Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Third Place Battle: Marco vs Kirsi Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:10 pm
▄ █ ◓𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊◓ █ ▄

WELCOME CHALLENGERS!

We wish both participants luck and to remember the rules of the tournament:
▶ Single Elimination Round No Substitutions Allowed.
▶ No Use of Items During Battle ((Items should have been used during the prep before the round began))
▶ Show Respect For Your Fellow Competitor!
▶ Remember the Rules of Battle! For a refresher take a look HERE as well as HERE.

TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 10, 6, 5, 1, 7, 10, 4, 2 Total: 52 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:18 pm
User ImageUser ImageKIRSImmrhodes
mm >>tUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kirsi barely even knew who she was facing. Marco? She hadn't really met him at all. He had a charmander, though, which meant Kirsi couldn't really use most of her attacks. Not like she really felt like trying to get fancy or anything. Since she had already lost, she was resisting back into the contest because otherwise she risked getting upset again. Not to mention, she had to come up here where the whole crowd (that knew she had already lost) could watch her.

Kirsi got a good idea. She released Chance and called him to her. Petting him always calmed her down. "I know we lost, but we have to battle again. Is that okay, Chance?" Chance whuffed, his tail beginning to wag. Kirsi hugged him. "Thanks Chance. Just do your best." Kirsi gave him one last pat and then stood.

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Pokemon: Growlithe - Chance
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Level: 10
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Intimidate
    Experience: 500/1000
    Move Set:

► Bite [60] | Dark | Physical | Makes Contact | 30% chance to flinch target | 100% Acc
        ► Roar | Normal | Status | Forces wild pokemon to flee and trainer pokemon to switch out | 100% Acc
        ► Ember [40] | Fire | Special | 10% Chance to burn | 100% Acc
        ► Leer | Normal | Status | Lower's opponent's defense one stage | 100% Acc

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :
    ↦ Cheri Berry
    ↦ Persim Berry x2
    ↦ Chesto Berry x2
    ↦ Pecha Berry

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability
    User Image x Soothe Bell

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
    User Image x 8
    User Image x Ivysaur Plushie
    User Image x Charizard Plushie
    User Image x Venusaur Plushie
    User Image x Moon Stone Ticket

Shadow of Miracles

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Shadow of Miracles rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 1, 5, 8, 2, 2, 6, 6, 9 Total: 51 (10-100)

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi
I am learning to be strong

Marco walked down the path leading to his battle with Murkrow and Charmander by his side. The two pokemon were looking their most serious to match with Marco's own seriousness. This time, they would focus solely on the battle and push away any other outside thoughts. Once he reached the battlefield, he took a deep breath and then sighed. His opponent was a classmate named Kirsi which he had never met before. This battle was already different and at least he didn't have to worry about fighting an acquaintance or a friend. Nonetheless, he would show respect to his opponent and bowed to them. "My name is Marco Guerrero Katsuragi...let's have a good battle." This was the first time that his voice didn't break nor did he sound nervous. Even the eyes of the audience did not bother him that much anymore. He could see her pokemon which was a dog pokemon with orange-red fur; a Growlithe.

"A fire-type Pokemon..." Marco muttered to himself. He had already battled against a fire Pokemon and barely managed to win. There were only so many attacks that he could use against a Pokemon that shared his Charmander's typing. This battle was going to be difficult. All he could do now was wait for the referee to announce the start of their battle. Charmander stepped forward while Murkrow stepped back to give them room. Just how would this battle go?

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 16
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
Held-Item:
Experience: 250/1000
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 8
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Insomnia
Experience: 0/1000
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
        User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 pm
Shadow of Miracles
TheWhiteDragonfly

User Image
Olivier the Referee

Olivier entered the battlefield with a confident smile on his face. This was his true calling: Official Pokemon Battle Referee. If there was a battle happening then he would be there to judge the battle. This was an important job in a world where Pokemon Battles were so dominant. Olivier was happy to be part of this tournament and if Lamia District officials had not asked him then he surely would have walked up to them and asked to volunteer. He was here now and he would be performing his job with pride! The competitors had entered the battlefield meaning it was time to get this battle rolling.

"This battle is about to get underway! The competitors are summoning their Pokemon right now. A hot battle will soon commence so trainers get ready!" Olivier spoke with a clear voice into the mic that was on his ear. This allowed everyone in the stadium to listen to his voice. Once both trainer and pokemon were ready, Olivier raised his red and green flag in the air.

"Let the battle...begin!"

==========

(Since dragon's roll was higher, Krisi will be going first 3nodding Good luck!)

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:30 pm
mm >>tUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When Marco bowed, Kirsi wondered if she should do the same. Not wanting to look insensitive, she bowed back. "I'm Kirsi. Kirsi Rhodes." It helped a lot that Marco was someone she didn't know, but knowing that he had lost too and that they were both fighting to not lose again was threatening to grip Kirsi with the hot desire to win. She didn't like how she got when she lost, bitter and ungrateful, but she couldn't help it. Just like she couldn't help getting competitive. I'll just have to win, then...

"Okay Chance, we've done this before. Start the battle with leer!" Chance barked and hunkered down, eyes glaring an unsettling red. Between that and his intimidate ability, Kirsi was once again trying to use the tactic of unsettling her opponent as much as possible right from the start. Also, she knew that she could only use bite for good damage since that charmander was a fire type. Bite was a physical attack, so she definitely wanted to use leer to lower charmander's defense before she started attacking. Kirsi wondered what other kinds of moves Chance could learn. She hadn't paid enough attention to it before, and she hadn't really understood the benefits and negatives of different moves. Like roar, which was useless in a one-on-one fight. Or how leer was helpful, but only affected bite, and how ember wasn't as strong as she thought it was.

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

► Bite [60] | Dark | Physical | Makes Contact | 30% chance to flinch target | 100% Acc
        ► Roar | Normal | Status | Forces wild pokemon to flee and trainer pokemon to switch out | 100% Acc

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :
    ↦ Cheri Berry
    ↦ Persim Berry x2
    ↦ Chesto Berry x2
    ↦ Pecha Berry

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:16 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

The battle had begun and right off the bat, Charmander stumbled back from the intense feeling he felt due to Intimidate. Certain pokemon asserted authority which made other Pokemon nervous; they were the pokemon with the ability Intimidate. Charmander tried to shake off the feeling, but he felt his attack decreasing. Kirsi's Growlithe would be making the first move and the dog pokemon was ordered to use Leer. Charmander shivered from the look he was receiving. Those piercing eyes made the fire pokemon uncomfortable and he felt his body shaking momentarily. This first part of the match was a mental battle with Charmander having to endure the effects of Intimidate and Leer; a dangerous combination. Marco noticed his Pokemon's discomfort and he knew that they were already at a disadvantage. He would need to come with a plan to level the field since at the moment, things were looking greatly in Kirsi's favor. If this was part of her strategy then it made perfect sense why she made it this far, but Marco had some strategies of his own.

"Charmander, shake it off and use Smokescreen!" Marco spoke their first move. If Charmander was feeling uncomfortable by Growlithe then covering the dog pokemon in smoke should make it easier for Charmander to battle. The fire lizard released a thick smoke from his mouth which engulfed Kirsi's side of the field; Growlithe would be having a hard time giving dirty looks now (Marco hoped). Charmander jumped back to gain some distance from his opponent and waited for their next move. Smokescreen was not a guarantee success as his previous battles had proven that Pokemon broke through the smoke relatively easy. Nonetheless, this placed some pressure on his opponents since the possibility of missing an attack existed. Charmander only had two reliable moves that would work against the Growlithe since fire attacks and physical attacks were now out of the question. Marco took another deep breath, he needed to remain focus and try to enter that state of mind that he had when battling Faye and Tera.

==========

- Smokescreens lowers accuracy of all moves by 10%

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-20)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:35 pm

By the way Marco's Charmander was backing up, Kirsi could tell it was unnerved. That was good. Anyone who had made it this far must be good- after all, Maria had been a really strong battler, and Marco was probably just as good, even if he did lose his battle. Kirsi believed her battle could have easily gone the other way if Chance had possessed more luck with flinches than Lillipup, so she had to assume Marco's last match had been the same. But Kirsi couldn't be too wary- Chance's only attack forced him to take on the offensive and go in for close combat.

Marco didn't waste time throwing out his own attack to mess with Kirsi and Chance's balance. A huge cloud of smoke billowed from Charmander's mouth, enveloping her side of the field and Chance along with it! "Chance!" Kirsi heard him bark once, mostly in response but also to let her know how much he needed a command right now. He was thrown off by the smoke, sneezing it out of his poor sensitive nose. Their best bet was for Chance to get out of that smoke and try to use his speed to get in close as soon as he was free from the cloud. "Chance, run a little to the side, and then forward, out of the cloud!" Kirsi purposely didn't specify which direction he should run- that way, Marco and Charmander could probably be kept guessing right up until Chance broke free of the smoke. "When you get out, use bite on Charmander!"

Chance broke out of the smoke, eyes narrowed and coated with soot around the edges. He tried to find Charmander, swinging his head in the likely direction. Without stopping in his run, he swung around towards his opponent and opened his mouth wide, lunging for a bite.

[ Chance used Bite, 30% chance to flinch. 1st die = no flinch, 2nd die = attack hits ]

Battle Summary

Chance's Intimidate lowers Charmander's attack

Chance used Leer, Charmander's defense lowered
    Charmander used smokescreen, Chance's accuracy Lowered

Chance used Bite. Hit, No Flinch

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :
    ↦ Cheri Berry
    ↦ Persim Berry x2
    ↦ Chesto Berry x2
    ↦ Pecha Berry

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:24 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

The Smokescreen had done its job and Growlithe was now pacing about in a cloud of smoke. Charmander could still see Growlithe fairly well unlike the dog pokemon who should be having trouble finding him now. Marco was feeling a little better about their situation now, but the battle had just begun and who knows what could happen. Nonetheless, it was Kirsi's turn to make a move and it seemed like they had both finished with mind games. Growlithe was given his next command and told to charge from a random location. Charmander could still see the Growlithe so the question was whether the fire-dog pokemon could see him. Marco's eyes widen when Growlither ran out of the smoke to come and find Charmander. So far, Charmander had been faster than all of his opponents, but this was the first time that he found an opponent that could actually match his speed. This caught Charmander off-guard which was a grave mistake as he was bitten by the Growlithe. Charmander cried out in pain.

"Charmander shake him off!" the fire lizard tried his best, but dog pokemon's teeth were really gripping his arm tightly. Charmander was in pain, but he was also starting to feel really mad. Marco noticed the fire on Charmander's tail flaring up again; this was a good sign. "Charmander take him for a spin!" The fire lizard was no longer panicking, but instead tried his best to resist the pain as he started spinning around forcing the Growlithe to go around in circles with him. "Send him flying!" Charmander threw Growlithe into the air with great force causing the dog pokemon to soar into the sky, this was their chance to counter attack. "Use Dragon Rage!" Marco called out his next move and Charmander opened his mouth to gather energy. Once the energy finished gathering, the fire pokemon shot the ball of energy at Growlithe. Upon impact the sphere expanded into a large size before exploding. Charmander was panting and holding onto his injured arm; Growlithe had quite the grip and teeth marks could be seen easily on Charmander's skin. He was lucky that he got Growlithe to release him; he would need to be more careful now.

Marco sighed released air that he didn't know he was holding. That whole encounter had lasted merely seconds, but it felt like an eternity. Pokemon Battles were something else and Marco was starting to reach that level of focus from his previous battles. Things were sure getting exciting.

==========

- Charmander used Dragon Rage (100% accuracy)

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-20)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:39 pm

"That's it Chance, don't let go!" Kirsi called after Charmander had begun to try and fling him off. Chance kept his grip firm, but as Charmander picked up speed it became harder and harder to hold on. He was flung into the air, and then hit with a dragon rage attack. The force of it as it exploded sent Chance flying, and he disappeared into the smoke that still covered Kirsi's side of the field. The smoke billowed around him, his body making the cloud sift and surge. It was low now, almost dissipated into the air and barely more than a foot or two off the ground. When Chance stood, he was visible through the dull shade of the smoke. "Shake it off, Chance!" Kirsi called. She thought quickly- Chance took more damage from being flung and attacked with a direct hit than he dealt by hanging on a few more seconds. This next time, she would order Chance to let go sooner so he could keep close, which was important in this fight. "Chance, run zig-zag and bite again!" Chance shook himself, a little stiff from the rough landing after the dragon rage attack made him tense against the pain. Still, he took off, smoke swirling in eddies as he ran past. He darted left and right, aiming to avoid any easy shots before he got in close to try and bite.

In a way, only having one or two moves to deal with made the battle easier. She may have less options, but Kirsi could focus a lot more on giving directional commands. Since she and Chance didn't have much experience battling, he needed as much input as she could give about how he should be moving and dodging. Actually, these battles had made Kirsi a little excited to begin practicing for real with Chance now that she knew what she wanted. The thought of being able to come back into a battle with really great teamwork got her excited. And maybe when she trained, she could catch another pokemon. Typing was really important, she had learned today, and it would be really helpful to have options. But that was a decision for another day.

[ Chance used Bite, 30% chance to flinch. 1st die = no flinch, 2nd die = attack hits ]

Battle Summary

Chance used Bite. No Flinch, Hit
    Charmander used Dragon Rage

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :
    ↦ Cheri Berry
    ↦ Persim Berry x2
    ↦ Chesto Berry x2
    ↦ Pecha Berry

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:39 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

Dragon Rage had knocked Growlithe back into the smoke that remained on Kirsi's side of the field. This was where Marco wanted his opponent to be at all times since Smokescreen was the best chance they had at a decent defense. Charmander was still taking quite the hits due to Leer's defense lowering powers which made Bite hurt a lot. The fire lizard's arm had been left a bloody mess due to Growlithe sinking his teeth into the lizard's skin. So far the dog pokemon had two moves; Leer and Bite. One of the other moves was likely a fire-type attack, but just what was the last move? Charmander didn't have much up his sleeves against other fire-type pokemon except for Dragon Rage and Scratch. Seeing how damaged Charmander's arm was, using Scratch was out of the question. That left his only reliable move as Dragon Rage which Growlithe did not resist, but received neutral damage. Marco really wished they had more variety, but at the moment his only attack move was Dragon Rage so they would need to use to their best of their abilities. Kirsi shouted out their next attack, another Bite.

The dog pokemon was ordered to 'zig-zag' in an attempt to confuse Charmander which was actually working. Growlithe was very fast and he was proving just how fast he was right now as Charmander could hardly keep up with his movements. He went for another Bite and Charmander raised his other good arm to block since dodging was out of the question now. It seemed like Growlithe would be using Bite as his main form of attack which was very dangerous for them. However, the good thing about this attack was that it was close range meaning that Charmander didn't have to try very hard to hit his opponent. "Use Dragon Rage!" Charmander was in pain, but he pushed pass that feeling as he opened his mouth to charge his attack. The sphere of energy forming grew bigger and right in Growlithe's face. Charmander shot the attack at point blank forcing Growlithe to be shoved backwards from the impact. Charmander was also send flying back, but he back-flipped in the air and landed on his feet. There was no harm done to him except his injured arm from Growlithe's latest Bite attack. Now both his arms were damaged, but he managed to land another hit on the dog pokemon.

Marco was not liking their current odds since Charmander was taking a lot of damage in order to have his attacks hit. Smokescreen had yet to provide them with an opportunity for victory. There was never a guarantee to begin with, but Marco wondered if just attacking from the beginning would have been a better idea. It was too late to think about that now and all they could do was focus on the present. What would be Kirsi's next move?

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-20)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:03 pm
    ooc: given how limited the attack options are, this battle is pretty fun xD

Chance squeezed his eyes shut, feeling the heat of the charging dragon rage despite how he was a fire type. Dragon flames just weren't the same as normal flames. "Chance, let go! Duck!" Chance opened his mouth and began bending his legs just as Charmander fired. The dragon rage roared over his head, scorching his face and ears and slamming into his back. Chance flipped over backwards, his head hitting the ground as he somersaulted, before landing on his belly. A bar of soot ran from his nose to his tail, like a stunky's stripe, and the rest of him was coated with a thin layer of soot. Chance got his paws underneath his belly and shakily pushed himself up, sneezing with eyes watering from the soot and scorch. Kirsi would have to give him a thorough bath later.

For now, though, "Use bite again!" Chance kicked off, running as straight as he could. He was barely slower than before, but the way he was keeping his speed up gave his movements a jerky quality that belied his reduced agility. If Charmander dodged, he would have a hard time getting his legs to do anything but keep running in the wrong direction. Kirsi wanted to prioritize speed this time, though. She really wasn't sure what to do about those dragon rage attacks. They were strong, and there wasn't much she could do to make Chance less of a target. Unless... Briefly, she considered somehow using Charmander's smoke for Chance to hide in. But the smoke was already low enough that Chance would be easily visible in it.

Battle Summary

Chance used Bite, No Flinch, Hit

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Move Set:

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :
    ↦ Cheri Berry
    ↦ Persim Berry x2
    ↦ Chesto Berry x2
    ↦ Pecha Berry

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
I apologize for the wait and yes this is an interesting battle ^^ being so limited to attacks forces you to use the same move, but a little different each time.

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

In an amazing display of luck, Growlithe had some managed to duck a Dragon Rage that was right in front of his face. At the very least the attack had struck the dog pokemon still, but Marco was disappointed with how extraordinarily that Growlithe had tried to dodge the attack. Charmander was freed from Growlither's Bite, but taking those hits was really taking its toll on the fire lizard. His arms were bruised due to the Bite attacks that he received, but at least he wasn't using his arms for attacking. Dragon Rage was the only move that he could use now and it seemed like at the very least it was causing the Growlithe to become nervous. However, he continued to come to him at close range risking a Dragon Rage to the face every time. Kiris had guts or she didn't have much choice in attack moves. This was already the second time that Growlithe was ordered to use Bite so maybe this was the only move the dog Pokemon could use against Charmander.

The next attack was already coming at them and once again, Growlithe was ordered to use Bite. The fire dog was charging at them at full speed leaving Charmander with no room to escape or dodge the attack. This time he was bitten in the tail which was quite painful. "Charmander get him off you and use Dragon Rage!" Marco told his partner in an attempt to set him free from the attack. Charmander spun around and swung his tail to throw Growlithe back into the thick smoke as well as force the dog Pokemon to release his tail. The fire on the tip of his tail burned up once more and Charmander's eyes briefly started glowing to indicate the power of Dragon Rage. The fire lizard shot the sphere of energy that had formed towards Growlithe's direction; he wasn't the only one who was fast. Dragon Rage had sped through the smokescreen momentarily cutting through the smoke in order to find its target: Growlithe. Just like before, when Dragon Rage made contact, the sphere of energy expanded and then exploded causing some of the dirt of the battlefield to go flying into random directions. Marco stood his ground as the winds from the explosions rushed passed him. This almost felt like a game of tug-o-war, who would lose focus?

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TheWhiteDragonfly rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 7 Total: 8 (2-20)

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Kirsi wasn't sure at this point if it was better for Chance to hold on or let go. Either way, Charmander's attacks were spot-on, and Chance didn't have much energy left for dodging anyways. "Chance, make it count!" Kirsi called. Chance heard, and his grip tightened for a moment. But all this biting hurt his jaw, especially with how most of the bites ended with Charmander ripping itself out of his grip. That really took a toll on poor Chance's chompers! Despite his best efforts, he was dragged around by Charmander's tail, his own momentum spun and heaved backwards. He hit the ground on his side and rolled, the spoke flying to the side as he passed. No sooner had the tendrils begun pouring into the gap his body had made when Charmander's dragon rage roared after him, exploding in his side and sending him another three feet back across the ground. Smoke and dirt flew from the point of impact. "Chance!" Kirsi covered her eyes, squinting into the momentary dust cloud.

When Chance stood he made a strange sound like a hack, cough, and bark all at once. His beautiful cream fur was coated grey, and the rest of his pelt looked ragged. "Chance, just a little more, buddy!" Kirsi encouraged him. One way or another, this next clash was going to decide the battle, Kirsi was sure of it. Would Chance or Charmander be standing at the end? Kirsi would do everything she could to make sure it was Chance. "Chance, give it everything you've got!" Chance shook himself, bits of dirt flying off his fur, and barked. "Use bite!" Chance kicked off, slow at first and then picking up speed. He nearly stumbled halfway there, but caught himself and kept running. His eyes, hidden in the smoky mask of his face, were glued to his target.

[ Chance used Bite, 30% chance to flinch. 1st die = charmander flinched, 2nd die = attack hits ]

Battle Summary

Chance used Bite, No Flinch, Hit

Chance used Bite, Flinch, Hit

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
      Friendship Points:
      User Image
      Move Set:

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
    P O K E B A L L S :
      User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :
      ↦ Cheri Berry
      ↦ Persim Berry x2
      ↦ Chesto Berry x2
      ↦ Pecha Berry

K E Y - I T E M S :
      User Image x Soothe Bell

User Image x 8

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:34 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
The Bite flinch reminded me of Pokemon Origins Dx poor Charmander.

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

Marco watched as Growlithe was knocked back by Charmander's Dragon Rage. The move looked like it really hurt the dog pokemon, but he got back up and the black-haired boy was reminded of Purrloin. This Growlithe was a tough opponent and Charmander recognize that so the Pokemon had earned his respect. However, those thoughts would be best saved for after this battle was over. Charmander was panting right now trying to hold back the pain that he felt in his arms and tail from the Bite attacks that he was receiving. The pain was a pulsing kind of pain that just hurt all the time except when moving. So at the very least so long as he was doing some action then the pain would momentarily stop. At the moment, they were waiting to see what Growlithe's next move was. Kirsi decided to give her next order of attack and once again, Growlithe would be using Bite against them.

Growlithe seemed to be really pushing himself for this next attack. Chances were that this was the last move he had in him. Both Pokemon were really tired so maybe this next move really would decide the winner. "Charmander go!" Marco cheered for his Pokemon as the fire lizard charged towards the dog pokemon. Growlithe was running kind of wobbly, but he was still coming right at Charmander. The fire lizard tried to attack, but Growlithe jumped first and sunk his teeth into Charmander's neck. The fire Pokemon screamed, the pain he was feeling was unimaginable and he shouted in desperation from trying to get free and the pain from the attack. "Charmander!" Marco called out, but his partner could not hear him, he could not even move under the grip of Growlithe's Bite. Charmander was flinched.

==========

- Charmander is flinched

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:43 am
TheWhiteDragonfly

Shadow of Miracles

The battle is over and the winner of the match (and third place) is: Kirsi and her Growlithe, Chance!

Once again, we've had a fierce battle of the fire-types, and interestingly enough, no STAB moves this time around. However, with Flinch coming into play, and with Chance's overwhelming and relentless physical attack power, it was tough for Charmander to keep up. Although Growlithe's Intimidate had no effect on the Special Attack move; Dragon Rage, Charmander wasn't able to pull off one final attack as luck was in Chance's favor. This factor was quite substantial, even though Charmander's defense was not lowered thanks to a minor technically (Kirsi's first battle post using Leer had not reached the 250 word cap requirement, thus negating the move). Had Charmander not flinched and if Smokescreen had successfully obscured Growlithe's aim, Charmander would have surely been the victor.

Since Kirsi is the winner, Dragonfly, you can make your final post as per usual battle-finishing standard.

Thank you both for your participation in this tournament. You guys did well!  
››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff