Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:10 pm
User Image She seemed to be learning the ropes for the most part. She tried to think of the spar training as a sort of game to make it easier for her to adjust to. The more she thought about it the more she realized she wanted to work at the rank of Priestess. She would never be a Captain or a Reaver, it just wasn't in her to have that type of mentality even though the thought of freedom of leaving whenever she wished was something she missed. When she was in the Kwa Kikombe she may have only been a small cub but she didn't have the types of rules they did here. Which was alright, her mother had wanted them to be somewhere they'd be safe and apparently with their father's pride had been it.

She was glad to know her mother had bested another lioness to gain entry into the pride as a Freeborn. She wouldn't have been able to bear the thought of her being a Thrall. She'd of demanded she be given freeborn status.

As for having a father figure. She scoffed out loud at the thought. He cared more about training the males in the family. Not to mention all the half siblings he had sired. She was actually glad he hadn't taken interest in her or her sisters for the most part. Even some of her brothers had been left alone. Nothing against him he was probably raised that way but she just didn't care for him much. He may be her father by blood but he wasn't her father by heart.

Padding along she swept her tail across the ground, flicking some loose pebbles.

Princess_Feylin
My first RP with you <3 =] I'm excited.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 pm
User ImageKorfiz was kind of a sweaty mess when he finished sparring with Palisander, but it had been a good match. The two of them were similar in skill and size, despite Korfiz's father being an outlander and Palisander's family being old blood Stormborn, and whenever they sparred, it was a good workout. Stinging along his sides and shoulders where sweat seeped into some shallow cuts reminded him that he would have to find a sunny spot to sit down and groom himself sooner, rather than later.

But that could wait, he decided, as he noticed a lioness near his own age walking along the path. He didn't know her, but that wasn't a surprise. The pride was large, and strangers many. There was no reason he couldn't get to know her. Providing, of course, she could stand being around him in his unwashed state. He decided there was nothing to be lost in at least greeting her. He could always move downwind if she seemed bothered by the smell of a hardworking warrior-in-training.

"It's a good day to die," he greeted the garnet-eyed lioness. "I'm Korfiz."

AstoriaFallen
Omigosh, is it really? That's bananas.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:14 pm
Princess_Feylin

"It's a good day to die, I'm Korfiz."

Her gaze danced upwards to settle upon the chocolate colored male with striking markings. She was more like her mother than she realized.

"It's a good day to die." She returned the greeting and looked him over once more. "I'm Slivka." He looked a little messy but she figured it was because of training, since that was something that happened a great deal around here she realized.

"Your markings are quite remarkable." She decided she'd comment on them and she realized she probably was small in size comparison to some of the other females in the pride. She knew she was far more lithe and limber than most of them but that was because of her upbringing. She was built for stamina and speed. Not brute strength.

She was suddenly aware of her physical appearance, had she even tried to tidy herself up before leaving the den?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Korfiz smiled easily, flattered that Slivka noticed his markings, and apparently approved of them. Not that there was anything he could've done about it if she hadn't liked them. A lion couldn't change his stripes, after all.

"It's good to meet you, Slivka. I'm pretty fond of them, too."

That was true, actually. Korfiz was incredibly glad that he'd taken entirely after his mum's side of the family, rather than inheriting his father's distinctive stripes, as two of his sibs had, or an absurd and unexpected shade of blue, or, well, he'd definitely gotten the good markings in his litter, so going back to that "lion can't change his stripes" thing, Korfiz wouldn't want to.

"You weren't born here, were you?" he asked, taking in the lioness's smaller size and noticing that she spoke without the distinctive glottal growl that characterized Stormborn speech. She probably had a much easier time making herself understood in the rogue lands.

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:40 pm
Princess_Feylin

"It's good to be fond of yourself. If you don't like you then how do you expect others to?" It had meant to be rhetorical but she didn't mind if he had a comment or two.

She had forgotten that she would have an accent, or lack of one and thus the notable question. That and her build, but she quite liked the way she looked so she figured it was likely her speech.

"No. Is it that noticeable?" She asked with a small wrinkle of her nose. "Our father discovered us when our pride disbanded so he brought us here." She had said father a little sarcastically since she really didn't know what else to call him Though she could have just said The Captain, but she gave small shrug. It was neither here nor there.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:18 pm
Korfiz refrained from offering any comment on Slivka's assessment. It didn't sound as though she was criticizing him. He wasn't sure how he would have reacted if she had been. Embarrassment? Defensiveness? Irritation? All possibilities, but none of them actually happened, thank goodness.

"It's noticeable, but not in a bad way," he answered her, hoping to reassure her. "There are a lot of former outlanders in the pride. I think it's a good thing. It helps those of us who were raised here learn how outlanders speak so we can blend in better on vikings, if we need to."

As for the rest of what she'd said, about her father, well. He wasn't quite willing to spill the circumstances surrounding his birth and fatherless upbringing, but he was more than willing to listen to Slivka talk about her own apparent father troubles. He liked hearing that there were other awful fathers out there, and that he wasn't alone in that respect.

"Do you not like it here, then?" he asked, misinterpreting the little shrug she'd offered. "Is your father...Is it unpleasantly different from your pride?"

He had intended to ask if her father was treating her badly, but that was too personal, and he didn't know of any freeborn worthy of the title who would be willing to answer it truthfully. The pride had a legal system that protected spouses from abuse, but offspring did not share that protection. He would have to be more subtle if he wanted to find out if Slivka was being abused. Stormlords he hoped she wasn't.

AstoriaFallen
Er. Sorry about Korfiz, too. I'll yank him back into line as soon as I can.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:23 pm
Princess_Feylin
And no worries. ^^ It's quite alright. And yup this is my first time ever rping with you. I've always kinda wanted to but was never really in any prides you had characters in

She was at least glad to hear that outsiders coming into the pride wasn't an uncommon thing, this unsettled her nerves a great deal and she instantly relaxed around the male. "I guess that's quite handy." She offered to him and still didn't think she'd ever be able to be a viking. It just wasn't in her nature to do something like that.

Furling her brow she gave him an odd look. "Why would you say that?" She had no idea as to why he would think to suggest she didn't like it here. "I like it here just fine. Should I not?" She questioned him back a little curious as to why he asked.

"It's just different is all. I grew up around Wild Dogs, Leopards, Cheetahs and Hyena's. The dynamic of it was far different too." She offered to him, if he wanted to know more she figured he'd ask.

She was curious as to why he brought up a question towards her father but changed the topic. "He's a Captain." She figured he might have wanted to ask what he did or was so she just offered that and perhaps that was all he needed to know?

"Would you like to walk with me to get some water? Plus you look like you might need a drink."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:53 pm
"I just wondered," he said, trying for nonchalance. "You didn't seem exactly thrilled with being brought here. I thought maybe it was because you didn't like it."

Personally, he was baffled by the idea of growing up around a bunch of thrall creatures. From the way Slivka spoke, he surmised that the cheetahs and all were treated like equals, or at least fairly close. It was a real challenge for him to imagine what it could be like to live that way.

"It does sound like it's pretty radically different," Korfiz ventured, leaving the matter of Slivka's father for the time being. The conversation had moved on, and he wasn't going to be awkward and drag it back. "How did that work, exactly?"

He smiled, unable to stop himself, really. "I could use some water, and I'd love to keep talking to you. Hear about your old pride - if it's something you don't mind talking about, I mean."

He'd realized a little too late that not only might Slivka not be delighted to be in the Stormborn, with all its differences, but it might not be easy for her to talk about the place where she had been born and raised. Now he just had to try not to embarrass her by implying that she was too flower-blooded to talk about it.

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:21 pm
Princess_Feylin

"Oh."

It was all she said at his words and she supposed if they had grown up here hearing what she had just said might sound almost impossible to wrap one's mind around.

She thought about how she might explain it to him in a way that would make sense. "They mostly liked to play a game where you kick empty tortoise shells around into designated spots for points against another team." She really had no idea how she might explain it. "It was like a game pride. Though there were healer ranks and all that but it was mostly spectators and players." She said thinking about it.

She was glad he wouldn't mind walking with her. "I'm just glad I'm not boring." She admitted to him. "I don't mind talking about it, it's just sort of hard to explain."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:57 am
"Definitely not boring," Korfiz assured the lioness.

Korfiz had not been raised to be particularly open and embracing of outlanders' traditions. The Stormborn way of doing things was the best way. It had to be, or else they would be doing something else, the actual best way.

That said, he wanted to keep talking to Slivka, and he was absolutely intrigued by the idea of a pride that existed just to play games. It sounded like something a cub would dream up. Apparently there were others in the pride who had useful skills, but they didn't sound like they were the ones that mattered.

"So, ah. Is it a pride for single parents to leave their cubs while they have to hunt, or something?" he asked, still unable to get his head around the idea that adults could do such a thing, and unconscious of the fact that the freeborn in the Stormborn could be said to lead similar lifestyles. "My mum probably could've used something like that, raising me and my sibs on her own."

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:27 am
Princess_Feylin

It was a relief that things were going so smoothly. "You're the first lion outside of blood family that I've actually been able to talk to." He admitted lightly towards him. He was attractive too but she kept that part to herself. Oh if Milas was here her twin would have called her out in a heartbeat.

"How many siblings do you have?" She was curious to know suddenly. She had nine, two of them identical to her and then a slue of half siblings. She just wanted to get to know more about him and perhaps his family and what they did in the pride. Plus it meant it would drag out their conversation longer if she asked him questions too.

At his words she tilted her head slightly in thought. The more she thought about it the more she realized there hadn't been any mated pairs. "That does sound fairly accurate. But it's a bit more than that. You win stuff and get high recognition if you're a good player. It's more like a competition than an actual game." She threw in there.

"But it was definitely a good place if you were a single parent. My mother had a great deal of help with since it was just the eleven of us and she needed it." She gave a small nod of her head.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 am
It was a surprise to Korfiz that he'd not spoken to anyone outside the family until meeting him. He did his best to hide his incredulity, but probably some of it came through even so. He wasn't much of an actor, Korfiz. Not really. But he wasn't going to make a big deal of it. He wasn't going to mess this up by asking the wrong questions or saying the wrong thing.

"I'm one of five," Korfiz said. He would have asked about her, but she volunteered the information, at which point Korfiz's eyes definitely bugged out a bit. Eleven. His own mum hadn't had anything like that many cubs, and she'd been at her wits' end from time to time.

He jumped back to the matter of her pride for a bit, still curious about how a pride could be built around the idea of playing games.

"Did you..." No. Those weren't the right words. "Were you one of the competitors? In your other pride?"

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:08 pm
Princess_Feylin
If they continue to hit it off do you want to try and breed them when they hit adult? I think they'd make pretty babies XD

The more she learned about other litters the more she realized that she and her family were quite an anomaly. "That must be a really roomy den! We ran out of room early on and had to find ourselves bigger quarters." She chuckled.

"We were still too young to actually play." She said with a small frown. "Though I would have loved to be one though." It had always looked exciting but there wasn't much of a chance of her doing that now.

"I'm really thinking about becoming an Priestess. What about you?" She figured he was likely going to gun for Captain.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:47 am
Korfiz hadn't really thought about his mum's den as roomy or not. It was just home. He'd moved out, of course, and now lived in one of the great long dens where bachelor freeborn might reside if they didn't care to keep a residence for themselves. There was a lionesses' den like that, too, where his mum lived now, but she'd moved into her own space to raise Korfiz and his sibs.

"I think my family did sort of the opposite. My mum lived with a lot of other lionesses until she had us, then she moved somewhere more private until my sibs and I were old enough to make our own way."

He still visited his mum on occasion, and crossed paths with her, but on the whole they both had their own lives to lead, and were doing so.

"Ooh, scary!" Korfiz joked at Slivka's expressed interest in becoming a priestess. "I thought you had to start training for that really young?"

There were priestesses in his family, on his mum's side, but he didn't interact with them. He just knew they were there, and they were best avoided. His own plans were less spiritual in nature:

"I'm going to be a reaver once I find someone who will let me go viking with their band. I might try to be a captain, but maybe not. I don't know yet."

AstoriaFallen
I don't mind the idea of them having a fling, but I do have an eventual mate lined up for him. He'd definitely make sure to be a part of any cubs' lives though, given his own absent father.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am
Princess_Feylin
We can see how they interact before coming to a decision if you like. I don't want to cramp any future plans he has. ^^ I just figured I'd ask <3

She listened as he spoke and she found that completely reasonable. "Some like the solitude of raising their young by their own." She didn't know if she'd want to do that whenever she had cubs. "I'm not sure how my mom did it with there being so many of us." She said with a shake of her head. Ten cubs was a great deal to handle, it was amazing none of them had died.

"I'm sure you do, but having come into the pride so late in my younger years I don't think that could have been helped." She needed to track down the priestess and let her know she wished to apprentice.

"I think you'd make a fine Captain one day, just from what you've told me so far about yourself and your family." Given his demeanor and over all personality he would be a Captain she would have followed, had she decided to go that route. "I think a great deal would follow you."  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff