Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Block B Round 1: Antonio vs Maria Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am
▄ █ ◓𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊◓ █ ▄

WELCOME CHALLENGERS!

Iɴ тнe rιɴɢ тodαy we'll ѕee wнo нαѕ wнαт ιт тαĸeѕ! Wιll ιт вe Aɴтoɴιo Sιlvαɴo'ѕ Poιѕoɴ or Mαrια Tαylor'ѕ cleverɴeѕѕ тнαт wιɴѕ тodαy!

We wish both participants luck and to remember the rules of the tournament:
▶ Single Elimination Round No Substitutions Allowed.
▶ No Use of Items During Battle ((Items should have been used during the prep before the round began))
▶ Show Respect For Your Fellow Competitor!
▶ Remember the Rules of Battle! For a refresher take a look HERE as well as HERE.

murruelecreuset rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:43 pm
- - - Void - - -

And I apparently fail at the start sweatdrop  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 1, 9, 2, 10, 9, 8, 4, 1 Total: 63 (10-100)

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:44 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House
Future Pokémon Breeder & Healer

Company : Silvano
                                          Status : Happy / Irritated... Here goes nothing...
                                          Wearing : Casual Jeans & T-shirt

“I hope so.” Maria said knowing that she wasn’t the best battler. Watching Lillipup and Fireball she couldn’t help but smile. The pup Pokémon barked happily at being picked up by her friend. She certainly liked the high. Hopefully she too would get bigger soon enough. It was a dream of hers. “Yeah, me too. Though Lillipup loves everyone, don’t you Lillipup?” She said brightly. “Pup pup.” (You bet.) The pup barked in agreement. Maria nodded at Phoebe, she was absolutely right. The bond one shared was the key. Being asked about Lillipup’s training the brunette looked at her puppy Pokémon. “It’s been good. We’ve been working on our speed mostly. I’d like to think we’re on the right track.” She answered her with a smile. “I can hope.” She really did hope they could provide some sort of a challenge. Perhaps come out with a win against Silvano.

When Phoebe apologized, Maria shook her head. “Don’t worry about it. You’re just covering your bases.” She said smiling as Ichiro came over. Before long it was time to head off to their battle stations. “Good luck everyone.” She said brightly racing off with Espurr in her arms and Lillipup following after.

- - - - - - - -

Taking up her spot, Maria really wanted to prove to Silvano she was right about something. Winning this battle against him and Zubat meant she knew what she was talking about when it came to Pokémon. However, she didn’t want to hurt Zubat either. “Okay Lillipup you ready?” Maria asked her puppy Pokémon. “Pup!” (Yep!) Lillipup barked as her trainer set Espurr down next to her. “Good to hear. Espurr you stay right here and watch okay.” She told both her Pokémon. “Purr.” (Okay.) Espurr replied with a nod before looking to Lillipup. Those curious eyes looked almost concerned. “Espurr…” (Good luck…) The psychic type spoke quietly. “Lillipup!” (Thank you!) She barked back tail wagging. Standing up Maria turned to Silvano. “Good luck to you and Zubat Silvano. I’m sure you’ll both give us a challenge.” She said with a small smile. This was going to be a tough battle, even more so then any battle they had in battle class.

PARTY

User Image Lillipup ♀ - Lv. 10, User Image Espurr ♂ - Lv. 9

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Nature: Docile (No added bonuses)
                                          Ability: Vital Spirit : The Pokémon cannot be Asleep while having this ability.
                                          Held Item: ---
                                          Exp: 0/1000
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              --> The opposing team's Defense stats are reduced. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: 100% >>
                                              ► Tackle
                                              --> User charges and slams into the target with its whole body. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              --> Enables Ghost-types to be hit with Normal- and Fighting-type attacks. Also enables evasive target to be hit. << Type: Normal Acc: -- Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Bite
                                              --> The target is bitten with viciously sharp fangs. It may make the target flinch. << Type: Dark Acc: 100% Effect: 30% >>

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageEspurr
                                          Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Attack, - Attack)
                                          Ability: Keen Eyes : Opponent cannot lower this Pokémon’s accuracy. Ignores evasion boosts of the opponent.
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Scratch
                                              --> Hard, pointed, and sharp claws rake the target to inflict damage. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Leer
                                              --> The opposing team's Defense stats are reduced. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: 100% >>
                                              ► Covet
                                              --> The user endearingly approaches the target, then steals the target's held item. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Confusion
                                              --> The target is hit by a weak telekinetic force. It may also leave the target confused.<< Type: Psychic Acc: 100% Effect: 10% >>

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageOther Info : Dorm Room, Inventory, etc.

Word Count : 370
                                          OOC : - - -

Note to Self: 1st number = Status Ailment (caused by Ability), 2nd number and 3rd number = Status Ailment (caused by Attack), last number = Accuracy

Hitsukei
                                          SoundVVave

Hitsukei rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 3, 7, 7, 10, 10, 4, 4, 2 Total: 60 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                X⇒ LOCATION : Lamia District Stadium
                                                XXXXXXXXXX⇒ WITH : Maria

Silvano continued to deny Maria's words, shaking his head dismissively as she spoke. He didn't want hear what she was saying. He didn't truly believe that she was right about any of the things she was telling him. He hardly wanted the conversation to continue and thus barely offered too much more input, other than a couple sighs and grunts. Though, when Maria, told him that jealousy was not a good look on him, he grimaced at her. His face issued a statement to her, a warning of sorts that he wasn't pleased. "How about we just stop talking about this -- especially since you still have the wrong idea." He folded his arms, turning to look away from her while feeling even more indignant. "I'm not jealous..." He then uttered under his breath, sounding appalled for her having suggested he was. Never did he even consider the possibility that he was, even though it seemed to be exactly how he felt. Though, thinking on it more, he probably shouldn't of taken his frustration out on Maria or Iris. It wasn't leaving a very good impression of himself at all.

When Faye showed up, Silvano could sense that Maria wasn't too thrilled about the blond's arrival. There was just something about her overall demeanor that seemed off. As he introduced the two girls to one another, Maria seemed cordial enough, and had even attempted conversation with his other childhood friend. Though, maybe since Maria didn't have a wealthy family background, she was just getting rubbed the wrong way by putting up with his and Faye's aristo antics. Perhaps in time she would get used to it and not vocalize her distain for it too much. From hanging around Maria in the past, he sort of understood what bugged her the most. If it wasn't treating pokemon like dogs, it was formal mannerisms that got her goat.

When Silvnao had asked Faye about which pokemon she was signing up, he found it interesting that she had chose her newest pokemon. It too was a feline pokemon like Maria's new Pokemon. "Purrloin sounds intriguing. I bet it'll grow to become a strong Pokemon. I wouldn't doubt the eye of a Rhoades." He then compliment Faye, knowing that she did indeed have battle experience and was far more likely to know which Pokemon were good ones from the weak ones.

Keeping silent, Silvano listened to the woman's voice that echoed around the stadium. He still could hardly believe that his match up for the tournament would be Maria. Great... just when she was starting to really get on his nerves, he'd have to battle against her too. At least then maybe he could take out his stress on her by ordering his Zubat to punish the little Puppy pokemon she said she had entered. He guessed it made more sense that she would choose a pokemon she had been around longer, rather than one she had caught mere days ago. "Espurr...? Never heard of one before." He admitted, finding it difficult to believe that it was a psychic type Pokemon. Even though he was by no means an expert on the subject, It looked like a normal type to him. "Now you've got yourself a Cat to go with your Dog. It's like your collecting pets." Silvano nonchalantly quipped, figuring Maria had picked up the Espurr for no other reason that the fact that it had fur and look somewhat cute. "It's probably a good thing you didn't enter it." He then added, feeling as though the pokemon was probably undeniably weak -- after all it looked like it was. Wasn't exactly his idea of a "tough" looking, butt kicking pokemon, but whatever. Maria probably had her reasons -- none he'd agree with.

Eventually when Phoebe showed up, Silvano watched as Maria mirror his congratulations to the girl, albeit hers sounded a lot more genuine that his. Silvano proceeded to remain quite as the two girls exchanged words, seeming happy for one another. Though, when that infernal club was brought up, Silvano had to fight the urge to roll his eyes. Apparently, Maria had joined the Drama club and so did Faye -- and he wasn't even aware of it! "Wait... really? You joined, Faye?" Silvano looked back at her in mild surprise. It soon began to make sense to him that Faye had all the perfect qualities for an actor, so joining the Drama club would be a way for her to showcase her talent and attractive looks to her peers. "I guess... I could the club doing a lot better with you in it." Silvano slowly admitted. "I don't know if I'd join, but I'll think about it." Honestly, he would have given the Drama Club a lot more respect and credit if it was a girl that was running it, instead of some hyper-active sissy boy. Silvano didn't care much for Ichiro, but maybe Faye knew what she was doing? Though, after voicing his initial dismay, Silvano almost expected the dark-haired female, Phoebe, to challenge his provocation, but instead, she seemed sort of distant. Silvano raised a brow slightly at her, half tempted to ask her if she had problem, even thought it was becoming somewhat clear to him that she did. The glare she had shot at him was almost priceless. Fortunately, Phoebe seemed to hold her tongue when low and behold, Ichiro showed up. If Ichiro gave him some kind of spiel about the Joining his dumb club, Silvano swore he was going to lose it.

Soon enough another announcement was made and it meant that it was time for the participants to get moving to their appointed locations. Getting up from the bench and retrieving his bag from off the ground, he watched as Maria, Phoebe and Ichiro headed off. He wasn't in too much of a hurry and knew he'd be seeing Maria again really shortly for their match. He then turned towards Faye and nodded at her encouraging words. "I'll see you in the winners circle." He smiled smugly back, feeling much the same ambition as she did. He had no doubt that Faye would win her match against Marco. As for him, he hoped Maria's softness on her own pokemon would be her downfall. Giving Faye a wave as she headed off, Silvano then began to make his way over to the designated spot where him and Maria would be squaring off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Setting his messenger bag down at the side of the arena, Silvano headed over to his side of the battle ground, with his Zubat's pokeball in hand. His countenance was stoic as his determination to won took center stage in his mind. He was worried about losing to Maria. He was convinced he would beat her with little effort, so long as his Zubat showed compliance. Pressing the button on his Pokeball, Silvano allowed his Zubat to apear in front of him on the field, maintaining itself in their air as usual. With a shiny new bell fashioned around the pokemon's neck, Silvano was sure the bat would obey him. Shifting his gaze on Maria, a small smirk tugged at the corner of his lip. He didn't care for the way Maria kept her pokemon around her, and had even spoken to them as though they were her closest friend. He was certain that friendship between a human and pokemon didn't exist and that it was pure subservient innate to their being that kept them on good terms with their trainers. He was going to win this and show Maria just that. "Good luck to you, too, Maria. May the better trainer win." He smugly called back to her, suddenly looking forward to their match. He was ready.

User Image

════════════════════════════════════

"私の野望...?
      XXXXXXX私はすべてのそれらを上回るだろう..."
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        User Image
                                                [ アントニオ・ シルヴァーノ ]

✗ STATUS : Fine I guess...
                                                      ✗ MOOD : Jealous/Annoyed
                                                      ✗ CLUBS : Pokemon Fight Club
                                                      ✗ HOUSE : Salamence // Dorm Room 100
                                                      ✗ ATTIRE : What's in the main pic; Long black double-breasted coat, black vest, white flannel shirt, black slacks, black dress shoes, black gloves blue lose cloth and white scarf wrapped around waist.

✗ WORD COUNT : No Idea;macbook program won't say
                                                      ✗ OOC : I'm glad you didn't mind the post length ^^; Also, I really like that Maria got herself an Espurr. It's adorable with her.

► P A R T Y
                                                          User Image User Image
                                                            Pokemon:
                                                            Friendship Points:
                                                            User Image
                                                            Held Item: User Image
                                                            Level: 18
                                                            Nature Adamant
                                                            Ability Inner Focus
                                                            Experience: 0
                                                            Move Set:

► Bite
                                                                ► Confuse Ray
                                                                ► Astonish
                                                                ► Wing Attack

User Image
                                                      I N V E N T O R Y
                                                          ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                                            User Image x1

► M E D I C I N E :
                                                            User Image x0

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                                            User Image

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :

User Image x1
                                                            User Image x0

User Image

► TEXTS

Iris: Hey guys' lets grab some food before the tourney begins. Chat before we're battling each other owo. Text me when you guys are done so we can meet up and definitely. Good Luck everyone.

Silvano: User Image

murruelecreuset

Erkowan

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:05 pm
User Image
Olivier the Referee

Olivier entered the battlefield with a confident smile on his face. This was his true calling: Official Pokemon Battle Referee. If there was a battle happening then he would be there to judge the battle. This was an important job in a world where Pokemon Battles were so dominant. Olivier was happy to be part of this tournament and if Lamia District officials had not asked him then he surely would have walked up to them and asked to volunteer. He was here now and he would be performing his job with pride! The competitors had entered the battlefield meaning it was time to get this battle rolling.

"This battle is about to get underway! The competitors are summoning their Pokemon right now. A hot battle will soon commence so trainers get ready!" Olivier spoke with a clear voice into the mic that was on his ear. This allowed everyone in the stadium to listen to his voice. Once both trainer and pokemon were ready, Olivier raised his red and green flag in the air.

"Let the battle...begin!"

==========

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:33 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House

Maria might have dropped the topic of conversation but honestly it was only because Faye showed up. Of course when the blonde did arrive she was thrilled. When the girl spoke that didn’t help matters any… Chael Riverton was not low born… Maria could only imagine what Faye thought of her. Pushing the thoughts aside she luckily didn’t have to listen to Faye and Silvano talk about how she had good taste in Pokémon. Never mind the comment about her Pokémon and how she was collecting pets. By the sounds of things he thought Espurr to be weak. Maria didn’t that and one day she’d prove it to him. That’s why they were in battle class. Espurr would get the chance to prove it to her childhood friend.

- - - - - -

Maria doubted that it would be the best trainer to win. If she won it would be all Lillipup, if they lost then it would be all Zubat. She didn’t believe that Silvano deserved any credit. Not that she would ever admit that out loud to anyone. No, that was a comment for herself and herself alone. Taking a breath she nodded to Lillipup. The small pup bounced over to her spot on the battle field ready to rumble. While her trainer and her friend might be worried she wasn’t. “Lillipup!” (Good Luck!) The small pup barked to Zubat as she got into her battle stance. Today he was battling a friend. Though, Zubat wasn’t just a friend but an opponent and Lillipup didn’t plan on going easy on him.

Smiling at Lillipup as the referee called the battle to start, Maria took a deep breath. She needed a plan and she needed a good one. She couldn’t relay on bite to cause flinching because of Zubat’s ability. She also knew that Zubat had supersonic if not by now confuse ray, which could cause a problem done the road. Her best bet was to work on lowering some stats before attacking, that way if she was confused it would help in the long run. At least she hoped so. “Alright Lillipup, let’s give this our best shot and start things off with leer!” She called out to her pup Pokémon. The small pup nodded her eyes turning red as she narrowed them at her winged friend. That would certainly help lower Zubat’s defenses.

► Battle Log
                                          Lillipup uses Leer Acc: 100% Effect: 100% ---> Zubat's Defense Lowered

PARTY

User Image Lillipup ♀ - Lv. 10 --> 14, User Image Espurr ♂ - Lv. 9

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Tackle
                                              --> User charges and slams into the target with its whole body. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              --> Enables Ghost-types to be hit with Normal- and Fighting-type attacks. Also enables evasive target to be hit. << Type: Normal Acc: -- Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Bite
                                              --> The target is bitten with viciously sharp fangs. It may make the target flinch. << Type: Dark Acc: 100% Effect: 30% >>

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageEspurr
                                          Ability: Keen Eyes : Opponent cannot lower this Pokémon’s accuracy. Ignores evasion boosts of the opponent.
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Scratch
                                              --> Hard, pointed, and sharp claws rake the target to inflict damage. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Covet
                                              --> The user endearingly approaches the target, then steals the target's held item. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Confusion
                                              --> The target is hit by a weak telekinetic force. It may also leave the target confused.<< Type: Psychic Acc: 100% Effect: 10% >>

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Word Count : 398
                                          OOC : Sorry for the wait.

Note to Self: 1st number = Status Ailment (caused by Ability), 2nd number and 3rd number = Status Ailment (caused by Attack), last number = Accuracy

Hitsukei

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:52 am
User ImageUser Image

Silvano watched as Maria's Lillipup bounded over to its place on the battlefield, standing on all-fours in front of his Zubat. Though, he didn't pay much mind to it. Instead, he found it irritating that Maria didn't return his sentiment towards considering one of them the better trainer after their match. He was certain she had heard him, so he figured she was probably just trying to snub him. It wouldn't be the first time she'd done that -- then again, it didn't help that he had ticked her off before hand. Regardless, whether she wanted to speak to him or not, it wasn't going to have an affect on their battle. Meanwhile, Zubat continued to beat his wings to keep himself in the air. Though, upon hearing the bark of a familiar pup, the bat Pokemon gave an excited shriek before fluttering around in a quick circle. He wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but sensed this wasn't going to be an ordinary encounter. Especially since Lillipup had wished him luck.

"Alright, Maria. Prove to me you don't collect pathetic pokemon." He told her arrogantly, before the referee had walked over to them, preparing to give them the go-ahead. Low and behold it was Oliver, the same ref that had watched over the soccer game from the other day. Maybe he was more renowned than Silvano had initially given him credit. When the man held up his flags, signally the start of the match, Silvano waited for Maria to make the first move. After all, she had been instructed to do so by the ref.

Folding his arms, Silvano couldn't help but raise a brow when Maria had instructed her Pokemon to start off with a Leer. What good was that going to do? He wondered to himself, amused by her odd choice. Watching her Pokemon narrow its glowing eyes at his Zubat, Silvano had to stifle a laugh. "Heh, you really think making faces at my Zubat is going to do anything? It doesn't even have eyes to perceive a dirty look." He scoffed, noting that his Zubat didn't appear too bothered by the attack. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" He then added, smugly. Though, unbeknownst to him, his Zubat had let out a soft squeak as he had sensed Lillipup's hostility and subsequently faltered, lowering his guard a little. It only now clicked in the pokemon's mind that this was a fight -- a fight against a pokemon that belonged to kind and loving individual. Knowing this fact distressed the bat slightly.

"Time for some retaliation." Silvano mused, quickly thinking over his first command for his Pokemon. He knew the bat was capable of confusing its targets, so why not try and trip up Lillipup's coordination a little? "Zubat, get in close and use Confuse Ray on that Pokemon in front of you! Make sure it doesn't miss!" Silvano commanded, making sure his order was loud and clear with a bit of an edge to it. He wanted his pokemon to know that he'd be severely upset with it if it chose not to listen to him.

With another shriek, Zubat then zipped around the battlefield, circling Maira's Lillipup twice before flying high above it. Five golden orbs of light began to form around Zubat's body, rotating around him mesmerizingly. Then letting out another cry, the orbs of light fired towards Lillipup, cartwheeling towards the Pokemon before closing together into one large ball of light that was headed straight for the Normal-Type. After having fired off his attack, Zubat then flutter back down to his side of the field, unsure of what to exspect next.

Silvano could hardly believe it. At first, watching Zubat fly around sporadically gave him a sinking feeling, as though it was going to ignore him. But instead, the bat had actually listened. 'I can't believe it...' Silvano thought to himself. 'It... it obeyed me.' Gradually, it dawned on him that the bell around the bat's might have had something to do with it.

User Image

[[ Zubat used Confuse Ray on Lillipup - !00% Accuracy - Causes Confusion. ]]

"私の野望...?
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        User Image
                                                [ アントニオ・ シルヴァーノ ]

✗ STATUS : Fine
                                                      ✗ MOOD : Apathetic/Smug/Surprised
                                                      ✗ ATTIRE : What's in the main pic; Long black double-breasted coat, black vest, white flannel shirt, black slacks, black dress shoes, black gloves blue lose cloth and white scarf wrapped around waist.

✗ OOC : ...

► P A R T Y
                                                          User Image User Image
                                                            Pokemon:
                                                            Friendship Points:
                                                            User Image
                                                            Nature Adamant
                                                            Ability Inner Focus
                                                            Move Set:

► Bite
                                                                ► Confuse Ray
                                                                ► Astonish
                                                                ► Wing Attack

User Image
                                                      I N V E N T O R Y
                                                          ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                                            User Image x1

► M E D I C I N E :
                                                            User Image x0

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                                            User Image

User Image x1
                                                            User Image x0

User Image

► TEXTS

Iris: Hey guys' lets grab some food before the tourney begins. Chat before we're battling each other owo. Text me when you guys are done so we can meet up and definitely. Good Luck everyone.

murruelecreuset

murruelecreuset rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 10 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:04 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House

Maria narrowed her eyes at Silvano as he told her to prove him wrong. “With pleasure Silvano. You’ll regret calling Lillipup pathetic.” She told him trying her best to bite her tongue. Lillipup found herself giving a low growl at the boy’s statement. She didn’t like being called pathetic anymore then Maria liked it. Even Espurr didn’t like the sound of the statement. What it meant looked to seemingly go over the little psychic type’s head. Regardless they would prove him wrong and do it gladly. “Let’s show him.” She said confidently to her Pokémon. They could do it.

With an effective leer, Maria knew it would pay off in the long run. The brunette heard Silvano’s words and glared from across the battlefield. If she wasn’t battling him right now she would have probably gone over there and slapped him. “Yes, I know what I’m doing!” She snapped at him. “Pup!” Lillipup snapped as well not liking his comment to her trainer. Of course they knew what they were doing. “If you bothered to pay attention you’d realize it did do something.” She added before putting her attention back to her partner. “Ignore him Lillipup. His words mean nothing.” Maria spoke trying to keep focused. Lillipup gave a nod in understanding before turning her attention back to Zubat.

Getting ready for anything that was going to be thrown at them, Maria at least had anticipated Silvano’s first move. “Lillipup, try to dodge it.” She called out to her small puppy Pokémon. Lillipup make an attempt to get out of the way but still managed to get caught in the bat Pokémon’s circle movement. As the orb of light hit Lillipup, she shook her head as the confusion set it. Maria remembered what happened to Lillipup the last time she’d gotten confused in a battle. They’d been lucky to snap out of it so quickly. She could only hope it would happen again.

“Lillipup don’t panic. You’ve dealt with this before you can do it again.” Maria spoke knowing what to do. “Use bite on Zubat, Lillipup.” She took a breath hoping for the best. Sure enough Lillipup shook the confusion off and ran at Zubat. Jumping up at the poison type, she went to bit down on the only thing that she could grab onto - his wing.

► Battle Log
                                          Zubat uses Confuse Ray Acc: 100% Effect: 100% ---> Lillipup became Confusion

Lillipup uses Bite Acc: 100% Effect: 30% ---> Zubat successfully hit || Lillipup snapped out of confusion

PARTY

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Tackle
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              ► Bite

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageEspurr
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Scratch
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Covet
                                              ► Confusion

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Word Count : 389
                                          OOC : Since the Flinch effect for Bite would have been the final dice roll I left it out since Zubat cancels it. Hope that's okay.

Hitsukei

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Another grin tugged at Silvano's lip when he heard Maria's retort to his smug words. He founded it equally amusing that even her Normal type seemed affected by his words, same with the pokemon -- he had already forgotten the name of -- on her shoulder. "We'll see if your Lillipup can manage to beat Zubat." He answered back, feeling pretty confident about the battle that laid ahead.

Once again, Silvano felt eager to belittle his opponent, thinking that Maria was showing her inexperience. Although he was no expert when it came to status decreasing moves, he felt that a move that involved perceiving the look of another pokemon wouldn't be nearly as effective on a creature that had no vision. "I think you're mistaken. Zubat appears fine." Silvano retorted back, finding it interesting that even Maria's Lillipup seemed bothered by his earlier comment. "I highly doubt Leer had much of an effect." Shaking his head, he was certain that he was correct.

Ordering his Pokemon to use Confused Ray on its opponent, Silvano was impressed by the way Zubat had maneuvered around its target, effectively disorienting the pup so that it could launch the golden orbs it had summoned without miss. This was excellent! Silvano felt he'd have a distinct advantage aginst a confused pokemon, that is until Lillipup imediately snapped out of its confusion, only to clamp its jaws onto Zubat's wing in retaliation for having tried to confuse it. "WHAT? Impossible!" Silvano spat out, shocked that such a devious move was thwarted so easily. His Zubat had meanwhile let out a sharp squeal out of anguish, beating its wings desperately to get the pup to let go. Sure enough, he was able to recover from the unexpected attack, its wing feeling incredibly sore, but at least not too damaged as to keep him from being able to stay in the air. 'Darn... what was the use of Confuse Ray? I should have called out a different move...' Silvano grudgingly thought to himself as he narrowed his eyes at his Pokemon. With that thought, he figured it was useless to try and attempt Confuse Ray ever again and perhaps get the pokemon to forget the move as soon as possible. "Zubat shake off Lillipup's bite and try circling around your opponent again! Then use Wing Attack on its front legs! Make sure it hurts." Silvano audaciously ordered his pokemon, feeling that if Lillipup's legs were damaged, it make dodging even tougher on the Normal-Type. He also figured that a powerful move like Wing Attack would do some considerable damage, especially considering that the move was the same type as his Zubat, which would give it a bonus in power by being a STAB move.

Upon hearing his next order, Zubat gave another confident chirp, confirming that he understood what was exspected of him. His wings beating faster, he began to flutter around Lillipup by zipping past his body in circles a few times before spinning back around, its wings glowing bright white while growing in size. Finally, he dive-bombed at Lillipup, making sure his wings slammed into his target, specifically the pups legs like his trainer had wanted.

User Image

[[ Zubat used Wing Attack on Lillipup - 100% Accuracy ]]

"私の野望...?
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        User Image
                                                [ アントニオ・ シルヴァーノ ]

► P A R T Y
                                                          User Image User Image
                                                            Pokemon:
                                                            Friendship Points:
                                                            User Image
                                                            Nature Adamant
                                                            Ability Inner Focus
                                                            Move Set:

► Bite
                                                                ► Confuse Ray
                                                                ► Astonish
                                                                ► Wing Attack

User Image
                                                      I N V E N T O R Y
                                                          ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                                            User Image x1

► M E D I C I N E :
                                                            User Image x0

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                                            User Image

User Image x1
                                                            User Image x0

User Image

► TEXTS

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:37 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House

Maria figured if Silvano didn’t want to believe her on the effects of Leer that was his problem. It was his problem not hers. She knew what she was doing and she believed in Lillipup. That’s when she told her puppy Pokémon to use bite she just knew that she’d pull through. Watching Lillipup snap out of the confusion it had been in Maria smiled. “Espurr…” (She did it…) The psychic type said in quiet amazement.

Maria’s smile only grew at Silvano’s words of pure shock. “Not impossible.” She called back to him in a surprisingly friendly tone. Perhaps it was more bitter sweet but she was kind of enjoying this. Why? Because she and Lillipup were doing something right. Meaning Silvano was having a harder time then he figured he would. That showed him not to underestimate them.

When Zubat desperately batted his wings to get Lillipup off, the puppy Pokémon let go and gently landed back to earth. Shaking herself off Lillipup barked happy before looking back to Maria. “Good job Lillipup, keep it up.” She said brightly to the normal type before looking back to Silvano and Zubat. What would they do next? As expected Zubat was readying an attack, however the way Silvano was asking his Pokémon to attack hers was cruel. Maria felt a pang of worry at Lillipup’s safety. Espurr looked over at his trainer in worry. Would Maria and Lillipup be able to keep it together?

If they could help it, yes. Maria knew she needed to think fast. With the bat’s speed not to mention its movements, the Flygon doubted Lillipup would be able to get out of the way in time. She didn’t want Lillipup to get hurt as badly as Silvano intended. “Lillipup curl into a ball!” She called out as if a light bulb turned on. The pup Pokémon barked in understanding before leaping into the air at Zubat and curling into herself. Getting slammed by wing attack the normal type went flying. Uncurling Lillipup skidded to a stop on the ground legs still in tacked. “Now Lillipup, Tackle!” Shaking off the hit Lillipup ran full tilt before leaping at the bat Pokémon in attempts to cause some damage.

► Battle Log
                                          Lillipup uses Bite Acc: 100% Effect: 30% ---> Zubat successfully hit || Lillipup snapped out of confusion
                                          Zubat uses Wing Attack Acc: 100% ---> Lillipup Hit

Lillipup uses Tackle Acc: 100% ---> Zubat Hit

PARTY

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Tackle
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              ► Bite

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageEspurr
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Scratch
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Covet
                                              ► Confusion

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Word Count : 370

Hitsukei

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

Silvano grimaced at Maria's retort, implying that Lillipup's ability to snap right out of its confusion was not impossible. He didn't want to believe her words -- he understood that Confuse Ray was a pretty good underhanded tactic and that there had to be a better explanation as to how Lillipup was unaffected by it. Though, the only thing he could come up with was the idea that his Pokemon wasn't strong enough to make the move effective. "Your Lillipup was only lucky that Zubat hasn't had much experience with that attack -- it could have been far worse." Silvano snapped back at her, eager to blame his Pokemon rather than accept that Lillipup had any skill or endurance at all. Besides, how could a pokemon that looked so weak have that much of a mental-tolerance.

With a grin, Silvano watched as his Pokemon heeded his command, zipping around to confuse the Puppy Pokemon before going in for an attack on its legs. However, much to Silvano's dismay, Maria was quick on her feet to tell her pokemon to curl up into a ball to stave off the incoming damage. With ease, the Bat Pokemon's wings had collided into its target, sending the Normal-Type flying before bracing itself for a landing. It seemed Maria and her Pokemon weren't about to give up, as Maria soon told the pup to retaliate with a Tackle. "Zubat, dodge its attack!" Silvano ordered his Pokemon, but his command was futile. Just as his Zubat had attempted to fly up higher to get out of the way, Lillipup's tackle had struck its mark, hitting against the bat's chest and throwing it backwards. Fortunately before the Zubat's body could connect with the ground, he had managed to correct himself in air and narrowly avoided collision by pulling up just in time. While beating his wings to stay airborne, the Zubat let out a few quiet chirps to pinpoint where its opponent had ended up relative to where he currently was. He couldn't tell if he was closer to his master or Maria by this point.

'Great...' Silvano grudgingly thought to himself. It seemed Maria's Lillipup was a lot tougher than he had initially given it credit for. Though, he very much refused to acknowledge the Normal-Type's strength. For one thing, it was up against a weak pokemon, so in his mind, it had a distinct advantage over a bat that had a fragile body and wings made for speed and stealth in lieu of durability. For Maria's pokemon, it must of felt like it was up against a kite that was at the mercy of a sporadic wind. Not exactly the most challenging breed of opponent. Biting down on his lip, Silvno was beginning to deeply resent the fact that his sister had given him such a weak pokemon, but despite this, the Salamence still held out hope that his Zubat would be able to come out on top. "Don't let Lillipup get the better of you." He instructed his Pokemon, who in turn gave an excited squeak. "Use the same attack and once again go for its legs!"

With that, Zubat began to fly towards Lillipup after having already established where the pokemon had ended up on the field. Being blind, he needed to use echolocation as much as possible to keep track of its surroundings, which made it somewhat difficult to keep track of a move target. Fortunately, landing attacks felt much easier. With another loud shriek, Zubat's wings began to glow and grow larger, much like it had done previously when trying to dive-bomb Lillipup. Flying up higher to gain altitude, Zubat then gave a shallow swoop, picking up speed as he aimed to slam his hardened wings into his opponent once again. This time, Silvano hopped Maria wouldn't be as quick with her command to get Lillipup to evade the strike's intended target.

User Image

"私の野望...?
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        User Image
                                                [ アントニオ・ シルヴァーノ ]

► P A R T Y
                                                          User Image User Image
                                                            Pokemon:
                                                            Friendship Points:
                                                            User Image
                                                            Nature Adamant
                                                            Ability Inner Focus
                                                            Move Set:

► Bite
                                                                ► Confuse Ray
                                                                ► Astonish
                                                                ► Wing Attack

User Image
                                                      I N V E N T O R Y
                                                          ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                                            User Image x1

► M E D I C I N E :
                                                            User Image x0

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                                            User Image

User Image x1
                                                            User Image x0

User Image

► TEXTS

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:47 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House

Maria knew she was lucky but not because of Zubat’s experience. No, it was Lillipup’s luck that had gotten them out of the jam they’d been in. Silvano was right, it could have been a lot worst but it wasn’t. The fact that things had worked out in her favor was comforting. “It has nothing to do with Zubat.” She told him as if defending the bat Pokémon despite it being her opponent’s Pokémon. Maria didn’t care though, it wasn’t right to lay blame on a Pokémon.

Watching as Lillipup curled up and got hit Maria had to admit she was worried. What if her plan hadn’t of worked? Luckily it had and the pup Pokémon was quick to land safely on the ground. Along with Maria’s quick thinking and Lillipup’s fast movements, they’d managed a quick return collision. Tackling Zubat, Lillipup barked happily. Coming to a stop the normal type jumped back leaving some space between herself and her opponent.

Maria wasn’t sure what to expect next, however she was hopeful that they could handle it. Looking from Lillipup to Silvano and Zubat she took a breath. Hearing they were going for another wing attack, she looked to Lillipup. “Quick, dodge it!” She called out. The small pup made a dash before trying to jump out of the way. However, mid-jump she got clipped by Zubat’s wing and came crashing back to the ground. “Lillipup! You okay?” She called out worryingly. “Pup.” (Fine.) Lillipup barked shaking it off as she pushed herself to get on her feet. “You think you can go for another tackle?” She asked her Pokémon relieved to hear that her friend was okay. With a nod of her head, Lillipup made a dash for Zubat before leaping at him once more. Maria hoped they’d hit the bat Pokémon once again.

► Battle Log

PARTY

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Tackle
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              ► Bite

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageEspurr
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Scratch
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Covet
                                              ► Confusion

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Word Count : 305

Hitsukei

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

With his arms folded over his chest, Silvano maintained his smug countenance as watched his Zubat once again slam into Maria's Lillipup with his wings outstretched. The pup was much too slow to get out of the way again, but this time the Normal-Type came crashing back down to the ground after being clipped by the attack. "Excellent work." Silvano uncharacteristically praised his Pokemon, pleased that Lillipup appeared to be slowing down, or at least it seemed that way to him. Perhaps as long as Zubat could continue to hit its target, he'd eventually wear out the small quadruped. After all, that was one good thing about his bat pokemon; it had decent speed that allowed it to keep its opponent on their toes. Or at least, that's the way Silvano saw it.

After hitting its mark, Zubat once again pulled up higher into the air before circling back around to its original place upon the battlefield in front of Silvano. Hovering four feet above the ground, it was ready for its opponent, which he quickly sensed was headed straight for him once again. "Try to get out of the way!" Silvano once again called out to his pokemon after Maria had instructed hers to go in for another Tackle. Unfortunately, it seemed the pup was able to predict which way Zubat was going to try to dart away in and had bashed the bat Pokemon in its side as it tried to get away. Another shriek pierced the air as Zubat did an inadvertent barrel roll to the ground, fighting desperately to keep itself from its collision course. Luckily, Zubat had managed to only just scrape the tips of its wings against the ground without coming to a complete halt. After completely stabilizing himself, the Pokemon propelled himself back up to its favored four feet distance from the ground, returning to his place in front of Silvano.

The Salmence couldn't help but narrow his eyes at his Pokemon for having screwed up trying to dodge. It was embarrassing. For such a speedy Poison-Type, it should have been much better than this. "You're so worthless -- you should have be able to dodge that." Silvano chided his Zubat, feeling disgusted by its performance. His Zubat simply responded in a low chirp out of despondency. It didn't exactly fathom what he was doing wrong that displeased his owner so much, but like always, it would fight frivolously to change that. Falling silent, Silvano began to think on his next move. He thought about having the bat pokemon go in for a bite attack, but then it didn't seem exactly feasible. With Zubat's thin fangs and Lullipup's thick fur and skin, it probably wasn't going to have that much of an effect. Astonish was also out of the question. What good was making a bunch of loud noise before slamming into the target? In Silvano's mind, both moves were useless against Maria's pup. So Wing Attack seemed like the best course of action to stick with.

"Zubat, use Wing Attack again. This time, try attacking it from behind." Silvano commanded his Pokemon after his moment of silence had ended. With another squeak in compliance, Zubat once again fluttered around the arena before this time dive bombing Lillipup from behind. It's wings again held a mysterious light that enhanced their size as it came down on the Pup, this time aiming for the bulk of Normal-Type's body.

User Image

"私の野望...?
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        User Image
                                                [ アントニオ・ シルヴァーノ ]

► P A R T Y
                                                          User Image User Image
                                                            Pokemon:
                                                            Friendship Points:
                                                            User Image
                                                            Nature Adamant
                                                            Ability Inner Focus
                                                            Move Set:

► Bite
                                                                ► Confuse Ray
                                                                ► Astonish
                                                                ► Wing Attack

User Image
                                                      I N V E N T O R Y
                                                          ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                                            User Image x1

► M E D I C I N E :
                                                            User Image x0

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                                            User Image

User Image x1
                                                            User Image x0

User Image

► TEXTS

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:23 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House

Maria didn’t like how this match was going. Sure she managed to lower Zubat’s defense and get a few hits in, but she didn’t know how much more Lillipup could take. The puppy Pokémon was taking a beating out there and she was worried for her friend’s safety. She didn’t want to push the normal type to hard. Probably why she didn’t like battle class all that much. However, she did it anyways because that was Lillipup’s thing. It seemed to make her happy. Though Maria couldn’t understand why Lillipup would enjoy a beating.

Luckily the tackle she’d asked Lillipup to do had hit. Zubat had almost hit the ground but had stabled himself before colliding with it. Maria watched as the bat Pokémon went back to his usual height off the ground. She didn’t see Silvano changing his tactics anytime soon. Honestly she wished he would, however it was probably better that he didn’t. Either way Maria really wanted this match to end sooner rather than later. Hearing Silvano call out another tackle, the brunette Flygon feared Lillipup would be hit again. “Lillipup! Dodge it!” She called out.

The normal type Pokémon tried to out run the poison type. As she ran she felt her leg that was hit earlier give out. In order to compensate for it, Lillipup crouched down and slid. However at the angle Zubat was the tackle hit anyway. “Pup!” The pup cried out in pain. “Lillipup!” Maria called out in worry as she pushed herself to get up. “You alright?” She asked worryingly. “Pup…” (Yes…) She replied getting her footing back on the ground.

“Okay Lillipup, tackle one more time.” Maria called out. Lillipup shook off the worry that her leg might give out again and made a dash towards Zubat. Gaining speed the small normal type jumped at the bat Pokémon. Hopefully they’d successfully slam into the bat for a third time.

► Battle Log

PARTY

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Tackle
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              ► Bite

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageEspurr
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Scratch
                                              ► Leer
                                              ► Covet
                                              ► Confusion

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Word Count : 319
                                          OOC : Last post is on you before review Hitsukei

Hitsukei

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

Watching Lillipup fail to once again get out of a way of Zubat's Wing Attack, Silvano began to feel more hopeful. In his eyes, the Puppy pokemon was starting to show some more signs of slowing down, which was both excellent and pleasing to the Salamence student. It meant that Zubat's relentless attacks were definitely taking their toll on Lillipup. Especially since it seemed an attack on the pup's legs was catching up to it, having been the reason Lullipup couldn't out run what was coming for her -- as cruel as that was.

"Alright, Zubat. Don't let up." Silvano told the Pokemon as he watched it return to its place in front of him. It seemed the battle was drawing closer and closer to a close, since both Pokemon were beginning to look worse for wear after taking turns beating on one another. But regardless, it seemed the winner would likely be decided upon by whichever Pokemon's body decided to outlast the others. "Looks like one of our Pokemon will have to give in soon." Silvano then commented, turning his attention towards Maria, who probably was just as aware of how battered their Pokemon were. "It's a matter of seeing which one collapses first." Silvano announced adamantly. He didn't care for the way Maria displayed concern toward her Lillipup after each hit. It was just sickening. Her Pokemon would no doubt recover after the battle, so it was useless to worry like that, assuming Maria wasn't ultimately concerned about winning. Regardless, Silvano was ready for her next move, which ended up being another Tackle.

Knowing that Zubat was unable to get out of the way of any of Lillipup's attacks thus far, Silvano decided to give Zubat a knew command. "Tuck in your wings and stave off the attack." He commanded his Pokemon as he watched Maria's Lillipup charge and give another flying leap at the Poison-Type. Sure enough, Lillipup's attack hit dead-on, but this time, Zubat had closed his wings around his body to better withstand the blow. Another shrill squeak escaped the bat Pokemon as it was hit and thrown towards the ground. However, since his wings were tucked into his body, he had no means of righting himself in the air this time and had no choice but to strike the ground, skidding to a stop as he laid motionless for a few seconds. "Zubat, get up!" Silvano barked at the Pokemon, keen to see it return to the fight. With much reluctant, his Pokemon used its wings to prop itself up before hesitantly taking flight again, returning to its four-foot-level. "Alright, try to finish Lillipup off with one last Wing Attack. Make sure you use all of your strength this time!" Giving a muted compliant chirp, Zubat fluttered around its place on the battle field as its wings began to glow, once again growing in size. He then climbed higher in the air, just as he had before, and gave another steep swoop towards Lillipup, striking the Pokemon one last time with all it could muster -- feeling more pain in his frail body from having collided into his target repetitiously. He then fluttered back over to his place in front of Silvano, this time hovering a mere foot off the ground. He was battered and exhausted, not ready to take anymore abuse.

User Image

"私の野望...?
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        User Image
                                                [ アントニオ・ シルヴァーノ ]

► P A R T Y
                                                          User Image User Image
                                                            Pokemon:
                                                            Friendship Points:
                                                            User Image
                                                            Nature Adamant
                                                            Ability Inner Focus
                                                            Move Set:

► Bite
                                                                ► Confuse Ray
                                                                ► Astonish
                                                                ► Wing Attack

User Image
                                                      I N V E N T O R Y
                                                          ► P O K E B A L L S :
                                                            User Image x1

► M E D I C I N E :
                                                            User Image x0

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
                                                            User Image

User Image x1
                                                            User Image x0

User Image

► TEXTS

murruelecreuset

››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas