[PRP] looking back [ the marrieds Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm
It had taken nearly two candlemarks, but the Nugget was finally down for a rest and Euryale felt like she wasn't too far behind. The heat of the summer was making doing anything unbearable, and even as she attempted to keep herself cool by wearing next to nothing she felt like she might as well just rollover and melt. "I....I'm not going to make it."

On the ledge outside her Weyr, Theath gave a faint rumble of support. Hers was always like this in the time after giving birth and it was ore amusing now than worrisome. Still, she offered her unwavering devotion towards the woman attempting to drape herself over the bed; clearly Euryale did not care that as a woman of 45 turns she needed to behave a bit better. Peace, Mine. Your movements will wake the littlest one and then you will have trouble all over again. Her words were but a whisper in her rider's head, and Euryale looked over at her.

"It's hot, A'star isn't here, and the Nugget has been fussing all morning. Plus you and I are darn near out of practice in the wings, what with me being grounded the last two months before I popped." She may have been griping, but it was true. The rider could feel the anxiety that leaked from her dragon at being separate from her Twin, even if it was for the briefest of moments. "I want to fly again, with you and with A'star and Miryath." The green rumbled again, once more trying to provide support even if it seemed like she was coddling. "Mostly I just want to get out of this weyr. You up for a little walk with a sleeping baby?"

Perhaps it is best if you wait until Yours returns. You can walk then; you will be at his side and I will be with mine. Euryale groaned again, loudly, and was hardly surprised at the sounds of a waking baby startled into crying. This was her day.

demon_pachabel
sorry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 pm
There were those in A'star's wing who were horrendously sick of hearing about the new baby already. Little Nugget had only been with them (on the outside of their mother) for a month, but they were all he could talk about. Untrue, you talk of Euryale more. Miryath reminded her lifemate with a soft voice as he checked over her straps for the third time. They'd been a little looser during wing drills than he'd normally liked, and it was one thing that could keep him in the bowl after their allotted time. But his lifemate wouldn't let him rush it, simply because his beloved was waiting for him.

We will be back soon, dear Theath. Miryath brushed her mind up against her sister's where she rested on their ledge, thrumming contently as the adjustments were made. A'star frowned. "Well it's not like I can talk to Euryale when I'm down here like you can..." A'star mumbled impatiently to himself. Sure, what he was doing was important, and it was better to make them both happy right then rather than putting it off and having to interrupt a later moment. Huff, puff.

----

"We're back!"

At least it wasn't a hard task. It simply meant that he and Miryath touched down on the ledge later than they usually did. The dark green's impatience bubbled up when it became her turn to wait for her rider, wiggling out of her just-adjusted straps when they were only half off to go and lay down next to the much paler green already there. That was far too long. Sure, it had been important, and it wasn't as if she hadn't been in constant contact the entire time she had been away....but the times apart were the worst times.

A'star, on the other hand, found his beloved wife sprawled out over their bed and their youngest bawling their little lungs out. He paused to lean over the bed, kissing Euryale's forehead. "You stay right there. I'll get Nugget," he was rather insistent on it too. Crossing the room, he crouched down next to the baby's cradle, murmuring softly. "Hey there little guy, are you having a hard time?" he asked as he finally scooped the infant up to rest against his shoulder, patting Nugget's back and bouncing them gently as he walked.

"Has Nugget been a fussy one today?"

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 pm
If looks could kill, A'star would have been on fire the moment he dared open his mouth. Of course he was also likely immune to such a withering stare after enduring nearly 45 Turns worth of it, and Euryale decided to respond to his question with an undignified huff. "I'm thinking the nickname needs to be changed, love. From Nugget to Screamer, or Squealer, or literally anything that involves excessive amounts of noise." She didn't fully lift herself from the bed, rather choosing to flop over and look up at the ceiling. She did turn to look over at her most beloved husband holding their most wonderful recent child, but that was the extent of her movements. "I honestly can't recall any of the others being this bad, even the twins."

From the ledge, Theath shifted. Miryath's arrival home had been her primary focus, but that certainly didn't mean she wasn't listening in to her lifemate's conversation.

"The other twins."

The dragon rested her head back against her sister, all the while thrumming with excitement at having her other half back. For her credit she was attempting to soothe the weeping child as well, sending devotion towards A'star and the Nugget, but mostly her attention was where it needed to be.

Euryale pressed on, still not moving from the bed. She needed to get up and give her husband some proper love, but it was hot and she didn't want to. "Welcome home, love. How were drills? Theath attempted to give me a play by play but as you can see, I was a bit distracted." Slowly she shifted into a sitting position, her hair falling all about her sticky with sweat shoulders. "I still need to go grab the others from the creche, and see if we can get something to eat in the dining hall, and maybe get dressed." A'star got a quick look up and down. "I don't know how you're not dying in those riding leathers. That's probably been my only blessing with all this, not having to be strapped in to something made to roast me alive."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:12 pm
"Mmm, it may be too late to change their nickname," A'star replied with a small laugh. Certainly, Euryale would say that their newest was the loudest, but she'd also thought that exact same thing about all of the others too. Though he had to agree that Nugget was just a bit more...constant about it. Not by much, as far as he could remember, but perhaps it was a Threadfall baby thing? Either way, he wasn't about to be retraining himself to another name. The Nugget would never be sure what their name was that way!

"The drills were fine. Miryath's straps are starting to sit a little odd, so it may be time to make some new ones," he'd made a new set when threadfall had surprised them all the first time, but they flew a lot more now than they had previously. Rather, they flew harder now than before. Even after two turns he wasn't enjoying fighting Thread. But on a dragon, it was his duty. Were there those who did enjoy it, though?

A'star looked down at his riding gear when Euryale spoke of it, smiling. "I have plans to get out of it and get into a nice bath at some point. Though I guess we'd like The Nugget to be back to sleep before I made any invitations for you to join me, hmm?" Not that their littlest one couldn't join them as well, but he was hoping to angle for a little alone time, if even for a few minutes. It wasn't as if Miryath and Theath wouldn't be able to watch a sleeping baby, right?

Miryath didn't lift her head or stir from her spot curled up with her twin, thrumming deep in her chest with contentment. Well you'll have to get them to sleep, first. she reminded her bonded. They wouldn't be able to cradle such a small, squishy, crying infant.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 pm
Euryale sat up a bit more at the mention of the riding straps being lose, and her brow creased in worry. "If that's the case, I'll give you a hand looking over them and fixing up some new ones. We both know I've got a finer hand for that sort of thing, and it'll give me a chance to check over Theath's as well. Faranth knows her sitting around idle has probably packed some pounds on her." She sent a mental chuckle over to her dragon, whom she felt shift uncomfortably at the soft tease. Euryale was quick to reassure her that it was just a joke, Theath was downright perfect as she was, though they did need to get their leathers checked. She'd be rejoining her wing soon enough, or so she hoped.

"Also, you know, working leathers together is a perfect excuse for it to be just you and me without having to worry about the kids." She gave her husband a wink as she finally rose to her feet, knees popping with the movement. She felt gross, probably looked and smelled gross, and that offer of a bath was looking more and more good. Casually she raised an arm up to sniff it, wondering just how it was possible for her to smell like milk and powders despite the heat of the day and all her activities. "You go ahead and get ready for your bath, I'll handle getting Nugget back to sleep and....join you. The girls can take over after, right?"

We are certainly far more quiet than you, but as always it would be an honor to care for the little one. Theath shifted against her sister, almost as though she was plotting how to make a perfect spot to protect a napping infant. We have done it many times before.

Euryale shook her head and held her arms out towards her husband, waiting for the baby to be deposited so he could go get ready and she could get a little show. Had she even thought today about how amazing her husband was and how she'd never get tired of looking at him?

Many times.

Theath's comment went as though she were honestly answering a question, so the rider let it slide.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:54 pm
His heart nearly lept out of his chest at her worry, and A'star was quick to step closer to his wife to kiss her forehead again. "At least the ones I have now will hold up for drills. I'll want that new set before Threadfall, however," they'd both seen their share of straps breaking, especially on young riders who weren't used to what actual serious riding would do with their bodies in them. He felt Miryath's unease when her twin was teased, though it stemmed more from Theath's display of discomfort than any the dark green felt of her own. She leaned in to nudge her snout against her dearest's, offering a reassuring croon.

"I'm sure it is a good excuse for some alone time, though I would think that we're old enough now that we don't need excuses, hmm?" A'star wrapped his arm that wasn't supporting their newborn around Euryale's waist to pull her in closer to him. Certainly, the kids didn't need to know what they were up to at every given moment, but 'want to spend some time alone' was as much of an excuse as anybody needed to hear.

It did get a touch more difficult when they had several children living in the weyr with them, though. But at least romance wasn't dead. He leaned in to kiss her, allowing his lips to linger against hers for a moment longer than a 'peck' before gently depositing their child into her arms. "I'll get the bath drawn up and maybe the baby will be asleep before it's ready for us, hmm?" After all, there was no point to get cold before he was ready, right?

Though his riding jacket was very much gone, tossed into a pile with the rest of the clothing that needed to be washed, before he vanished into the bathroom.

Miryath shifted in unison with Theath, stretching her hind legs up and tucking her front legs up against her chest as she joined the attempt to make the living 'cradle' for the infant that would soon be left to them. Certainly, lovely Theath would be better for keeping the little one asleep, but she would at least try her best to help.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Euryale watched the Twins shift and stretch as they prepared to comfort the Nugget and it brought a smile to her face. She was ridiculously lucky to have Impressed her sweetest Theath, a gentle and motherly dragon whom she'd trust her children with any day of the sevenday; in that turn, A'star had brought the protective and loyal Miyath with him who also had her entire heart and trust. The Twins made things so much easier on her, on her husband and the rest of their horde. "Ladies, what would I even do without you?" The rider walked over and slowly ran her foot over a pale tail, softly using her toes to give it a good rub.

.....many things come to mind. Theath's voice was soft as usual, full of a gentle amusement and so many layers of affection. A few were for Euryale, of course, but the majority were for the darker green that she nestled into. The newest one seems comfortable in your arms now.

The Nugget had surprising gone quiet when offered to nurse, and Euryale looked down to see a baby who was clearly torn between feeding and sleeping. She managed to keep a laugh silent enough, letting the weary babe close its eyes before she moved back towards the dragons. A quick drop with them was nothing new, nothing major, and she really did need the bath her husband had not-so-subtly hinted that they should take together. The baby wasn't fully asleep just yet though, and she softly hummed in an effort to get there faster.

As she hummed, bounced, softly soothed with a will to get the baby to coma itself out, she looked about the weyr. It needed cleaned before the rest of the anklebiters got home, or maybe she could rope the human twins into doing their chores for a change. There was also the laundry that was piling up, and the leathers, and....her mind trailed off and her arms stopped moving, though a faint rumble from behind had her turn back to Theath. "Oh, yeah. Here, be gentle."

There was no need to really say anything, as the rider placed her baby down into the comforting nest made from green dragon bodies. With a relieved and welcomed sigh for the silence that followed her deposit, she moved towards the area with the bath in as much hurry as she could muster. Only Faranth knew how long Nugget would remain sleeping, and even if the baby did wake just how much Theath and Miryath could calm down any upsets. "Love? The bath ready yet?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 pm
As the infant was settled in with them, Miryath hummed, resting her head next to them. Oh, humans did start so small - all of the little ones had - and they grew so slow. Unlike them. Perhaps that was why a dragon had no use for a babe that could not even walk yet. We will be here. Take all the time you need~ she offered to her rider, giving A'star a flash of the sleeping baby kept so safely by the sisters.

The tub was still filling with water - a little over halfway full - when Euryale came to join him. "Soon," he answered, though it looked as though he had taken his time to assemble the necessities for a bath first before he'd started running it. Fresh towels, several bags of sweet sand, his wife's favorite brush. He knew better than to let any of these things be out of reach - not that he saw either of them needing them for a while.

"By the time you're ready, it'll be ready, I promise," he assured.

And it would be, even if A'star kept eyeing up his beautiful wife the entire time. Both for enjoying his part of the show, but also to make sure she was watching as he finished undressing himself before stepping into the tub to settle himself. Then, he offered her a hand - not that there was any water outside of the tub for her to ever dream of slipping on. Maybe it was just an excuse to hold her hand. Not that he needed any.

"So. Tell me about your day, besides Nugget."

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 pm
Euryale gave a playful purr as she watched her husband, her eyes sparkling with delight. "Oh my, I didn't know I'd be getting a free show along with a bath." Even after all these turns together her heart still skipped in its beating whenever she looked at her husband - naked or otherwise - and the redheaded woman bit at her lip to hold back a grin. She swiftly discarded her own clothes into the ever-growing pile of laundry that needed done, and taking the hand she'd always reach for, she stepped into the tub.

The water was...perfect, even though only a few moments earlier she'd been sweating and wishing she could freeze. Her muscles were singing with relief and Euryale sighed as she settled in. If she wasn't careful she'd fall asleep and likely drown, but thankfully the love of her life was happily chatting and wanting to know about her. A'star always did know just what to say. "Today, aside from Nugget decided to test his little lungs at every chance, was fairly uneventful. I did try to give Theath a good oiling but I'm afraid I only got half of her done." This was why children went to the creche, or so many others told her. They were taking away time from her dragon, from her duties, but Euryale knew that her beloved green would never blame nor ask her to chose. Theath was patient and kind, loving to a default. Also due to be oiled more, though perhaps a swim in the ocean would help too.

"I'm feeling a little more than idle just sitting around nursing all day. I want to get back out there into the skies with Theath."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 am
Mmm. A half oiled green would draw some complaint from other riders. "I'm sure Miryath won't mind having to share an oiling session with her sister. I'll finish that up after our bath," A'star didn't offer - he stated it factually. He was going to do it even if Euryale pretended to stage a protest about it. As if confirming this notion, Miryath offered a purr of affection and approval to her rider, completely pleased. She also offered images of their sleeping child.

A perfect little boy in every way.

"After this, I'll get Theath and Miryath all oiled up, you can get the kids, and I'll have her riding straps on for you by the time you manage to herd them all back," because implying that their children would all behave and come together and not wander off and make what should have been a 10 minute task take 30 was ridiculous. No, parenting meant everything took three times as long as planned for.

"But of course, right now it's just the two of us, so need to worry about that for right now," A'star added as he pulled his wife in to kiss her. This bath could take as long as either of them wanted it to.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 am
Honestly his offer made Euryale's heart swoon, how was she so lucky to have such a wonderful husband? Most people got exhausted maintaining their own dragon, let alone offering to help for a second one, and before she could really say anything more he was kissing her and she all but melted into it. A warm bath, a loving (and sexy) husband, and a baby who was finally asleep? The greenrider had it made.

"You know exactly what to say to improve my mood." Her words were like a purr as she kissed her husband back, allowing the warmth of his body and the water to help elevate her delight. She could feel contentment from Theath as well, who was happily nestled against her sister and lovingly comforting a sleeping Nugget. "But I don't think it'd be fair for me to leave you with the pack. They can sense weakness you know, and you're not exactly top wher."

The jab was friendly but true. Euryale was the muscle in the house, her husband the nurture. If her kids had to decide which parent was kinder they'd certainly go for A'star, that much she was certain, but the redhead also knew her husband could be stern when he needed to. He kept her in line after all and that was no small task. Granted he'd had all of their lives for practice but she still had to give credit where it was due.

"So I was thinking today, while nursing Nugget." Thinking wasn't one of Euryale's strong suits, but occasionally she tried it out. "Did you ever think we'd be like this, at this point in our lives? Together, with six children? And dragonriders on top of all of it?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:18 am
She was absolutely right, and A'star couldn't help but laugh. While the kids loved him, he knew he wasn't exactly their first pick of role model (well, maybe Loaf's) and that they would go for the metaphorical jugular if given a chance. "So I oil up your best girl and then you get to go out on a ride while I get the kids," he suggested as an alternative. He could at least do that, right?

It was at least adorable that he thought so.

His brows lifted slightly as Euryale regaled him with her thought of the day, smoothing her hair back out of her face and just admiring the little things about it as she spoke. Shards, how had he gotten to be so lucky? "I can certainly say, not for the first twenty five of them. I mostly was thinking of ways to not end up eating dirt every day," which of course, was a testament to her being able to best him in any scuffles they'd had.

"But there was a point where I certainly knew we'd have a large family, if only because you are too beautiful for me to keep my hands off of."

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:54 pm
"Oh shaff off, you." The remark about not being able to keep his hands off her was met with a flushed face, Euryale unable to hide her delight at just how much her husband loved her and wanted her. Truth be told she was in the same boat, craving every inch of him as often as she could, but he didn't need to know that right this tick.

Thankfully Theath would probably relay the information to Miryath later in time, which would then get shifted to A'star, and her whole attempt at keeping it mum would be a complete waste. There was no energy to get angry though - the pair had been doing that since the moment they broke free from their shells.

"Also you know, for a good chunk of that twenty-five turns, I didn't even think you liked girls. Our tastes in things were always so similar so I just assumed you liked the same type of guys I did." Granted she'd maybe seen him once or twice with a girlfriend, but even then the idea hat A'star may have been intimate with those ladies never even clicked. Euryale had always just had some sort of weird notion about her husband, even back then. "Really glad that line of thought proved to be wrong."

Exceptionally wrong, and it was probably one of the very few things Euryale was glad she wasn't right about. Six kids proved in favor of that. "Do you remember the fight we had when we first showed up here, at the first candidate lesson? I was so sure I'd managed to escape my old life and get rid of you and yet there you were. Tall and strong, and looking quite different from how I'd seen you at home. Not that I'd have admitted it at the time, but you in Weyr clothing took my breath away."

"And here we sit now, in a tub together, with you offering to try and handle our growing wing of children, and oiling down my dragon because I'm an awful mother who can't handle more than one task at a time." Euryale's words were bitter and exhausted, but not at all true. She knew she was an amazing mother, there was no way she'd be a bad one and have such wonderful kids, but that didn't stop her from sadly speaking them. "Maybe it would be best if I give Nugget to the creche and just.....stop trying to be a parent. Threadfall is coming more and more each sevenday and I can't even be the love my dragon needs."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:45 pm
"I'm sure the fact I pointedly pursued some of those men you were eyeballing didn't help that assumption," A'star replied, idly stroking Euryale's back as she spoke. It seemed she had a few thoughts on her mind. "You mean that fight that nearly got us kicked out of our first lesson? The one where your fist met my face and I had to be sat on the other side of the room nursing a bloody nose?" his tone was playful as he leaned in to kiss the tip of his wife's nose.

"I don't recall that at all." He'd likely get slapped for that.

But in came a spiral of doubt, and Miryath chirped concern to her sister as A'star's mind immediately went to frustrated denial - but allowed Euryale to continue her line of deprecation. "What you need...is to get back up in the air. Being cooped up isn't doing you any favors. And remember - it is an exception, rather than a rule, that your loving husband swoops in to help you with all of this extra we have taken on."

Though there was one thing he did think would be worth addressing: "Are you thinking we shouldn't have anymore? Six is enough?" Certainly, Nugget was their only Threadfall child, and with such things part of their daily life now....it was going to be more difficult to arrange for otherwise.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 pm
"I'm honestly a little surprise your nose doesn't look awful after all those turns. It was, more or less, my favorite target in our little brawls." Euryale had indeed enjoyed punching A'star in the face, seeing as it was the fastest way to knock him down. After nearly ten turns of constant battling she'd come to know all the spots on his head that would drop the lad, or at least back him off. A'star had been getting stronger, likely was stronger even now, but Euryale had more instinct.

She also fought extremely dirty, but who was counting?

A'star did get a little shove at his sarcastic remark about not remembering the fight (after remembering it), and her cheeks flushed red from his soft touches and kisses. She craved him more than ever, but the sour cloud of self-inflicted misery prevented any decent action. "And you're probably right, like always, that I'm just feeling cooped in. It wasn't this bad after the others, but I think it's just the weather and stress and the fact that Theath hasn't risen in almost a full Turn that has me just....anxious. Anxious and bored and trapped and." The woman gestured dramatically, splashing the water in the tub. Venting like this felt good, even if at a base level she was just fishing for comfort from her husband.

"And don't you even try that card on me. You know that I'll carry as many of your babies as I possibly can and that there's no such thing as enough. Not with you, not with me. Shells, I'll have so many of your children they'll need to move us to our own unique Weyrhold. We'll populate a wing of our own. Thousands of redheads, Western will be in a state of emergency."

Euryale's tone at least seemed a bit merry, and her Theath sent a wash of affection along with an update that Nugget was still quite sound asleep. "But I also can't keep depending on you for everything. You're the one out there fighting Thread right now, risking your life alongside Miryath. Don't think I haven't heard some people running their mouths, talking about how we're being irresponsible for trying to keep a family when we're supposed to be riders." She seriously wanted to hit those people but it was hard to look terrifying with a baby in her arms and a toddler in tow.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces