[PRP] The Sandmonster Cometh (Rio/Alya) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 am
Rio was a hot mess in desperate need of a bath. He had sand all over, and had for hours. Hours spent on a hot beach, so there had been a lot of sweating, and he had to admit he'd probably smelled better. There were a few tears in his robes, a little spot of blood staining the white (well, they had been white this morning) here and there, and just...so much sand. He shed it as he walked, attracting more than a few odd looks as he ambled his way through the Weyr, with not the least bit of concern about being seen in such a state. To add to the strangeness of it, he was carrying a small box under his arm.

He did have to admit that the sandiness was uncomfortable, gritty and itchy and generally unpleasant, but that was fine. He had something very important to do before he peeled himself out of his robes and got cleaned up. He hadn't expected, when he'd promised to find Alya after the Hatching, that it would take so long, but that last green had made them wait. And wait. And wait some more. But it was finally over, and he had a friend to find!

When he did find her - and her tiny, adorable baby dragon - he didn't waste any time on fanfare, congratulations, or even a simple 'hello.' He simply announced, "Two things! First:"

And shook himself like a canine.

Sand. Everywhere. Vengeance.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm
From the sounds of it, the other unfortunate candidates had been stuck on the sand for several more hours until the last baby had decided to Impress. Alya's life had been a whirlwind of action. First, she had to queasily finish chopping up meat into tiny pieces for her adorable dragon to eat, and then she had to oil him... which, considering how small he was, wasn't too difficult. The tireless white had fallen into a deep slumber, giving Alya some time to wash herself quickly. There was no telling what he'd do if he woke up and she wasn't nearby!

She was sitting in the barracks now, humming quietly to herself as she stroked his tiny, beautiful little head.... and then without warning, Rio waltzed in. Her eyes lit up with delight, only for her to c**k her head with confusion at his introduction.

And then she shrieked like she'd been stabbed.

Underneath the piercing cry, laughter bubbled forth, and Alya tried to shield herself from the man-made sandstorm in vain. The commotion immediately woke Baihath, who scrabbled to his feet to leap and paw at the sand with delight. What are we playing? I like it! He sneezed, his eyes whirling blue-green.

"Rio!" She managed to choke out, nearly in tears with mirth.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 pm
"I had some left over, so I thought I'd share," he explained through a cheeky grin, although it was all he could do to get the words out before he broke into laughter to match Alya's. That shriek was beautiful, and totally worth putting off a bath for.

"Sorry I took so long to find you! We got stuck out there forever. Could be worse, though! There are going to be an awful lot of peeling candidates tomorrow." Fortunately for Rio, he was as tan as he could get from a life spent mostly outdoors and free days lounging on Western's beach. He'd just come away with sand, bruises, and more sand.

Speaking of bruises, though! He beamed down at the little white, plopped down into a sit on the floor (careful not to jostle the box he was holding too much), and extended a hand just as he would have if Baihath were human. "Hello again!"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:48 pm
"You've turned this room into my very own beach!" She giggled, patting at her flushed cheeks. "I'm sorrryyyyy, I heard!" Alya frowned, standing up to throw herself at him (gently, since he was holding something!) for a hug. The white dragon was all but bouncing on his hind legs, immediately dropping to wiggle once Rio sat. The extended hand was ignored, and Baihath leaped so that he could be in the tall man's lap, instead!

"Baimath!" Alya couldn't help but laugh. "You already bruised him today! Be gentle!"

Sorry! But wasn't it fun to watch me roll? The dragon inquired, staring up at Rio with sparkling blue eyes. You're Alyamine's friend, so that means you're my friend, too! He chuffed and chirped, butting his head affectionately into Rio's chest. Yay, friends!

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:23 pm
It was a good thing the hug was brief, and in fact he may have very intentionally opted for the floor in such short order because he was reasonably certainly he didn't smell so hot. He had no qualms about subjecting his friend to sand, but to his own current unpleasant odor...more qualms. Hopefully Baihath wouldn't be offended!

Rio 'oof'ed when the white bounced into his lap, and hurriedly but gently set the box aside so that he could give and receive proper cuddles. He was very, very glad that Baihath seemed to be quite the opposite of Brancath, and accepted him so readily. It would have been heartbreaking of Alya's dragon hadn't liked him. "It's alright, I don't mind," he assured his friend. "Jump on me all you like! At least, until you get big. But until then!"

"I'll admit, the rolling was a little worrisome, actually! But you have fantastic aim," he answered, chuckling. "I'd be delighted to have you as a friend, Baihath."

Also, oh, right. Box! "Oh, and two!" he added indicating the box with a nod of his head, since his hands were full. "That's for you! Not that you need it, now, but still."

He'd meant to give her the egg in its little pot of sand after lessons, but, well, the day had taken some very unexpected turns!

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:22 pm
Oh, Rio. After having to try to cut and handle raw meat, Alya didn't care what you smelled like... At least you weren't slimy and bloody! With a huff, she propped her chin in her hands, watching with adoration as Baihath happily cuddled up to her best friend.

Oh! Then I will not get big for a very long time! He said earnestly, but warm, bubbling laughter echoed in Rio's head when his aim was complimented. The little white wiggled with delight, curling up in the young man's lap with a happy huff. He was still very tired, even if he didn't want to admit it!

"For me?" Alya was naturally pleased to receive anything, gently taking the box with interest to peek inside....

And once more, tears welled up in her eyes, spilling down her cheeks. "For me?" She whispered again, almost overwhelmed. No one had ever given her something so nice before. Oh, she'd received dresses and trinkets and such... but it was all so she could look better for other people. This? This was a gift all for her.

Baihath lifted his head with concern, his eyes beginning to whirl a bit yellow. What what what?

"It's nothing, baby, nothing bad!" She choked on a sob and managed to laugh. "Uncle Rio got you a baby brother or sister!"

Another one?! Baihath began cheeping furiously, butting his head against Rio's hands to try and nuzzle into them. Yay!

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:14 pm
"Of course for you!" he said with a fond laugh, and an 'aww' when the tears started. If it hadn't been for the hatchling in his lap - and other aspects of his current state - he would have jumped up to hug her. Oh, shard it! Still cuddling Baihath with one arm, he reached out the other to beckon her down for a group hug, because clearly this situation called for one.

Rio could not have been happier in that moment. There was an adorable, beautiful, delightful baby dragon in his lap giving him his cuddles, and better still, it was his best friend's dragon. Yes, he was sore and sandy and smelly, but he was so incandescently happy that it didn't matter at all, because everything else was perfect. Okay, so he'd also just made his best friend cry, but it was a good crying, so that made it alright. Mostly. Oh, dear.

"So I'm Uncle Rio, am I?" The young man chuckled. "That almost makes me sound old, but I can live with that."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:56 pm
Alya needed no further encouragement, carefully setting the box where it wouldn't be jostled before flinging herself against Rio's side. She squeezed him tightly, burying her head against his chest even as happiness threatened to flood through her. She'd never expected the day to end like this.... and even though Rio hadn't Impressed, Alya was determined to keep him at her side. He would, one day! Any dragon would be lucky to have him as a partner.

"So old!" She laughed, pulling back slightly to wipe her eyes with a hand. "Listen, Baihath needs a good male figure to teach him everything he needs to know about... dragon things!"

Yes! The little white agreed, having no earthly idea what they were talking about. But I do not know what an uncle is! Was it a game? Was he going to learn something new?! He wiggled even more so, cheeping happily when Alya playfully flattened him with her palm. "If you wiggle any harder, people will think you're a grub instead of a hatchling!"

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:27 pm
"Is that so?" Rio chuckled, hugging Alya to him as he scritched at the wiggly white much as he would have a canine. Baihath had no fur, of course, only soft hide, but was all wiggles and enthusiasm like a half-grown puppy. He was wonderful. "I don't know that I'm an ideal role model for dragon things, but I'll do my best!"

"'Uncle' is what you call the brother of a parent," he explained, "Or a close friend of one. That sort of thing." He didn't have any blood relatives himself, none that he knew at any rate, but everyone in the caravan had been as good as family - still was, however far away.

Tsunake
/next tiny phone tag

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:06 pm
Baihath adored the attention, flopping down onto his side with his head resting in Rio's lap. Ohhh! I did not know dragons and humans could be brothers and sisters! But he liked the thought of it, so done was done! He would have to introduce him to Mama and Papa!

"You're an ideal role model for anyone!" Alya huffed, squeezing Rio and snuggling into him. "Especially since apparently you're the good luck charm. You have to carry the business on! Befriend all sorts of young men and women who will swoon over the tales of your charms!" She put a head to her brow dramatically, but there was no hiding her grin.

"And then, you'll Impress and we'll all be together." Yes, that was a happy ending. She wasn't ever sure she'd find one... but so far, things were looking like they'd turn out that way after all!

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm
The young man was more than happy to dole out however much attention Baihath might want - dragon cuddles, human cuddles, he wasn't particular! And since neither of his two cuddle-friends had voiced any objections to his current state, he was just fine with remaining gritty and smelly indefinitely. Affection would win out over a bath pretty much any time. "Family is all about heart! Whether you're related to someone by blood doesn't matter, only how you feel."

"I am the good luck charm, aren't I? Two Impressions a Hatching is pretty good, if I do say so myself! We'll have to take it easy on the tales - there's only so much of me to go around," he said with a wink. "I can only save so many people from runaway eggs."

"I'll be here anyway, whatever happens," he promised. "I've got what, like, eight turns? So you'll have to put up with me for at least that long!"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:17 pm
Heart?! Well, then Baihath would be very good at family, because he had two of those! His tail twitched with excitement as he mulled that over, sending generally warm, happy thoughts to the pair of humans.

"I think you can handle all sorts of attention!" She insisted with mirth, already putting her hands under her chin at the thought. "But I suppose we can't wear out that luck too fast... and I don't think your ribs would much appreciate another introduction to wee dragon feet." Baihath cheeped happily at the memory. It had been so much fun!

She chewed her lower lip thoughtfully for a moment, then brightened. "Well, I bet you'll Impress come next Hatching! It'd just be silly if you had to wait any longer than that."

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm
"Fair enough," Rio agreed with another chuckle, "I do have some practice handling attentions. Just a little. But it would be good to have some luck left! I don't think my ribs could take being pounced on by any dragon much bigger than Baihath."

He ruffled between the white's headknobs with a grin. Not that he had any hard feelings about that, but thak Faranth it had been the little white and not one of his larger siblings. "All we can do is wait and see! The sooner the better, obviously, but I can wait if I have to. I am not going to High Reaches if they invite us to one of theirs, though - no way I want to get stuck there, away from everyone."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:58 am
"Oh?" She all but purred, her eyes lowering to give her a very feline-like appearance. "Why, Rio. You'll have to tell me more at another time! But, yes..." Alya remembered with a giggle how the tiny white had hopped excitedly up and down upon his poor valiant savior, overcome with delight at his rolling antics.

Baihath shivered all over with a pleased huff, arching up into Rio's palm and trying to wiggle about--until he accidentally all but somersaulted off onto the floor. He seemed more happy than anything, cheeping happily with bright, whirling eyes.

Alya twisted to study his face more thoughtfully, because.... well, she hadn't even thought about that. If Rio went to High Reaches, he very well might find his lifemate there.. but the thought of not being able to see him again-- "I know it's selfish, but I"m glad to hear that." She gave a little affronted sniff. "Besides, I don't think High Reaches would think much of Baihath over there!"

He was a perfectly beautiful creature, tiny and expertly proportioned. Who cared that he was small and white? Certainly not her!

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:51 pm
"Stories that will have to wait awhile, alas," he responded with a laugh, although he was welcome to enjoy the feline look she wore. If he ever did Impress a dragon, the first half of weyrlinghood would involve a serious adjustment. A thought brushed aside when Baihath somersaulted his way out of his lap, evoking another laugh. Shards, could he possibly get any more adorable?

"Not from the sound of it, no, so it's a good thing he picked you! Besides, it gets shaffing cold up there. Who in their right mind would trade living on a beach for freezing to death?" Not Rio, that was for sure! "And you can't beat the company here."

Tsunake

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces