Welcome to a world of stealth! {Closed} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:50 pm
User Image

These cubs are the first “official” litter born to the Isoba. They are expected to remain with the I/T pride.

~ Rules ~
~ Please don’t skimp on the personality as we will be judging heavily on that and the prompt reply!
~ We would like the cubs to have a water themed name.
~ Anyone may enter, including colorists/staff.
~ Play nice. Don’t discourage anyone.
~ You may work with someone in tandem for the boys. Mention who you are working with in the other section so we can consider your entries together.
~ You may enter for both, but can only win one.

Starts: Now!
Ends: 9/30 @ 11 pm PST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:18 pm
~ Family ~

User Image (Fairy Snails)- to come
User Image (magna)- Eager to see her pride succeed, she devotes plenty of time to her work as an apothecary. Meltem had a fling with a handsome male who she met passing through. Now she’ll devote her time to her cubs.
User Image Bulabule (Kathryn Dragonna)- First born daughter and first born.
User Image Aysu (Fairy Snails)- Third born son.
User Image Itsaso (magna)- Last born, and second daughter.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:41 pm
These Ocean Ninjas are going to need good homes!

Brother 2- second born son
User Image

Brother 3- third born son
User Image

Form:
[b][color=aqua]Cub you’re going for:[/color][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b] # and reply

[b]Plots:[/b] (optional)
[b]Other:[/b]
[b]Are you ok remaining with the pride?[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:44 pm
~ The Prompts ~

The prompt is an important part of this. We want to see the cub's personality played out in it. If you choose to pick your own prompt, please make sure it relates to the family/pride in some way. You may ask questions about family or pride if you have an idea and wish to see if it'll fit.

Without further ado~

Prompts:
1- Meltem is showing the cubs the varieties of familiars in the pride. How do the encounters go? Is there a specie they favor more than the others?

2- What rank or goal aspirations does he have? Why?

3- Despite being there for your birth, your father isn’t around. How do you feel when he suddenly shows up for a day, then vanishes once more?

4- Open: come up with your own or mix-n-match.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:53 pm
OPEN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:53 pm
Cub you’re going for: Brother 3
Name: Narayan
Meaning: moving water
Personality: Ayan is very forgiving in nature and isn't afraid to show his emotions, even if they're not the best for the situation. He's a very, live in the moment, sort and won't let what ifs or could haves get in hi way. He will be very calm in demeanor and won't get riled up too easily but he will lash out if you push hi too far.
Prompt: 3.
So his father had decided to finally grace them with his presence and for that he had felt extremely fortunate. While he wasn't aware of situations outside of his own with an absent father he felt as though getting to see him for just the one day was a blessing enough. However, that joy he had felt when he was there was now replaced with anger and sadness. Why did he have to leave? Why couldn't he stay? Was he going to come back.

With a small growl in frustration he paced back and forth in an agitated manner. He wasn't used to understanding this type of emotion. He wasn't equipped to deal with it just yet. Flicking his tail behind him he swiped at a small rock, pushing it away from him in an angry manner. What was this he was feeling. It was a sense of loss, a deep sinking feeling within his chest and he didn't like it. He wanted it to go away. While he was glad to have seen his father he didn't want him to come back if it was going to feel this way every time. Pure joy replaced by seething pain shortly after. While he didn't hate his father and forgave him he didn't like the feelings he was having to process right now. He'd never hate him but he hoped that he didn't come back until he was older and could deal with these emotions better.

Plots: I WANT ALL PLOTS> ALL OF THEM -steals-
Other: ILU OKAY! <3
Are you ok remaining with the pride? YES  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:55 pm
Cub you’re going for:Brother 2
Name: Akvarele
Meaning: Watercolor
Personality: Just like a watercolor canvas, his personality is free flowing and calm as it comes. He enjoys the little things in life, always trying to give a positive flow on the things around him. He takes nothing for granted and knows hard work will always pay off on the end. Akvarele will be the one that will be there for anyone of his pride mates in the long run. He loves the nature around him and knows everything has a purpose in life. A wise way of nature for a young cub at heart. He is very adventurous as well, always looking for something new to find so he can learn everything he needs to.
Prompt: Prompt 2;

Looking over the lands with his new sense of life, Akvarele wanders over to the edge of the rock to get a closer look at the land. Loving his life as a lion, watching the life of African bustle alive, he ponders where in this lifetime is he destined to go. Being second born son, he knows he would have to work harder than his older sibling for him to achieve the high status as pride leader. Whether he becomes pride leader, or becomes a wise old lion, telling tales of missions passed, he knows this lifetime will be one he will not regret. Akvarele gazes over the lands for his first tale of time, until he lands on a bug, wrapping itself in a shell like substance. How odd?

Wandering over to the animal, he watches as it encloses itself in this cocoon like structure. The world is so mysterious in many ways and Akvarele is bound determined to find out everything he can. All of a sudden, his purpose in life dawns on him. "I'll be a scout for my pride when I get older! That way I can search for new things to tell the pride!" With his new found sense of being, Akvarele wanders pack towards his mother to tell her the good news. This is what his destined life is to become for this adventurous little cub.

Plots: Open for anything, but looking to keep him in the pack as a scout where he comes back with all this stories of missions passed!
Other: Thanks for the opportunity!
Are you ok remaining with the pride? Absolutely!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:59 pm
Cub you’re going for: Brother 3
Name: Povu
Meaning: Foam, Swahili (think sea foam)
Personality: Like his name, Povu is soft and bubbly. He likes to spend his time with his family above everything else and is very soft spoken, very rarely raising his voice unless to make a noise of disconfort. This happens often, as Povu thinks himself to be a fragile thing. He refuses to do any sort of rough housing and likes to keep his paws clean and his fur tidy. The only thing he doesn't seem to mind are his mother's herbal mixes.
Prompt: 1

Povu had been excited to go out and about within the pride. He often kept so close to his mother's side that he never thought much about the rest of the pride, aside from his siblings of course, but now that she was taking them all out, he was more than happy to acknowledge everyone. He spent ages making sure that he looked presentable to anyone who walked by, after all, ego knew who might notice him?

His mother was talking about various familiars to his other siblings, but Povu had started to stray towards the back to look at everyone. Once he realized he was falling behind he ran to catch up to his family, nearly causing Meltam to stumble from behind so close underfoot. He smiled apologetically at her and she continued, pointing out a large black lion and a long scaly thing beside him.

He was about to ask what it was beside the lion when one of his faster, louder siblings beat him to it, as usual. He didn't mind as his mother explained that that was a snake. She went onto talking more about what snakes were as she led his siblings on towards a serval, but Povu was fixed on the snake. It was mesmerizing and he knew in an instant that when he was older that he was gonna do whatever it took to get one of his own. Even if he had to roll in dirt to do it.

Plots: I would like him to follow the path of his mother in the apocathery. Otherwise family and pride plots!
Other: Thanks for the chance to win one of these beautiful cubs!
Are you ok remaining with the pride? Yes!  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:58 pm
Cub you’re going for: Brother 2
Name: Kaiga
Meaning: “Shore” (Japanese), both because of his appearance and because he’s to become a strong lion who protects the pride from danger (safe land near dangerous waters)
Personality: Quiet and polite but stubborn once he gets something on his mind. Very clumsy on his paws throughout most of his youth, Kaiga will feel self-conscious and constantly strive to improve his abilities. He’ll put on a brave front but Kaiga will have confidence issues until he grows into his big paws. Because he feels he resembles his father the most (with daddy’s stripes and dark mane), he’ll also be very attached to a fantastic image he created of him - a figure he has to live up to at all costs. His mother’s influence will turn him into a devoted warrior of the pride, who has a very clear sense of right and wrong while also drawing Kaiga towards those who use the results of his mother’s craft to heal fellow pride members.
Prompt: 4 (mix & match)
Kaiga turned his head so his mother wouldn’t see his expression, one paw playing with a pebble, distractedly. He really didn’t want mom to see him looking so miserable but he couldn’t help it. Dad had left again. Kaiga really thought that if he showed his father the things he’d been learning, how good he was with the familiars of the pride, that he was on his way to become a strong Dagrún... that Ceto wouldn’t have left. Maybe it was because Kaiga had tripped again during training, or because his teacher’s snake familiar had hissed at him when he’d forgotten to do a proper greeting… Either way, he was gone again and while mom would probably tell him that such thoughts were silly, Kaiga couldn’t shake the feeling that his father would’ve stayed if only he was somehow… better. As he placed his paw over his father’s much larger imprint, he sighed deeply. One day, he was going to be just as big and strong, too! He would make mom proud and keep the pride safe at all times. And maybe, just maybe, the family would be complete then. Shaking his head out of those heavier thoughts, Kaiga nodded to himself, firmly.
“I’m going to see the maned wolf litter. Okay?” He told his mother, running off after being dismissed. Even if Kaiga was hoping to find an avian companion who could help him with his future duties, he was drawn to the adorable tiny furballs that had been born recently. It was unlikely he’d bond with one as they were a little too wild but the the pride was hoping at least one of the pups would stay. The young cub liked to watch over the small pups because, really, there weren't many creatures smaller than Kaiga and his siblings around at the moment and the cub greatly enjoyed taking on a protective role. It was practice, after all. And... well, those pups were really, really cute, not that the cub blue was willing to publicly admit it anytime soon.
Plots: I can see him trailing after any adult that will tolerate it hoping to get extra lessons, seeking male role models, badgering mom with questions about dad, some eureka moment when he stops being a gangly adolescent and turns into a graceful fighter…
Other: I have one lion a leopon in the pride that’d I’d probably use to better flesh out his character.
Are you ok remaining with the pride? Yup, that’s the whole whole point!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm
Cub you’re going for: Brother 3!

Name: Nuraahti (Nur for short)

Meaning: This is a combination of two names; Nur is turkish for light, and Ahti is the name of the Finnish God of oceans, rivers, and fishing.

Personality: Nur is a cub that clings to his mother's side when at all possible. He enjoys following right on her heels and talk to her about everything that pops into his inquisitive head, despite that he is a quiet soul to much of anyone else. As he grows, his attachment to Meltem will be established to be from having a lack of a father figure in his life (see prompt). His curious mind will grow into an adult who thrives in knowing. He will seek answers to many questions, especially those about the ocean and its secrets. Nur thus finds it difficult to aspire to a particular rank within the pride. He would prefer to understand the immediate world around him with the intent to use that information to help his family and pride. The closest position to that would be apothecary, like his mother, but it wouldn't be quite fulfilling as he'd like. He would petition the leader, eventually, to allow him the liberty to understand more about things that could benefit the pride (similar to a scientist or researcher). In the end, he would aspire to eventually understand enough of the world to feel confident in rising in rank to become a Rúni.

Prompt:
Prompt #3
Nur yawned a wide squeak and attempted to clear his blurry eyes at the sound of a deep voice. Deeper than he was used to in the morning, at least, when Nur slept curled in his mother's nook. She'd left his side before he'd woken, he realized. Sitting up and looking for Meltem, the cub cocked his head at the voice again, not really listening to the words. Curious, he stretched into an upright position and padded toward the voice. He noticed the scent of Meltem as he went, popping around the corner to see a large lion he was unfamiliar with. Some of his siblings were sniffing him curiously, and his sister had already taken to chasing after the tuft of hair on his tail. His mother looked polite and unruffled, so Nur felt no obligation to object to the lion's being there... but he still felt an odd sensation stir. He was too young understand just yet, but it was anger that was boiling deep in his round tummy at the sight of this unknown lion. Frustrated, he padded over to his mother and plopped down between her front legs and stared up at her as if, "okay, I'm here for my morning bath, please." When his mother smiled down at him, but then resumed conversing with this unknown male, Nur wrinkled his nose with a humph.

"Hey there little guy." With a c**k of his ear, Nur realized this guy was now talking to him. He didn't respond, and instead burrowed deeper into the embrace of his mother and glared at the lion from around her arm. He didn't like him being here, not one bit.

After his mother and the male's continued conversation--seriously this guy would not leave--it turned out he was his... Dad? Or something? Nur figured he just didn't have one, that Meltem was all they had. The idea was not the excite that some of his siblings felt. Instead it was further irritation. He seldom spoke to the male, only in forced murmurs and tended to just stick with Meltem to ensure she was okay with the male being here suddenly. It was then no surprise, or disappointment, when Nur woke the next morning to find the lion had gone. With a satisfied nod, as if Nur's reluctance to like the lion was therefore justified, or even contributed, to the lion's absence once more. He didn't need him. Meltem was more than enough.

Plots: c: Everything mentioned in Nur's personality that relates to exploration or finding satisfaction in understanding the world around him is centrally what his plots would consist of (at least that I have established at this point. xDa).

Other: I really wanted to find a meaning for his name that incorporated light, or bright, because of how light colored his pelt is while still incorporating the pride's love of the ocean, hence why I created him a unique, combined name. I hope that's okay! I also wanted to answer the questions about rank, but not so much in the prompt reply so I included it in his personality. Also I love his dual eyes, omfg. >u>

Are you ok remaining with the pride? I am!  

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:43 am
Cub you’re going for: brother 3
Name: kamalo or "Kai"
Meaning: Hawaiian for rising tide
Personality: He's like a philosopher, always thinking of the world around him. He wonders why they are alive. He doesn't voice his thoughts much, and fades into the distance. He's very nice, kind, and gentle. He tends to forgive others easily. Sometimes he forgives too easily. He's also a bit of a coward, and looked down upon on. He's been trying to overcome his fears, but would rather just disappear.

Prompt: 3
'Dad?' I've never had a chance to know mine. Never seen him, not once. I've only heard stories of his courage, pride, and strength. My mom tells me he loves us, but where is he now? Maybe he doesn't love us. Mom would not lie, right? Maybe she just wants to believe he loves us.

It seems like forever since the day I was born, the first time I've "met" my father. Today was the second. Like water raining down on the sky he comes to us. He, who has beautiful markings, and a strong look in his eyes, came to see us today. When my mom introduced us, Mom looked overjoyed and my siblings curious. Me? I was overcome with joy and anger. Joyful that he was here. Angry that he never really cared enough to see us. Why...did he just come? Would he stay? Son, he called me, but what was I really to him? I clamber over to him, half growling. I think he sensed my anger and confusion, but he never said a word about it. We had fun that day, playing and pouncing. I sensed love and care from him, but that was not enough. I want him to stay, for mom and all of us. "Dad, can u stay?" He gave no reply.

The next day he was gone like the wind. In his short visit, he just blew by. I knew he wasn't going to be back for a long time, but I longed for the next day of his visit. He did love us enough to watch us grow up, from the distance, and so I will wait.

Plots: ? None
Other:
Are you ok remaining with the pride? yes  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:56 am
Cub you’re going for: Brother 2
Name: Leith
Meaning: Celtic name meaning "flowing water"
Personality: Leith is devoted to his family's safety above all else. Fiercely protective and stepping up as the male role model (despite what his older siblings might have to say about it) he is determined to guard his family from any sort of harm. While he tries to remain a calm, knowledgeable sort, however, he does have an underlying temper that gets the best of him more often then not. It his something he considers to be his worst flaw and he works hard to get rid of it, which is not as easy as it seems.
Prompt: 3

For all that he tried, Leith couldn't figure out why his father had suddenly appeared. He stared at the larger lion with a look of bewilderment on his young face. What did Ceto want? Was he coming to join the pride? Was he going to try and steal Leith or one of his siblings? Leith's fur ruffled at the thought. What a horrible idea! If his father tried to steal any of them away he would cause the biggest stir in the pride and then Ceto would surely pay for it! The tiny growl that had begun to build in this throat died. No, his father was likely just visiting to glance over how his cubs were growing. He likely wouldn't stay long at all. Leith didn't mind. His father was less than a ghost of a thought most days. With his family and pride to protect, Leith didn't put much time into entertaining silly thoughts of how his father was doing.

The next morning, as he expected, his father had gone and with him, Ceto took any more than a passing thought that Leith may have had for him.

Plots: Family and Pride RP.
Other: Thank you for the chance to win these cubs!
Are you ok remaining with the pride? Yes!  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:35 am
Snails and I will be judging. ^_^ Thank you everyone for entering.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:51 am
With only a slight delay, here's our winners! I want family rp with you both! <3 Thank you everyone for entering. I hope you'll stick around for future contests or throw someone into the pride. ^_^

Mogami
Cub 2- Let me know what future rank you'd like him to have. ^_^

belloblossom
Cub 3

magnadearel

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:15 am
Wheeeee! heart heart heart

Gebhuza is getting a stalker! =D  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]