[ORP] Gathering Storm Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:58 am
User Image
( Take your time with this one folks, I'll be leaving it open so everyone with really swamped lives has the chance to post. I'll still be posting at regular intervals for peeps as well just to keep it moving along. n_n

Also if you haven't expressed interest before you're still more than welcome to join in just for the RP with folks! <3 )

While Tethys had not broadcasting is intentions through grand gestures, speeches, or declarations, word did have a way of circulating around the pride. There were those in the township who had some vague interest in his activities, and for others, their curiosity had been stirred as the newly established Captain had set into motion a series of 'events'.

He and his band had yet to depart for another Viking, but they had each been gathering strength. As they recovered from their wounds they had begun to mingle with various individuals within the pride who might have possessed information of use to them. For all intents and purposes, Tethys's crew had been on a factfinding mission within the pride that had resulted in a fair few lions questioning their intentions.

...Why were they asking for such bizarre things?

There were several topics of conversation that had now been identified as 'knowledge' gaps, and a number of the warband had already informed their wives that it was highly likely that they would be leaving within the next few weeks to pursue these lines of inquiry. Further prying from the wives had led to the revelation that those who had killed their captain were not unknown to them, and as such, it had now become a matter of great importance to put them back in their place.

Consequently as the warband began to stir and become more active, as it gathered its own supplies and prepared to take an extended leave of absence, it became more and more apparent that this was no ordinary Viking. On the contrary, it was a Viking that would result in not just one trophy...but several. A guarantee of bloodshed, battle, honour - to be quite honest it could have checked any number of Vikings but the intentions of the band's new Captain were very clear.

He wanted vengeance.

For now though, the warband had recently broken up from another of their meetings to collate the various pieces of information each had acquired, and while they might have mingled nearby, their business was concluded for the day. Tethys was of no exception to this rule and he had settled himself against one of the more comfortable outcroppings while he mused over the latest findings; he would be able to spot if anyone wished to speak with him...

Mysses Greenie

Andranis

CaliWolfe

SilverLutz

Kimaria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:33 am
User ImageWord did travel fast in the large pride. Word of mouth was quicker than lightning in some cases, especially when things like glory, honor, and treasure were on the line. Vidar had caught wind of the untimely demise of one of his fellow captains and had wanted to congratulate the replacement on his promotion, but now that there was talk of a long Viking that promised bloodshed and fun - in Vidar's eyes at least - he was itching to seek out the pale lion and have a little chat with him.

Tethys wasn't hard to find. All Vidar had to do was follow the commotion and boom, there he was, reclining on some rocks. Settling his trademark smirk on his muzzle, Vidar sauntered over, careful to walk so the many trinkets that adorned his mane jingled and clinked against one another to announce his presence. Although he wasn't as large as some of the captains and he came off as cocky and maybe even a bit lazy, his success was clear. Vidar had mastered the art of being laid back ninety percent of the time and fierce the other ten. He wanted whispers of his name to fill the rogue lands, that a Stormborn captain so powerful and terrifying had to tie things that would make noise to his mane so those he sought would have a fighting chance of running before he even arrived.

"It's a good day to die," he said as he came up to the pale lion. "Apparently it was also a good day to die not too long ago. Congratulations on your promotion, Captain...Tethys, was it? Your name has been whispered among the Reavers as of late. I'm Vidar."

User ImageReavers and Captains weren't the only ones to hear whispers of a promising Viking. Runa was finally of age and in the right mindset to take her first Viking, but she didn't want it to be some simple outing into the rogue lands. She wanted glory and victory right off the bat! At the same time, she knew it would be difficult to do so considering she hadn't been properly tested on a Viking yet and convincing a Captain to take her on an important mission would be a gamble for him or her. Still, with the newly appointed Warlord being female, the pride as a whole had been rather shaken up and it seemed a fire had been lit under many of them. There were still those with very traditional mindsets as far as females went, but now that one oversaw the pride as a whole, it was hard to deny females couldn't fight alongside males.

She approached the place where the Viking band had been not long ago but stuck to the less populated area. She wished to speak with the Captain that was currently occupied with another. She would wait patiently for her turn, not wanting to interrupt two higher-ranking lions. That would definitely hurt her chances of being allowed to join.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:54 am
Hm? What was this?

Tethys's thoughts were rather quickly disturbed and he cast a sideglance towards the lion who had spoken to him. It wasn't that Vidar hadn't made enough noise, it had been a sound that had registered with the paler male, but when at home it wasn't necessarily regarded as a threat. If anything, it was something that he heard among a variety of Reavers who liked to show off some of the trophies they had been allowed to keep. Consequently, it had taken him a while to acknowledge that the sound had actually been made by one who desired his attention.

Finally, he turned his head properly to face Vidar, fortunately with enough time to ensure it wouldn't cause affront. Just as well really, given he had already noted the lazy smirk of someone who certainly didn't lack for confidence...

Or gossip apparently.

"You would be right, yes," he confirmed as Vidar addressed him. "On both accounts," he added and raised a brow. "Though I can't say I revel in the death of my former Captain," he paused thoughtfully, peering briefly at Runa as his surroundings came into sharper focus - well, at least he had seen her and she would have noticed as much.

"He died well, but he deserved to die to something less cowardly in its methods," he clarified. His former captain hadn't done his warband a disservice, in anything he had saved a large portion of them, but in Tethys's eyes he should have fallen to something that could look him in the eye from the beginning, not to a knife in the back.

"Thank you all the same," he added and cleared his throat. "I can only imagine what gossip might be circulating at the moment however," he offered a half smile.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 am
"Cowardly methods, hm?" Vidar hummed as he sat down before Tethys, making himself comfortable. He hadn't heart just how his predecessor had died, just that he had. Usually when deaths happened to Captains there was some sort of underhanded methods involved, although it was usually the one that did the killing that took the dead Captain's place. This didn't seem to be the way with the lion before him.

"That is a shame. It's the way of things, though," he added, rolling a shoulder in a shrug. "But I suppose it doesn't matter now. You're in charge. And with those whispers of your name I've caught wind of a rather massive scale Viking that you're seeking to begin," he said, changing subjects to get right to the point. Vidar only liked to small talk when he was chatting with ladies.

"I don't know the details beyond that, but I did want to come offer the services of myself and my band."

---

Runa held Tethys' gaze for a moment before the lion glanced away again and she knew he had noticed her. Good. Now she had to simply wait out Vidar...and everyone knew he could be a bit of a chatterbox. Hopefully he wouldn't be too long-winded and would get out of the area after making his point.

She settled down for the long-haul, though, finding a scrap of bone to bat between her paws while she waited.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am
"Your band?" Tethys queried. He hadn't anticipated that there would be others that would express their interest in joining him. Admittedly, he had given thought that they might attempt to pursue whatever it was he was hunting themselves, claim a piece on their own... But this particular method hadn't crossed his mind. It was enough to give him considerable pause for thought as he regarded who he had now identified as a Captain.

After all, he had said 'my' band...

"I won't make light of what I'm attempting to do," he said after he had given the lion a measured stare. "It would also be unwise of me to spit in the face of any aid in the given circumstances," he continued and readjusted his position so he was more comfortable. The Captain's offer was a very curious one and the pale male knew he was right in giving it serious consideration... but in order for him to be successful in his pursuit of these things, he was going to have to proceed in a more diplomatic fashion.

No thrashing around in fields making as much noise as possible, for all intents and purposes they would have to be a bit more...diplomatic.

"What I am preparing to do is going to require a considerable amount of diplomacy and restraint," he said finally. If those two words were going to be a problem, then Vidar would spook. If they weren't, then they could discuss things further. "Nor will I guarantee that you are your band will come back alive," he added. "If you wish to participate in this hunt then I will not deny you your prizes but I will certainly expect a measure of respect and consideration for the methods I might have to use..."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:44 am
Vidar kept the confident and relaxed look on his face even when Tethys' words seemed to imply he hadn't realized he was a Captain. Surely his reputation preceded him? If not, he was just going to have to show this fella his stuff, and he'd do whatever it took to do it. He didn't want to be feared and revered in the rogue lands alone, he wanted to be known throughout the pride, especially by fellow Captains. He wanted to be invited on all the biggest raids and Viking parties, but to do that he had to prove he was worth his weight and could back up his words.

Which he could. He just need the opportunity to do so!

"Ah, it seems my name really hasn't made its way to you yet," he said with a little chuckle as if brushing off the fact that he hadn't been heard of by the lion before. To be fair he hadn't heard of him before either, other than recently. "I'm not one of those bull-headed brutes that charges in without thinking." He had been in his youth and could still be at times, but he'd restrain himself when he needed to. "And my band is comprised of the sons and daughters of the god of chivalry, so they are all for talking things over and being polite. You don't need to worry about that."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:35 pm
"Huh, I guess I'm not the only divine offspring," he chuckled and shook his head. He was somewhat amused that some offspring seemed to adopt their parental domain so much, although if he and Dione had done that, there was a fair chance they might have been farmers... Bit of a lackluster life if he dared say so himself.

Nevertheless, while Tethys hadn't known many captains, to be honest he'd usually been away with his own, he wasn't about to scoff at any that approached him for whatever reason. Whether it be congratulatory or otherwise, he would still receive them with grace and respect...even the rather proud ones. Then again, some of them were often proud because they could back their words up with actions, perhaps this one was the same.

"Acknowledged," he said finally as he considered the Captain's proposal. It was then that he asked a decidedly peculiar question. "How many of them are white?" he said finally and raised a brow.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:17 pm
Ah, so this guy was sired by a god as well? Vidar was starting to feel left out a bit. It seemed everyone he knew had a god in their lineage somewhere except for him! Perhaps it was why he always felt so small around other lions even though he really wasn't all that tiny.

"White?" he asked with a little bark of laughter. "Like t'keep things color-coded, eh? None of them are. They're more...tan and red with a little bit of purple splashed in." The only member of the litter that wasn't in his band was his russet colored sweetheart, although it was a completely one-sided affection. Still, he was sure he'd impress her enough one day to win her over.

"The only white you'll be getting from my group is the white in my own mane, I'm afraid."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 am
"It's more a concern for safety," Tethys remarked and motioned to his own coat. "It seems quite popular these days for some rather unfortunate games," he added and shook his head. If this Captain was truly going to join him, hell if any captain was going to join him, they were entitled to know if any of their own Reavers might be regarded as a 'liability'. This was unlikely to deter anyone, but it was good to know that if they happened to come under assault, several things would occur.

"It is in your best interests as a Captain to be made aware of what may or may not be a liability," he explained and cleared his throat. "As it stands, my quarry has some rather predictable habits and a few of them happen to involve that particular colour," he gave a roll of his shoulders and grimaced. "But it would seem in the case of your warband that you won't have to worry about that."

He paused.

"Or rather you won't unless we are fighting in close quarters, though if I am to have an ally it is fair to assume everyone will be briefed in regards to what my own Reavers are already anticipating," he finished.

SilverLutz
I totally saw your derp earlier. =P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:30 pm
User Image

Taranu had heard the whisperings of revenge floating through the air as he went about his day within the pride's lands. He'd heard about the captain that had been killed, so the stirrings of a retaliation was of no surprise to him. In fact, he was hoping to potential join the band that was heading out to battle.

While he was happy to be at home surrounded by family and familiar faces, his heart itched for adventure and the thrill of the fight. This could be an excellent opportunity for him to stretch his legs and learn some things. As he approached the area where the captain the question sat with others around him, Taranu waited patiently for an opportunity to introduce himself to the captain.

Epine de Rose
Me too!

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 pm
They were both hovering, by now Vidar had cemented his interest and Tethys would make other arrangements to brief him on what to expect while he was out in the field. However, while he didn't fully dismiss the other captain he did finally turn his head and raise his brow somewhat expectantly to both Runa and the male that had arrived a few moments ago - neither of them appeared to be Captains, but he assumed they had some reason for being here.

...Granted if it was gossip, they were both going to be in trouble!

"Flattered as I am by the admiring stares, you might find that I'm more interesting to talk to rather than to look at," he pointed out in a mildly amused tone. The lioness had been waiting since Vidar's arrival, but Tethys had already suspected the other captain could talk his ear off if given the chance, thus he would just have to attempt to juggle all three on this occasion.

"You must be here for a reason," he mused. "You'll have the humour me as to what that is."

Big Hobbit

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:32 pm
"Huh."

So the color white was something to be wary of having. Or mostly white, it seemed. Tryggr and Fastny were pale, but certainly not pure white, so they would be more than safe. He himself only had the bit, as mentioned, so he would be too. Not that he'd back down if he did have white fur or white Reavers - they were a hardy bunch that could withstand any assault!

"Noted," he said with a grin and a wink. "We'll chat more later," he added, finally noticing that he wasn't the only one around. There was a dark lioness off to the side and one of Fastny's son's standing there now as well. He turned away from Tethys then, giving a little nod to Taranu.

"Your mother will be quite pleased to fight along side you if you join," he told the male as he passed by, giving him a winning grin. Fastny had told her children they could join whichever band they wanted if they wished to become Reavers, but Vidar had been set on making a collection out of the entire family if possible.

With that he sauntered off, trinkets clinking merrily in his mane.

Runa watched the other Captain saunter off and rose to her feet, eyeing the new arrival. He had just walked in and was keeping his distance as well, so clearly he wasn't anyone of importance. She had arrived first, though, and moved forward as the white male addressed them both.

"Don't flatter yourself," she said with an amused snort. She certainly hadn't been admiring him, but simply waiting as was proper of a Freeborn when two Captains were speaking. "I wish to join your band," she added, pausing a few paces from the still reclining Tethys. "I am Runa. I have heard that you are preparing to embark on a long and arduous Viking and I wish to lend my services to you."

Epine de Rose
The product of too many open tabs waiting for my post XDDD;;;

Big Hobbit
Your boy's mum is in Vidar's band of Reavers so I'm sure they've met before XD Vidar's keen on keeping all of Fastny's cubs to himself (in a not creepy kind of way, he just wants big strong Reavers XD) but you're completely free (and encouraged XD) to make him Tethys' Reaver! Vidar can't get everything he wants XD

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:42 pm
User Image

"I hear there's a viking brewing that no brave soul would want to miss out on," Xochipepe spoke, not seeming to care too much if she was interrupting a conversation. It wasn't that she was a rude lioness, just sometimes that she let her excitement and enthusiasm run away with her - and her tongue! A second later and she seemed to realise that Runa had been mid-conversation and clamped her jaw shut, hauling herself up onto a rocky ledge and balancing her weight evenly upon it for a moment.

"It hardly needs to be said," she added after Runa had offered her services to Tethys, "but I'll be accompanying you, Captain."

Though Dione had warned her not to be indebted over such simple things, Xochi would forever be grateful for Tethys' advice and support that had seen her rise from Freeborn to Reaver so swiftly after joining the pride. Besides, going out on vikings was what set this pride apart. She'd been a wanderer since she'd been old enough to travel alone and there was no way she was going to let this chance pass her by.

"Glad to see others willing to join, too." She eyed Runa again, giving her a small nod, "pleased to meet you. I'm Xochipepe."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:31 pm
"Oh you do, do you?" Tethys didn't seem to have taken offence to Runa's remarks, by now he had become used to the almost snarky manner in which many of the females in this pride acted. There were very few who acted with decorum, at least not around him anyway. Perhaps they were over compensating,it occasionally came across as just a little too try hard, but if that's what it took them to find their paws then who was he to judge?

"It will certainly be a long one," he confirmed and raised a brow. "Can you control your desires enough to avoid cutting your trip short?" he asked. While it was all well and good for a male to have a dalliance or two on a viking, given the length of this one it wasn't an entirely advantageous route for a female to take. Not that he could prevent them from doing it if they wanted, but on their head's it be if they had to be turned back to avoid unborn casualties!

"If you are confident you can do so then you're more than welcome, but I will make one thing clear," he took a small breath. "While other Captains may pause and return briefly to the pride, my band will not be returning until we have finished what we started... Do not make any immediate plans for the future if you can avoid it."

He did however flash a warm smile as he saw the familiar face come in to view. Now there was someone he hadn't seen in a while, just as well really, he would sooner she hadn't ended up in some of the conflicts he'd gotten himself in to. Not that he didn't think she was capable, but she was still a little green and it could potentially put someone off another expedition for life!

"Xochi!" he chuckled. "An honour to have a familiar face at my side," he confirmed with a nod.

Kimaria

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 pm
User Image

The gathering, something that Iloziya had been looking forward to right up until the little outburst a certain pale lioness had about his damned sexuality - which he felt as though he'd have to continue to defend for quite some time. So, though he had been there initially he was now off to the side, still near enough Tethys to spy at who was chattering away with the Captain.

A rather grumpy look was plastered to his face, but beyond that he appeared otherwise approachable in cases where an individual couldn't immediately reach the lion of the hour.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The new mom had mulled over the idea of what to do following her pregnancy and inevitably the birth of her cubs. The cubs had quickly become her pride and joy - plenty of girls to be raised to become strong female warriors and her boy, Smol`fol - still undetermined. It was her family that made her think twice about leaving again, but also her family that ultimately showed her that she should do this, she should go and participate in such an event - make the family a proud one.

In tow she sported her right hand lioness, Sabia`deimos and her newly recovered father - both of which she trusted immensely, even with Sabias questionable aid. That aid got her to the rank she was today and she'd take it, even if the death of the previous Captain possibly earned her a sideways glance or two. Upon the groups approach she encouraged Sabia and Bjorn to wait off to the side, allowing the Captains a chance to speak - so she approached Tethys and waited, respectfully, as the lioness spoke with him.

"It's a good day to die." She greeted him, when an opening occurred.

----

"So you're the one that puts Daddy in Daddy issues?"

Sabia`deimos was feeling a touch spicy in recent days - any off comment seemed to set her off and she'd felt some other rather alarming things, none of which she decided to openly share. The comment earned her a solid glare from the pudgy blue lion, who was clearly the father of her dear friend Zjarri`fol. "Y'know, she chooses not to talk about you - I am beginning to see why now." A sharp laugh erupted from the red lioness as a grin peeled back lips beneath her skull mask.

"You shut your mouth." Bjorn snapped back, attempting to keep his cool. This wasn't his time and he wouldn't take the spot light from his beloved daughter. "Unless I need to put you in your place." Oops. He'd produced a threat. Fortunately it seemed as though Sabia had lost interest in the subject and had instead turned her attentions to Zjarri - paying attention to the scene playing before them.

Epine deRose

oo Ded
Hopefully I got your SN right annnd Sigrun could probably show up here too.

Quote:
Anyone is welcome to interact with my lions. <3 I will be adding more lol

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas