User Image

Fallen from Heaven

A Dumanne ORP

Open: Now!
Close: tba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:00 pm
The Build-Up
[ map for reference ]

It had been a sudden development, but King Tsu’Tey hadn’t initially been concerned about the darkening sky or ominous noises. Even when the ground had split in various places across the lands, it hadn’t phased him. Never a religious cheetah, part of what made Tsu’Tey an effective leader was his focus on present situations. But many moons had passed, and the calamity in the sky has yet to subside - and whispers of fear and concern had begun to reach his ears. He had made the rounds to all of the clans and had managed to create a tenuous veil of peace and harmony - but there was now something he couldn’t ignore.

Deep within the heart of the Dumanne lands, between the Scarab and Deathstalker territories, something had appeared in the sand. Some reports had even said that it had actually fallen from the sky - a sentiment that King Tsu’Tey was reluctant to believe. But, rumors had begun to spread, with fear following closely behind, forcing King Tsu’Tey to go and see this object for himself.

And of course, once word of the King’s voyage had spread, members from all across the Dumanne lands had gathered to see the spectacle.

What’s Happening Now

King Tsu’Tey, along with a group of companions from the Scarab clan, have been making their way towards the fallen object that lies in the center of their lands. Some Dumanne members have already gathered, having heard the rumors and whispers about this object. Most in the Dumanne know of King Tsu’Tey’s prudent and shrewd nature, and many await his reaction to this phenomenon.

This ORP will focus on members’ reactions and comments to the recent calamities, as well as any retellings of their own sightings! Some effects the Dumanne lands have witnessed:

• Sudden cracking in the ground; these have been relatively shallow, no more than a foot or two!
  • Darkening skies that have lasted indefinitely
  • Ominous/booming/otherwise inexplicable noises
  • And finally, this piece of Heaven’s Gates! Please note, your character won’t actually know what these are! But I wanted everyone to know what they’re looking at!

Dumanne

Dumanne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Participation and Prizes

For this ORP, anyone who meets any of the following criteria can participate:

• Dumanne members
  • Cheetahs or cheetah species wandering through the area
  • Familiar species (certain prey species should be on guard, though!)

Periodically during the ORP, King Tsu’Tey will make his thoughts about the recent happenings known, as well as decide on any actions that need to be taken. This can also serve as a time for members from the different clans to approach the King and voice any concerns!

Once the ORP is finished, I will roll for cheetah semi-customs! The total number depends on the number of participants.

Please keep in mind the notes from the shop meta page!

Feel free to begin posting immediately after this! The King and his group will arrive after a little bit. :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Red eyes scanned the ground from way up high, but with the dark skies, he was practically invisible to the naked eye. Eadgar would've thought that there was a bad storm coming, but as the days went by and nothing happened, it became clear that that wouldn't happen. So he cautiously conceded to flying up and checking the area.

The thing that had fallen had drawn everyone's attention, the raven could see people gathering towards it from where he was. With a click of his beak, he turned and flew back to his companion.

Circling around him, Eadgar landed on the cheetah's head, "There are people there, but I think anyone has actually approached it yet."

Poe was still frowning when his bird friend returned, slowing his gait to allow the raven to land on his head and then quickening his steps once again. For all of his flaunt and posturing, he did take his job seriously, and an unidentified object appearing in the lands was not something to laugh about.

That said, he still spoke with an easy-going tone, "That won't last long, I'm sure. We'd best pick up the pace."

As they drew nearer, he raised an eyebrow at the very mixed amount of clan members. Clearly this was an interesting event for everyone, and he wondered how long it would take before the king arrived, because there was no one he wouldn't.

MangoMeow

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Padding along quickly, Mahina had only just heard the news. She had been so put off by the strange happenings lately that she felt completely out-of-sorts - to the point where she was embarrassed that, as a spotter, she hadn't been more on top of this occurrence. She had stayed up all night watching the strange lights in the sky, and was only awakened this day by her companion, Jakuta's, gentle nudging. He had relayed the rumors and eyewitness accounts, upon which she immediately made a bee-line straight for the new object.

Coming closer, she could see the dark figures of other members gathered around, along with those who were still just arriving. Her eyes scanned quickly, looking to see if there was anyone familiar. One distinctive dark body stood out - she knew him as a fellow spotter within her own clan. She veered towards him, wondering if perhaps he knew any additional information.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:46 am

Umbani was still relatively new to the group and he found himself a little hesitant on whether or not he should go with everyone else and see what had fallen from the sky. He had to admit he was intrigued and certainly wanted to see more, but the oddly marked cheetah was so use to spending time on his own that he was a little intimidated by the though of collecting with a large group.

None the less the sights he had seen the last few days made him curious. The sky's had been dark, and sounds that he had never in his life heard before, plus the cracks that now scarred the lands. Umbani moved slowly as he joined the group trying to stay to the fringe while also getting a glimpse of what had fallen from the sky.

nessiaing

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Most days Tailtiu was not in a hurry. She was always the type of cheetah who took things are a leisurely pace. However today was not like most days. Whispers about a strange object in the pride got to her ears. Seeing that would be a welcome change to her monotonous schedule. She did not want to take her time traveling to the object.

When she got there, she realized that she was not the first to arrive. It was not surprising. Even compared to the already strange occurrences that been happening, the large object was breath taking.

“Svētki do you see this?” Tailtiu asked with wonderment. She sat down and stared at it. When she did not get an answer she looked around. “Svētki?”

A small, genet stomped in the sand, walking toward Tailtiu. “I fell off.” She said while breathing heavily. Tailtiu looked more amused at her friend then worried. “Whatever this thing is, it better be worth the travel. There is still a lot of work to be done.”

Svētki sat down next to Tailtiu. Her eyes widened when she saw what Tailtiu was looking at. “Do me a favor and don’t touch that. I get the feeling that you will only curse yourself and me.”

Tailtiu laughed at her friend. The urge to touch was there, but Tail contained herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:09 am
As they got closer, Poe sat himself down and tilted his head curiously, earning an irritated chirp from his companion who had to shuffle to the side to keep from falling off. It was going to get interesting with so many crowding around the object, and he squinted to try and pin-point where and what it was.

His pink ear flicked up as he heard footsteps though. Turning his head, the male grinned back at the white cheetah, "Well, hey there, Maniha." Duty or not, he was never the type to ignore a pretty face. "I see you've come to investigate as well."

The raven shot him an annoyed look, reaching forward to peck at his ear. Seriously? He may not have said anything flirtatious, but Eadgar knew him well enough to know what was going through his head.

Stupid cheetah and his one-track mind. He really did need Eadgar to keep him in line sometimes.

With a shake of his head, the black bird turned to her as well, "No one's gone to do more than stare at it yet, as far as I can tell." He snorted, "Probably for the best." The sky had been frightening lately. Who knew what something that came from it would do.

Polette

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:24 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The black and orange male cracked his neck slightly as he slunk forward slowly, he was looking at a few of the others that had arrived but he wasn't paying most of them any mind. Maisha looked over towards Morte and spotted her daughter not too far away and wanted to catch up.

"What do you think about this?" Her daughter gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "I'm not sure what it is, so there isn't really much to think about it, is there." She commented back with a sideways glance towards her mom.

"Be careful." Morte said as a few seemed curious to approach. "We aren't sure what it is and it could be dangerous."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Coming up on the dark male, Mahina slowed her pace, easing her breathing to try and cover up how quickly she had gotten over here. "Hello there, Poe, Eadgar." She smiled, moving up next to Poe but keeping her gaze on the foreign object. "I really couldn't keep myself away once I heard." Her eyes widened as they ran across it - it was huge and jagged, nothing like she'd ever seen before. Her mouth dropped open slightly as her gaze went from bottom to top and back again. "It's so breathtaking, no wonder nobodies wanted to get up close." She spoke after a long pause, wondering who, if anyone, would be brave enough to break the invisible barrier the crowd had created.

"Have you been here long? I heard the King was on his way." Her mind began racing with questions, but she made an effort to control herself.

MangoMeow

Polette
Crew

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:54 am
Poe nodded back, in agreement they couldn't stay away when something crashed landed into their territory, and then frowned as he looked back at it. "You can never be too careful, but eventually, someone will need to go near it." He debated whether he should suggest they go an investigate it, continuing the conversation as he did so.

"Nah, Eadgar flew ahead to look, but I only just arrived myself."

"The perk of having wings -- you can get to your destination quickly." Eadgar lifted his wings and flapped twice to emphasize his point. Then he tucked his wings back under him, and hopped down to settle himself between Poe's shoulder blades. Poe had a tendency to move his head a lot, and his back was better to stay in one place.

He was about to close his eyes to rest when Poe tilted back to glance at him. Eadgar narrowed his eyes in suspicion at the grin on his face.

"What do you say we check it out?" After all, no one was getting anywhere just staring at it, and once the king arrived, there may not be a chance to. The cheetah turned his gaze back to Mahina, "Might be interesting, seeing it up close."

Poe was completely deserving of the wing whacking the back of his head, in Eadgar's opinion. "And if it's dangerous? Maybe someone has gone and looked, and people are avoiding it because it harmed them."

Polette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Word of a strange...thing appearing in the sands had traveled far and fast. How could it not in a group of cheetahs? Filibert and Makahiki Hou were traveling a bit ahead of the king and the rest of the Scarab Clan members that had agreed to go inspect the strange object, the female because she felt it was her duty to come and the male because he was curious as to what it could be. Maka kept her pace steady even though she wanted to run, knowing her companion couldn't use the speed cheetahs were blessed with. Fili limped along at his usual gait, ears back and eyes narrowed as they approached the place where the object had been found. They weren't the first to arrive but that didn't surprise either of them much.

"Hm," Fili hummed softly as he took in the scene, the cheetahs standing warily around the rather large, shiny hunk of...rock? It looked hard, at the very least. They were giving it a wide berth which was expected, given they had no idea how this thing got here or what it could be.

Maka paused a few paces ahead of her darker companion, tilting her head as she stared at the thing in the sand. A little shiver ran down her spine and even though she didn't know what it was, she knew it wasn't good.

"Oh boy...that's...a big hunk of something," she said quietly, her normally over the top personality subdued.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:37 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The male looked over towards one of the other clan leaders. Moving closer to Makahiki he turned a scarred face to look at her, "What do you think this means?" Curious to know what she thought about the whole thing. His main job was to ensure they had fighters, so thinking about random objects wasn't one of his strong points. Still, he was wary of it.

SilverLutz
So many M names going on right now :joy:

The fellow firefinch moved closer to Mahina and Poe and flicked her tail behind her like a whip as she grew closer to them. They seemed to be discussing the current situation they were all having. "At least it looks pretty." Was her wild comment as she drew close enough to speak to them. "Where did it come from you think? I don't feel like we've had a big enough sand storm lately to uncover such a thing....."

MangoMeow

Polette

Maisha watched as he daughter walked away and decided to move closer towards the dark purple male with vibrant white markings. "Hello." She said with a flirtatious smile as she approached him. Why not get to know others while they were trying to figure out what that THING was? "I'm Maisha, what is your name?" She wasn't sure she'd seen him around before, perhaps a new face to their lands.

nessiaing
I hope this is okay <3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:43 pm

"Ah, what a nice set of extra eyes." Mahina glanced at the bird and smiled, giving a wink. "I left Jakuta behind - he didn't seem all that interested." Plus, being a snake, he really never liked venturing in the heart of their lands - it was far too hot and sandy for his liking. Sometimes, being in her position, she wished she had a winged companion.

"I wouldn't mind - as long as you go first." You know, just in case. Mahina wouldn't call herself a dare-devil, but she also wasn't a coward. And until the King showed up, what else were they supposed to do?

--

For a moment, her attention was diverted as another approached them - Mahina recognized the female, but she wouldn't consider them to be close. Her position kept her out and about frequently, and she really only knew other Spotters for the most part.

"The rumor is, it fell from the sky." Mahina was standing now, ready to depart with Poe. "Makes you wonder what else is up there."

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

Polette
Crew

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 am
Poe grinned, "I don't mind taking a closer look. Eadger didn't see anyone else going near it yet," it was said with a coy look up at the bird, who rolled his eyes. He shouldn't have mentioned that tidbit earlier to the cheetah. "So what's the harm in looking?"

Giving a nod at the other two females, he stood up, "Let's go take a closer look." Then he turned and stalked closer to the object. The male weaved his way through the crowd, sure that, even if he got separated from the other two, they would stick nearby to watch him approach it first. That worked great for him -- he would never pass up an opportunity to show off to a couple girls.

"This is a terrible idea." Eadgar didn't like this idea at all. He wasn't above just taking off if something bad happened, he hoped Poe knew that.

His talons dug just a bit deeper into Poe's fur, the cheetah clearly ignoring both it and the raven's complaints, and then silently grouched at the situation. He watched with uneasy red eyes as they got closer and closer, the strange smooth thing doing nothing more than just... sit there. Well, at least it wasn't reacting to them getting closer.

Clicking his beak, he crouched a bit further into Poe's back and fluffed up his feathers to appear a little bit bigger than he actually was.

Polette

AstoriaFallen

[IC] Dumanne Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas