Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:01 pm
Jarah was bored. Ridiculously bored. He wanted something to do but alas. Today was a rest day for the candidates, and currently the tall man was stretched out in the grass outside the Weyr watching his green firelizard fly around in circles. Occasionally she would dive for the treats he'd left out on his bag for her, rolling in the grass as she landed.

He laughed at her antics. Sour was only this playful when it was just the two of them and though he loved being the center of everyone's attention, Jarah also enjoyed taking time to just be with his flit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:26 pm
There was a sudden amount of noise. A young man was scrambling to catch up to a small green firelizard, who seemed to be carrying something tightly clutched in her claws. "Liasa!" Marinel called after her, reaching with a hand. The firelizard ignored him and flew higher. "Liasa!" He tried again. The chase continued.

Right until Marinel nearly fell over Jarah. He caught himself and swore, taking several steps back. "Oh shards, I'm so sorry!" He began, wringing his hands. "You're alright?" He hadn't gotten closer than he'd thought, had he? Had he hurt the other boy?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm
Jarah had almost dozed off when Sour shrieked her displeasure and dove under his arm, her little green head peeking out between his arm and stomach. Looking up to find the source of the noise, he smiled when he realized it was a fellow candidate. Ahh what was his name... Shells, he was so bad at names sometimes. He seemed to be having a problem with his flit so Jarah wasn't planning on interrupting as he knew the trials and tribulations of being bonded to a firelizard.

At least not until he'd almost tripped over Jarah. He sat up and smiled, a charming half grin that had gotten him through life thus far. "No, no, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. Are you alright?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 pm
Marinel's green went between over head and the boy gave a sigh. He knew exactly where she was. It was lucky today was a rest day, or his brother would've had his head.

"I'm okay," he assured the other boy. "It's just my firelizard, she stole the drawing I was doing for Dolly, and now she's gone to give it to him." It had been meant to be a surprise! "Stupid flit," he added, but he didn't seem particularly angry. "Can I sit with you?" He asked.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:01 pm
Jarah looked up as the boy's green went between and he hoped she was alright, too. Sour squawked indignantly, seemingly offended by the other boy's words. Jarah snorted and rubbed his flit's eye ridges to calm her down.

"Yes please," he said immediately to the boy's question. "I'd like that." He grinned up at him, brain searching for the boy's name. Sour hissed at the idea and Jarah frowned at her. "Behave. He's far too cute for you to run off so soon~" Jarah said with a sly smirk and a wink in Marinel's direction.

With an annoyed huff at her bonded, Sour snapped her jaws at him before taking off and going between. Probably to his room to sulk.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:21 pm
Well! Marinel hadn't expected such an eager response. He sat on the grass beside Jarah. Wait. Cute?! He hesitated. Looking over--oh, he was joking. He was joking, wasn't he?

"I'm sorry I scared your firelizard away," he apologized. "And I'm sorry for interrupting you earlier." Rest days were always kind of slow, he supposed. At least, they were when you didn't have very many friends. "I'm Marinel," he added. "You're a candidate, but I can't place your name. Sorry."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:28 pm
"Nah, she'll be fine. I'm sure she's attacking my pillows and having herself a good sulk. I'll bring her treats and oil her hide later and all will be forgiven," he said with a laugh. He waved off his apology of interrupting him. "Please! I was bored out of my mind. It's much nicer to share a rest day with someone else."

Especially someone as cute as this guy was. "Ah yes. Marinel. Don't feel bad, I'm terrible with names. I'm Jarah," he said and smiled.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm
"Oh, yeah. I should probably stop by the kitchens and get something for Liasa too. And something for Dolly..." Dolmar might like a bubblypie on a rest day, right? He'd always enjoyed them before. He paused and smiled. "Really?" He asked. "It did look like you were ready to take a nap.

"You can call me Mari, if you like," he offered. "Nice to meet you, Jarah,"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:16 am
Jarah arched a brow and smiled at the boy next to him. "Nice to meet you too, Mari," he said. Shells, this boy was adorable. But who was this Dolly boy he kept mentioning? Did he already have a boyfriend? He let out a soft sigh at the thought. Jarah was usually attracted to men more physically fit than himself, but there was something about this boy... He was just so adorable.

"So...Is Dolly your boyfriend?" he asked bluntly. He never had been able to stifle his own curiousity and it had gotten him into some trouble in the past. But how else would he learn?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:26 am
Boyfriend?! Marinel made a sound that was between a choke and a laugh. He quickly shook his head. "No!" He said. "Dolly is my brother. My older brother." Well, he really was only a few candlemarks older, but Dolmar always seemed so proud of being the oldest. Who was he to deny him that?

"Why?" He asked, then. "Do you have a boyfriend?" He was, maybe, oblivious to Jarah's attraction.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 am
Marinel was ridiculously adorable, and that noise he made only intensified the look. "Ah, I see!" He said, secretly pleased. Or maybe not so secretly as he cast his eyes over the other boy. "Me? Oh, no. No boyfriend for me right now." Not that he wasn't hopeful. He loved to be in a relationship, to have someone he could be affectionate with that wasn't somehow related to him.

"I was just curious. You said you were working on a drawing for your brother, are you an artist?" he wondered.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:53 am
"Nah. I draw when there's nothing else to do," Marinel admitted. "It's just a hobby. I did a lot more of it before." Before Thread. Before they'd been seperated, before they'd been on the brink of adulthood. "I thought Dolly might like that one, though. I did it of his firelizard."

"What's your craft?" He asked. "I studied with a woodcrafter for a while before I was Searched."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:04 am
"That was sweet of you," he said and smiled charmingly. "Woodcrafting sounds interesting. What kind of things did you make?" He was curious both for curiousity's sake as well as to get to know his fellow candidate a little better.

"Courtesan," he said with a smirk, casually leaning a little closer to Marinel. "None of that spymaster stuff, though." No, spying was not something Jarah had ever been interested in. Though, really, he'd only gone to Western Hold to stave off his boredom in the Weyr. "I was born here, though. My mother is a green rider. What about you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 am
"A lot of things, boxes, toys... I never thought I'd make much of myself, but a dragon thought differently." He shrugged. He'd left the traders, and for a while was holdless and then--then he'd been apprenticed. "I was going to try to become a journeyman one day," he said. "I'm glad I came here instead." He never would've reunited with his brother otherwise.

"My father was the lord holder of a small hold," Marinel began. "But once Dolly was old enough to be apprenticed, he was sent away. I didn't do well without him. I ran away." He was looking down at his hands. "I stayed with traders for a turn or two, then they left me to do what I could. Things got better."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:06 pm
Jarah smiled and wondered if he could talk Marinel into helping him make a toy or two for his little sister. Chuckling a little, he nodded. "I never thought of myself as a rider, either. I didn't even contemplate becoming a candidate until one of Anath's friends Searched me." Turning to look at him, Jarah smiled. "I'm glad you came here, too, he said with a wink.

"That bad, hm?" he murmured as he listened to the other boy talk about his family. "Probably a good thing you got yourself out of there..."  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff