Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mkodi

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:51 am
User Image

User ImageGetting Your God Quest Approved

• Read all of the information about gods in SoA, found HERE.

• NEW! God Approvals are now being handled monthly. Your form may be crossed out before you are informed of any final decisions, but you should receive a PM regarding approval and conditions by the end of the month.

• Every effort will be made to keep up but sometimes a month may be skipped. In those cases, hopefully you will get your response by the end of the next month.

• Domain

• Pick a domain that is unique, check the god list for your idea and as many synonyms as you can think of.
    • Know what your domain really is and use the simplest term for it.

• Example: Death in Battle is an interesting concept, but overlaps too much with the NPC domain, Death. Depending on what you want to focus on, acceptable alternatives could be Honor or Battle.

• If your domain has more than one meaning, please use only one.

• Example: If your domain is Horns, it can't be both musical instruments and the horns on animals heads!

• Make sure it is relevant to SoA, be prepared to justify it.

• Appearance

• Entirely up to you, though we encourage you to take inspiration from the domain.
    • This is no longer part of the form, your design is between you and your colorist.

• Powers

• General

• You should not approach any other god owners about overlap. Define your domain carefully and we will judge if it is truly unique enough.
    • "Exclusive" overlaps have been allowed in the past, where miniscule differences in definition and plots agreed upon with existing god owners have allowed very similar domains. We do not make a habit out of allowing this but if you must try, we need proof of permission from the existing god owner and a clear explanation of the difference that just makes it OK.

• Rage & Wrath, Perseverance & Determination - similar domain pairs that have been approved in the past under special circumstances.

[size=14][b][color=darkblue]Approve Me![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Domain:[/b]
[b]Existing Overlapping Domains:[/b] (Show us that you did at least some homework, please!)
[b]Definition:[/b] (What is this domain?)
[b]Relevance:[/b] (Why does it exist in SoA?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:16 pm
Approve Me! 
Domain: Aquatic Plants
Existing Overlapping Domains: The Drawned, Flowers, Herb Lore, Oceans, Plants, Poisonous Plants, Rivers, Water, Waterfalls
Definition: Plants that have adapted to living in aquatic environments (saltwater or freshwater)
Relevance: Aquatic plants are found all over the world including Africa. SoAs can interact with the plants when they are near lakes, rivers or the ocean.

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:27 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Spoils
Existing Overlapping Domains: Perhaps domains like Crafting, Conquest, Greed, Trade, Victory, War, and Warriors would be sort of overlapping? Or related in some way? I see Treasure is a currently quested God, so that would be overlapping as well.
Definition: Spoils - goods stolen or taken forcibly from a person or place
Relevance: There are many prides and even individuals that focus on gathering up the visible proof of their victories. Whether it's gems, teeth, bones, pelts, precious metals, sea shells, or the rare man-made item like fabric, everyone's definition of what they consider a trophy can change, but the act of getting that trinket by some means of force doesn't. A head-to-head competition, a sneak attack, or even slipping into someone's land and stealing all qualify to gain spoils. These are treasures won by someone's prowess and, while it's not always a good connotation, you can't deny seeing someone walk by decorated in visual proof of their accomplishments is impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:52 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: The Hidden
Existing Overlapping Domains: Secrets, Illusions, Sight
Definition: To put or keep out of sight or away from notice
Relevance: Hiding can be key to survival in the land of SoA

Approve Me!
Domain: Honor
Existing Overlapping Domains: Chivalry, Pride, Virtue, Courage
Definition: Honesty, fairness, dignity, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions
Relevance: Honor is a respectable quality for SoA to have, especially in prides or packs

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:27 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Graveyards
Existing Overlapping Domains:
Closest:
Death Rites - I honestly don't know what the whole theme around this God is, there's no details. It would certainly be done in a graveyard though, or before the entity is laid to rest..?
Sacred Grounds - Not sure what this god encompasses fully either! But Graveyards are certainly considered sacred to some.

Overlapping/Related:
Decay, Despair, Ghosts, The Lost, The Occult, Rememberance, The Undead
None of these are really the concept I have in mind, but they're definitely related to Graveyards depending on the individual.

Definition:
Graveyards - A place where individuals are often laid to rest following their passing.

Relevance:
There are many prides throughout SoA that experience war, and others who simply lay their dead to rest following tragedy. Whether they are afflicted by disease, pass away of old age, or die a hero in battle... Most are granted a grave.

To some, these regions are places of despair and sadness, to others they're a symbol of hope and tranquility. No matter how you regard these places, they generally invoke some kind of reaction as well as tales of phantoms and other supernatural forces. Some even claim that a presence always exists within, though whether it's malevolent or not is generally down to perception.

However, Graveyards as a god doesn't represent any feelings, he literally represents a place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:28 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Animosity
Existing Overlapping Domains: Hate
Definition: a feeling or spirit of hostility and resentment
Relevance: The turmoil of a family torn apart over differing views in belief.

magnadearel

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:47 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Lunatics
Existing Overlapping Domains: Identity (overlapping), Insanity* (parent), the Mind (overlapping), Misfits (overlapping), Psychopathy (parent)

*Similar overlapping domains include Guards/Protection and The Hunt/Predators - in each case there is a general domain and then a specific, separate domain for those individuals to whom it applies.
Definition: An individual who is not considered sane, mentally healthy, or otherwise capable of reasoning in the way others expect them to.
Relevance: Even without the influence of the Goddess of Insanity, there are creatures who are just plain nuts. It's only reasonable that they too would have a god who is devoted to them as individuals, instead of their affliction in general. Again, see above with domains like Guards & Protection, Predators & The Hunt, and Rogues & Wanderlust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:19 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Duality
Existing Overlapping Domains: Balance, Choices, Conscience, Mirrors?
Definition: The state or quality of being two or in two parts.
Relevance: Some lions are dual-natured, of their own design or without their knowledge, and it is these lions Duality looks over. Unlike Balance, which is more for an equal playing field, Duality only guarantees a difference or a split, but not necessary one that would have one side countering the other.

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: the Dawn
Existing Overlapping Domains: Day, Horizons, Beginnings, Light, The Sun, Night?, Darkness?, Balance?
Definition: The period of twilight before sunrise, it is recognized by the presence of weak sunlight, while the Sun itself is still below the horizon.
Relevance: Every SoA has seen the dawn at least once in their lifetime!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:06 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Claws
Existing Overlapping Domains: Bones (and if you want to stretch it a little, Battle, Hunting ("the hunt"), Warrior(s), etc. but I interpret it more literal)
Definition: This domain is specific to claws which SoA grow in order to protect, hunt, and battle.
Relevance: As mentioned above, nearly all SoA utilize this natural-born tool to maintain their existence, in every day lives.

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:00 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Cremation
Existing Overlapping Domains: Ashes (I own- it's his sister), Death Rites (idk anything abt the SoA god tho), Decay (sort of, deals w what happens to the body after death)
Definition: The combustion of deceased into ashes (usually as a funeral or post-funeral rite). An alternative to burial.
Relevance: Ceremonially or when wildfires break out, SoA may deliberately use or simply know of cremation. Can be very spiritual or cathartic. We all need ways to deal with our deceased somehow.
Also it doesn't physically affect living SoA, so it can't be too dangerous.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Entropy
Sibling/Overlapping - Decay
I believe "Decay" in SoA is the literal decay of corpses/plant life etc. Not the same as Entropy is, but they both represent degradation. Decay represents it the biological process, Entropy represents the measurement of the degradation of matter and energy.

Parent - Change
He is the 'measurement' of a form of universal and ever present change.

Parent - Time
He is the 'measurement', therefore related to time in a sense.

Definition:
The degradation of matter and energy in the universe to a state of inert conformity.

It is a measurement, not a catalyst/cause.

Relevance:
Regardless of which species a SoA might be, there are those who aspire towards order, and those who aspire towards chaos. Both vy for power and this is how their world has always worked. It is a battle that might seem sustainable at a glimpse, but on a larger stage it plays a critical role in the grand play that leads to the inevitable; there are those creatures in the world that recognise this and how trivial such power struggles therefore are...

Creatures die, landscapes shift, memories fade. The only thing that is a certainty is that nothing lasts forever...there is one universal inevitability that must always be observed.

This silent, enigmatic being seeks only to observe that which is inevitable - that all things must return to their source eventually.

Epine de Rose

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:11 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Pheromones
Existing Overlapping Domains: Negative Emotions, Love, Hate, Animals, Ambition, Choices [slightly?], Conflict, Connections, Deception, Distractions, Flowers [maybe?], Hypnosis, Instinct, Temptation, I think that's it?
Definition: Pheromone is "a chemical substance produced and released into the environment by an animal, especially a mammal or an insect, affecting the behavior or physiology of others of its species."
Relevance: Attraction to another of your own species could be as simple as being drawn to a certain scent that you may not even be aware exists, and that would be pheromones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:32 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Moths
Existing Overlapping Domains: Butterflies
Definition: A moth is 'a chiefly nocturnal insect related to the butterflies. It lacks the clubbed antennae of butterflies and typically has a stout body, drab coloration, and wings that fold flat when resting.'
Relevance: Moths are everywhere, and in fact some of the most beautiful and unique moths are in africa (or alternately, madagascar). There's no real reason to think they wouldn't be a deity linked to the little fuzzy flyers.

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Giants
Strength possibly..?
Maybe Epic Feats...?
Definition: Physical size, larger than life SoA
Relevance: There could easily be larger SoA that would fall under the domain. I think the idea behind the domain fits the world setting.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff