Submit

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:50 am
Starts: 11am EDT
Finishes: when two days have passed without a new post or 1 December

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:55 am
The Story

A thrall belonging to the reaver Iku-Turso (also goes by Turisas) is missing. As he had intended to make the thrall a gift to his lady love (even though she went and had cubs with a god!), he is understandably frustrated at the thrall's sudden disappearance.

Turisas needs your [Stormborn's] help in finding his wayward thrall and bringing her home.

Notes:
  • It's a rare sunny day, but it rained the night before, so there might be paw prints on the ground.
  • Since it rained last night, there might also be puddles. and/or slippery footing. Be careful!
  • There's a light breeze that can't seem to pick a direction, but you still might smell something.

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Myrsky Syntynyt rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:09 am
The Hunt

This is a hunting game!

There are two parts to it:
First, there's a dice roll which will determine your character's hunting success in that post.
Second, certain rolls have certain point outcomes, which are added to an overall point count, aiming for a total of 75 points
The thrall is found when the total points add up to 75.

In every post you will roll 1d6.
1 - Your character finds nothing. +1 points
2 - Your character follows a false lead. -1 point
3 - Your character finds clear traces of the thrall. +3 points
4 - Your character gets distracted. +0 points
5 - Your character finds a trace of the thrall. +2 point
6 - Your character finds a possible trace of the thrall. +1 point

Notes
  • Everyone who wants to participate can pick a single character to help Turisas in his hunt.
  • They can be of any rank.
  • If you don't have any Stormborn, you can participate with a non-lined species.
  • I strongly advise against bringing in rogues or SoA from other prides, unless you want people to consider bringing them home as thralls.
  • If the thrall is found within the first three pages, there's a bonus prize.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:13 am
The Prize

User Image

Every person who posts in this ORP gets one ticket per post which will go to a raffle to win this cub.

Notes
  • This cub is not the missing thrall.
  • This cub is born a thrall, although that may change depending on her owner, Lucivar (Tanakako).

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:01 am
User ImageSome lions might wonder why Turisas was willing to go to so much trouble to recover a thrall for a lioness who had never shown him anything but amusement in all the time he'd pursued her.

Some might say, "You know, Turisas, you've already given her one thrall, and that didn't win her over. In fact, that thrall is now helping her look after the cubs she had with some other lion." But Turisas would have punched those lions in their stupid faces.

He and Nadezhda were destined to be together. Destined!

And when he found his missing thrall again and brought her the thrall, she would finally realize that, and they would marry and have lots and lots of cubs as soon as possible.

First, he had to find the gods-bedamned thrall though.

"Thank you all for coming out to help," he said to the lions who had shown up. "I really appreciate it. This is very important to me, so let's go."

He wasn't really much good at making speeches, Turisas.

Total Points: 1

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:52 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Valka growled, she didn't understand the deal with Thralls and their suddenly gallivanting off in the hopes they might just forget them. It's like, we go through all this trouble to BRING YOU HERE, we don't want to let you go that easily. While she did see the appeal in the thrall having been a gift the whole ordeal was mildly amusing to her. At least it was giving her something to do.

So off she went to help find the creature. Had they even said what the thrall looked like? She figured at any rate it would be too easy to figure it out if she were the one to find them, so she wasn't exactly concerned. As she started on her search she was a little disappointed to find no trace so far. She couldn't exactly be faulted for that, it had rained pretty heavily and the ground was still wet and muddy. She was sure in time things would pick up and the thrall found.

Valka's Points: 1
Total Points: 2  

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Excited Apathy rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:07 am
...Really?

Tifu had a feeling this runaway thrall was touched in the head. How else would they be stupid enough to try to escape from the main pridelands? At least their owner kept it short and sweet, even if he was pretty lacking in details like...well, anything. Even a general fur color to look for might help. She'd have to hope that they were acting like anyone else desperately trying to escape notice--obviously furtive and suspicious in a pride full of the polar opposite. Her eyes scanned the ground, looking for tracks.

She found one or two, clear in the softened soil. "Hey, look here," she called out, waving a paw briefly at them. "Looks like they've been this way."

+3
Total Points: 5

Syrius Lionwing rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:14 am
SMM had heard about the escaped thrall. She had never owned a thrall though her mother seemed to be hoarding them of late. It amused her greatly. As her mothers waist line got larger it seemed the amount of males in her possession seemed to go up.

It was because of this that she had decided to start the hunt. The hunt for a Thrall, it sounded simply thrilling as a reaver a real hunt but not just any hunt a hunt for a lion.

SMM's Points : +3
Total points : 8  

Syrius Lionwing

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:39 am
Turisas was congratulating himself on his brevity, and also on the number of lions who had shown up to help him search, but his self-praise was short-lived as he realized he hadn't actually given them any details about the lion they were looking for.

"Hei!" he called, before anyone got too far away. "Some things I forgot to mention. We're looking for a male lion. With...er...dark-ish fur."

In fact, Turisas knew he would recognize the thrall if he saw it, but he couldn't recall that many details about the cursed creature. He would definitely remember more as the hunt progressed though, he was certain of it. Even if he just caught a whiff of the thrall's scent, that would help jog his memory.

He was absolutely convinced that they were looking for a male thrall though. And, yes, there were probably lions who would wonder at his confidence in gifting a male thrall to the lioness he loved. What if she falls for the thrall instead of you? they might ask. Turisas would laugh at the thought. Nadja was far too proper a lioness to do such a thing.

And if she did, he could always kill the thrall to take care of the problem.

Total Points: 9

OOC: I deliberately gave no hints as to the thrall's appearance. I'll be dropping more as we go. And once Photobucket lets me in to check my references.

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:17 am
I figured as much XD

Someone had found traces! This was good! It meant they weren't on some wild goose chase after all. It would seem, however that her luck with finding any trace of the creature was still non existent. Flicking her tail in agitation behind her she figured she'd start looking a little further away, but not before she caught a vague description, so Male, Darkfur. That's it. That's like HALF the pride but she knew who most of the freeborn were so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the thrall was if they came across him.

Valka's Points: 1
Total: 10  

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Syrius Lionwing rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 am
SMM raised a curious brow as she started to walk away. That description was so cryptic. A dark lion? Well there weren't thousands of those in the rogue lands. Shaking her head she decided to go ahead and follow the instructions any way. Maybe she would get something nice and shiny for her efforts and it was fun hunting a predator potentially as strong as her.

Smm points : +1
Total : 11  
AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 am
Syrius Lionwing
what does she look like? O_O I have no idea who your girl is lol

Valka decided she was going to at least join one of the others searching so she didn't get too bored during the hunt. "Hey, mind if I join you?" She called out to the female as she grew closer, however she caught track marks and some loose fur that was dark leading in a particular direction. "Hey! More tracks!" She called out, at least they were getting somewhere.

Valka's Points: 3
Total : 14

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Andranis rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:56 am
User Image Her mate was off bringing glory to his name, and Istif was here, busy finding a Thrall. The little wretch had vanished, escaped from the Reaver that had brought it in. She gave Tarisas a flat look, the best 'you idiot' look she could muster, "How did you even manage to lose a Thrall? And just what are we looking for, exactly?" Thralls, by her experience, had many looks. They had no one defining characteristic of coat color or pattern, and definitely not SPECIES. She'd seen all sorts in her life that were Thralls, from something as lowly as a leopard or cheetah to something like a lion. Which if this Thrall was a lion... That'd make it all the more challenging. And then he mentioned it. "Lion with dark-ish fur... HELPFUL."

[With an edit to account for there was one post when I hit Reply and only saw after, ROFL]  
Syrius Lionwing rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:56 am
AstoriaFallen
i cant get her pic off my bucket it's broke, again, ill post her pic soon as its working! She's the daughter of Nymphaea, she's chocolate brown and pink and green, her full name is Suklaa mintuu mansikka but she generally goes by SMM

The massive chocolate lioness gave a nod to Valka "Happily. I do enjoy a good hunt." She grins toothily a sparkle in her eyes. "Its been a while since i was able to come out and play properly, though the leader of this hunt, well, he's being a little cryptic."

She nods her head and sniffs at the fur that Valka found. "Seems legit, lead the way."

Syrius Lionwing

Andranis rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:03 pm
Tracks... She HAD found tracks, based in part from following somebody else's. Now she found herself quickly trying to find this lion. "Dark-ish fur... That's the least helpful thing I've ever heard." She turned and glared at Turisas, "Do you have ANY idea how many lions are in this pride that AREN'T Thralls, who have dark-ish fur? That's easily half the pride!" Granted, of course, they came in MANY colors and looks. But that didn't change the number of dark-ish male lions.

Gods, why was this getting to her so much today? Her frustration only gerew when she thought she'd found another lead, but it proved false. A large boulder near by looked quite ideal to bang her face against for a moment....

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff