Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:06 am
User Image

This amazing little bundle of blue fur is looking for a home.
The legendary Matifu is their great-grandfather.

The boring bit:
- She should remain in the pride, if she really wants to leave please PM Tanakako for plot approval. (She does have relatives outside the bonelands so it can be done.)
- Be polite blar blar blar...
- Can't think of anything else right now...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:06 am
User Image
Mum: Kopikala'nani called Kala for short, is the daughter of a Boneland son and a rogue female. Her earlier life was difficult, loosing her mother almost as soon as the two sisters were born. Laini tried his best to feed the tiny cubs on the milk of the prey beast mothers he killed but they were weakening. In desperation he brought the two girls to his own mother in the Bonelands so they would have a chance for survival. Both girls did survive, flourishing under Njalo's doting care. But the rest of the pride were wary of their blue fur. As they grew the two sisters were kept on the sidelines, forced to eat last, chased out of the big piles of sleeping pride-sisters and generally hassled and rebuffed. Kala is a small lioness as a result of both their early hardships and years of poor nutrition within the pride. But not all females shunned her and she has a very few close friends. One such is the part-firekin lioness Khanya, a powerful huntress whose no-nonsense manner helped Kala find her inner strength and who taught Kala how to hunt despite her colouration. Kala's speciality is fishing, using her blue fur as camouflage. This skill she will teach to both of her surviving daughters. [Tanakako]

User Image
Dad: Emrys was an Inselelo in the pride. He fought and defeated Gabedi and was later defeated by the latest Inselelo Tawa'shilah, a Firekin. Kala's pregnancy didn't show until long after the grey male was chased out of the pride, so Emrys doesn't know he left kids behind from his brief stint as Inselelo. [Silverlutz]

User Image

Middle Sister: Bheka (watch; take care of). Her mother's general lack of body condition due to her position within the pride, and with the added hardship of the recent drought led to this tiny cub being still-born.

User Image

Youngest Sister: Anashe
A sweet girl, she is very protective of her mother and sister for their more noticable blue colour. She learns her mother's unique fishing skills and also hunts with the other lionesses. She works extra hard to make sure her family eat well. The loss of her sister at birth hit her hard and has always been in influence on her throughout her life. [Tanakako]

.:Family Tree:.
Kala's Line:
Father: Laini`hatua
Sister: Ku`e Kaiulu
Uncle - Aunt - Aunt - Uncle - Aunt
Grandmother: Njalo-san
Grandfather: Matifu

Emrys' Line
Siblings: sister - brother - brother - sister - sister - brother
Parents: Mother & Father
Grandfather

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:18 am
Form:

[size=18][color=blue][b]I'm blue da ba dee da ba die!![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Name[/b]: (Must be in Zulu)
[b]Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]What does she think about being blue?:[/b]
[b]How does knowing she lost a sister at birth affect her?:[/b]
[b]Anything else:[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:18 am
Open!!!  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:41 am
I'm blue da ba dee da ba die!!
Name: Lakhula
Meaning: Blossom
Personality: Lakhula is outspoken for the fact that her colouring isn't exactly ideal for the pride. Lakhula refuses to let it get her down or be pushed aside. She loves her mother dearly and is irritated to no end that her mother has had such a poor life. Despite her small size she is bursting with personality and opinions.
What does she think about being blue?: She loves being blue!! She wants to stand out and be seen and noticed, she doesn't care that others don't think its ideal. She knows she is damn beautiful!
How does knowing she lost a sister at birth affect her?: She is devastated that she has lost a sister. She hates the way the pride allowed for one of its own to die. Its something she wants see changed in her life time, although it wont bring her sister back it will be something.
Anything else: I think she will likely join up with a group of lionesses (have to find them) who are outspoken and against the ways of the pride that she doesn't like.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:14 pm
Name: Akasongi
Meaning: she does not fold
Personality: Withdrawn, self-conscious, and self-deprecating, with a dry and morbid sense of humor that some may well find off-putting.  Despite having a few positive influences in her life, such as her mother and sister, growing up with so much overall negativity about her appearance will take its toll on her.  Rather than embracing being different, Songi wants desperately to fit in, to be just another cub, just another lioness, not...whatever she is.  She will endure regardless, but self-doubt will be her constant companion, and she will go through most of her life never quite comfortable in her own skin.
What does she think about being blue?: She hates it.  She'll try to put up a brave front for the sake of her mother and sister, but the truth is, being shunned and put down for her color will begin to wear on her more and more as she gets older.  If (almost) everyone says something is bad, it must be true, right?
How does knowing she lost a sister at birth affect her?: Since her sister was stillborn and thus, she never knew her, she won't be particularly hard-hit by it.  It's unfortunate, but for her, early proof that only the strong survive, and that maybe there's something to the pride's attitude towards unnatural colors, though she'll never say as much to her family. Despite viewing her own color in a negative light, she won't be be negative about her similarly-colored living kin, because above all she does care for them.
Anything else: Songi won't necessarily dislike herself forever, it will depend on plots and such.  

Meepfur
Captain

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:50 pm
Bump!

Also, I'm open for plottage with anyone in the family. Thuli (Umzingeli now) is mom's aunt. She is a traditionalist but opposes the idea that cubs of former Abaholi/Inselele should be treated differently. While her views have made her keep some distance from Laini's daughters, she will be very upset by the death of her great-niece. She will probably sneak some food to the cubs on occasion if mom (and Tana, lol) allows it...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:32 pm
Mogami
Bump!

Also, I'm open for plottage with anyone in the family. Thuli (Umzingeli now) is mom's aunt. She is a traditionalist but opposes the idea that cubs of former Abaholi/Inselele should be treated differently. While her views have made her keep some distance from Laini's daughters, she will be very upset by the death of her great-niece. She will probably sneak some food to the cubs on occasion if mom (and Tana, lol) allows it...

Tana would love family rp!!!! Maybe Auntie Thuli can visit with Kala and her babies. Poor mom needs some emotional support.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:17 pm
Emotional support and hunting lessons are on the way... =(  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:53 am
heart  

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:54 am
Name: Amahle
Meaning: Beautiful one (I imagine Kala naming her such to say that despite what others may think of her, she will always know Amahle is beautiful.)
Personality: Amahle is easily influenced by what others think of her and in a pride where nearly everyone scorns her for her fur color, has shaped her to become quite the anxious and uncertain thing. She tries her best for those who love her, because she is only truly content when she is with her family and out of the way of the judgemental pride. She tries to smile and say that nothing bothers her, she tries to listen to her fishing lessons, she tries to not let any discomfort on her face show around her family. Something deep within her tells her that she has to be strong, for the sister that didn't live and for the family that did, but it's so hard when (nearly) everyone hates you for the way you can't help but be.
What does she think about being blue?: She hates it. She doesn't think that "blue is beautiful" anymore, not since she faced the pride's judgement. She holds some jealousy for her sister who is mostly grey, because while her sister can go hunt with the other lionesses, Amahle believes that priveliege will never fall into her paws. Sometimes, when she's far from the pride and her family's eyes, she rolls around in dirt until her blue fur turns a muddy brown in hue. She doesn't know what she would feel if someone caught her doing that. Would she feel shame... Or pride?
How does knowing she lost a sister at birth affect her?: It affects her strongly, especially knowing her sister was just as blue as she was. While she tries not to let her color get to her, she has a quiet be
If that the malice of the pride took form against her sister's unnatural color and killed her. It will be her lifelong suspicion, whether she ever voices it or not, that one day, the same thing will happen to her.
Anything else: I'm not sure where I will want to go with her, it depends on plots. She may join up with a some lionesses that convince her her difference is great, or at the very least not as harmful as she thought (I know Lutz held a contest with a lioness who held these beliefs) or she may become the recluse of the pride. Who knows?
Thanks for the chance to win such a beautiful cub!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:02 pm
Name: Zenzile
Meaning: "You are responsible for what you've become."
Personality: There's a silence to her that few may mistake for fear or resignation, but truthfully, it is her inner strength that allows her to stand tall in the face of adversity and be the better lioness. She has a deadly sense of calm that very much shows in her posture and her gaze; sharp, hard and cold.

Besides... What could they say to her that she did not say to herself?

She loves her youngest sister for her protective nature, and the wing markings that decorate her baby sister simply proves to her that the youngest of them was born an angel.

She often wonders what their father was like, if he thought poorly of their mother for her coloration... if he looked like her youngest sister... if he knew about them... If he cared.

Despite the outer calm she projects and her deep seated apathy about the thoughts of those around her, and her deep love for both her mother and her sister, she has self-image issues. Her heart is guarded and her personality is very introverted. Outside of her family, it is rare to hear her speak. Rarer still to see her smile.

She is silent in objection of those around her. Those who think poorly of her, or treat her family poorly, do not deserve her attention or her voice. Her voice is for her family and her family alone.

Despite undoubtedly being bullied as a cub and into adulthood, she's not a bitter or violent lioness. She pours her frustrations into hunting, and of course fishing. She's a strong swimmer and there's something about disappearing into the cool water and drowning out the sounds of the world.

What does she think about being blue?: She's the color of the sky, far and wide, and the color of the river, ever moving, never constant. Part of her thinks that leaving the pride would be easier, but unless she was chased out, she would never leave her mother or sister. She loves them too deeply and fears too sharply for the well being of her mother. Blue is a color that mirrors sorrow, and while sometimes she feels the rest of the pride hates blue because it reminds them of the cold, empty sadness inside themselves, but she'd never say that... not to them.

How does knowing she lost a sister at birth affect her?: The knowledge that her sister died kills her. The knowledge that she was born first, that her sister, who's form grew beside her in the womb before they were born, was stillborn strikes a chord deep in her heart. She often wonders if the little one had been first born if she would have lived instead of died. Despite the pain the knowledge brings her, she believes their sister's spirit and strength was given to the youngest, to make her stronger, braver, and the best of all of them.

Anything else: She'll become a strong hunter, her small frame lending her a speed and grace that the larger lionesses have trouble matching, and she'll prove to them that she's as much a lioness as them and their words will never be enough to destroy her.  

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:56 pm
Mogami

-too lazy to PM- If you want to start one, I'll tag asap. Work is crazy right now, we are so short no staff, but I'm doing my best to keep up with pride meta stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:57 am
Tanakako
Mogami

-too lazy to PM- If you want to start one, I'll tag asap. Work is crazy right now, we are so short no staff, but I'm doing my best to keep up with pride meta stuff.

Bump!

Catch! *throws*
No rush with this one! I have a bunch of rps going on at the same time right now.  

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:05 am
Going to close this soon, so if you wish to, get your entries in. 3nodding  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers