Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:52 am
Hybrids Ahoy!

Start Time: High Noon, 8/20 EST
End Time: High Noon, 9/3 EST

Hello everyone! Syr and Lutz are here to bring you this super exciting contest in which we are going to give away a fertile hybrid to one lucky person who has no fertile hybrids at all! We are also giving away a non-fertile hybrid to anyone with 3 or fewer hybrids. Please read below for the rules and such. Thanks guys and good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:53 am
Rules

1. Please follow Gaia ToS/play nice with others/be the kind of person your pet thinks you are/etc etc. This is a rare contest but please remember we're all people on the other side of the screen!
2. For the female, only those with 0 fertile hybrids may enter. For the male, only those with 3 or fewer hybrids may enter.
3. You can edit your entry before the end of the contest, but please made a note of the date you edited it. Lutz likes to read them as they're posted and she doesn't want to miss out on any new details!
4. Even if Syr or Lutz aren't around to announce the end, this will end at the time stated in the first post. Any entries after that date/time will not be counted.
5. These cubs must stay with mom until adolescent, then they are free to do what they please. They will be told about dad in the Pridelands and are more than welcome to seek him out. In fact, we encourage it!
6. We reserve the right to re-home the female if the winner is inactive in SoA for 1 year.
7. More rules to be added if deemed necessary.

Family

User ImageUsiku Wingu (SilverLutz) is a fun-loving and happy cheetah. She lost her only cub to a flood when she was younger and had a time of severe depression in her life, but with the help of her friends and former pride mates she was able to pull herself back up and is now back to her usual self. Wing had a small litter of hybrids a few years ago before having this gaggle of good lookin' guys and gals and she couldn't be happier to have such a large litter. She'll raise them without bias towards other creatures and with a positive if realistic look on life and will encourage them to follow their dreams.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Paka (Syrius Lionwing) is a gentle giant, not unlike his mother he is very open minded and laid back, due to his sweet nature he will be very pleased to know he has kids. Paka has a massive family in the pridelands and they will welcome any cubs that decide to come and visit their dad.

Sister - ??? (Syrius Lionwing)
Brother - ??? (Greenie)
Brother - Ravi (Seaki)

Prizes

Fertile girl
User Image

Non-fertile boy
User Image
Colorist: Ecavi

Forms

To apply for the fertile female, fill out this form.

[align=center][b][size=18][color=darkblue]'Cause You're a Sky Full of Stars[/color][/size][/b][/align]
[b]SoA Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Future Plot Ideas:[/b]
[b]Will she seek out dad in the future?:[/b]
[b]Do you have any fertile hybrids?:[/b] Y/N

To apply for the infertile male, fill out this form.

[align=center][b][size=18][color=grey]I'm Gonna Give You My Heart[/color][/size][/b][/align]
[b]Your Username:[/b]
[b]How many hybrids do you own?:[/b]

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:55 am
Raffle List

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 am
All the hybrids <3  

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:02 am
Such hybrid. Much fertile. Also this is now open!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:37 am
I'm Gonna Give You My Heart

Your Username: ChaosTheories
How many hybrids do you own?: 0  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:46 am

Your Username: belloblossom
How many hybrids do you own?: 2  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:48 pm
'Cause You're a Sky Full of Stars

SoA Name:Chausiku
Name Meaning: "born at night"
Personality: Excitable, Enthusiastic,Sensitive
Future Plot Ideas: I was thinking she could join her mother for awhile as a tag a long, and rp some of their adventures together.
Then as she grows some more while still keeping in touch with her mother, she would start to do small adventures rp based outside of her mother's pride.
The other adventures would be rp encounters where she is making friends with the other pride members, and as well as one of the rps leading to the discovery of her father, which turns into another plotted rp encounter.
Will she seek out dad in the future?: Yes she will seek out her father in a futre rp.
Do you have any fertile hybrids?: N  

VelvetVixie

Feral Wolf

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 pm

SoA Name: Dalia
Name Meaning: Dalia is a common feminine name in Arabic (Arabic: داليا) and Hebrew (Hebrew: דַּלְיָה). The name in Arabic stems from the word for grape vine and in Hebrew from word for [tip of a ] branch, especially that of a grapevine or an olive tree.
Personality: Unexpected, Exciting. On a normal day, Dalia is the type of person who, upon seeing someone she hasn't seen in a while (Or, ever, in the case of long-distance friends), will stop what she's doing, run over and give them a hug while sobbing profusely. She's self-sacrificing to the point of self-destruction, and she beats herself up if she's unable to help a friend or a loved one.
Unfortunately, Dalia, suffering from depression, has days where she just don't want to do anything. Talk to anyone. Eat. Or even take care of herself in any way. She can go days without bathing, holed up and seemingly doing nothing at all. She becomes so isolated that once it's actually time to go out again, she's seen mostly as bitchy.
Once she manages to 'snap out of it', she's back to normal. But so frequent are her depressive episodes that she's taken to just keeping everyone at leg's distance, never wanting to get close to anyone except for who she already has, in fear of...well, who knows really.
Self-esteem is also a huge problem for her, as I go through her plots, she'll run into one of my more 'purist' lions who'll make it their personal goal to make sure Dalia knows she's a filthy halfbreed. This will lead to her not thinking she's worth much, and not putting herself in the spotlight.
Future Plot Ideas:
Hear me Roar!:: With the last bit of her personality with one of my own lions, she'll eventually show him that, hey, she's loud, she's proud, and she's going to fight back!
Sing to the Sky:: Everywhere you go, the sky looks different, yes? Well, they must all be different stars! She'll pick a 'favorite' star, and follow it! Which, will, in turn, lead to her stumbling into dad's lands!
I'll Race Ya!:: Is she fast? ...Not...as fast as cheetahs...But she has decent speed and stamina! I'd love her to race others cuz it's fun!
Friendship is Magic:: True to her name, Dalia will extend an olive branch to those who have wronged her in her cubhood/adolesence. Friendship will be offered, even to her childhood bully.
Will she seek out dad in the future?: YES! She wants to be as close to her family as possible and seek his approval.
Do you have any fertile hybrids?: Nope!

I will probably edit this a lot, I'm exploding with ideas lol  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 am

SoA Name: Meera
Name Meaning: Prosperous (in Sanskrit)
Personality: Fairly quiet and laid-back. Meera is more of a dreamer who enjoys traveling and visiting new places. She also enjoys finding random places to take naps in, and will make it a life goal to find the best napping spots in each place she visits.
Future Plot Ideas: A traveler through and through, she's not really into settling down in a pride, but she'd love to find prides she can visit frequently and make friends in!
*cough* I'm also not above flinging her a ton, since she's fertile. *cough*
Some near misses with prides that are either hostile towards her or would try to make her a slave are also welcome, though I wouldn't want anything terrible to happen to her or for her to end up tied down somewhere.
Will she seek out dad in the future?: Probably. She would not stay in the Pridelands, but she'd love to at least visit when she can.
Do you have any fertile hybrids?: N  

MangoMeow

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Your Username: Anderleit
How many hybrids do you own?: 1  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Your Username: - mynsed -
How many hybrids do you own?: 1  

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:53 pm

SoA Name: Ndoto Wingu
Name Meaning: Dream in Swahili ; Wingu from her mother though if you'd prefer not, it can be nixed.
Personality:
Overly Optimistic || Ndoto is sickeningly optimistic. It rains? Fantastic! Lightning strikes? A show! Her den burns down? Well, it must have been time to get a new one anyways. She'll find an excuse to see things positive in anything she can.
Mama's Girl || Her mother is always right. She'll cling to words of wisdom and quote them verbatim whenever she sees the time necessary. She would love to stay with her mother all the time... but wants to make her mother proud and go out in the world to do some good!
Meddlesome ||All Ndoto wants to do in the world is make the place better, one life at a time. It's her dream! To see smiling faces, joyful eyes. To hear laughing. For tears to be less common. She knows a perfect, happy world can't be accomplished but by golly, is she going to try! And no matter the grumpy lion, she is going to try her best! Or any other species...
Interesting... vocabulary || Ndoto can be quite odd in some of her way of speaking. When surprised, she would usually shout "Oh rabbit's foot!" or "Good golly, by my stars!". Some are more creative, some simply come to her from her surroundings.
An Utter Mess || Despite her best intentions and her dream to help out, Ndoto's resourcefulness more times than not leads to... a bigger mess. Babysitting cubs and ending up with all of them in the tree while she's trying to coax them down and trying to reach them. Offer to deliver an important artifact and somehow tripping and losing it in the river. Attempting to mend a relationship and accidentally delivering words in the wrong way that gets taken in the worse way. She does try to fix the mess she makes and usually ends up spending more time on it.
Relentless || Despite her flaws, she's never one to give up. She will try to her last breath to fix the wrongs, especially her own wrongs.
Hybrid || Unless someone actually makes a big deal of her being a hybrid, she really wouldn't see it being something 'unique'. She's not half a lion and half a cheetah. She's a lion. She's a cheetah. She's fantastic.
Male felines || Oh boy, she's not the smoothest lady around a male. She attempts to still help out but goodness gracious, was the a sidelook of him watching her? She'd be even more of a clumsy mess because she is quite taken with the opposite sex. Even as a cub, she'll have childish crushes and follow males THAT SHE KNOWS around, absolutely infatuated.
Future Plot Ideas:
WHAT ISN'T THERE TO PLOT?
-Arriving to the Pridelands to meet her father and some sort of commotion happening on the first day she's there.
-Befriending a bird who can send news back to her mother!
-All sorts of calamities and nonsense of her trying to help multiple people on the way to the Pridelands, while in the Pridelands, and elsewhere.
-Childhood adventures of her just trying to help out.
Will she seek out dad in the future?: Yes, and she will probably live in the pridelands for a long while! until she's kicked out for her troublesome ways lololol
Do you have any fertile hybrids?: Nope!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 am

Your Username: Koiasi
How many hybrids do you own?: 0  

Koiasi

Shy Cat

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:10 am
All right guys, closing this down. Syr and I will get a winner to you ASAP!  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff