Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:43 am
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:45 am
Heras Box

The weather had been pretty poor of late, with the rain that normally fell at least a little each day having gone missing completely. Lixes hadn't really thought anything of it at first, he just thought that maybe they were just going to be without the rain for a day or two. That day or two had turned into a couple of weeks so far though, something that had a lot of people worried. What had happened to throw the weather off so much? Was it going to even out? Would the rains be back?

He had to no idea what was happening or if things were going to get better any time soon but he felt that he should really get to work on helping those that needed help. That help was going to be mostly him walking to the river to fill large buckets with water then he would carry it back, giving it over to those that were purifying water through various means so that people could drink it. It was a tough job, one that would end up more and more difficult as he went, but he didn't mind. He wanted to help where he could and this sort of work would only help him grow stronger as well given all the work he was putting in and the weight he was carrying around.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 am
Orpheus Solon

Rajani yawned as she walked toward her friend. When she saw Lixes she smiled and offered up a wave. "Hey Lixie." She had come to check on him and his family to see how they were faring with the strange weather that they were having. Raj wasn't a huge fan of water so she wasn't complaining about the lack of it, but she understood that others liked it or needed it. Being that her dad made sure she had it she wanted to make sure her friend had it.

Stepping closer to her friend she looked him over from head to toe, as she normally did, to make sure he was harm free. "How're and Drexl doing?" Since meeting the giant of a brother she'd come around to liking him as a friend as well, though Lixes would always be her favorite.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:26 pm
Heras Box

Lixes shifted the two large buckets that he was carrying, empty at the moment, so that he could wave to Rajani as she made her appearance, "Hey there, Rajani! How's it going?" He called to her, watching as she came over to stand with him. It was something that made him smile a bit. It seemed that she was doing well, which was always a load off his mind. Especially when things started to go wonky he always worried over his friends.

"He's not too bad, off with his Princess today. If the rain continues its refusal to fall though I might drag him along to gather water from the river with me. I mean he's huge I bet he can carry lots of buckets! Today though I figured I should be nice since he had a chance to spend time with Jerami instead." Giving a humming sound he asked, "Have you met him yet? Jerami I mean." Of course she'd already met with Drexl after all but Jerami? He had no idea.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:50 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Thought I'd come check on you. Can't have the hero dying of thirst or anything." She chuckled.

As he said that his brother was off with his princess she grinned. Rajani now knew just what the princess was. A male. A girly male, but male none-the-less. Her eyes dropped to the buckets that her friend held and a brow arched upward. "Yeah, I bet he could. Lucky prat." There was a shake of her head and she huffed a little. Raj felt jealous that Drexl was able to be so tall and strong. It was just too bad that the only thing she had gotten from her alkidike lineage were the spots on her forehead. She reached up and rubbed at the spots.

When she was asked about Jerami she blinked and dropped her hand down to her side. "Ah.. no." Rajani hadn't met the princess yet. Of course she wasn't exactly in a hurry to meet new people. "Thought I'd get to know Drexl a bit more first." She trusted the giant brother because Lixes did but she wasn't so sure about the princess. "I'm not really rushing to meet strangers ya know." Since she had kept walking until she was right beside him she lifted her hand and gave that playful tug to the longer bit of Lixes' hair that she normally did when she was joking around with him.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:04 pm
Heras Box

"That's nice of you! I've been thinking in a somewhat similar manner and have been helping haul water for those that can't really get it as easily themselves." There were some older people in Andile as well as some families that had lots of children, it was those sorts that he was really wanting to aid since they couldn't very well go fetching water for themselves, "A shame I don't have any sorts of magical powers or I'd try to clean the water too... but I will leave that to the ones that are in charge of the purifying of water." He bet Jerami would be good at that if he was around.

"Oh? Yeah, that makes sense. Get to know one person at a time before you go about burying yourself in new friends or something... Ahh, metaphorically speaking." She wasn't really hands on with a lot of people so he couldn't really see her burying herself with one person let along 'people' plural. Giving a smile as she tugged on one of his longer locks of hair he said, "Well, if you're ever in the mood or need healing I can introduce you. He's really nice and really tiny too! And that's me saying that." He was only a smidgen taller then Jerami but he was a lot broader and muscular while Jerami was light enough that he bet even Rajani could scoop him up and carry him about if she had a mind to do so.

"Alright! Let's head for the river and see about filling these. Did you want to grab a bucket or your own or just gonna tag along and keep me company?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:18 pm
Orpheus Solon

She gave a cringe when he said that he would introduce her when she was in the mood. Rajani was never in the mood to meet people. The only people she really ever wanted to see was her dad, her brother, and Lixes. Still, the fact that Lixes called Jerami tiny made her smirk. "I'll think about it." One shoulder lifted up at the thought.

Knowing that he was helping people didn't surprise her one bit so as he asked if she wanted to grab a bucket she looked around. Rajani grabbed the nearest one and motioned for him to lead the way. "Well, I didn't come all this way just to stand around."  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:19 pm
Heras Box

Lixes gave a smile she Rajani went to get a bucket of her own, waiting for her to grab one, before he walked along with her toward the river. He looked over at his friend and said, "I'm glad to have you along, it's not as much fun to go on such an adventure on my own." He'd do it, of course, but that didn't mean that it wasn't a better chore when someone else was there to aid him in it. It also made it less of a chore and more fun! Especially since it was one of his good friends alongside him.

"We are gonna be at this for a while but I was offered some dinner once I'm done, I'm sure they will extend you the same courtesy... well, if you're able to stick around that long?" He wasn't sure how long she'd be here or if she'd come with her father or something. She might need to go back with him sooner then dinner time. Still he felt he should offer.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Orpheus Solon

She looked at him as he said that they would be at it for a while. "That's alright. My dad knows where I am this time." Rajani had actually told him what she was planning on doing. Of course that didn't mean Chal just let her walk out the door. Nope, this time she came with Tor. Her very own teeth and jaws. A janarim.

The beast was busy panting in the shade but keeping an eye on Rajani. The girl looked back at it and motioned toward it for Lixes to take notice. "He sent me with a babysitter."

Holding her bucket with one hand she looked forward again. "Hmn, well I could stay. Those tree roots provided plenty of cover before so they should work now." She referenced when he had stashed her away due to injury.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:20 am
Heras Box

"Oh? That's good." Good that the man knew or else he was going to start to think that Lixes was a terrible influence instead of being what he was, which was a hero in training! The last thing he wanted was to be seen as something bad, especially when it came to a man like her father who she described in a manner that made him sound quite big and scary. Best to be on the good side of that sort.

Glancing to the side toward where the janarim was located he gave a smile, "Good to see that you have a buddy like that to help keep you safe." He gave a smile, "I know the feeling of having a beast trying to be a babysitter, my fathers got a radaku to help look after my brother and I when we were younger. He still goes with me from time to time on some adventures even though I am armed now." Not that he minded, he rather liked Pyre, and at times the brightly colored beast helped him to carry things.

"Hm? Oh... hm." Yeah, she didn't much care for people, huh? So that meant that she might not want to join a bunch of other people for dinner after they did their water deliveries. He seemed to think about it for a while before he said, "I guess I can get the food for us and we can sit somewhere else that is less crowded to eat? Though I don't know about eating under the roots though... but we can find a place that isn't full of people to eat if you prefer?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:04 pm
Orpheus Solon

She paused for a moment to look at her best friend. Rajani hadn't been meaning all that. Though that he was being that thoughtful made her chuckle at him. "Calm down Lixes. The tree roots are for me to stay the night in." After giving a shake of her head she continued on. "I don't mind sharing dinner, just.. so long as you are the barrier between me and other people." The shifter girl was getting better with people but there was still a long way to go.

"I know you like to do your hero thing and be praised for it. I wouldn't take that away from you." Rajani leaned close to him and tugged at his hair again before moving quickly to be in front of him, making it sort of a race to the water. "Come on Lixie! You can't be a hero if you're slow!"  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Heras Box

Lixes found himself starring at his friend, seemingly debating on whether or not that was better. It was... strange. So she wanted to sleep in the roots, not eat in them? It was better but at the same time it was worrisome, "You do know that there are still dangerous things out there right? I worry that someone or something my mess with you if you're staying in the roots. Maybe we should make sure you get back to your father instead?"

"Hm? Oh... well, praise is nice but I don't really need it. I am happy knowing that others are happy, you know? Knowing I was able to help and took some weight off the shoulders of other people, that is what I really like." He thought on it and then quickly added, "Well, that and getting to defeat dangerous beasts and villains to save damsels." That part he chuckled over.

As she mentioned that heroes couldn't be slow he nodded and hurried forward, buckets in hand, eager to get to work.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am
Orpheus Solon

She looked back at him. "Lixie.. if you want to get me back to my dad I might as well leave now." Rajani wasn't sure if she should feel glad that he worried about her safety or upset that he wanted her so far away from him. He was her best friend.

Going back to the task at hand she focused on getting her bucket filled. "I know and there are plenty of damsels waiting for water." She motioned for him to hurry up. "I'll be fine, Lixie, I have Tor with me." She again motioned toward the Janarim that seemed to watch more than anything.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 pm
Heras Box

Lixes looked confused, head cocked to one side, wondering what she meant. Was he not around today? Did that mean if she wanted to get back to him that he was far away? He thought on it for a time before he finally nodded, "Ahh... well, I'd rather you didn't leave straight away since you just got here."

"Yes! There are plenty of people of all sorts looking for water but I'm sure there are damsels among them." Giving a smile when she said she'd be fine because of 'Tor' he nodded and moved to fall into step with her. If she thought that she'd be fine then he believed her. Best that they got to work since there was a lot of it to do and not as many hands as were likely needed for all the work there was to be done. He was all ready to get to work, to gather water, and see to it that those who were preparing it for distribution had plenty.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 am
Orpheus Solon

Her head gave a nod as he said that he didn't want her to leave. It made her feel better knowing that her best friend didn't want to send her away. Though she had to remind herself that he didn't understand that bit. Chal was likely still at home, unless he'd gotten worried and followed after her.

Rajani let out a chuckle. "Well, everyone will be thankful for the water. Damsel or not."

She grinned at Lixes then went about getting a bucket full of water. Once it was full she waited on him. "So where are we taking these things anyways?" It wasn't like she was from the area and knew where to take the water.  
◈ Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff