Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:45 pm
User Image

Ubusika had found herself a nice spot sheltered from the wind and dug herself a shallow hole into the snow to settle in for a little while. She wasn't a particularly busy lioness, but it wasn't a particularly busy day either.. and settled down amidst the trees and snow was as nice a place as any to spend such a peaceful day.

Humming quietly to herself, she slowly began to drift off to sleep. Maybe it was really just a very good time to take a nap.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:05 pm
User Image

Yafeu and Feynlaatstrun were out walking about. Things were quiet lately, not that Yafeu minded. It was a nice change for once. He almost didn't see the lioness that was close by. He was busy trying not to step on Feyn, who happened to decide the best place to walk was right under his feet.

"Feyn, Move or I will step on you" he said with annoyed voice. He stopped walking after he spoke just so she'd not be under him anymore.

Feynlaatstrun turned and looked at him giving him a grin. "Well, if you didn't have such big feet." She started at him. Teasing, of course. In reality, he really didn't have big feet at all. But that didn't stop her from being a little sassy.  

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:55 am
Her ears twitched at the nearby sound of voices, though it took her mind a minute to catch up and fight off the drowsiness that was slowly consuming her. She blinked a few times and peered over the edge of her little shallow snow fort to see who was passing by. It wasn't anybody familiar, and that alone was enough to get Ubusika's attention.

She sat herself up, shaking off any snow that had fallen on her while she dozed, and watched the pair with a small smile. At this distance she didn't realize just how similar the two were, only that they matched well.

"Hello!" she called.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:10 pm
Yafeu didn't realize they weren't alone until he heard the voice. He peeked around, ignoring what Feyn had said to him. After all, he didn't want to say anything mean to her. Especially in front of a stranger. He nearly missed the lioness in the snow, She matched so well with it. "Hello there." She seemed familiar-ish, but he had not seen her before. He was sure.

He moved towards the lioness to get a better look and be polite to her. "I'm Yafeu and this is Feynlaatstrun" He said as he nudged to his hare companion.

Feyn had jumped. She wasn't expecting anyone. Not around here anyways. They hadn't really interacted with much of the pride, only when bringing back some food for the pride did they actually see anyone. Feyn decided it was time to change that. Even if Yafeu didn't like it. She grinned up at the lioness.
"Hello there!"

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:23 pm
Ubusika felt bad watching the hare jump- but she was getting used to it. They seemed to spook so easily and that wasn't her fault (she hoped)! With an apologetic smile and got up and moved out of her little shelter to get closer to chat with them.

"Wow, that's quite a mouthful," she said, scrunching up her nose at Feynlaatstrun's name, "My name is Ubusika. It's nice to meet you both."

She smiled, wondering if the hare had a nickname that was easier to say-- and finally got a good look and saw how closely the pair matched. She did a double-take, looking back and forth between lion and hare.

"You match!" she said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:41 pm
"It's a pleasure meeting you, Ubusika." Her name was more familiar to him now, but he didn't want to ask about it. He was pretty sure there was a princess with that name, but he never paid attention to that sort off thing.

Yafeu shrugged at her surprise of Feyn's name. He hardly even called her that anymore. He smiled at the lioness and didn't notice that Feyn had jumped at all. "I just call her Feyn" he nodded then looked down at his little friend. "She's a paw full, either way." He never realized how much they looked alike. Then again, he never actually looked at himself too much.

"We do?" He asked. He looked down to her and then at his paws. He supposed they resembled each other fairly good. He wasn't sure though. He gave a chuckle. "I Suppose we do a little."

Feyn giggled. "Feyn is just as good." She nodded agreeing with Yafeu. "That way it's a lot harder to mess up." She nodded. Though not that she cared if someone did.

"More than a little, Yafeu." She said to him. They were almost twins in a way. Which she thought was always pretty cool. Is one reason she decided to latch on to this lion. IT was quite strange though. She wondered if a goddess had anything to do with that? Or if it was just random chance.

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:49 pm
'Feyn' was indeed a much easier name and she mentally put it away for later reference if necessary, now fully absorbed in the conversation about how well the two of them matched. She gave Yafeu a stunned look when he shrugged it off as just a little bit of a match, and then looked back to Feyn with an affirmative nod when she argued.

"That's amazing," she said, "Would you believe you're not the first I've seen? How often does this happen, I wonder! And why!"

It couldn't be a coincidence, could it? Were these lions blessed? Or the hares?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:03 pm
Yafeu knew of a few lions that matched their hares, and to him it wasn't too much of something to wonder. Though now that they were on the subject, it did seem kind strange and interesting. He gave a shrug." I know of a couple who do." Other than himself, he meant. He still wasn't convinced that him and Feyn looked so much alike. Though she insisted he did, and so did the other one. Perhaps they did.

"I don't know why, or how." He started, "maybe a blessing" Or a curse in some causes. He gave a smirk to his own thoughts but didn't say it. "I'm sure it's just a Coincidence." Then again, what did he know. He never questioned such things. He was just glad to have Feyn... most the time.

Feyn giggled. "Well, maybe it's just how it works." She said with a nod. "Like everyone finds their perfect companion and they tend to match." She wasn't sure, but it seemed like good logic to her! Like Yafeu said, there were quite a handful that had it like that. Even Urza had two hares that looked like himself.

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:22 pm
"Swara said the same thing," Ubusika said thoughtfully, though shaking her head, "It can't just be a coincidence. Maybe it is a blessing, a way to know when you've found your companion."

Her father's bunnies didn't even cross her mind. Maybe she had never noticed, or maybe it was easier to write it off as a coincidence where her father, herself and a few of her siblings were so simply marked. Had she ever come across a bunny that matched her so well and not realized it? That thought occurred to her and she didn't like it.

"You two are even more impressive than Swara and Pepo were," she said brightly, "Your stripes are beautiful, and they really do match so well. There's no mistaking whose lion and whose hare you are."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:08 pm
Yafeu was taken aback by her comment. He never had been called impressive before. He cleared his throat and laughed a little. "Easy, now." He said with a smirk. "You might give Feyn an ego boost." He said jokingly. He was trying to make the situation a little less awkward for himself. He didn't know how to handle compliments very well. They didn't come at him often. Not that if they did, he'd handle them any different. "I'm sure they're just as impressive in their own way" He said more on a serious note.

"Thank you...I guess." he said with an awkward grin.

Feyn giggled. She knew how uncomfortable this was making Yafeu. For her, it was quite enjoyable. She loved hearing the words flow out of the female before them. "Hey!" She said to Yafeu. "Just accept the compliment, Yafeu" She said with a grin. "Thank you, Ubusika" She said politely. "I am sure you will find your perfect hare too!" She said with a nod.

Someone like her was bound to find the best hare for her. She just knew it. Of course, Feyn was more of a romantic that her companion was.

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:04 pm
The lioness snickered at his reaction to the comment. Their furs matched but, at least superficially, their personalities were not so perfectly aligned. Of course, there might have been other reasons he fumbled while Feyn laughed. Ubusika didn't overthink it.

"I don't need to wander far on my own so I'm not in any rush," she said, "But maybe I will find my perfect match. Maybe that's why I don't have a companion yet."

As of now, she was absolutely convinced she would have no companion until it was the one that matched her perfectly. And as she carried on about her business in the pride, she'd see more and more of the trend and realize that maybe she overreacted to the sight of matching pairs.. but while her deficiency was on her mind, it was something she obsessed over.

"It was nice talking to you both, I'm sorry I distracted you from wherever you were going," she said.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:15 pm
Yafeu gave a small chuckle, this lioness was sure a strange one. Then again, he was probably just as strange to her. He wondered how many thought him strange.... No matter. "Rushing stuff is never good." He nodded at her in agreeing that she shouldn't rush anything. Yafeu wasn't as young as he use to be, but he supposed he wasn't old either...

"You haven't distracted us from anything" There really hadn't been anything they were really doing. Perhaps they should go on a hunt soon though. It was getting that time of year that food was scarce more than normal.

Feyn nodded at the lioness, though she wasn't sure what else to add with that. There were a lot of lions without hares, though she kinda wondered how they felt about the ones who have found a companion already. She wanted to ask, but it wasn't a very nice thing to ask. The lioness seemed at awe with the pair of them, and it got her curious. "Though, when you do find a hare, I would totally like to meet them!"

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 pm
"That's a relief," she said, smiling when assured that she had not taken up any time that ought to have been dedicated to something else. It was something she was sure she did far more often than she realized and that came back to not having a hare keeping her company, not wandering far and not actively seeking to hunt regularly for the pride.

"I would like that too, Feyn," she added, beaming down at the hare, "You're both so kind, I'd be lucky to have you as friends."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:54 pm
Yafeu smiled at her to assure her she had nothing to worry about. "You shouldn't worry so much." he said to her. She seemed the type to worry a bit. Maybe she wasn't, but that was what he got from her from this encounter. "If we were busy, you'd have not seen us." He said with a chuckle. "We tend to keep to ourselves." He added looking to Feyn.

He did that more often than he should have. It was nice running into another, more than he expected it to be anyways. "You can call us friends." he decided it had a nice ring to it. It had been a while since he could call another lion a friend.

Feyn grinned huge. "Yes! Friends!" She was excited to have a new friend. "We could do more things together, and stuff!" all the possibilities running through her head at that moment. Oh! The fun they could have! "Luck has nothing to do with friendship!" She said with a smile. "and you're very kind too!"

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:02 pm
She beamed at them both.

"Maybe not, but it sounds like it was lucky I was hiding out here today," she said, "What rank are you? I could use more practice at just about everything, having friends to do that with will make it easier."

Ubusika really ought to have made more of an effort to join the Snowmen more but it was just so easy .. not to. She wasn't qualified to be a Snowflake and she always just got in the way of the Guards and Angels. A friend would indeed be a great help in any case.

[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff