WE Strange Weather (Pruu,Akeldama) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:32 pm
When a few days went by without rain, Pruu noticed without concern. Those days stretched on though, and the water-loving Elarian felt herself become wary. Rain wasn't exactly uncommon around there, but it wasn't supposed to be so absent, either.

In the garden next to her little home, Pruu was running her fingers through the dry soil. Anything that had been growing was now barren husks. Being used to nature doing its job, she hadn't watered them herself at all. Was this what it was like in that place she had heard about on the other land where all of the water was sucked away by the sky? Why was it happening here? Frowning, she stood and turned to head toward Elzira. What if it was harming the mother tree? Though she knew Elzira was under near-constant watch, Pruu wanted to see for herself.

Heras Box

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:14 pm
Cornetified

Akel was one step ahead of Pruu since she was already looking at Elzira. Her concern for their mother tree had taken over when the rains had first stopped coming as they usually did. She narrowed her eyes as she looked on at the tree.

There was nothing out of place as far as she could see but if their mother tree was really dying would they be able to see it so soon? Surely their mystic would let them know if Elzira were in trouble though. Akel thought on that as she leaned on her spear, the tip pointing skyward. She supposed she could always bring buckets of water to their mother tree if things got to be too serious.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 pm
The walk to the tree showed Pruu that others were concerned as well. Many were tending to their individual gardens as well as the community one. Others looked at the sky with confusion. And at the great tree, some were praying. Seeing Akeldama already there, Pruu walked over to touch one of the expansive roots gently before stepping up to Akel's side. "Do you suppose that Elzira might be upset with us for meeting with our cousin's sisters?" she asked conversationally.

Heras Box

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Cornetified

As she caught sight of Pruu she gave her a nod of acknowledgement then took her words in and rolled them over. Could it be that their mother tree was angry with them? "I knew it was a bad idea.." Akeldama sighed.

"But I don't think Elzira would cause us so much worry about her well being. I think she might deny a bloom or two but not this.." She shook her head, her short dreads swaying with the action. While she wasn't the mystic she couldn't answer with absolute truth but something told her this was not Elzira's doing. It couldn't be. It put the young mother tree in peril as well if it lasted too long.

"I don't suppose those Dretch things know how to control the weather?" Her eyes moved to the side so that she could glance at Pruu.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm
A bad idea. Probably an understatement. However, Pruu nodded along in understanding. No one could actually know Elzira's motives save for the mystic, and even that was sometimes not the clearest. The mystic would surely have said something if there was anything amiss with their goddess.

The mention of the Dretch made her eyes narrow sharply. "I prefer to think hat they would not have such a power... but they are able to move through the air unseen, and have taken well trained sisters and cousins. I hesitate to brush such an option off of the table. It is certainly an effective way to weaken an opponent." Brow cocking, she gently shook her head. "Well, an effective attempt to weaken an opponent. We are resourceful and strong, after all."

Heras Box

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 am
Cornetified

Akel turned her head to look at the strong elaria next to her. After a moment she nodded her head. "Yes, we are strong and this will not stop us." Though she did return her gaze to their mother tree for a moment.

"I know it is not something that we would wish to be true but it is something that we need to consider. The Dretch were not our problem but they certainly decided to make themselves our problem." So what if they could move through the air undetected? So what if they could in fact control the weather? Akel looks at her spear. "They can be killed, I'm sure." She nodded her head to affirm her statement.

"Do you think we should ask the elders if they wish some of us to bring buckets of water to Elzira?" It might help to ease the mind of others if nothing else.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:12 pm
Brow knitting, Pruu could only nod slowly for a moment. Directed at them or not, the Dretch had indeed made their mark, and it was a mark that would not go without firm reply. No one would take her sisters and go unpunished. Her hands unconsciously went to her hips, fingering the handles of her blades.

The question brought her from those darker thoughts, and Pruu nodded again. "It would be best to be prepared in case this lack of rain lasts much longer," she agreed.

Heras Box

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm
Cornetified

She noticed that Pruu had moved her hands to her hips and Akel smiled. "Easy killer." The Elarian shifted so that she was no longer leaning against her spear but standing closer to Pruu.

"Do you think your sister will help?" Akeldama asked innocently. Ever since she had become involved with Pruu she had started to learn a little more about her. Of course she had known about the sister before, but now she knew just a little more. "I can certainly ask my mother, I know she will be willing to help out."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:34 pm
The assurance caught her by surprise, blinking a moment before smiling. Yes. Now was not the time to get caught up in thoughts of revenge; even if it was satisfying to imagine slicing a Dretch into three pieces. Akel could pin it down with the spear while her blades ripped the monster apart...

"Pyrrha?" A second surprise to her. "I.. believe she would be willing to help. Pyrrha is.. well, she is Pyrrha... but she cares as much for Elzira as any of us." Her lips pressed a moment to suppress a reluctant emotion before sighing and resuming her normal state. "It would be best for our mystic to approach her with the request, though. I am certain many would join us if a call was made."

Heras Box

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 pm
Cornetified

Akel noticed how Pruu reacted and when the other girl pressed her lips together Akeldama reached out to moved a dread away from Pruu's face. "Then we can leave it up to the mystic to ask her." She nodded her head.

Though mention of their mystic had her looking toward Elzira. Would the water need to be purified? Her eyes narrowed a little. She wouldn't think so since Elzira thrived in the poisonous ground that Yael provided. She brought her hand up and looked at her black stained finger tips. Toying with the many toxins had brought the dark coloring to her fingers. After closing her hand into a fist she looked at Pruu. "Do you think it possible that Elzira's roots reach down to an underground water reservoir?" Akel started to wonder how one would determine such a possibility.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm
It was a small gesture, but those were the ones that tended to mean the most to Pruu. Her gaze softened a little when she looked back at Akel. Strong, observant, sweet...

She gazed at the tight fist, head cocking curiously. "I suppose it is possible," she replied. "She has never needed water of us before, and there are many caves inland that hold water. I do not think it would be too far of a stretch to think it might be the case." Pruu stepped forward to touch one of the protruding roots. Elzira's reach was far, and would only continue to grow. "She inspired the matron to plant her here, so something about this place had to have called to her. She does not seem to be suffering, and Nivalis has said nothing, so there must be something securing Elzira's condition."

Heras Box

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:42 pm
Cornetified

She nodded her head. "Of course.. Nivalis would let us know if something were wrong." Although Akel's faith in the mystic had been put into question with her taking the Elaria to the mainland. While she did not agree with that move she did not think that the woman would mess around when it came to Elzira.

"I guess I just feel useless. We all likely feel that way since we cannot make the rain fall." Akeldama brought her gaze back to Pruu and she offered a smile. "I would ask you to train with me but I worry you would push your very limits in this drought."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 am
Brow knitting slightly, Pruu reached to give Akel's arm an encouraging squeeze. Useless... No Elarian should feel like that, but Akel was probably right. Many were just uncertain about what to do during these times.

She looked at Akel with surprise at the implied offer before a sharp smile rose. Training was just the thing to busy herself. "You would be right to ask. Times of challenge and adversity is perfect for training. It is how we grow stronger." Being pushed to the edge was what made Pruu feel alive... "Of course, if you feel that your limit would be reached too soon, I will understand you wishing to refrain from training with me~" she teased lightly, already turning to head for the nearest training ground. If a call for water was made, she would be there instantly. Until then, though...

Heras Box

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:20 pm
Cornetified

The squeeze made her feel better, even if only a little, so she appreciated it.

As Pruu teased her about her limit she smirked and watched her start to walk toward the training area. Out of no where she moved her spear so that the shaft would be trust between her girlfriend's legs and attempt to trip her. "Mm, I love to see you walk away." Her tone was a bit more playful than usual due to the challenge given by Pruu.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:25 pm
A squeak of surprise sounded when her legs stopped going where they were supposed to. Pruu had to windmill her arms slightly to keep her balance, turning to plant her feet and bare her teeth playfully. "Well now, it is a little difficult to walk away when you're tripping me like that. Is there a different view that you actually prefer?" She started walking backward and curled her fingers to encourage Akel after her. The strengthening of a bond was just as important as the strengthening of the arm... and she was quickly learning that training both could be equally fun~

Heras Box

◈ Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces