born Daughter
Name: Tyra (Norse, roughly meaning Thor's Warrior)
Personality: Tyra has seemed sensitive to her mother Astrid's anxiety since she can remember. Attentive to going ons arouind, this little one watches everything -- not in fear, though. Tyra is a territorial, aggressively protective lioness whom only loves her family or friends, but those whom endanger them... Well, she will only greetyou with claw and fang. Tyra doesn't seek trouble, however -- she enjoys exploring, and learning, and seeing what the world offers. Outsiders fascinate her and she's an intyerest, eventually, in herbalism in place of viking, seeing her skills better suited to the tending of her pride and of those in it. Were she allowed, it is likely she would be a priestess, or similar.
Prompt Response: (Oops I mixed both prompts. Go me?)

Mother was distressed. Tyra knew this. She watched her mother's eyes, the way she moved, smiled, talked -- but none of it was entirely quite riught. It was all caked in the unease of fear and terror, and so, Tyra turned eyes to her other-mother. Freyja seemed fine, unlike Astrid. Naufght bothered her, but still, Tyra knew -- almost as if anyonwe, in her mind, would - that her Mama fret for her mother. Tyra didn't know what was bothering her family, but it hung, thick in the air like smoke or vines and the female felt unsettled paws moving. She often moved for the grassres, the herbs, gathering them home to blend and prepare, for she tried to find something to soothe her mother. All she learned when found was a 'bad male' was returning, a 'bad male' that once hurt her mother.

Tyra was a cub. They didn't use adult words, but it was enough to raise fire in her blood. Danger meant her siblings could hurt, her parents -- and the little one didn't dare think of it, the thoughts driving fury to claw, and finally, the lioness slashed claws on her favorite tree.

"I don't want anybody hurting mother." Tyra breathed softly that afternoon, staring at her claw marked before looking out. A few male cubs were close -- slightly bigger, older, and Tyra rose, clawing her tree again.

"I won't let him hurt my family!"

Claws rakes wood. Her eyes flashed, the pale lioness' fury rising again, and a male laughed, earning the female's gaze -- a cold, furious look as the male cub took it as invitation to draw close, pushing her over.

"Dummy, cubs can't protect grown ups." He taunted. "That's why you shouldn't have two moms, then you get stu--"

Tyra's paws lashes as they did her tree, the female growling as she knocked the cub down. He was older, she was faster, the little lioness hissing.

"Don't insult my mothers!" She growled. The boy yeowled, rolling to counter and Tyra clawed him again, biting down on his ruff and earning a yelp from him as she pinned him, leaning into his face.

"I WILL protect my family, you jerk. Be it from you, or a grown up." She hissed, biting hius ear roughly before one of the neaby adults snatched her from him, the lioness carrying Tyra for her home gruffly, and the cub huffed.

"Well, he insulted my family. And me." She objected. The lioness had said nothing, rolling her eyes bnefore dropping the cub gently at her den entrance before scooting her in, and Tyra huffed, moving to her herb pile to sulk.

"I'll protect you, Mommy. From the bad lion and all the mean ones who think you and momma can't be loving cause they're stupid. Promise."

There was quiet, however, and Tyra huffed, moving, and settling to work on herb memorization.

Second Born Daughter
Name: Frigg
Name Meaning: "Beloved"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 pm
Second Born Daughter
Name: Runa
Name Meaning: Old Norse for "secret tradition".  

MangoMeow

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:49 pm
Second Born Daughter
Name: Kaja
Name Meaning: Feminine form of Scandinavian Kaj, meaning "lord."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am
Second Born Daughter
Name: Solveig
Name Meaning: From an Old Norse name which was derived from the elements sól "sun" and veig "strength".  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:34 am
Second Born Daughter
Name:
Gyda
Name Meaning:
Old Norse pet form of Guðrún, Meaning: Guð: 'gods' and rún: 'secret'  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 am
First Born Daughter
Name: Frida
Personality:
A quiet cub, it's quite easy to dismiss Frida as shy and cowardly- and for sure, it is her strategy to keep her head down and make as few ripples as possible, and at first glance the cub seems timid and better suited to life in service of her betters. However, this would be where you were wrong- quiet and subtle she is, but a coward she is not. She enjoys her peace and quiet and calm, but make no mistake, this does not mean she'll simply roll over and suffer in silence. Oh, you may beat her in combat, that's true- but Frida is a staunch believer in the phrase "Don't get mad, get even."
So, a bigger, stronger cub wants to show off and shove her nose in the dirt? Alright, go on with it, she'll allow it in interest of ending the conflict quickly and with minimal injuries- but when that meaner cub is found later that week retching his guts into the dirt for the fifth day in a long sickness, you can bet it's because Frida has found a way to sneak nasty herbs into his meal. Or sunk a rotting rabbit into his family's drinking water- or some other devious action and hey- he's not bothering anyone any longer.
Prompt Response:
(I did both together~ they tied in nicely! <3)

Frida was not stupid- she knew when something was amiss. Sure as the sun in the sky... It was Momma Astrid that gave it away, really, otherwise the cub would have been none the wiser. Young as she was, with her fly-on-the-wall ways Frida was growing more in-tune to her family's moods and habits every day, and Momma Astrid wore her heart on her sleeve.

It was something Frida usually loved... She could be her spineless, unconfrontational self and sneak back home for affection and comfort when other cubs got too rough and their harsh words and accusations began to sting just a little bit more than Frida was willing to admit.... To anyone, she wasn't about to confide in Momma Astrid- she wasn't as strong, even at such a young age, Frida could sense it. She always made up stories- falling out of a tree was a favorite, and so was accidents while rough-housing. She didn't mind being accused of softness, not really- how could she, when snuggling up with Momma was just so... nice?

What she did mind was when the teasing was directed at her moms. Even at a young age, she'd figured out the relationship was.... Not exactly normal. Which was odd- she loved her mommas, her mommas loved each other, really the basics were covered with that alone, and yet the stigma existed. It even fell to her, from time to time, as quiet and odd as she was.

"HEY! Get away from my sister, you little freak!" The cub came out of nowhere, interrupting Frida's conversation- not about any worries of her own, no, that was too personal to confide in anyone, but the weather and other cubs and lessons were all safe topics. Family was not the only company you had to keep, after all- and Frida always found herself more comfortable around other girl cubs. Not from any romantic interest- but simply because she could carry a conversation with the sister, while the brother charged and tackled her to the ground for simply existing in proximity.

From under his paws, Frida gave little expression more than pinned ears and a curt frown, half-heartedly pushing at the brick of a cub- he was older, and bigger, the fight was lost before it even began, and she wasn't about to encourage such a one-sided battle. "What'd you think you're gettin' at, messin' around with my sister? You think I don't know what family you're from? If you think I'm gunna let you get my sister into whatever s**t you and those bitches are into you're crazier than you look," The words the cub spat gained some scandalized gasps from the nearbuy cubs- already surrounding the fight that was beginning. Not from the accusations, but that the cub dared use forbidden grown-up words.

"Stop it, I can talk to whoever-"

"You shut up! Dad would kill you if he knew who you were hanging out with, you're better than these freaks and don't you forget it," the cub snarled when his sister tried to intterupt, furious glare changing target only for enough time to snarl his sister into silence before his attention turned back to Frida herself, still barely giving enough effort to be considered fighting.

"Look at you, you're pathetic. That's what you get when you stick around unnatural freaks. Is this the best you can do? You're no better than a Thrall, I bet if I smacked you hard enough I'd find flowers instead of blood like we have," the cub jeered- Frida didn't cry, but there must have been something satisfying in the way her face twisted, because the older cub simply spat, raking claws down her face as he jumped off her, laughing.

"Look, she's not even going to deny it!" The cub jeered, leaving Frida to weakly shake the dirt from her pelt and rub at the angry red lines that marred her face- it'd be harder to explain to Momma Astrid, she'd be so upset when she saw it- "If you all know what's good for you, a snarl is the only 'talk' you'll give the likes of her, or her freaky family! In fact...." The cub paused- he'd been shoving his sister home with a shoulder when the idea hit him, and he turned back with a wicked grin, scanning over the crowd of cubs who had gathered for the one-sided fight, "If I ever see anyone talking to her again, I'll make sure she isn't the only one picking herself out of the dirt, you hear me?"

And with that jeer, the cub shoved his sister away- snapping when she tripped, leaving Frida to watch them leave, memorizing just where they disappeared to with narrowed eyes as the crowd of disappointed cubs dispersed, whispering- the fight wasn't violent enough for them, but Frida was glad enough for it. It could have been worse....

Once all the cubs had found their way back to what they had been doing, Frida finally stood, shaking the dirt from her fur- the pitiful act was over, there was no one left to fool, and it was with unusual confidence Frida bounded off- sure, she could wallow in the pity of the encounter, but that would distract from her missions, and was best left to knaw at late at night, safe in Momma's paws.

It was the dark lioness that caught her eye. Frida still didn't recognize everyone in the pride, but she was slowly learning who was friendly, and who was not... a*****e bigger cub was not, but this was Inanyesha's personal thrall, and Frida noticed her, and how similar they were. They both sat back and watched- perhaps that's why the older cubs thought she was better fit to life as a thrall, but Frida would never- could never- accept that. There were differences, such as how the adult lioness took notice of the freeborn cub immediately, pausing the moment Frida approached and becoming as attentive as if Frida was a grown-up, too... It was a power the cub rather enjoyed.

"I need you to catch me a rabbit," Frida ordered- she wasn't quite sure if this was right, really, but she had sense enough to know thralls were ordered and listened to orders so it went to figure that the lioness wouldn't argue, and though Aphria blinked, she didn't protest, so Frida continued, "The biggest, juicest, yummiest rabbit you can possibly find. Not fluffy-big, fat-big, it's very important. And.... Tomorrow. I need it tomorrow afternoon, we can meet right back here again when the sun is highest in the sky, is that okay?"

The longer Frida spoke, the less commanding she tried to be- by the end of it, she was positively giddy with her plan, shy smile gracing her face as she tried not to bounce on her paws, and Aphria herself softened at the sight- Ina surely wouldn't miss her for the little time it would take to find a rabbit, she was sure, and clearly the cub had something in mind, sweet thing- a gift for an upset mother, she figured, though she couldn't be further from the truth. Then again, there was no sweeter gift than revenge, was there? "I will do as you say, my lady," Aphria responded gently, watching as the cub swelled with pride- look at her, commanding grown-ups.

Frida whirled around, ready to bound off to her own mission- to find a very specific plant- when a second realization tickled her mind and she suddenly looked back once more at the dark thrall, "Also, um.... Do you know who Helvegr is?" Big, pale eyes stared expectatly at Aphira as the lioness puzzled- young cubs still thought adults held the answer to everything, and the lioness did not care to let the cub down- by the look of that face, someone had already done enough of that- but the most she had ever heard was rumor and gossip, she didn't know the cub's parents herself.

Still, she settled down next to the cub without sigh or complaint. "I think," she began softly, "That this is best a question answered by your mothers. I do not know all that happened- what I do know, is that Helvegr was the same type of lion as whatever cub left his mark on your face, a true Stormborn, Freya's son. But I am Inayesha's thrall, not Freya's, and more than that I do not know."

Frida listened with wide eyes, regarding every little bit the lioness said with great reverence- no one usually told her anything, really, usually they just said 'you'll understand when you're older' and left it at that. "Okay," Frida answered after a short silence, subconciously in the same quiet tone Aphria had used to explain. Making Helvegr into a bigger version of her own bully suddenly made everything make sense- why Momma Astrid and Freya talked about him when they thought they were all asleep, only in hushed whispers were they thought no one could hear, why Momma Astrid no longer smiled- not real smiles- and seemed so.... Not-Momma. Frida stared at her paws as she considered all the information she had been given, gently holding it in her mind like precious gold before she suddenly looked back up at Aphria with a bright grin.

"Okay! Thank you! Don't forget the rabbit- sun-high tomorrow, right here!" She chirped, jumping to her feet and bounding away with a new spring in her step. Momma had bullies, too, it made since once Frida had considered it, and she was much softer than Frida. Now that she knew, she could help- she was a cub, but she could help more than they gave her credit for, she knew. Even if she had to get a whole bush of leaves for whoever Helvegr was! She bet a grown-up would underestimate her even more than the other cubs did...

Second Born Daughter
Name: Dagrun
Name Meaning: "Day/Secret"  

LadyPipen

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:36 pm
Second Born Daughter
Name: Heill
Name Meaning: Good Luck in Old Norse  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]