Reply 39: Spirituality.
Why God? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vivi the Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:32 am
Pardon me, all, but it seems as though this Subforum is being overrun by christianity and no longer spirituality. Personally, I find this a bit odd because, according to some christian beleifs, stuff like spirituality and things along the like are basically "Devil's Worship". Just pointing it out, and I don't mean to really pick fights, but its just funny how they all say "Choose god for he is almighty" When even god has his flaws.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:01 pm
Vivi the Twilight
Pardon me, all, but it seems as though this Subforum is being overrun by christianity and no longer spirituality. Personally, I find this a bit odd because, according to some christian beleifs, stuff like spirituality and things along the like are basically "Devil's Worship". Just pointing it out, and I don't mean to really pick fights, but its just funny how they all say "Choose god for he is almighty" When even god has his flaws.

I have some input! ...actually i guess i have a lot...

god does not have flaws but mankind does, and our flaws affect how we see god, we twist our ideas of how god since no one but jesus has seen him.
and the beliefs i think you're thinking of is more catholic stuff, ancient and corrupt things. having spiritually is fine (unless i misunderstood what you mean)
and im not saying im right, im not baptised but i do go to church and i do read my bible, and reading the bible is really where you should base your judgements about god and christianity 3nodding because people make their own rules and stray from the real rules and ways of the bible (if you read a bible don't read the king james version or else you won't understand a thing, NIV is a great version for a bible! not saying that you're gonna go out and read a bible... so nevermind)

I hope this helped, for whatever you were looking for/ wondering about  

MOf_bleah

Lillith Face Two

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 pm
MOf_bleah

and im not saying im right, im not baptised but i do go to church and i do read my bible, and reading the bible is really where you should base your judgements about god and christianity 3nodding because people make their own rules and stray from the real rules and ways of the bible

The bible was written by man, how can you live your life by a book that was written thousands of years ago?
Not to mention some of the ridiculous things that are in there, do you really beleive people lived for 900+ years?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:26 pm
yeah it has gotten a bit overrin by christianity,but i don't belive God has flaws, we do.  

khadicake

MOf_bleah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:33 pm
MeZicH
MOf_bleah

and im not saying im right, im not baptised but i do go to church and i do read my bible, and reading the bible is really where you should base your judgements about god and christianity 3nodding because people make their own rules and stray from the real rules and ways of the bible

The bible was written by man, how can you live your life by a book that was written thousands of years ago?
Not to mention some of the ridiculous things that are in there, do you really beleive people lived for 900+ years?

yes but it is the only book that survived for more than 2000 years with over thousands of copies written by scribes. The dates from the earliest remaining copies to the original vary from 35-160 years. So thats like saying you don't believe world war 2 happen seeing as it was only like... 50 years ago. and there are even articles like journals and whatnot written by non believers that comment about jesus and the bible. So will you not believe them either? so why not believe the bible? as it proves that there is a god and that there was a jesus. Why would so many people copy it down by hand just because it was some fake?
And if you read it, the verses and way to live your life are practical and they do make sense.

yes people lived long, but isn't it also ridiculus that we can be here from over millions of years of evolution?
and this is the first testimant, before jesus had come so it has more random stuff that can sometimes not really be relatable to your own life.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 am
MeZicH
MOf_bleah

God inspired man to write down His words. In the New Testament, it says that the Bible is God breathed.

And yeah, the Bible WAS written by man. More like men. Over forty different authors spanning over fifty generations and three continents. And never once does it contradict itself. And If you find a "contradiction", please bring it to me and I can explain it. mrgreen  

Imitation Stradivarius

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:33 am
Vivi the Twilight

Please clarify "spirituality".  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:49 am
There's nothing wrong with Christianity, but I feel much more comfortable as an Agnostic since it allows me freedom and the ability to respect and accept others' religious/spiritual beliefs easily.  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:16 am
And God does make mistakes. He made you, didn't he?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 pm
Fictional Like Truth

LOL BURN!!!!!!!!!
And no He doesn't. biggrin  

Imitation Stradivarius

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 am
Imitation Stradivarius
Fictional Like Truth

LOL BURN!!!!!!!!!

One: Thank God you have a sense of humor; I appreciate that.

Two: I was wondering, has anyone here thoroughly read the non-canonical holy scriptures or at least know where I can find them?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:07 pm
Vivi the Twilight

According to the Bible (which I have read many times) it says that spirituality is not worship of the Devil but it does say that worshiping spirits is. Although many try to find fault in the Bible, they all fail, because nothing in the Bible states flaws or sins except for man's not God's. Also these faults were started by the Devil, not man it was a fallen angel that influenced sin and wrong, not man nor God, also many religion or spiritual forums have been taken over by questions and insults of Christianity and other related beliefs.  

Irational_Angel

Irational_Angel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Fictional Like Truth
Imitation Stradivarius
Fictional Like Truth

LOL BURN!!!!!!!!!

One: Thank God you have a sense of humor; I appreciate that.

Two: I was wondering, has anyone here thoroughly read the non-canonical holy scriptures or at least know where I can find them?

I have read them, you can find them in any local Church or religious place, the library always has acopy of almost every religious testimony and scriptures from a mass of religions from all over the world. Hope I helped!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:28 pm
ok you know how there are diffrent kind of religions all of them are right and all of them are wrong. They say the christian bible was written first, but do we realy know that? no we wern't ther when god made earth and adam and eve. So you shouldn't belive a book, you shouldnt belive a person, what you should do is just listen to what you belive in and if you belive in worshiping hell let them. It's not any of our concerns. It's theres. If someone wants to kill people for no reason at all let them go to hell if thats what they want. All you have to do is worry about what you belive in and that will take you all the way. Did you ever hear about God will come back to Earth to get us when the devil comes and trys to take over the earth? Well dont you think God ahould take all of us no matter what religion we are because we taught that that was the right religion and the others are wrong. It's not our fault if we take the wrong religion because our elders told us it was the right religion. All of this stuff is like a rumor a gossip. It all started with a persons saying or opinion.  

The Virgin Slayer

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers