Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 am
User Image

Usiri'njozi yawned, teeth white against his dark purple pelt. The god was massive - tall at the shoulder, but he appeared larger still due to his bulk. He was muscular, appearing more inclined to brute strength than elegance and stamina, but his large, fluffy mane made him look downright...cuddly, which was all too appropriate, as the almost-perpetually-drowsy god loved nothing more than snuggling up for a long nap.

However, even he couldn't always sleep. And so, he found himself near the border of the stormborn's territory, curiosity leading him to cross into it, half-lidded gaze taking in the details of the rather harsh terrain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaius Tiberius might have disagreed with that statement as he reclined lazily on a rock. A broad yawn split his maw, paws reaching out in a stretch. One eye opened lazily, glancing toward the sky. Well, at least it wasn't raining.

Okay, he was bored, staying out of trouble was boring, and this rock was no longer comfortable. He stood to his paws, rising to his full height. Gaius was a tall god, larger than average thanks to the massive size of his father. However Gaius was much lighter than his father, even if his figure was not exactly....trim.

Another stretch, his shook out his mane, allowing the curls to fall around his shoulders and (hopefully) giving him that charming scoundrel look. Now to find something to--he paused, eyes narrowing, well hello there. What a lovely shade of purple he saw approaching.

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:34 pm
The massive purple head turned as Usiri caught a flash of movement out of the corner of his eye. His half-lidded gaze widened slightly, as he realized that the other lion was also a god. It had been...a very long time since he had seen another immortal (since cubhood, if he were honest). The other god had no wings that he could see, but his golden mane fell in almost perfect ringlets, riotous and soft-looking.

Taking in what appeared to be a non-threatening posture from the other, Usiri padded closer, a slight smile of greeting teasing at the corners of his mouth. "Greetings." He said simply, his voice deep, and rusty with disuse (or perhaps more accurately, perpetually roughened and sounding as if he had just woken up from a nap), even as his sleepy indigo eyes studied the other male curiously.

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:41 pm
If Gaius held any disappointment that the purple he had seen belonged to a lion rather than a lioness, it did not show. Well hello there giant fluffy god, and what a lovely shade of purple you are. And oh, how very very FLUFFY you are.

"Hello there."

Gaius smiled his always charming smile, a flick of his tail. He wondered silently if the purple god was as soft and fluffy as he looked. He was going to have to find out.

"I don't think I've seen you here before."

What would bring such a fluffy and soft looking god to such a harsh place as this? Hmm....there really were a lot of gods hanging around here now that he thought about it.

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:56 pm
Usiri blinked again, in reaction to Gaius' smile - it was so bright, it was practically blinding. On some level, it wasn't intimidating, or threatening, but it struck him as being rather predatory nonetheless.

He tilted his head, considering the statement that followed the other immortal's greeting. "That's right - this is my first time here," he rumbled. "Do you live here, among the pride I hear lives here, or are you just visiting, like I am?"

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 pm
"I am staying here at present."

Gaius did not think he could ever consider such a harsh and stormy place home. It simply did not suit him, though it was not without its charms. He was quite fond of the small goddess he had met here, and especially fond of the goddess of anonymity he had followed here.

"What brings you this way? Curiosity perhaps? It seems this land attracts many of our kind."

He took a step closer, his head turned curiously. Silently he wondered what he was god of, giant fluffy teddy bears?

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:34 am
Usiri smiled at the other immortal's phrasing. Another short-term resident, then.

At Gaius' question, he shrugged. "I've been rather...withdrawn from the goings-on of mortals for some time, and decided that I should probably change that."

If he were honest, he'd fallen into a sort of....hibernation of sorts, sleeping away the years, but he had been feeling the tug of large numbers of mortals struggling to find the restfulness of sleep, like an itch he couldn't scratch, until he had finally been pulled from his slumber, lurching into wakefulness, only to find the world much changed from what he remembered.

He couldn't help but wonder if other gods had been drawn here for reasons like his own, or if they were the cause of it. Likely both.

Mirroring Gaius' head tilt, Usiri studied the other god in return. "Something felt off. I was asleep for a long while, but a feeling of...discomfort woke me up." He offered after a moment, his voice a lower rumble still. He might not be the most outgoing of gods, but he had a gentle enough nature that the idea of widespread suffering was disturbing to him.

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 pm
Short term, long term, who could say. Gaius would stay as long as it suited him, as long as his goddess of Anonymity stayed and their small goddess friend needed them. When Anonymity moved on, so too would he, but he would miss little Nara when she was no longer so little and moved on herself.

His tail twitched, finally settling to sit on his haunches. That sounded rather boring. Not that Gaius did not have his own moments of pure laziness, but he rather enjoyed the realm of mortals.

"That tends to happen when you sleep too much."

Gaius knew from experience, sometimes that afternoon nap in the sun that seemed like a good idea at the time, just made one feel worse afterward. Of course, he might have realized the other god meant the famine disturbing the sleep of the members of the pride, or maybe something else? He hadn't thought much such things himself.

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm
Usiri couldn't help it: he laughed uproariously, a sudden boom of noise erupting from his throat. It was loud, and had he not been so thoroughly amused, the unfamiliar sound may have shocked him out of laughter as quickly as he'd been surprised into it.

When he got his amusement under control enough to speak again, his smile wide (although his eyes remained half-lidded, as though even his own entertainment didn't merit the effort required to open them fully) he felt a need to explain himself. "Sleep is my realm, so it is perhaps less surprising that I found it so easy to slip deeply into it for so long."

And with having been asleep for so long, he wasn't likely to slip back into that state anytime too soon.

"Do you know what is going on with the pride here?" He asked, unable to help himself.

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:04 pm
Gaius gave the other god a suspicious look, seemingly unnerved by the sudden outburst of laughter. What was so funny? He was certain he had not said anything amusing himself.

"You're the god of sleep?"

He still didn't see why it was so funny.

"Some sort of famine I think, it seems a bit odd though."

Like most gods, Gaius was certain aware of what a famine was, had seen its effects elsewhere. But the famine here, was different somehow, though he could not quite put his paw on how or why. He had not felt the effects of it himself, but he saw it in the mortals of the pride. What had that young priestess told him? Maybe he should have paid more attention.

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:32 pm
Usiri almost laughed again, at the distrustful expression on the other god's face. He couldn't understand how Gaius didn't find it hilarious. Odd, that.

"I am, yes." Usiri replied simply, though, sinking back onto his haunches as his expression shifted back to a neutral one.

He tilted his head slightly. Given that he'd seen plenty of signs of game, that struck him as more than a bit odd. Hopefully, whatever it was, it sorted itself out soon. Looking Gaius over discreetly, he blinked. "Is it only effecting mortals, or are you impacted, as well?"

It was likely a dumb question, since the god could easily leave at any time, but he'd rather know for sure than be wrong.

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm
A brow raised, Gaius was not sure about this god of sleep. He was quite beautiful, stunning even, but he was also....odd. He did not understand at all what the other god had found so amusing. Sleep huh? He'd liked his idea of giant teddy bears better...

"Gods seem to be unaffected."

Gaius shrugged, he hadn't really thought about it or bothered to investigate. It didn't affect him, or Anonymity or Nara, it wasn't his concern. It wasn't why he was here, he was her for his ladies, not the pride that lived here.

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:11 am
Usiri almost sighed. Maybe he needed to get out more.

"Interesting."

He looked slightly pensive - the pride's unrest had tickled at his awareness, waking him up...but it sounded as if this were the doing of another immortal, rather than something natural, and so he couldn't help but wonder whether he wanted to involve himself further than he already had, simply by visiting. Especially since, for all he knew, they may have done something to justify their current situation...

"So what brought you here, since you said you haven't joined the pride?" He asked after only a couple moments of silence. "And...you mentioned that others of our kind? Are there a lot of them in this territory right now?" If so, it may well be the first time he'd been around other immortals since cubhood.

And if so, were they drawn to it like he had been, or escalating whatever it was?

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm
"I came with a friend, we came for another friend. I do not know how long we wiil remain here."

Gaius shrugged, maybe looking a bit less...weirded out by the strange purple fluffy god.

"I cannot answer why the others are here, but I do know there are a number of them. Perhaps some secret party spot I have not found yet."

He could guess what had brought his father to these lands, they most certainly suited him. Violent and stormy, the very definition of conflict. He could have guessed it was similar with the god of warriors. As for the others, he had no idea, perhaps he would ask Nara one day what had brought the small godling here.

...he was going to have to find this secret party spot.

Vashtya

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm
Well, that told him...very little. But, from the vagueness of the response, he assumed the other god either didn't want to share more information, or he just didn't know why the...friend of a friend had decided to pay these lands a visit.

Hearing that there were apparently a number of other gods about had Usiri blinking. If anything, that prompted him to consider moving on elsewhere - he felt no desire to insert himself into the inner-workings of the pride, and the presence of otherimmortals, with the almost-inevitable clashing of goals and domains that was likely ensue, would be more likely than not to tax even his penchant for restful slumber.

"It's probably fortunate, then, that I'm not much for parties." He said, keeping his expression deadpan. One might even say he made them a real snooze.

Amon Larethian

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces