[Jauhar] Music to my ears [Kalli/Faamy] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Kalli had barely heard what her son had been saying since he seemed to be in a hurry. All she really got out of the conversation, if it could have been called that, was 'Music', 'Gorgeous eyes', and something about 'staying with them.' The Oban woman blinked confusedly before Jax had grabbed her and pulled her along to meet whoever it was he had been talking about.

Once she was outside of their home and saw the woman that her son had brought to their camp Kalli gave her a once over before looking around at the others that called the camp home. A few seemed to be a little leery while some just ignored the new addition. Kalli was grateful for that at least. No conflict for her to fix due to her son bringing home strays.

As she brought her gaze back to the woman, she noticed that she was in fact from the wind tribe. Kalliope also discovered that her son was absolutely right about the woman's eyes. They were a darling color of blue. "I apologize but amidst my son's ravings I didn't catch your name." She figured it was best to start there.

Cornetified

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:00 pm
Faamy walked with the usual skip in her step. She was utterly curious to find out about this woman he had heard so much about from the excited prentice. Just to be able to meet another performer was always exciting in itself. The odd looks she would get were rather easily ignored. If she wanted to, she could surely win over those concerned and those irritated!

It took effort to keep her jaw from dropping as the graceful fire woman was led out to her. Pursing her lips instead, Faamy gave Jax a wink before focusing on the stranger. "He is quite an excitable feller," she mused with a giggle. "Name's Faamy. I think he said ye're Kalliope? Jax here was tellin' me ya might be lookin' fer some fresh sounds an' moves fer yer stage. Wanted ta offer my services, if ye'll take me."

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 pm
Cornetified

She gave a nod as the woman got her name right. At least her son had managed to give one of them a name. Kalli smiled and glanced toward Jax before looking back at the wind woman. "Faamy. What a nice name. What do you play?" She was curious about the instrument that would be singing and how she could dance to it. Being that this woman was also from a different territory Kalliope had to wonder what songs and tunes she knew.

"If you could play something I may be able to dance to it." Her hand motioned in front of her to offer Faamy the "stage" so to speak.

Kalli moved a bit more to the side, away from her home and any obstructions that may be in the way of her dancing. Once she was in place she eyed the pretty blonde with curiosity.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:15 pm
Faamy smiled proudly at the compliment. She liked her name, indeed. "My main one's this oud here, but I can also play drums 'n lute 'n recorder. Mostly stick ta singin' with the oud though." After all, the oud was quite special...

Brow rising with surprise at the quick request for a demonstration, Faamy found herself rather delighted. What other way was there to figure out if you'd like someones work? Giving a silent nod, she followed as directed and swung her oud into place. Something to dance to...

She started out with the one she had demonstrated for Jax, fast and upbeat. That grew into an almost harried middle section, her fingers flying over the strings. A sudden drop in tempo made her smile, unable to help checking if Kalliope could follow it to size up the other woman as well. The tender, modest tune ended the little piece, and Faamy watched the dancer expectantly.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 am
Cornetified

Oud. Well there weren't many of those around. Kalli had to admit to never hearing one be played. Usually the musicians she saw had drums, lutes, or flutes. Though one did have a set of pipes.

As the woman seemed delighted to play Kalliope listened. It took her only a few notes before she found the perfect way to move her body. It started in her hips and worked it's way to her hands and feet. The fast pace was a delight to work with and the oban woman had to say she was impressed with it. The drop in tempo came and she adjusted accordingly, unsure if it was part of the song or simply Faamy being unable to play the quicker notes for very long. Since she was unfamiliar with the song it took her another beat or two to move along with it but it was better than nothing.

As the song ended she smiled. "I like the tune. I suppose if I had more practice with it I would be able to dance perfectly to the notes." Kalli nodded her head and eyed the woman a little. Would she pick up on the small invitation?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:46 pm
It was an utter pleasure to see the graceful woman dancing to her music. Faamy barely needed to look at her hands while playing, and was able to watch the dancer instead. "Well, ain't you as talented an' graceful as a kinfa," she praised lightly.

Considering that the slow ending had been improvised, Faamy was delighted to hear the other's approval. Brow rising, Faamy paused a moment before smiling brightly. "Well, I'd be glad ta hang 'round a bit if ya'd like ta practice s'more," she replied happily.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm
Cornetified

The praise to her skill didn't go unnoticed at all. In fact she practically preened at it. Though she was more interested in the fact that Faamy had agreed that she could stay around for a while. "Wonderful!" Kalli moved closer to her and held a hand out for the other woman to take. "Come, we can get you settled so you can rest and meet the others."

Out of the corner of her eye she saw her son grinning from ear to ear and she rolled her eyes. It seemed like she would need to speak with him about leaving poor Faamy be. Even if he was enamored with her. Silly boy.

"I am sure Brin would love to host you. Her tent is large and currently only has her living in it." The poor girl had lost her parents some seasons ago and no one had the heart to move her out of the tent. So Kalliope figured putting someone else in it with her would hopefully bring a smile to the girl's face. "Brin is young, just a little older than my sons, and could use some company. She lost her mother and father recently and I think that music of yours will work wonders to cheer her up." It was new and nothing her parents would have sang for her.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:51 pm
Taking the offered hand without hesitation, Faamy strolled quite happily at the other's side. She passed Jax a little wink in victory before turning her focus back to Kalliope. "Sons? You got more'n one o' them rascals?" she inquired playfully.

Brin's story tore right into her heart though, and the playful mood sobered slightly. "Oh, the poor thing. I hope I can help 'er out. Be happy ta share a tent." Brow rising, she glanced back to see Fermata skulking after them in the shadows. "Eh, I hope she don't mind a perzi hangin' 'round. Hope yeh don't mind either, fer tha' matter. That little boy poutin' there is mine. Shouldn't be a bother ta anyone though. Won't go near no one but me 'less they feed him first."

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 am
Cornetified

More than one? Oh yes. Kalli chuckled and nodded her head before answering. "Yes, I have twin boys who couldn't be more different. You've met Jax already. Djego should be around here somewhere." Her red eyes took to looking around to see if she could spot her other son. When she failed to do so she shook her head and sighed. He was likely out doing whatever it was he did. Just like Jax he really only came home to eat and sleep.

Her attention was then directed to the Perzi that followed and she smiled fondly at the creature. "Oh he's fine. Most of the group doesn't have pets so there shouldn't be any issues. My sons have theirs and I have a Keldari, but she usually stays by me." Thankfully Lissa was curled up in her basket at the moment. Kalli was still not used to the slithering beast. "Oddly enough I fear snakes, but this one is determined to follow me." She mused aloud.

"Brin may feed him. She adores animals."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:41 pm
"Jax 'n' Djego," Faamy murmured, cocking her head slightly. Imagine it! Two little boys running around, watching them grow, teaching them about music... Ah, that was a fantasy for someone other than herself. Faamy was too free to have children yet~

"Keldari? Ah, Jax was tellin' me 'bout it. Can't say I spent much time 'round 'em. Or regular snakes." Looking back over her shoulder, she patted her leg lightly. "Fermy, yeh gonna be good fer Brin if she gives yeh a snack?"

Fermata edged a little closer from the shadows, eyeing Kalliope cautiously.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am
Cornetified

"I don't recommend it. Snakes are... creepy." Kalli gave a visible shudder.

As Faamy called for her beast Kalliope turned her head to look at it. "I think Fermy will do just fine." A smile bloomed on her face and she turned back to look at where she was going. After a while of going straight she finally veered to the left and motioned with one arm for Faamy. "Here we are. Brin dear.. I have a house guest for you." She called in to get the attention of the girl inside.

Looking back at Faamy she smiled. "After you've gotten all settled in and what not we'll have to see about that song." It was a challenge that Kalli wanted to conquer.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm
"Noted," Faamy replied with a little chuckle. She would stick with animals like the perzi, then. She wasn't exactly one to go for creepy things.

She took the walk to observe her surroundings more, trying to remember what was where. After all, she planned to be here for a while. Apparently reaching the end of the line, Faamy gave Kalliope a bright smile. "Again, thanks fer lettin' me stay. I'm jus' as eager ta work with ya, myself." Ever bold, she turned and marched confidently into where she would be staying. She had a housemate to meet, and give a treat to before Fermata followed.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:00 pm
Cornetified

Kalli smiled brightly as the woman said that she was just as eager to work with her. It made her happy knowing that she would be able to learn new songs and hopefully add a new theme to her dances. As Faamy boldly went inside she chuckled and followed along behind to make sure the meeting went well.

Brin had heard someone call out to her. She was in the process of putting her things down when she noticed someone waltz in. However, Kalli was behind them so she didn't freak out. Instead she nodded toward the other woman. "Hello."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 pm
Faamy gave Brin her sweetest big sister smile. "Hi there. Kalliope says I might be able ta bunk 'ere with ya, if ya don't mind. Name's Faamy, an' I'll be spendin' some time with ya'll ta make some music. Gonna need a place ta sleep, an' wanted ta ask before just throwin' myself in here." There were instances to beat around the bush, but this wasn't one of them. The girl had enough uncertainty in her life right now, so Faamy wanted to be as transparent as possible for this first meeting.

From behind, Fermata poked his nose into the room and sniffed cautiously, squinting at the women standing around.

Heras Box

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm
Cornetified

Brin's eyebrows shot up as the woman spoke in a long winded way. After everything was said and done she lowered her gaze to the perzi for a second then brought it back to Faamy. "I don't mind. It's a big tent."

Kalli smiled and nodded her head. Happy to see the girl was open to the idea of having a house guest. Her tent was much like Kalliope's. It was on a raised platform so there was no sleeping directly on the ground. The large material roof and walls gave it an open feel and no one had to duck down to avoid the fabric. Plus it had dividers to separate the living and sleeping spaces.

Brin looked toward a curtained off area for a moment before she motioned toward it. "You are welcome to stay in that room. Don't worry about messing anything up. It's all my stuff but it's replaceable." She mostly only had large pillows and some blankets in there.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff