Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:43 am
User Image

Goal: Exchange Information
**A new and limited rank is emerging with this event. These lions will be the first to receive the rank of Diplomat.**

1. RP Raffle - 1:1 RP for Raffle Ticket
  2. Nchi Mahadhi Quiz
  3. Artisan Display
  4. Musical Talent
  5. Pride Newbie

General rule .. you may only win one of the lions from the below events. Of course you may enter for all of them if you'd like to increase your chances. The more the merrier! Please don't be pushy or mean to anyone, these are for fun and to open a new bond between prides.

Opens: NOW.
Closes: August 13th @ 12 Noon EST

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:43 am
User Image

User Image

This is quite simple. RP in the Nchi`mahadhi lands and earn a point. One RP equates to one ticket. These RPs should be completed by SoAs usual standards. Each person involved in the RP is responsible for posting their own form or they will not be added to the list.

[If you need a buddy to RP with just let me know and I'd be happy to RP with you!]

Prompts - (Just something to help get you started.)

1. Flood - The pride is overcoming a tragic flood that wreaked some havoc on the lands and members alike. The members themselves are still having to pull themselves out of the mess and into a better place. Possible discussions could include: Shauku is back. / Flood damages, personal woes. / Injuries? / Did your lion go missing and return? / Helping neighbors within the pride.
  2. Ambassador - Rumor has it an ambassador from a neighboring pride made herself known. She came during the welcoming back of Shauku, the Malenga, and during that time they agreed that their prides would have some interesting things to share. Possible discussions could include: Who is this ambassador? / Bad feelings? / Good feelings? / Exchange ideas?
  3. Travel - Yet another rumor has been going around that Shauku plans to take a group of lions (see below events) to the Bahari`mtoto to help with the beginnings of an alliance. Possible discussions could include: Why is this happening? / Bad feelings? / Good feelings? / Ideas?

Name:
Name meaning:

Link to Complete RP:
Character in RP:

[size=11][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Name meaning:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] Diplomat

[b]Link to Complete RP:[/b]
[b]Character in RP:[/b][/size]

Entrant List

1. - Mynsed -

User Image

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:44 am
User Image
User Image

This SoA is known for being a buff on the prides history. It's no wonder he's being brought along for the first expedition to the Bahari`mtoto! This neighboring pride has come up on the Nchi's radar during the return of their current Malenga, Shauku.
** Please PM the responses to this specific contest to Ctrl F Greenie **

Name:
Name Meaning:
Personality/History: Keep this brief, but give an idea of what they are about.

How many Eras have there been in the Nchi including the current?
Provide a brief explanation of each Era, this does not include the current Era as it is still being written. (Please keep this short. There were important, pride altering moments of history in each Era that resulted in different beliefs/ideas.)

Since dancing and chanting are such an important part of the Nchi`Mahadhi can you please list the current dances?

Can you suggest another idea for a dance related to the current events of embarking on meeting with a potential alliance? We should be giving Bahari`mtoto a taste of what the Nchi are about.

Do they have concerns about traveling to another pride? Explain.
What does this character believe can be learned from the Bahari`mtoto?

[b]Name Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality/History:[/b] [i]Keep this brief, but give an idea of what they are about.[/i]

[b]How many Eras have there been in the Nchi including the current?[/b]
[i]Provide a brief explanation of each Era, this does not include the current Era as it is still being written. (Please keep this short. There were important, pride altering moments of history in each Era that resulted in different beliefs/ideas.)[/i]

[b]Since dancing and chanting are such an important part of the Nchi`Mahadhi can you please list the current dances?[/b]

[b]Can you suggest another idea for a dance related to the current events of embarking on meeting with a potential alliance?[/b] [i]We should be giving Bahari`mtoto a taste of what the Nchi are about.[/i]

[b]Do they have concerns about traveling to another pride?[/b] [i]Explain.[/i]
[b]What does this character believe can be learned from the Bahari`mtoto?[/b][/size]

Entrant List

1. Epine de Rose

User Image

User Image

User Image

What better way to arrive at a place than to have gifts of some kind? The chances are very high that the prides can trade between one another and this would be an opportune moment to show them what the Nchi`mahadhi have to offer. Show your talents! (Pictures are always a plus, love seeing some arts.)

Name:
Name Meaning:
Personality: Keep this brief, but give an idea of what they are about.

What might you offer the Bahari`mtoto as an artisan? You make things for a living, what would you bring to the Bahari`mtoto. Especially when it comes to opening up a trade route.

Do you have a specialty? Is there a particular article you favor? Whether it's drums, leather articles, decorative pieces, etc.

[b]Personality:[/b] [i]Keep this brief, but give an idea of what they are about.[/i]

[b]What might you offer the Bahari`mtoto as an artisan?[/b] [i]You make things for a living, what would you bring to the Bahari`mtoto. Especially when it comes to opening up a trade route.[/i]

[b]Do you have a specialty?[/b] [i]Is there a particular article you favor? Whether it's drums, leather articles, decorative pieces, etc.[/i][/size]

Entrant List

1. Pollack
  2. - Mynsed -

User Image

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

User Image

User Image

This lioness is a particular creative individual in the themes related to the prides instruments, chants, and dances. These are very important traditions to them and she has been chosen to represent these traditions in her traveling party. Give me an idea of her thoughts and something that she might throw together for such an event!

Name:
Name Meaning:
Personality/History: Keep this brief, but give an idea of what they are about.

Rumor has it that the pride you'll be visiting doesn't have instruments. This would be a shock. The musical instruments and chants of the pride are precious to their traditions.

What does she think of this rumor? (Sure it might be a surprise, but what does she take from it.)

Has she prepared anything to present to the Bahari`mtoto? This can be as specific or vague as you'd like. The more detail the better as it will likely actually be used at a later date.

[b]Personality/History:[/b] [i]Keep this brief, but give an idea of what they are about.[/i]

[b]Rumor has it that the pride you'll be visiting doesn't have instruments. This would be a shock. The musical instruments and chants of the pride are precious to their traditions.[/b]

[b]What does she think of this rumor?[/b] [i](Sure it might be a surprise, but what does she take from it.)[/i]

[b]Has she prepared anything to present to the Bahari`mtoto?[/b] [i]This can be as specific or vague as you'd like. The more detail the better as it will likely actually be used at a later date.[/i][/size]

Entrant List

1. Pollack

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:45 am
User Image

User Image

Are you new to the pride? (No members.) Or new to Shadows of Africa? (gains you an extra ticket!) Then post the below in the thread for a chance to win this fine fellow and join the new (and limited rank) of Diplomat!

Name:
Name Meaning:
How many SoA do you own?: (Less than 5, not including familiars, grants you a bonus ticket!)

[b]How many SoA do you own?:[/b] (Less than 5, not including familiars, grants you a bonus ticket!)[/size]

Raffle List

1. Chi Sohma
  2. PandorasRealm (VelvetVixie)
  3. PandorasRealm (VelvetVixie)
  4. Erna Ironhand
  5. Erna Ironhand
  6. Puhterodactyl
  7. Puhterodactyl ... Just kidding. xP

User Image

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:46 am
Extra - More information will be provided to the winners when the time comes. This is a simple alliance building between two prides. <3

Have fun!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:26 am
*Fires off entry, will review all the others later.* o_o  

Epine de Rose

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 pm
Name: Mali "Paragon" Gita
Name Meaning: Name of a west african instrument
How many SoA do you own?: I have no members in the nchi, but I have over 50+ soas >_____________>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:09 pm
Name: Ngoma
Name Meaning: "Dance" in Swahili
How many SoA do you own?: 14 but none in this pride.

- Mynsed -

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:30 pm
Name: Urania
Name Meaning: One of the Greek muses. Goddess of Astronomy
Personality: Urania's life has been shaped by the fact that she was born with severe Photophobia. (A sensitivity to light) Since she could not go out an experience growing up and playing with other children, nor
having much of a 'normal' life she grew inward instead of outward. Though she is an introvert by nature she has learned to accept herself and because of it isn't stricken with the confidence issues like many who share her personality type are.

Urania has a almost unnerving since of calm about her. She isn't one to openly express her opinions or open up to people readily. She isn't to say unfriendly, however she can come off as not being 100% genuine at times.

She does have an extreme passion for learning and teaching. With all the free time she found at her disposal it lead to her having plenty of opportunity to experiment, study, and analyze the art of science and how the world works. If people are willing to listen, then she will always be willing to share her findings!

What might you offer the Bahari`mtoto as an artisan? Given that the Bahari has it's own set of alchemists and teachers she would probably choose something that represent something that comes a bit closer to her heart.

She would spend weeks crafting intricate maps of the visible star systems and mapping out known (or recently created) constellations! She reuses any abnormally smooth and normally useless pelts from the pride's kills to create these maps. She hand-crafts specialized paints from the dark soil, and very hard to harvest bio-luminescence moss from cave systems to come as close as possible to bringing the real deal inside dens and learning centers.

Do you have a specialty? Leather pieces and educational toys. Who says learning can't be fun and look pretty too!?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:49 am
Lists are updated so far. <3  

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PandorasRealm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:46 am
Name:AÑULI
Name Meaning: Means "joy" in Igbo.
How many SoA do you own?:0

I am on my mule my main account is Velvet vixie which is on a 14 day temp ban.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:48 pm
Name: Enam
Name Meaning: Ghanian name meaning 'gift from God'
How many SoA do you own?: 1

Erna Ironhand

Lonely Creature

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:29 pm
Updated. <3  
[OOC] Player-run Events