[Contest] Another bonelands cub (Over!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 am
This contest ends on saturday 29/4. I'll try judging it on Sunday, so it closes when I wake up/log in on sunday. (UTC+1)

First things first, this is the cutie you can win:

User Image

These cubs come from a family of very traditionalist Bonelands females, and will be brought up that way. They will also have traditional Bonelands names.

Their mother picked one of the Umholi as the father of her cubs, but since Bangizwe was recently chased out of the pride they're considered Lusizi and will eat last and generally be treated differently (in a bad way) than cubs to the current Abaholi.

Siblings:

User Image - Isihlabathi owned by Annchen

User Image - owned by Pearlyblue.

Parents
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am
The rest of the family
Not all of them, but a bunch... Heh...

User Image
Buna, their grandmother. She will help watch them and meddle a lot in their upbringing.

User Image
Baie'mooi, Buna's aunt. She's a bit younger than Buna.

User Image
Nehanda, Baie's daughter. Kokumo went with her to help when she had her litter, so they have a close bond.

User Image
Sandile might babysit them. Normally the traditionalist group is not too keen on males staying, but Kokumo has a soft spot for Nehanda's cubs and he's shown 0 interest in females so he's deemed safe to babysit.

Family they won't meet:
Surtak, grandfather.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:40 am
Rules
- Please behave.
- Avoid excessive use of other characters in your entry. Feel free to mention others, but don't play characters you do not own.
- Anyone can enter, no matter how many or few SoA you have, or how many or few Bonelanders you have. However, it probably helps to be at least a bit familiar with the Ithambo'hlabathi (Bonelands)
- This cub will have to stay in the pride until his mane grows in, after that he has to leave.
- I might give away the cub in another manner if there's not enough entries.
- Name must be traditional.
- I'm perfectly ok with him being sig candy if that's what you want, but if you want to RP you can always poke me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:41 pm
To enter, fill this in:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning & language:[/b]

[b]Personality in no more than 4 words:[/b]

[b]Insert whatever you want here:[/b] (RP prompt, haiku, theme song, a picture, origami, a clay figure, cake?)

[b]How many Bonelands characters do you own?[/b] (Just curious)

[b]Anything else you want to add?[/b]

If you prefer less open prompts, here are some ideas:
- His thoughts the day he leaves the pride.
- His favourite game as a cub.
- Huh, someone called his mother Enkulu. How does he feel about that?
- The best hiding place ever.
- His thoughts about "uncle" Sandile.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:46 pm
Have at it! Ending time will be added later, but it will go on for at least a week starting now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 pm
Name: Akwanele
Meaning & language: Not enough, Zulu

Personality in no more than 4 words: Melancholic, driven, bitter, kind

Insert whatever you want here:
Not dark. Father gone.
A boy is not good enough
For his own mother.

I will leave home or
Rather be driven away.
It must be better.

How many Bonelands characters do you own? 10

Anything else you want to add?
User Image  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 pm
Name: Mthunzi
Meaning & language: "Shadow" in Zulu.

Personality in no more than 4 words: Understanding, Sneaky, Loving, Angry.

Insert whatever you want here: Although he understand the Bonelands traditions and why males must leave he does feel anger towards it. So days leading up to when he must leave he makes sure to see all his family members he can to say goodbye, trying to not show just how angry he is that he will have to go. However he will greet them all warmly and tell them he will never forget them. Even after he leaves he will try to be as sneaky as possible to sometimes say hello if he can, when he can, to see them without bringing attention. As a cub he will have memorized everything about the land possible so that its easier in the future to try and infiltrate the Boneslands just to say hello to family.

How many Bonelands characters do you own? 3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 pm
Name: Ukukhohlisa
Meaning & language: Means 'Fool' in Zulu

Personality in no more than 4 words: Derp, clutz, silly, SWEEEEEETTTTTTTT

To say that he could fall over basically anything, was in fact, an understatement. The world was full of hazards, grass, errant tree roots, tiny little stones of ultimate doom! It was as he was recovering from one of his more epic fails that he came upon, the beetle.

Its shell was made of pure colour, actually, it was definately black, but every time it moved the oiled colouration streaked across its shell and caused it to send a shocking ray of perfect light. There was just one problem. He wanted to capture it. He wanted to pick it up and hold it and maybe hug it a little or even just ask it if it knew its shell was made of rainbows!

Of course. Beetle did not want to converse with him. If anything, his words only caused the flighty bug to flit away. It was a most frustrating turn of events and though he tried, most unsuccessfully to get the bug to return his silken, sultry...words of a complimentary nature, it just would not sit still.

Finally the little cub decided that a mad dash would solve this most time consuming problem he had ever faced. Unfortunately, the tiny stone of epic doom rose beneath his paws and as he dove for the bright and shiny bug it met its own version of the curse of the clutz. The beetle was thoroughly smushed. He mourned the little creature for a few moments, sad that he had'nt received the answers he so desperately needed. That was until a butterfly fluttered by its irridecent wings capturing his attention and so a new chase began, a thousand questions upon his lips.. possibly more..

How many Bonelands characters do you own? 4

Anything else you want to add? can has a bukit?

Syrius Lionwing

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:21 pm
Name: Bongani
Meaning & language: "Be Grateful" (Zulu)

Personality in no more than 4 words: Aspired to be great!

Bongani knew this day was coming and in the last moon cycle, it was obvious it was rapidly approaching. His mane was nearly full, though he had known for a long time he wouldn't wait for his welcome to be outstayed. His immediate family were being more short tempered and casting him looks of suspicion⏤which were not unfounded, technically. He'd been very clearly explained the nature of the pride, instilling an almost "shame" in him were he to live among the lionesses if he had any... interest in them. While he didn't quite understand even his own feelings... he did know he had began noticing differences that made the guilt he felt signal that it was time.

He'd spent the previous day seeing those he would miss most. He didn't tell them why, but he believed to most it obvious what was coming. He was surprised to see the love and tenderness in some when they realized and it touched his heart. Now that the sun was rising, Bongani rose with it, standing from the ground he laid. He cast a long look at the edge of the land he had called home. His eyes tried to take in everything, every little detail.

Of course... he had already decided he would be back. When he was born, it was during the era of new leaders. It was in the wake a new umholi and multiple inselele that over thew his father's leadership. Growing up, he knew he himself would be pushed out of his home. Now, walking tall with his back to the Bonelands, Bongani set out to find his father: Bangizwe. He was told that he wasn't killed during the take over of Umkhombo which Bongani felt was a mistake on Umk's part⏤a mistake he now intended to use to his benefit. Bongani sincerely felt the next time he saw his home, he would be stronger. smarter. prepared. It would be his time to take his home and he knew he wouldn't make the same mistakes as Umkhombo.

How many Bonelands characters do you own? Two! (Isobana & Thabisa)

So Bongani intends to come back and try to overthrow the abholi buuuut thats a little ambitious. Its mostly him feeling its his rightful place, or destiny. Whether he actually attempts to challenge in the future is totally up to canon and Ecavi (and any others that should have input)! o wo At the least he will go looking for his father, never find him, and find something else to put his ambitious personality towards. Also:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 pm
:cackles: Love the funny pictures xd  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:45 pm
Name: Beko
Meaning & language: "It isn't so" in Yoruba (same language that mom's name is from!)

Personality in no more than 4 words: Adventurous, Rowdy, Clumsy, Curious

Insert whatever you want here: So you want to know about me? Well, my name is Beko, which isn't the most flattering name, but I also didn't have the most flattering beginning. I was born to a traditional family within the Bonelands after my father lost power, so I was not only a boy, but also the son of an ex-leader. Oh, don't pity me much, though. I didn't have much as a cub, but I didn't suffer, either. I spent my days with the other cubs in the pride, playing hide and seek and other such games when we were not too busy learning how to properly navigate and hunt.

As I got older, I spent more time with the other young males. We knew what was coming, but I wasn't afraid. My mother was sometimes called Enkulu, because of her skill in the hunt, and I was certain I would have the skills to succeed in my own hunts once it was time to leave. I did have my moments of worry, however. During those times I thought about my uncle Sandile and the role he played in the pride. Maybe, I could be like him if things didn't work out... But I knew in my heart that I was too restless to stay in the pride. Besides, I was looking forward to not being a Lusizi cub anymore. Even my sisters would have more kindness shown to them than I. I was hoping the rest of the world would not see me as a Lusizi, too.

The day of my Ukuzalwa came and we set off on our journeys. Some of the more nervous of the group hung back, lingering by the Bonelands border, but I strode on ahead, eager to see what was ahead of me. I have yet to become Zalwa, but I know it's just a matter of time. There is a pride near my new location, a home to many males, all long-clawed and ready to fight even outside their homeland. I see groups of them come and go, leaving with little and coming back with much more. I want to learn how to fight like they do. Maybe I will find some ex-Lusizi, too.

How many Bonelands characters do you own? 2 (1 is a dispersed male)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 am
This contest ends on saturday 29/4. I'll try judging it on Sunday, so it closes when I wake up/log in on sunday. (UTC+1)

Also: As per the new pride rules this little guy will be kicked out as soon as his mane starts growing = adolescent. So he'll be certed luzisi - rogue - rogue  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:44 am
Name: Impumulo
Meaning & language: Nose, Zulu

Personality in no more than 4 words: Curious, thoughtful, energetic, observant

Insert whatever you want here: Impu is well aware that he's going to leave the pride at some point, and plans to learn everything he can about the world beyond the pride's lands while he's out there. He might even sow a few wild oats, as it were. But before he goes, he's going to observe and learn everything he can abou the pride and how it functions. He may come back later in life! Either to seek to become an Inselelo or, failing that, see if any lions might want to leave with him to start an off-shoot of the pride elsewhere, to hopefully further prevent any genetic bottlenecks.

How many Bonelands characters do you own? 9 (2 are cubs!)

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:45 pm
One more day to enter!  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 am
The contest is now closed for judging!  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]