Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Post-March Madness Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 pm
so, i dunno if anyone's seen this, and this is certainly late notice if you haven't, but wizards is having a creature competition this week is the first week of voting and the last to choose your brackets. i'm wondering if anyone else has seen or is participating in this.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:37 pm
I have Vecna vs Asmodeus in the finals, with Asmodeus taking the prize. The winner is getting a write-up of some kind in D&D Encounters!  

SlimeGuru

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm
Ah, I remember when they did this way back when with the creature competition that promised to have Eludecia, Succubus Paladin, in an adventure. Man, did that adventure suck a**...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:41 pm
SlimeGuru
I have Vecna vs Asmodeus in the finals, with Asmodeus taking the prize. The winner is getting a write-up of some kind in D&D Encounters!
my finals are the raven queen vs. the lady of pain, with the raven queen winning the finals mostly due to a coin flip.

actually my whole final four is darkly mysterious/evil women. iggwilv, raven queen, lady of pain, and eludecia. clearly i have a gender bias.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm
SporkMaster5000
SlimeGuru
my finals are the raven queen vs. the lady of pain, with the raven queen winning the finals mostly due to a coin flip.

actually my whole final four is darkly mysterious/evil women. iggwilv, raven queen, lady of pain, and eludecia. clearly i have a gender bias.

Raven Queen would rape everyone, they wouldn't stand a chance ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 pm
Poor Eludecia... That was quite a terrible adventure. I'm hoping for better results this time, heh.

My final four is Zagyg vs Vecna and Asmodeus vs Eludecia

Lets hope that no matter who wins, we get a decent adventure.  

SlimeGuru

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:50 pm
NayrVentess
SporkMaster5000
SlimeGuru

Raven Queen would rape everyone, they wouldn't stand a chance ^^
i dunno, lady of pain manages to keep gods and demons out of sigil, I igure there's gotta be more behind that than inconvenience.

I do think the undead bracket is totally rigged with three gods and a demon prince mixed in with liches and vampires and deathknights. curbstomp much?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:51 pm
SlimeGuru
Lets hope that no matter who wins, we get a decent adventure.
agreed. though, the 4e adventures i've read seem to have a pretty good average quality. i understand a lot of the free 3.x adventures wizards posted on their site were not exactly the cream of the crop.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:07 pm
Acerabak for the win. Sorry.

Ace v. Tiamat was my pick  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm
My final 4 were Vecna, Rajaat, Tharizdun, Artemis , with Tharizdun taking the gold home. I only found out about The Lady of Pain after that joke DnD web cartoon thing, then did some research on her. I really like her and might put her in my campaign somewhere on down the road, though she missed out on the top 4 because of my love for Tharizdun. >.< A God so crazy the other God's chained him up and revoked him of all his powers? Yes please. I'd love a Tharizdun campaign so much, could be a lot of fun. I know he'll never win though. =(  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:14 pm
My final four was Halastar, Raven Queen, Tiamat and Artemis. I was so tempted to put Splug through, but my love for Artemis wouldn't let me ^^ And it wasn't down to me, it is just fact - The Raven Queen one, Artemis just couldn't take her.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm
Splug and Meepo in the finals  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 pm
Arc Vembris
Splug and Meepo in the finals
best adventure ever.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:23 pm
I did well in the dieties and wizards etc. brackets. bad choices included keraptis (stupid beholders...) and Imix (stupid drow goddess...)

in the undead i faltered, picking doresian (honestly i'm kinda surprised, but i guess soth was awesome or something? I just figured lich > death knight), hephaestus (i just didn't give stradh enough credit. some dracolich driz'zt did his thing against is not better than the dracula expy), and lady vol (I didn't really care who won this cat-lich fight anyway, so i blame the coin flip).

in the monster bracket i got fully half of them wrong, i'm prepared to have every one of my picks lose this round too. Then again it might be more accurately named the "random other stuff" bracket, so whatever. stupid monsters... stare  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:48 pm
In the Devils etc. section, I got 7/8, I just thought the gigantic Leech man Kyuss would beat the Lady of Pain, no matter.

In the Wizards etc. I got the top five right, bottom three wrong. Although i didn't know any of the bottom ones, but I am happy that all my favourites are going through in that section ^^

Oh come on! Kas would beat Acecerak, he could defeat a Lich in his sleep! razz I got 4/8 in Undead, happy with Vecna and Raven Queen going through.

Take that Meepo! Jarlaxle FTW! 5/8 on the Monsters and Legends, Artemis and Splug, good to go smile Looking forward to next week, just gonna get my buffs in now.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff