Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:46 pm
Syrius Lionwing

User Image

She was out doing chores for her master, Bousvor, today. The young female thrall had noticed the furs were dirty and starting to reek. Thankfully Bousvor was out viking for a couple of days. Aellae took the opportunity to make the most of cleaning. Some of the furs were quite large. She'd found the best way for her to carry them was draped across her back. That way her limp didn't interfere too much.

Now she could have just dragged them out, beat them outside the den and returned them. That would have just left all that dust in front of the den to be tracked right back in! Doing the same thing in a couple of days did not appeal to her. She could drag it a bit further out, but then the dust would drift into other dens. Being the sweet girl she was, Aellae carried the furs far out before cleaning them. She limped along humming happily.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:49 am
User Image

Loki was having a lazy day, perhaps today would hence forth be the day of bring lazy. Except everyday was a lazy day really. Loki had been born under a blessed star, born in to a large family full of ambitious Cubs he had managed to go happily under the radar of his peers and remain a young at heart prankster. No one expected anything of him and that suited him down to the ground.

Rolling on to his back he stretched out the very picture of a bone idle Tom cat. It was during his cascade back to his side that he spotted the female wandering away from the dens loaded high with pelts. Lazy day could wait the little spark of mischief flickered in his eyes and he rose to his paws to go and be a hinderance.

With a wide smile on his maw he approached the unsuspecting female from behind and stood carefully on one of the pelts. "Dear lady I fear you are going to lose your load."

magnadearel

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:52 am
Syrius Lionwing

Everything was going fine until she felt the bottom most pelt, which happened to be the largest and dangled over her rump, snag on something. It started to slide and with it the whole pile. Before she could do anything the whole kit-n-caboodle had toppled right over with a plop into the dirt. Aellae limped around and swore colorfully. Thankfully it had happened while the furs were still dirty.

Her blue eyes rose as she saw the fur hadn't snagged so much as been trapped under a white paw with tan toes. Annoyance crossed her face. If Bousvor was here he wouldn't put up with such non-sense. Unfortunately, Aellae had inherited some of her mother's spunk. "Oooooh," she drawled exaggeratedly, "what a brave and powerful reaver to go picking on a helpless thrall!" She lifted her clubfoot where he could miss it. "I don't know where you scraped up the courage to take me on!" If he wanted a scene, well he got one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 am
magnadearel

The chubby male lay down and raised a brow. "Not a reaver." He chuckles "don't have the ambition for that milarky, born free, live free, not due to die yet so have a bit of fun." He tilts his head watching her hobble. "How'd you do that?" He queries pointing at her paw.

"Don't get tetchy, I'm only playing with you." He stretches out his paws cracking his bones before he got to his paws, she wasn't going to be any fun. Some creatures just had no sense of humour. "Where are you taking all of this stuff any way? Seems like a waste of time, just go and hunt some new ones." He noses at the dusty pelts and sneezes in an exaggerated manner raising up a cloud of dust.

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:52 pm
Syrius Lionwing

Well she'd given him more credit than he deserved, but that probably counted why he wasn't mad she'd insulted him. "So you lay around all day? Or make life miserable for thralls?" Aellae wasn't impressed and wrinkled her nose. Would he be so casual if he'd been put to work as a thrall instead of being allowed to just lazy around and watch the thralls do all the work? Normally she didn't mind her position, but at times like these, there was some ill feelings.

Aellae gave a sniff, "I was born this way." She leveled a gaze at him. "I didn't think it was playing. Maybe you should consider others besides yourself for once." Busily she started gathering her scattered furs. "I doubt a lion like you could understand." She pulled them onto her back and balanced them just so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:46 am
magnadearel
[

Loki watched her carefully for a moment, it wasn't very often he thought of others. Why should he? He was born lucky he was able to just be a lay about and that suited him down to the ground, but watching the clearly disabled female work so hard struck a kind of nerve. A nerve he didn't even know he had, sympathy, it was a new feeling, he wasn't sure he really liked it but he would roll with it for now.

He couldn't be insulted by her words after all, she had hit the nail on the head. His parents had expected nothing of him so he had taken up the rank of free born and ultimately prankster. It kept his life mostly interesting.

"It's not just thralls, reavers, captains, other freeborn. I indescrimantly prank everyone." He chuckles and moves over to her hefting the furs from her back he transfers them to his own. He was after all still a big lion, it was one of the reasons he got away with so much, he could hold his own in a fight, he was simply without any ambition to go further.

"Since you so clearly have a flea in your ear and can't take a joke which way am I lugging this dusty mess?"

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:58 pm
Syrius Lionwing

Surprisingly, he didn't take offence to anything she'd said. Aellae was positive her usually relaxed master would have raised his paw long before now. Guiltily she realized she should apologize. Despite his not being offended, she'd been rude and jumped to some conclusions. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things." Not easy for her swallow, but she got it out creditably.

Her ears flicked when she heard he pranked anyone. "Oh. Do you usually get into trouble?" Granted he was freeborn, and given certain privileges. Surely someone would take offence and call him out for it? What then? Aellae wasn't sure what to think when he came and took her load from her. Was this another of his pranks? She stood there awkwardly a moment.

She flushed. Oh. Maybe he wasn't all bad. "Um, this way if you please. I'm Aellae." The brown lioness limped along beside him. "What's your favorite prank?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am
magnadearel

Loki nodded and started walking in the direction she had nodded. "I'm big enough to protect myself, and if anyone takes offence I'm not afraid to defend my actions. Most though, they take it in good jest, everyone needs a laugh occasionally and I'v never seriously injured anyone. I just like to play a joke, makes my life interesting." He grins a Cheshire Cat grin and chuckles. "You've had your quota so don't expect another one for a while, that's not how I roll."

"I like holes, holes make the best pranks." He flicks his tail and nods "I'm Loki, I'll call you Al, it's easier to remember." He looks her over with his golden eyes. "I know you said you are a Thrall but surely your.." He pauses for a moment, it had never occurred to him to have thralls, he could look after himself so he didn't really know what to call the lion that saw her slave away.

"What do you call the guy who makes you do this stuff? It's never occurred to me before. Though I only have me to look after I suppose it would be more difficult if I had a family." He looks deeply thoughtful for the briefest of moments and shrugs his shoulders "I'm going to call him/ her a meanie." He winks playfully, a gentle smile on his maw.

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 pm
Syrius Lionwing

The small lioness paced quietly beside him. She admitted privately that he was pretty big, compared to her, but then again almost everyone was. Her and her litter were a bit on the small side of lions. So he wasn't all jest, and was willing to fight if an altercation came. Aellae considered his comment. Not everyone was a gung-ho reaver. There were a lot of freeborns around the pride. It hadn't occurred to her that they might provide a useful function other than bossing thralls around.

"So your comedic relief." Not the typical profession, but interesting. She had to chuckle as he mentioned quota. It was good he spread it around. "Holes? How do those work?" If she saw a hole, logically she'd just go around. The lioness wrinkled her nose. How had he gotten Al from her name? Whatever.

"My master, or I call him by name." How had he missed this part of life? She wondered. Aellae shook her head. "Bousvor is a bachelor too, but he's got a lot of thralls." Although one of her siblings had already found a master of their own. It made her contemplate the option for herself. But who? She didn't want a mean master. Aellae shook her head in bewilderment. "Who? What?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:00 am
Magnadearel

Loki chuckled quietly padding along beside her "how do holes work?" He beams brightly. "Its easy, you dig one hole, then dig annother, you leave one open and cover the other with branches, the lion circumvents the first hole, and drops in to the second. Its quite funny, even funnier if you can make the hole muddy in the bottom, or fill it with bugs." He nods a sage nod. "I'v never been called that before, but yup, I guess that's what I am. Its more fun than bossing folk about or marching accross the savannah." He snorts "That sort of thing just isnt for me."

"Master." He said the wort with a spit, as if he was tasting it, rolling it around on his tongue. "I'm going to stick with meanie." He looks at the furs he was carrying for her and frowned. "I wouldn't make you do this." He grumbles.

"Your meanie, does he make you do this stuff all the time?"

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:48 am
Syrius Lionwing

She shook her head slightly in bafflement over his obsession with holes. Maybe he thought it was funny, but she rather saw things from the other side of the lion who was falling into the holes. Did everyone laugh at his jokes? She couldn't be sure, but as he was freeborn, he could get away with a lot more stuff. She didn't want to land in mud or bugs! If he'd found his calling, maybe that was good enough for him?

Aellae flicked her ears with amusement at the thought of calling Bousvor a meanie. "I'd say he's actually one of the better masters. He's kind, and watches out for us. Doesn't give us unreasonable chores to do either. We can speak our minds with him if we have something to say. He's very fair." Her eyes glanced back to the furs and a grin crossed her lips. "Are you saying you'd rather sleep on dirty, smelly furs?" Maybe he could take it, but she wouldn't!

"No. Sometimes we clean, or go with him on vikings to carry the loot back. I've picked up dinner for the family before. There's sweeping and tidying around the den too. It varies from day to day."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:14 pm
Magnadearel

He looked at the bemused female and laughed quietly. "Don't worry I don't do it all the time, its a good way to catch a meal too. No chasing, just patience." He shrugs his shoulders "Well sometimes there's a chase." He flickers his tail his golden eyes deeply thoughtful.

"No, I don't want to sleep on dirty furs, but that's why I have a back and paws, I can do it myself." He raised a brow at the little female, he'd never really felt the want to protect someone before. He wanted her to relax, he wanted her to not carry things, or clean or do any of those things it was a weird feeling, he wasnt entirely sure he liked it.

"You're too little to be doing all that. You want me to tell him? I'v never been frightened of the reavers." He huffs looking down at the slender female.

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:22 pm
Syrius Lionwing

She flicked her tail in amusement. "I'm glad your whole life isn't fun and games," she stated with heavy irony. It was a good point, if one could direct prey into a hole it would make it easier. "So what do you do when your not playing pranks?" Aellae was curious. What did a lion do all day that had nothing to do? "Do you hunt for yourself? You know there's a community pot you can pick meat up at." It was a luxury of the freeborn; not to work if they didn't want to.

He surprised her by admitting he did his own chores. Bachelors she'd learned were notorious. However he didn't seem to fit the mold. It was... interesting to her. "But say you had someone to do it for you. Would you let them?" Thralls had to have some purpose. Each had his or her own place in the pride.

Aellae stared at him, then broke out laughing. "I like being able to prove that I can do something as well as any body else." Her eyes twinkled with amusement. "Perhaps you should meet him. I'll arrange it if you want." She patted his shoulder then resumed walking. "I think we're about far enough to shake these out."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:17 am
Loki looked at Aellae carefully, he thought for a moment about what exactly he wanted to say to her, she was questioning his way of living? Well he supposed when you were a freeborn you had an abundant amount of time on your paws. What did he do when he wasn't playing around? "I like to hunt for myself and I'd never ask a girl to do something I couldn't do for myself. My mother raised me and my siblings on her own so she taught us to be independent. I can look after myself, I don't need a thrall to do it for me." He sniffs and shrugs his shoulders "I mostly just do what I want. I play games, play some tricks, hunt, sleep, do what ever pleases me. Right now it pleases me to help you." He shifts in to a sitting position letting the furs fall from his back.

"Yes, I think I want to meet him, I want to give him a piece of my mind." He'd never really given anyone a piece of his mind before, he had no idea why he was feeling so uppity about the little female before him. A passing thought in his head that she reminded him of his mother passed quickly, she really didn't his mother had been an independent lady, she'd known her mind and raised her cubs accordingly. Shaking his head the tan maned male let out a deep rumble.

"I think you should come with me. I'll tell him that." He surprised himself at his own words. What was he saying? He didn't want a Thrall, he wanted her to not be doing the chores even if she wanted to prove she could. Well, he'd said it now, he looks to Aellae and raises a brow. "If you want to be free, I'll help you..." He pauses for a moment "If you want me to."

Magnadearel

Syrius Lionwing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:06 pm
Syrius Lionwing

She listened to him. As she did so, she realized they were trying to come to an understanding. Each trying to understand the other. Aellae hid a smile from her lips. "I'm glad your mother taught you all that, but not every freeborn is. I'd say your a rare freeborn willing to do all your own stuff." It was a compliment of sorts. She nodded as he went over the list of stuff he did. The privilege of being freeborn. She was flattered though when he said it pleased him to help her.

"Thralls need work to do. If they don't, they can become lazy and insolent. Can you imagine the pride if all the thralls were lazy? There'd be complete chaos." She grinned. This meeting she wouldn't miss it for the world! "Excellent! I'll arrange it." He took her off guard. Freedom? To become a freeborn? Aellae was momentarily at a lost for words. She knew her mother had grand plans some day to win her freedom from Bousvor. But herself? With her foot it was ever unlikely she could win a match against as strong a captain as her master was.

"I.... I don't know. Never gave it much thought really. Nevermind. You'll meet my master first." The brown lioness quickly leaned down to grab a rug and shake it fiercely. Her mind was a whorl with thoughts, and activity helped.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff