Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(D&D Adapted 3e/3.5e) The Greatest Evil... (Running!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:21 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

Player Username: Grevus

Character Name: Tama Mirumoto
Race: Anthro Tiger
Class: Samurai (Dragon)/Monstrous Humanoid
Level: Samurai 8th, plus 2 racial HD (10th)
Exp: 45000

Hp: 54
AC: 21 (+4 Partial Armor, +4 DEX, +2 Natural, +1 Two-Weapon Defense)
Touch AC; 14
Flat-footed AC: 17
Speed: 30ft (20ft in Partial Armor)

Initiative modifier: +4

STR: 15
DEX: 18
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 15
CHA: 10

Saves:
Fortitude: +8
Reflex: +9
Will: +11

Base Attack Bonus: +10/+5

Grapple Modifier: +12

==============
Inventory :

Weapons: Energy Aura Katana (1d10/19-20/X2 Slashing +1d6 energy, 6 lb)
Wakizashi (1d6/19-20/X2 slashing, 3lb)
Composite Greatbow of Distance (1d10/X3 piercing, 260ft, 6 lb)
Claw (1d6/x2 slashing and piercing)
Bite (1d8/x2 Bludgeoning, Slashing and Piercing)

Armor: Partial Armor (30lb, 25% arcane spell failure chance, speed 20ft)

Other: Backpack with Waterskin, everlasting rations, bedroll, sack, flint and steel, 20 arrows.

Gold: 29000

==============
Skills:
Ride +11, Swim +9, Jump +9, Climb +9, Iaijutsu Focus +7, Sense Motive +9

Languages:
Common

==============
Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Defense, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Improved Sunder, Cleave.

Weapon Groups: Light Blades, Heavy Blades, Bows, Exotic Weapons

==============
Special Abilites/Attacks/Qualities: Improved Grab, Rake (1d6+2), Pounce, Ancestral Daisho.

==============
Spells Prepared/Known: N/A

==============
Alginment: Lawful Good
Deity: The Dungeon Master.
Size: Medium
Height: 6"0
Weight: 201 lb
Description/ Image: Mirumoto Tama

This campaign was partially inspired by a one-act play known as The Bear, which followed the story of a widow who was still young and very beautiful, her servant, and a very rude, very violent debt collector who came to pick up some money the widow's husband owed him. After a loud argument that ended with a prepared duel, the widow and the collector wound up making out.

Now, you're not going to see this element right away. This comes along (hopefully) much later in the plot, assuming what I want to happen happens. This would be basically the only element from this play that occurs, as well.

And, admittedly, my idea is closer to Stockholm Syndrome than anything.

Her name was Fyera, a fiery human with beauty matched only by her skill with weapons and sheer fury in battle. For her short stint as an adventurer, Fyera was a decent hero in her own right. As a fighter who pledged allegiance to Pelor, she was a developing beacon of light, who had the potential to become a legend. At least, that's how it was, until something went terribly wrong.

It should have been an easy mission: Rescue the nobleman's child who had been taken by a demon to the tomb of an ancient wizard on a foreboding island. Fyera and her adventuring companions were tearing through a horde of undead and summoned creatures of the lower planes. It wasn't exactly a cakewalk, but the adventurers seemed to have their mission in the bag.

This was when the real villain appeared; a Lich by the name of Kestus. Kestus had been weakening the adventurers, sending monsters that wouldn't kill the party, but it would weaken them. This left them as prime targets for his powerful death magic. Fyera watched her allies die, never having a chance to even touch the undead spellcaster. Finally, Fyera was the only of them left.

For whatever reason, Kestus left the girl alive, if only barely. Whatever sadistic purpose the Lich had for the martial beauty, it was undoubtably served for weeks of torture, finally pushing Fyera over the edge into insanity. Kestus soon added her into his evil army, ready to launch an attack on a neighboring town.

It wasn't long before other adventurers came to challenge the undead. These warriors were obviously better prepared, and soon, Kestus was completely obliterated. Fyera herself, having shied away from the battle, found her own sweet comfort in locating the phylactery and destroying it.

Still, Kestus's doings had left a nigh-indelible mark on her psyche. Fyera soon began having horrid nightmares after the adventurers had vacated the area. In her dreams, she hurtled through a dark void that was illuminated by an unholy light far below, scenes of horrid brutality seen to the left and right, among them the brutal overkill of Kestus's phylactery, and others still worse, all of them involving Fyera in some way. As she neared the light she was falling towards, Fyera would look at her body to see everything, clothing, skin, and tissue, being ripped away as she was bathed in the light.

Fyera came to view the nightmares as visions: Those vile acts represented a path she must take, while the light represented her final doom and the destruction of her soul. Since that "epiphany" countless horrid acts have been seen across the countryside, and there are more than a few who would be willing to pay for them to stop.

So, yeah. Whole wall of text for a back-story. One thing to know about Fyera: while most want her taken care of for obvious reasons, there are a few who have come to see her as a sort of manifestation. Followers of Erythnul have allied themselves with the violent fallen hero, eagerly helping "save her life" while using her as a convenient means of locating suitable sacrifices.

Calling all adventurers, we need some serious help before we're all turned into a bloody, mangled mess.

Available Sources: As I said, this changes 3rd edition books so they are more easily used in a campaign like this. My complete collection contains the following:
The core books (3.5 edition. No worries!)
Monster Manual 2 ( 3rd edition beasts are now magical beasts, and we're assigning LA based on abilities)
Monster Manual 3 (Needs no notes)
Manual of the Planes (even if we don't use it for the planes, we might be able to use it for other ways)
The Draconomicon (because this allows prestige classes that can use dragons to open up some whoop-a**.)
The Arms and Equipment Guide (Weapons, Vehicles, Mounts, Mercenaries, You name it.)
Complete Warrior (Some of the bad guys are drawn from this, some of the heroes can be drawn from this)
Savage Species (Helps when trying to figure out monsters from 3rd edition sources, and opens up the window for monster characters.)
Oriental Adventures (I would say something serious, but I really just want to throw one or two ninjas at you. Besides, this means more weapons.)
Heroes of Battle (Because this helps with rules on the outside of dungeons, and a lot of other stuff.)
Unearthed Arcana (Well, don't you want a ton of customizable character options?)
Exemplars of Evil (It helps explain the villains, see how a lot of them work, and a lot of other stuff. You can use stuff from it, too, since you can be evil.)
D&D Wiki (just hand me a link to the articles before you decide to pop a full homebrew out).
d20srd.com (because this crap is useful)
Banned Resources:
None yet. If you can give me a description of a character built from another book, and his/her abilities in detail, I'll probably allow it.

ECL: Including racial HD and possibly LA, the ECL is ten.
Gold: Standard.
Races: If it's got a smart brain, it's probably playable if it has an LA. If it doesn't have a level adjustment, don't bother. Following those rules, go reasonable. We still use LA, but that can be edited with the buy-off.
Ability Scores*: Use the standard roll your dice up stuff (4d6, drop the lowest result, re-roll anything below ten) or use a 32-point point-buy system (where everything starts off at eight, and you judiciously add points as you see fit. You also have a Taint score, but that starts off as zero. Feel free to screw yourself with it as much as you want.)

If you use a monster character, the LA has a factor for the point-buy.

> LA +0 32 point buy character.

> LA +1 25 point buy character.

> LA +2 18 point buy character.

> LA +3 10 point buy character.

> LA +4 00 point buy character.

Also, you can reduce your LA by paying an experience point cost.. Further information on this can be found here.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Roll your HD, add your constitution modifier, enjoy your character. Re-roll if your HP is noticeably less than the rest of the party's, assuming your dice isn't ridiculously tiny (so, if you've got poor HP due to a d4, but it's a good roll for a d4, stop complaining, you're probably meant to be in the back anyway. If you use a d12, and you've got six hp, that's when we've got a problem.)
Alignments: Any, really. Evil doesn't mean you stab the PC's in the back, it just means you're in this adventure to further your own agenda rather than helping for the sake of helping. You're still fully capable of working with the PC's normally.
Pantheon: Any. Even the custom ones from D&D Wiki.
Backgrounds: If you want to put in a biography, that's fine. In fact, I'll give you 1000 extra gold and enough EXP to get you a quarter of the way to the next level.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

Feats and class features that grant a bonus of +2 or higher in a non-class skill allow you to treat those skills as class skills (non-class becomes class, if you didn't get that.)
Profession and Knowledge skills are class skills for all classes; which knowledge or profession you choose is your choice.
We're using Weapon Group feats in place of the standard proficiencies for each class. This table serves as the basic guide for determining which proficiencies you have based on archetype (scouts are similar to rangers, ninjas and swashbucklers are similar to rogues, knights are similar to paladins, and so forth.)
We'll use Craft Points
Traits and Flaws are welcome
Stat-out your familiar, mount, animal companion, or whatever else, along with your character.
I'm using a homebrew feat; Improvised Weapon Proficiency (General). The benefit of this feat is the ability to turn one mundane object into a weapon, and you are treated as proficient with it when fighting and thus do not take -4 penalty. A fighter may select this feat as a bonus feat. Normally, you would be treated as non-proficient. This cannot be integrated into weapon groups, since they still aren't true weapons.
I'm also adding several weapon-group feats and editing another one. Further information on the weapons presented can be found here.

Weapon Group [pistols]
You know how to use the following weapons normally: Simple Pistol, Dueling Pistol, and Martial Pistol.

Weapon Group [Light Rifles]
You know how to use the following weapons normally: Light Musket, Light Arquebus, and Light Harquebus

Weapon Group [Heavy Rifles]
You know how to use the following weapons normally: Heavy Musket, Heavy Battle Musket, Heavy Arquebus, and Heavy Harquebus.

Weapon Group [Shields]
You know how to use the following weapons normally: Heavy Shield, Light Shield, Spiked Light Shield, Spiked Heavy Shield, Tessen

Weapon Group [Exotic Weapons]

Pistols

Wheelock Pistol, Exotic Pistol, and Blunderbuss (one-handed type)

Light Rifles

Blunderbuss (two-handed type), Light Great Musket, Light Great Harquebus

Heavy Rifles

Heavy Great Musket, Heavy Great Harquebus

Shields

Broad Shield, Spiked Broad Shield, Dwarven Buckler-Axe, Gnome Tortoise Blade, Dueling Shield

If you need help determining which weapon group something belongs to, use these guidelines:

If it's a sword that you can apply Weapon Finesse to, it's a Light Blade.

If it's a sword that you can't apply weapon finesse to, it's a Heavy Blade.

If it looks like an axe, I'd say it's an Axe.

If it's a long stick with a really pointy end, it's probably a Spear or Lance.

If it's a long stick with something other than a spear on the end, it's probably a pole-arm.

If it's a weapon that's really hard to be disarmed of that fits on your wrist, knuckles, or sleeve, it's probably considered a claw weapon.

If it's a bow, it probably belongs with the Bows.

If it's something that's basically designed to beat you stupid, it's probably a mace or a club.

If it looks like a hammer, or if it has a curved, pointy part, it's probably Hammer or Pick.

If it's flexible, it probably belongs to the flails and chains.

If it's a crossbow, or basically anything with a trigger other than a gun, then it's probably a crossbow or close enough to be treated s one.

If there's a part in its entry about it that involves Monks, it's probably a Monk Weapon.

Likewise, if the entry involved druids somehow, it'd be a druid weapon.

If it's not simple or martial, it's an exotic weapon.

If it's not simple or martial and has two ends, it's an exotic double weapon.

If it uses gunpowder, and you can fire it in one hand at no penalty, it's a pistol.

If it uses gunpowder and you can't fire it in one hand without a penalty, and the damage isn't wicked scary, it's probably a light rifle.

If you can't fire it with one hand without penalty, and the damage makes you pee yourself when you see how much you just got hit for, it's probably a heavy rifle.

If it's built like a shield, it's probably a shield.

If it's a throwing weapon or a sling, it's probably a thrown weapon or sling.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:40 pm
I'm thinking of a gnome Dragon Shaman(PHB2). Their main class ability is a selection of constantly-active auras that grant a variety of level-scaling benefits to allies. At 4th level they get a draconic breath weapon that improves in size and damage dice as the DS levels. At 7th they get a paladin-esque lay on hands type of healing.

Are you using Heroes of Horror Taint or Unearthed Arcana/OA taint?

Do players still get max hp for first level?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:14 am
I might be interested. Thinking of actually trying out bard for once, not sure on race yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:38 am
Arc Vembris
I'm thinking of a gnome Dragon Shaman(PHB2). Their main class ability is a selection of constantly-active auras that grant a variety of level-scaling benefits to allies. At 4th level they get a draconic breath weapon that improves in size and damage dice as the DS levels. At 7th they get a paladin-esque lay on hands type of healing.

Are you using Heroes of Horror Taint or Unearthed Arcana/OA taint?

Do players still get max hp for first level?

I'm using the OA/UA taint. And yes, we're using max HP for first level.  

Slave Xaccheus

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 am
so is the Dragon Shaman cool to use?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 am
I will play, What I still don't know but I would really like to play. I say level 10 would be a good setting for the game.  

glitterboypilot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:39 am
Arc Vembris
so is the Dragon Shaman cool to use?

Can you list all their abilities from the book, complete excerpt, in a PM I'd be able to save? It sounds cool, but I still need some info.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:56 am
Don't worry about it, Arc. I got this one.  

glitterboypilot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:12 pm
Okay, now there's a load of new base classes to use, thanks to GBP.

Go wild with the dragon shamans.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:44 pm
Um I was thinking of joining but I'm kinda new to D&D (I have played Traveller before but it's kinda different) so yeah say no if you have to just don't go to hard on me  

Reveon Black

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 pm
Reveon Black
Um I was thinking of joining but I'm kinda new to D&D (I have played Traveller before but it's kinda different) so yeah say no if you have to just don't go to hard on me

What do you need to know? I'm happy to help you.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:57 pm
ok well first I wanna make sure I have the right version of the rulebook but all it says on the front is "Player's Handbook" and then "Core Rulebook I" it does mention the d20 system so that means its by WOTC right? but I'm not sure if it's 3e. Oh and are we using an online character sheet or how does that work? That's all I can think of atm thank you for reading my questions ^^  

Reveon Black

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:06 pm
on the front of the books should be a goldish bar on the bottom of the cover saying if it is version 3.5 or 3.0,

Here is a version of the 3.5 Srd. (basic set of rules and stuff to play. It isn't much but it is legal.

http://www.d20srd.org/  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 pm
Count me in. I've been too busy to really join in the other campaign and things have been busy.

I plan on using something that's actually up my alley this time instead of something that I have yet to really try.  

Grevus

glitterboypilot rolled 16 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 1, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 1, 5, 2 Total: 43 (16-96)

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 pm
I have no idea what I want to play as, but I am just getting the dice rolls out of the way.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff