[PRP] one flu, no flights [ a'ye & sa'do Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:58 pm
What was worse than being sick? Being sick and feeling guilty, and A'ye happened to be in the possession of both of those things. He lay in a nice and clean bed in the (crowded) infirmary, regretting that he'd somehow allowed himself to be brought here. Maybe he wouldn't have caused trouble if he'd rolled into a dark corner? He would have been out of everyone's way, not stopping the sharding Weyrleader from going about his day. Oh Faranth, he should have really be hidden and not easily found.

A sharp retort from a very irritated dragon cut into his mind. You'd be dead. Oyath sounded tired, likely exhausted with worry and stress, though A'ye happily noted he could hear her voice better. You would be dead and I would be gone, and Pern would have lost the only people with any worth. The green gave a mental snort, and A'ye could almost picture her expression and the whirl of red in her eyes. It was oddly comforting.

.....maybe. There was another snort, and A'ye softly chuckled before it turned into a heavy cough. Why was he so useless? A waste of space, really - he should have just stayed in his bed (Oyath made note she'd told him to do it) - but now he was taking space someone else could have been in. Rolling over, mostly to hide his face and maybe this thoughts, the Greenrider misjudged the width of the bed and ended up tumbling right off the side. He hit the ground with a thud and a groan.

Maybe this time if he stayed still no one would see him.

stella cinere
hope this helps!! is this okay???? let me know!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:23 pm
Everything felt, wrong. It wasn’t his bed, it wasn’t his sheets, or the familiar noises behind the walls that he had grown accustomed to over the years. Instead everything was closer, louder than he wanted them to be and even more so causing the splitting headache that had settled in with the heat even more annoying. Blinking he looked around the room, this was definitely not where he typically slept, the conclusion drawing more obvious at the faces he didn’t recognize.

“Where am I?” The question tumbled out before in a hoarse voice before he could even think about the correct answer and not seem foolish in realizing it himself.

Infirmary, apparently you fainted in the halls at some point when you were trying to go back. You’ve been asleep for over a day now which considering how obsessive you are on your daily routine and maintain strict order it must mean you are really ill. The familiar voice still layered in sarcasm had a hint of concern for Sa’do as he groaned in his bed and rolled over glancing at the patient next to him.

”Hell….. A whole day ********….. Why didn’t you try to wake me?” He gave the impression of glaring, which did little considering the bronze dragon wasn’t anywhere to see it, but it made him feel better, somewhat.

I tried you wouldn’t budge, at least this means you have to take some rest, maybe make a friend, two… maybe invite them over when your feeling better at least.

There was only a snort in return as the blue eyes continued to watch the occupant next to him who seemed to be amused by something before rolling in his bed, and then much to the bronzerider’s surprise right off the bed.

Leaning towards the edge he looked down, not sure if what he had seen was entirely correct. “You ok?”

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:47 pm
Mine? Are you okay? Oyath's normally sharp tone held a bit of worry in it. She'd clearly felt A'ye fall over, or at least his mental anguish of it, and the concern was evident. A'yemine, did you get hurt? To his credit A'ye did his best to mentally assure her he was fine, that everything was just him hurting for being sick, but that quickly shut off as someone spoke. A'ye.

A'ye needed to respond to the person who was talking to him, it would be rude otherwise, and he turned his head to respond. Instead of words a cough came out, followed by a few more, and his whole body shook with the effort of not letting his lungs explode from his mouth. One hand was weakly held up as if to ask for a candlemark. When the coughing finally stopped, A'ye gave a very weak nod.

He doubted it was very convincing, seeing as he'd just coughed himself silly. The coughing had made it easier for him to slide under the bed, if he wanted, but that clearly wouldn't look good at this point in time. "Y...yes. Sorry if I bothered you." Thankful that he'd pulled something of the blanket with him in his fall, A'ye attempted to use it to completely cover his face. He faintly recognized the man who'd spoken to him and frankly, he'd hoped he wasn't going to be known in return.

stella cinere
feel free to know a'ye, haha!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:26 am
There was a look of concern each time the man started to cough, and it only seem to grow worse as he remained on the floor causing Sa’do to look around and see if anyone was available to help him. Unfortunately all the other healers seemed busy with other patients that were arriving and needing more immediate attention. He held out a hand to at least maybe help him to his knees to get up, though he wasn't really sure how much help he was in his current state.

“Not a bother at all.” He gave a faint hint of a smile ignoring the snort Rynnsaith so kindly sent him along with some lewd joke. The face looked familiar but it wasn’t one that Sa’do could place off the top of his head, it didn’t help that his entire body still felt like it was sitting in an oven trying to bake itself to death and when he tried to concentrate it only made the feeling worse.

“Is the floor at least cold?”

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm
"It's fine don't mind me please go back to sleeping I'm not even really here." A'ye's hands didn't move from where they'd gripped the blanket, and he even attempted to pull it higher over his head like it would make him vanish between. It was not an option, he was going to be still there, and his hand was directed towards him. There was no escape, A'ye was effectively trapped.

Not...really, but he was imagining he was trapped. "The floor actually feels really nice." He did manage to whisper a bit of truth from beneath his blanket cover, and he peeled it down so he could turn his face to look at the person addressing him. "A little better than the beds, at least." He was burning with fever still, probably not as bad as when he got here, and the coolness of the ground did feel a bit calming against his skin.

stella cinere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 pm
It took a second for the bronze rider to understand what he had meant when he was he wasn’t really there before he had pulled the blanket over his head. There was really no reason to be embarrassed over it, there was only a chance that he would remember what was going on and really if anyone should be embarrassed it was Sa’do and ever little comment Rynsaith was so kind to offer up as advice.

“I am tempted to join you on the floor. I feel like I’m in an oven but the healers keep telling me I have to stay in bed and stay warm in order to feel better. Bit of rubbish I think, just excuse to cook us longer.” He glanced around for any other healers that might be too close to hear what he had just said about them, he knew it wasn’t true but there was a good chance that one would heckle him.

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 pm
There was a soft laugh. "I am probably well done by now." A'ye's words were mumbled, as he'd moved one of his arms over his face. He was still burning up and he really should try and get back onto the bed, but clearly the greenrider made no effort. "Feel free to stick a fork into me to test."

It wasn't like A'ye to make jokes or have a sense of humor, at least not around a complete stranger, and so he inwardly cursed that this illness was going to simply ruin him as a person. This rider next to him was certain to get all sorts of ideas about his character and there would be no salvaging his (very small) reputation.

In his mind, Oyath was clicking with disapproval. A'ye didn't need two levels of judgement, and so he really just wanted to vanish into the floor.

"Just.....just forget what I said, please. I...I won't bother you further."

stella cinere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:59 am
He blinked for a moment before giving a bit of a laugh as he nodded in almost total agreement. “At this point we are both well done and probably on the list to be eaten soon by the staff.” Maybe it was the fever slowly catching up with him but for the moment he was at least more relaxed, usually he tended to clam up and not even bother attempt to talking to others outside the normal greetings and muffles.

“I think it’s too late to forget at this point but for the most part but you aren’t bothering me in the least bit.” He gave grin, something a little more genuine than he had given in a while to anyone but it might be due to losing any sense of reasons.

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:16 pm
A'ye blushed a bit at the weird sort of compliment, hoping that all of this would eventually be labeled as a fever dream. The greenrider honestly couldn't remember the last time he was sick like this and thus couldn't remember his behavior of that time, so maybe he'd get lucky and would forget all of this too. In the back of his mind, Oyath mentioned that even if he forgot, the chances others would forget too was very slim.

His dragon had a point and boy, A'ye just couldn't bring himself to care. He was going to keep denying it all and hoping for the best. The best, of course, was everyone forgot and he got away from all of this without any thought.

"So how long have you been sick? It just hit you out of nowhere too?"

stella cinere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:56 am
Sa’do noticed the blush but the thought didn’t register in his mind like it probably should have, it was not something he was entirely used to doing let alone seeing someone else actually blush from something he said. Instead his brain rolled it into just something related to the fever, maybe it was just more of the heat getting to him. There was a good chance that they wouldn’t remember anything about this after the few passing days, Rynsaith on the other hand wouldn’t so far it had been the best days ever for himself.

“Yea… sort of… they said someone brought me here. I remember it vaguely… or at least something along the lines of someone’s head completely on fire… .Bright red shining hair I think.” It was sort of lost in the haziness of babbling nonsense as his mind gave up trying to sort out all of the images. “Apparently I worked the fever into something worse and well now I’m paying for it. What about you?”

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:07 pm
"More or less the same for me. I have to work hard, because she causes so much trouble, and I like where we are, and ... " A'ye felt himself start to ramble off, and Oyath gave a warning snort. She would not be blamed for the fact A'ye was as he was, since she reminded him that she had been the one to tell hi to take it easy. How dare he think to blame her, even when he really wasn't? There would be revenge. "I....got brought here by the Weyrleader, I think. I sort of wish he'd left me where he found me, or didn't find me at all."

Oyath gave another warning snort. A'ye was starting to sound pathetic and mopey, things she knew he wasn't, and so she wanted him to stop before he made himself upset. Or....more upset than he already was, anyway. A'ye coughed. "What a pair we are, yeah? Working ourselves sick and causing so many problems."

stella cinere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm
“I think I said the same thing… or maybe something along the lines of taking me outside so I could roll around in the snow to cool off. I still think that was a good idea.” Sa’do drifted off into his thought as he thought about it what happened among the blur, that and something about a baby dragon flying around. That wouldn’t be entirely right considering the last hatching they had was some months ago and the dragons would be much larger. “As for working too hard I just want to make an impression to make a name for myself.”

Giving him a grin he nodded and leaned back in the bed it took a moment to give a bit of a chuckled laugh as it covered over with coughing. “Yea a pair of too dedicated workers that if we had our way we would probably be dead at this point.”

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:22 pm
"I'd really like it if they gave out awards for stuff like that." A'ye was laughing at himself, and laughing along with how this stranger bronzerider was joining in without being prompted. It felt nice to have conversations where he wasn't too afraid of what he said, where he could just talk and the repercussions weren't likely to happen. "The award of 'Worked Himself to Near Death because he got Paranoid' goes tooooooooo....." The Greenrider drummed his hands on the ground, as if to make the announcement that much more dramatic. "Wait folks, it's a tie! It looks like we have a tie this Turn!"

This had to be the fever talking, or maybe it was just A'ye finally being relaxed around someone. Those who knew him well would certainly say these jokes were more his speed, most certainly his style, and so when he laughed it was honest and joyful. "Sir Sa'do, congratulations! Do you have an acceptance speech planned, or will you just....wing it?"

stella cinere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am
Sa’do gave another burst of chuckling doing his best not to let coughing take it over less he choked himself to death from having too much amusement. That would have likely been even worse than dying from overworking, laughing himself to death instead of working himself to death with a fever.

“The winners are A’ye and Sa’do.” He leaned forward with a grin as he gave a whispering cheer so not to disturb the rest of the guest in the healing hall.

“Why Sir A’ye I believe that I will just wing it and saying I want to thank all of the good members of the High Reaching Weyr for always having task and work for me to do. I would also like to thank Rynsaith who will never let me live it down from this point on and will always bring up my ramblings when there is work to be done.” He grinned at the greenrider, for once he didn’t need to worry too much about being judged for his silliness. “Now it is your turn Sir A’ye to give a speech for your new award.”

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:13 pm
"Me? A winner? I never expected such an honor!" The laughter in his chest was threatening to make A'ye cough more, which in turn would bring pain, and yet he wanted to carry on with this fun conversation. "I'd like to thank my dragon, Oyath, for being such a type that I have to work extra to make sure she's comfortable where she's at. That's all, no one else. I did it all on my own, no one is going to get thanked!" He tried to sound fierce and powerful, but his voice whined on a few words thanks to his cold and how hard he'd been laughing.

For getting sick and starting out terrified this was turning into a rather fun experience. Certainly he might have been more comfortable on the bed rather than the floor, and thus A'ye attempted to stand up and move back to where he belonged. The effort however was thwarted by his foot catching on the blanket, pulling the greenrider back down, face down, and unfortunately back to square one in comfort.

He wanted to melt into the floor.

stella cinere

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas