Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
[CLOSED] Children of the Elements ~ Winners Pg. 7! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Coileani Draiochta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:04 pm
User Image

Welcome to a contest for all these lovely new members of the Coileání Draíochta! We're looking to revitalize the pride with some new blood, so look below for your chance to win one of these lovely lions!

Starts: NOW!
Ends: December 10th; 11:59pm EST

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:05 pm
RULES

gaia_angelright These SoA may not leave! They were created for the Coileání Draíochta and should stay in the pride unless it disbands.

gaia_angelright While we can't impose roleplay limits on you, we would like if you actively roleplayed these SoA. We need activity in the pride!

gaia_angelright No bad behavior will be tolerated. That means whining, begging, or just downright being salty.

gaia_angelright All timestamps are EST and in effect, whether an owner is online or not!

gaia_angelright You may enter for all these lions, but you can only win ONE. SoA will be given out in this order: Referral Contest, Roleplay Contest, Personality Contest, Naming Contest, Raffle. If there is an SoA from a later contest that you would like to be considered for before the other contests, please let us know!

Coileani Draiochta

Coileani Draiochta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:07 pm
Chilly Breeze

User Image

This lion is going to be raffled off. To enter, you only need to post the code below.

[size=18][color=deepskyblue][b]I'd like a ticket![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:08 pm
Cooling Ember

User Image

This lion is going to be a standard roleplaying contest. To enter, you only need to answer one of the prompts and post the form below.

With permission from ShinosBee, this lion could potentially be a son of Neltharion if the winner wants him to be. What his thoughts are on his father, and if he knows about him at all, are up to whoever wins.

Prompt 1
This lion has some kind of secret. It could be something dark or perhaps even dangerous. Or it could even be something silly! Tell us about what it is. And is there anyone he shares it with?

Prompt 2
As the son of a god, this lion is a seer. Please tell us about his first vision, if he's ever had one. In addition, how intense are his visions and how often does he have them? Does he know about his father? And if so, how does he feel about him?

Prompt 3
Listen to this song. Use it as inspiration to write about this lion's story and what brought him to the pride.

[size=18][color=orange][b]So, here's my story...[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Lion's Name:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
[b]Prompt Response:[/b]

Coileani Draiochta

Coileani Draiochta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:11 pm
Dusty Earth

User Image

This lioness is going to be a personality contest. To enter, you only need to fill out and post the form below.

[size=18][color=brown][b]Let me tell you about myself![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Lioness' Name:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:14 pm
Misty River

User Image

This lioness is going to be a naming contest. To enter, you only need to fill out and post the form below.

[size=18][color=blue][b]Someone gave me a name![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Lioness' Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]

Coileani Draiochta

Coileani Draiochta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:16 pm
Centered Spirit

User Image

This lioness is being given away via a good, old-fashioned referral contest. While the overall rules apply, there are some special rules just for this contest!

gaia_angelright You must have some sort of referral image in your sig. While we have provided one, if you would like to make your own you can! The image must feature at least one of the SoA in this contest, and must link back to the contest itself.

gaia_angelright You will receive one point for each day you have an image advertising this contest in your sig. If the image does not link back to the contest, you will not receive points. Please make sure your links aren't broken! There will be a code for you to post daily so we can check your sig.

gaia_angelright You will receive two points for each person you refer to this contest. There will be a code for them to post below, so make sure they know to post it!

gaia_angelright You will receive three points if anyone you refer enters any of the contests. While you can receive this multiple times, you will only receive it once per referred person.

gaia_angelright At the end of the contest, whoever has the most points wins. If there is a tie, the winner will be randomized between the tied parties.

Signature Code

[url=https://goo.gl/rfZWpE][img]http://i.imgur.com/pjPZtV9.jpg[/img][/url]

Daily Post
[size=18][color=purple][b]Gimme my points![/b][/color][/size]

Referral Code
[size=18][color=red][b]I'm new here![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Who referred you?[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 pm
Contest Entries

Last Updated: December 11th, 1:02pm EST

Raffle
  1. AstoriaFallen
  2. Manda
  3. In Good Faith
  4. Ellanoire
  5. Mysses Greenie
  6. SSBrosB
  7. Epine de Rose
  8. CaliWolfe
  9. Anderleit
  10. chi honda
  11. Redbud-Tree
  12. Tanakako First Choice
  13. CascadingRayn
  14. nessiaing
  15. Shicala
  16. dbz2010
  17. Intomniac
  18. Nashawryn
  19. Khit Khat
  20. natsumi tsujimotto
  21. The Mighty Kasomawia
  22. belloblossom

Roleplaying Contest
In Good Faith - Pg. 1
Syrius Lionwing - Pg. 2
Tanakako - Pg. 2
SilverLutz - Pg. 3
Puhterodactyl - Pg. 3
Manda - Pg. 3

Personality Contest
In Good Faith - Pg. 1
AstoriaFallen - Pg. 1
Anderleit - Pg. 2
Nashawryn - Pg. 5
Mysses Greenie - Pg. 7

Naming Contest
Ellanoire - Pg. 1
Mysses Greenie - Pg. 2
NovaCracker - Pg. 2
Anderleit - Pg. 2
SSBrosB - Pg. 3
Manda - Pg. 3
nessiaing - Pg. 4
Nashawryn - Pg. 5
chi honda - Pg. 6
The Mighty Kasomawia - Pg. 6

Referral Contest
SSBrosB - 45 Points
chi honda - 26 Points

Coileani Draiochta

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:30 pm
I'd like a ticket!
Username: AstoriaFallen  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 pm
I'd like a ticket!
Username: Manda  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:54 pm
Let me tell you about myself!
Username: Roman Foi
Lion's Name: Cináed (Pronounced: KIN-ahj, meaning: born of fire)
Prompt: Kind of a combination of 1 & 2!
Prompt Response:

Cináed
Panting and out of breath, Cináed felt his eyes come back into focus. His first instinct was to look at his surroundings, to ensure it was over. Secondly, in a panicked manner, he checked to see if anyone had seen. He was lucky this time. No one was around, at least that he could tell. He felt exhaustion wash over him, almost over powering the relief that he was alone this time. The last time he'd had one of those... day-dreams... he hadn't been so lucky. The last time someone saw... Cináed had fled.

Cináed felt his mind wander back to when he was very young... His mother, with Cináed having been an only cub, told Cináed that he was never to tell anyone what he done from time to time, or he'd be in trouble. As he grew, it morphed from fear of being in trouble, to fear of rejection by his mother. He always felt like his mother didn't accept him, for his... quirk. Though it was infrequent, when the day-dreams struck, they were quaking and powerful. Once, as an adolescent, he'd had a day-dream so over powering that when he came to, his mother was crying. That was the last night he spent with his mother, unable to cause her further pain.

Now, he believed it was his dirty secret, still never having told others. Once with his mother, then no one... Cináed grew incredibly alone. He was lucky enough to come across the most welcoming group of lions, he was encouraged to try and live amongst his own again. He'd been successful... until now.

Sadness now overwhelmed him, realizing he'd never be able to stay. Despite how kind they were... he would be the freak if anyone knew. Their kindness couldn't be expected to reach as far as to extend to his... disability. His hinderance. He didn't even understand what happened when the episodes struck. They were lions he didn't know, and were sometimes... violent. Terrifying. With a loud grown, Cináed buried his face into his folded arms.

"Are you... ok?" A young lioness he'd seen before appeared from around a shrub. She was earthy toned, and blended in very well...

With a jolt, Cináed stood to his feet in shock. Oh no. "I'm... uhm." He swallowed. "Yes. I'm fine."

"What was your vision about?" She seemed pleasantly curious, still young enough to have her genuine curiosity without filter.

Fearing she knew more than she possibly could, Cináed felt his blood drop to his feet. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Concern crossed her face as she tilted her head. "You had a vision. I've seen them before. We have a Grandmother that has them..." Her brows furrowed at the lion's obvious panic. "Didn't you... have one? It looked really scary for you. I was worried you needed some help, or someone to talk to."

Cináed shook his head with confusion. "What are you... talking about? Visions?" He took rapid steps towards the young lioness. "There someone here that has... visions?"

The lioness, now very worried, told him. "Yes. When God's have children... the children are seers. Didn't you... know?"

Cináed couldn't feel his nerves. It was like he was stunned with disbelief. "Gods...?"

"I.. think you should sit down."

[Epilogue: the young lioness (NPC) explains what Gods are to Cináed and essentially, he figures out he had a father that must have been a god. He doesn't know who, but that he wasn't just a freak and that were others like him out in the world.]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:55 pm
I'd like a ticket!

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 pm
Lioness' Name: Bhumi (meaning: earth, soil, sanskrit)
Personality: Bhumi is right to represent earth. Levelheaded, stable, and always steady, Bhumi is collected and rarely thrown off balance. Though quiet, she is filled with kindness, and would give the hide off her back for anyone in her pride. Not to say she doesn't like to cut loose. Playing in the dirt with peers and cubs has always been a favorite past time (note her dirty coat that gives the appearance she's been mucking about anyway!). It's also no secret.... Bhumi is a cuddler. It's difficult for her sleep if she doesn't have a body pressed against her at night, purring until she slips into slumber and is frequently going up to cubs and friends to give them affectionate licks on their cheeks or foreheads. Loving and in control, Bhumi feels her connection with earth above the others in nature, pulling her strength from her feet and into her heart.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 pm
Username: AstoriaFallen
Lioness' Name: Yggsdrasil
Personality: Yggsdasil, also known by Asil, is very much in tune to the earth and and essentially everything connected to nature. She is extremely fond of gardening and gathering herbs to store for various reasons. Since she's rather in tune with nature and the workings of things she usually makes for a pretty decent hunter and enjoys sharing her knowledge with others so as to help them become better as well. She is extremely forgiving and is quite kind when it comes to strangers, though that doesn't mean she'll put her guard down. While she's more than willing to assist anyone with anything she is fairly smart when it comes to ensuring one isn't being pulled over on her, though she does like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 pm
I'd like a ticket!
Username: Ellanoire

Someone gave me a name!
Username: Ellanoire
Lioness' Name: Uaine
Name Meaning: Green, Verdant