Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
[I'V] Some new faces {Closed} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IsobaVelius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Some new faces are showing up around the Isoba'Velius and they're looking to make a home for themselves. Read up on the pride here.

Start: OPEN
Ends: 7/23 7/28 @ noon pst

Rules:
  1. As always, play nice. Don't discourage anyone from entering.
  2. You may enter as many as you are qualified to enter, but may only win 1 pet.
  3. To enter for the pre-made item, you must have your member list post made and up-to-date!
  4. This closes at the specified time whether or not I am here to close it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Gyatso, owned by magnadearel, found himself a friendly cheetah female and wound up with two bundles of joy. Except he doesn't really know what to do with them.

You are entering for the cubs only. They are expected to remain with the pride.

Girl 1: Open for pride newbies. 0 members in the pride.

[align=center][color=#67cacf][size=20]Look at me now![/size][/color][/align]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Your sister has toes that matches your dad, but you don't. How do you feel about this?[/b]
Do you have 0 members in the pride? Y/N

Girl 2: Open for newbies (0-3 soa). Familiars do not count.

[align=center][color=#4b6bab][size=20]Steady as the Ocean[/size][/color][/align]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]What does this girl want to do with her life?[/b]
[b]Are you a newbie?[/b] Y/N

IsobaVelius

IsobaVelius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 pm

A couple new faces have wandered in from the rogue lands. Let's make them feel welcomed!

Tell me 10 interesting facts about this cheetah male. Anyone may enter for him.
Colorist: Meepfur

[align=center][color=grey][size=20]This is who I am![/size][/color][/align]

[b]Facts:[/b]

What is the lioness' history? Anyone may enter for her.
Note: I'd like something more than a couple of lines, but you're free to do that too.
Colorist: Quaji

[align=center][color=brown][size=20]Where I come from....[/size][/color][/align]

[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

For Pride Members Only

A stock item edit is up for grabs to a member of the pride. You must already own a member of the pride. Your member post must be made and up to date.

To enter, tell me what item you want, and why that item fits your member.

[align=center][color=purple][size=20]Spiff me up![/size][/color][/align]

[img][/img]
[b]Item:[/b]
[b]Why this item?[/b]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 pm
Entries

Cheetah Cub 1 (Look at me now!)
  1. - Mynsed -
  2. ABVirus

Cheetah Cub 2 (Steady as the Ocean)
  1. Lady Angel Heart
  2. Shadow_Soran

Cheetah Male (This is who I am!)
  1. - Mynsed -
  2. ABVirus
  3. Lady Angel Heart

Lioness (Where I come from....)
  1. - Mynsed -
  2. belloblossom
  3. Anderleit

Pre-Made Item (Spiff me up!)
  1. belloblossom

IsobaVelius

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:22 am
This is who I am!

Name: Tiho
Meaning: "silent" in Bosnian
Facts:
01.) Grew up in snowy lands
02.) Sensitive to the heat
03.) Sleeps during the hottest part of the day
04.) Hunts at night
05.) Parents were murdered when he was young
06.) Was taken in by a snow hermit.
07.) Seeking vengeance for his parents' death
08.) Serious individual
09.) Due to the hermit life upbringing, very socially awkward and doesn't realize what is acceptable/what is not acceptable.
10.) Sarcasm and puns go right over his head. Takes things literal.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 am
Look at me now!

Name: Riu
Meaning: "River" in Catalan
Personality: She wants to be the best ninja there is! But... she is awfully clumsy. Riu can't help it. She was born to be loud no matter how hard she tries! With a loud inside voice and legs too long to not get tangled up, one could easily hear Riu grunting and muttering as she crashed through the bushels. However, despite her loudness, Riu is determined to keep training. If she can't be silent, might as well do a more head on approach!
Your sister has toes that matches your dad, but you don't. How do you feel about this? Riu would stick out her tongue and point out she looked more like their dad, otherwise. Before blaming her dad for her loudness rather... loudly. Because of course the reason why she can't be silent is because of the lack of 'special toes'
Do you have 0 members in the pride? Yes  

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:11 am
Where I come from....

Name:Kioku
Meaning: “Remembrance” in Japanese
History: Kioku wasn’t the name she was born to. But it is the name she remembers. She had a companion that found her wandering, lost and confused. By the companion, she was named Kioku and, before arriving to Isoba’Velius years later, she was trained to defend herself and how to attack. She was trained to stalk and to observe. Before long, Kioku was sent in the direction of Isoba’Velius, in hopes to find safety within.

The past she doesn’t know: Her original name is Adorea which means “Courage” in Basque. She was from a minor but dangerous pride that held no lands nor carried any names. A mutiny occurred and, before Adorea could settle her own thoughts and emotions, her father had hauled her away, along with an unrelated adolescent. The revolt caught up to them and took both her father and her memory away. The older male gave her the new name for her own safety.

**Trying to be vague because I’d really like to find someone who could play the plot of the other cub.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:21 pm
Look at me now!

Name: Aozora
Meaning: "blue sky", Japanese
Personality: Aozora, or more commonly, Ao, is a spirited cheetah. She takes pride in being mysterious and is known for being especially sneaky. Between sneaking up and surprising her pride mates she loves to keep secrets and delights in knowing things that others do not. Because of this, she will realize at a young age that rather than become a hunter like her father, she wants to become a Gacheru. That way, she could go out and find out information from a broader spectrum and boast about her knowledge when she got home! How perfect!
Your sister has toes that matches your dad, but you don't. How do you feel about this? Aozora is actually quite proud that she doesn't have such unique toes. After all, being blue all over without any remarkable markings means that others that seek her won't be able to recall what she looks like as well. While others could point out her sister for having "toes that look like water", which is quite a rare marking, they would then look at Ao and say simply that she was a "blue cheetah" which isn't much to go off of at all! So, taking from that, she's much happier that she's simply blue, else it would interfere with her work. You can be more elusive when you're less memorable, after all.
Do you have 0 members in the pride? Y  

ABVirus

ABVirus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:38 pm
This is who I am!

Name: Kiri
Meaning: "fog", Japanese
Facts: 1. He was born as Mwezi Mzuri, or Soft Moon. He changed his name when he left his family group.
2. He's very feminine and was ostracized for this when he grew into adulthood. Apparently, his parents and siblings thought it was something he grew out of, when it clearly wasn't.
3. He appreciates the finer things in life, like a freshly caught piece of prey and the warm colors of a sunset.
4. While seemingly delicate, he will run through a mud-puddle if it meant catching his sought prey.
5. He forms attachments easily and is very emotional when someone he is attached to doesn't return his affection (whether it be platonic friends or something more intimate.)
6. He believes in true love and soul mates. He is determined to find his and will be crushed if someone he believes to be his soul mate (via fling) ends up not being the one he seeks.
7. Because he hunts so regularly, he is not likely to take a prey-beast familiar, because of... awkwardness. (Like if he took on a hare familiar and then killed a hare for the pride later... Yeesh. Yeah, no, that won't happen.)
8. He loves spending time with little ones.
9. He adores pastel colors, especially on other felines.
10. He is not afraid to spend hours of the day grooming all the tangles out of his fur--or anyone else's for that matter--if he sees an unruly snarl within it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:01 am
Where I come from....

Name: Elafi
Meaning: "deer", Greek
Rank: Lowt (if this doesn't work, Itzal is fine and read the end as though they had made her a hunter.)
History: Elafi never led a very interesting life, unlike some. Perhaps it was because she was born into the life of a rogue. She traveled with her mother, until her mother decided that she didn't want to trouble herself by looking after Elafi anymore and disappeared one evening. When Elafi awoke without her mother in sight, she thought she would be fine, that she could simply carry on by herself. After all, she was an adult! She could handle being alone.

Turns out, she couldn't. With her mother at her side, Elafi had never wanted for company. However, now that she was by herself, she was always wanting for it and so started to search away from the rogue lands in hopes of finding a family for her own.

What she found was a lion. An awkward lion who had a fondness for sniffing disdainfully as she carried on with her request for company. She was so eager to be with others, she told him, and he would do just fine and she wouldn't be any trouble and she could hunt just as well as the next lion and she would be the best companion. While she was spilling her heart out to the blue lion, he let out a resigned sigh and told her to follow him, something she did happily.

It was then that she discovered the Isoba'Velius. The lion revealed himself to be called Povu and he was a healer for the pride. She was introduced to the leader and the council and after some discussion, they decided she would best serve the pride as a Lowt, which she soon learned meant that she would be watching over cubs while their mothers tended to their own work. Well! Elafi certainly didn't have a problem with that and she gladly accepted the rank bestowed upon her. She's been apart of the pride ever since.  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:19 am
Spiff me up!

User Image
Item: The fur-collared cape.
Why this item? Povu hates getting dirty and anything that could provide a barrier between his pelt and the dirt would be something he saw as a metaphorical godsend (unless there's a god of capes, in which case, a literal one)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:57 pm
This is who I am!

Name: Badru
Meaning: Egyptian name meaning "born during the full moon."
Facts:

1. He was born during a full moon in the tundra, hence his given name.

2. Though he was raised in the cold he actually prefers the warmer days

3. He feels more powerful at night when the moonlight is shining

4. Badru has a strong sense of direction. He is always aware of his location and could find his way home even in pitch black.
He has learned how to track using stars to guide him at night and to use the sun's cycle to tell the time of day.

5. His personality is very Lone Wolf, though he is known to tolerate some people should he find them interesting.

6. When it comes to hunting he never goes for the easy meals, he likes a challenge that forces him to be faster and more cunning

7. Unusual for a predator, he has a soft spot for hares. It frustrates him to no end but he often finds himself in the company of rabbits
and cannot bring himself to simply make a snack of these clingy fluff balls.

8. He often travels into the grasslands to experience the sights and search for a suitable mate who can keep up with him.

9. He has a fondness for plant life. Since he grew up in a land barren of bright colors, he likes to sit and take in the vibrancy and life that other territories have.

10. He likes the unique smells of flowers and when noone is watching he likes to roll around in them, trying to rub off their scent onto his fur.  

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:17 pm
Steady as the Ocean

Name:Bahari
Meaning: Swahili for Ocean
Personality: Strong and independent but very patient. She has a calm head on her shoulders and always wants to be aware of everything happening around her.

What does this girl want to do with her life?
Though just a cub she is already presenting traits of strong leader. She looks up to her father and feels to make him proud she should follow in his footsteps.
Especially since they have the same feet. Although, her future isn't set in stone. She might change her mind as she grows and discovers who she really is inside, finding her true calling within the pride.

Are you a newbie? Yes, completely new to SoA
was re-homed/gifted a male lion by someone but waiting on the new cert for it
so I guess i have 1 unofficially?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm
Steady as the Ocean

Name: Kajri
Meaning: "Light as a Cloud" - Hindu
Personality: Kajri is a quick-witted and playful cheetah who, even as a cub, is very charismatic. She knows she can talk herself out of any situation... or, at least she likes to think she can. She enjoys being around others and especially being privy to any gossip around the pride. She's far too nosy for her own good and tends to use her charm to try and poke her nose where it doesn't belong.
What does this girl want to do with her life? She would strive to become a gacheru. She'd love the thrill of an official position to talk to others and gather information
Are you a newbie? Yes, I'm completely new to SoA  

Shadow_Soran

Sparkly Strawberry

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:07 am
Where I come from....

Name: Kikimora
Meaning: A house spirit, usually female, from Slavic mythology
History: Kikimora was born and raised in a mountain pride, heavily secluded from the rest of the world. The group of lions she called her own were not all that many, but they were very close-knit; even though their varied ancestors had come together through circumstance alone, these lions united as if one family in their isolation. Their lives were peaceful in their mountain vale, if a touch stagnant. The grass grew green and a clear spring, nourished from somewhere deep in the stone, provided for their valley and the prey that passed through. In turn, the passing herds provided for the pride - as long as they were careful with their hunting.

If asked, Mora would say that they were too careful. Game was plentiful enough, but around the time she was ready to settle down with cubs of her own and the handsome mate that bore them, it became clear that the valley was looking less green that they were used to. The prey they brought down was skinnier. The hunting was easy, and some took that as a blessing. Others, Mora included, could see the writing on the wall: there was nothing good about easy prey.

Entrusting her cubs to her mate, Kikimora volunteered to venture beyond the pride's mountain. She and a trusted few fellow lionesses would seek an answer to what was happening to the valley, and return with any useful information they could glean. If there was no hope, the lionesses were to bring back possible locations for the pride to move on. No one thought the situation hopeless, however - the valley had sustained them forever. This, like all small misfortunes, was sure to pass. All they needed to do was help it along. Full of purpose, Mora and her companions departed the only home they had ever known.

She doesn't like to talk about what happened in the rogue lands. Suffice it to say that the lionesses went their separate ways, when they should have cared more about watching each others' backs than covering more ground. Let hindsight show that Mora was young yet, full of foolish decisions and unseemly desires. To this day, regret and bitter anger crosses the lioness' face when she is forced to admit to herself that she lost track of her friends and fellow adventurers in the tumult, and even now has no idea whether they are alive or dead. Given what they went through, she assumes the latter. That saddens her all the more.

By the time she made it back to her pride, even knowing in her heart that she was years later than she ought to be did not prepare her to find them all gone. The valley she had loved was nothing more than grass burned brown, bleaching bones, and a muddy crater where a lake had once rippled gently in the sun. Pawprints spread in all directions, but most culminated on the path she and her companions trod such a long time ago: out of the valley, and down the mountain. Branched out into the world. Her pride was gone.

Mora followed them, at a loss for any other option. She was at a loss for a lot of things, and returned to the rogue lands a little bit more numb than she'd left, a bit more jaded and bitter. When she came across the Isoba'velius, a little part of her rejoiced at the chance to be isolated again. She can remain in the mists, safe within the trees, and forget about what happened to her - or so she thinks. Perhaps, instead, she will find it an apt place to begin again.  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff