Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digital Simulation (Unofficial RP Forum)
Heroes: 'Activating Evolution' Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chikyu Kodomo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 pm
(This rp is based on the TV show 'Heroes,' which is about characters involved with people refered to as 'evolved humans, or humans which have taken to Charles Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest and evolved beyond normal humans. In fact they have evolved to the point that they have reached heights normally impossible to obtain by normal means: teleportation, levitation, rapid tissue regeneration, things which were normally outside of human possibility have become obtained by normal people. This rp revolves around these people, some who did not ask for these gifts, nor want them, some of whom believe this a sign that they have been called to greatness, and others who believe that they must use these 'gifts' to carry out their destiny.

The character profile is as follows:

Gaianame:
Character Name:
Ability: [not all characters need to have abilities; 'n/a' in such a case]
Bio:
Appearance: [picture or description])

'Scientists are fascinated by puzzles, and I am no exception. I have been known to spend hours on a drizzly Sunday morning, much to my wife's frustration, indulging in the most elegant puzzle yet designed by man: the New York Times crossword. There is a lyricism in the way the words stack and fall upon one another and in the small, elusive clues that gently prod like a teacher coaxing an answer from a faltering student. Most assume that a vast vocabulary is necessary to defeat these difficult puzzles, but the clues, as they are in the greater puzzles of like, are not literal — they are figurative. And figurative clues require not a vast vocabulary, although that does help, but a vast imagination.

Just as imagination is the key to unlock the secrets of the Sunday crossword puzzle, it is also the key to unlock the riddles of science, of the cosmos, of mankind, of the future. The idea of "cold, hard science" is an illusion, for science is neither "cold" nor "hard". Those are attributes that we apply to things that frighten or repel us, things we don't understand. In fact, science is beauty, a way to get at truth, and to get at truth one must be willing to see every angle of every puzzle, which requires a great and deep imagination. Our physical senses, while providing our only connection to the world around us, also limit our everyday perception, and we must work to remove these limits if we are to seek, with total, fearless honesty, the truth of what is to come.

I had considered call this book "Activating Imagination," but ultimately felt this title would mislead more than it would enlighten. Yet, as I write these words from my office at Chennai University, I wonder if I made the right choice. After all, this book asks much of its readers, starting with a willingness to accept things that he or she may find alien and possibly even heretical, things that require an active and engaged imagination. Those that possess this important trait may come to believe, as I have, that the human species is at the very dawn of an evolutionary renaissance, a word that I do not use lightly. "renaissance" literally means "rebirth" and that is exactly what is now at hand.

My work with the human genome project has uncovered the fact that tiny variations in our species' genetic code are taking place at an increasingly rapid rate. This should come as no surprise. So-called evolution is just that — evolving. It is an ongoing process with no beginning and no end. As the world around us changes due to technology, shifts in the environmental patterns, overcrowding living conditions, war, disease, and hundreds of other seen and unseen factors, mankind reacts and mankind changes.

We evolve.

Currently, mankind uses less than a tenth of his brain power; there are even those who believe that we use much less than that. And though the human brain is the most remarkable mechanism we know of on earth, it is still highly inefficient and can only interpret the most obvious and base of senses: sight, smell, sound, passion, fear. But add a mere two additional neural pathways and the brain could interpret wavelengths at a frequency a thousand times greater than our current capacity, giving us the ability to hear each others' thoughts.

What else could the human brain and body achieve with the subtlest changes in biochemistry? Teleportation, levitation, instantaneous tissue regeneration, precognition, telekinesis, and even invisibility are well within the realm of possibility. Could it even be happening already?

I believe that it is.

Some may find this proposition ridiculous, others may find it terrifying, but it is my hope that you will find it thrilling for I believe, with all my imagination, that we are standing on the very threshold of true human potential.'

—Chandra Suresh, Chennai University, 1993  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:52 pm
( 3nodding very literate my friend)  

oreck01

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:21 pm
Gaianame: Yin Yun Yang
Character Name:Yin
Home: Orphan, wandering.
Ability: shapeshifting, into anything
Bio: Was orphaned at a young age. Has traveled across the world using his ability to travel and hide. Looks around for stuff he finds interesting.
Appearance:Usually a boy with blue hair. Can be anything he imagines though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 pm
(Eh, not really.)

Gaianame: Chikyu Kodomo
Character Name: Zachary Wilson
Home: New York, NY
Ability: precognition (the ability to paint the future; he enters a precognitive trance which allows him to see the future, then paints an image from what he sees)
Bio: Zach graduated from college with an degree in cartooning and illustration. He spends most of his time making comics, and is currently working in his father's studio. He sometimes does sketches of people for his comics. He first discovered his ability when he painted a picture of a murder on 3rd Street, which happenned two days later.
Appearance:
User Image  

Chikyu Kodomo

Chikyu Kodomo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:10 pm
Character Name: Jordan Spencer
Home: ?
Ability: equivalent force redirection (able to alter the direction of the force of an object he makes contact with while having it maintain its force; in the case of contact with multiple objects, he is able to transfer the force of one obejct to the other; anobject he is touching also have this effect as long as he maintains contact with that object)
Bio: He is a man who is currently the head of an organization known only as 'the Company'...
Appearance:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:04 am
Gaianame: kingzetsu13
Character Name: brice johnson
Home: new york
Ability: [not all characters need to have abilities; 'n/a' in such a case] the ability to copy other powers by touch
powers taken 4
flight : ability to fly
got this ability and one of the first ability ever gotten was when he fell off the roof of a building and his uncle who could fly (now dead by an unkown reason) saved him
copy cat :can copy any movement he sees
got this ability when he met a girl with this ability homeless in the street and found her parrents for her
teleportation
can teleport anywhere he want all he has to do is think of a place or a person
got this ability by fighting a guy name victor who was a punk and wanted to fight a guy with powers brice won and got a new power
flame control
ability to control fire but not make it that is why he keeps a lighter on him
got this ability by meeting a boy who could control fire and helping him out
Bio: ever scince he was 14 he travled around trying to find his parrents and ended up helping alot of people right now he is stoping his search and livin with his aunt casey in new york
Appearance: [picture or description]) http://www.jeffgoode.com/tv/undressed/01season/cliff.jpg  

king zetsu13

Chikyu Kodomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:05 pm
Character Name: Noah Renith; a.k.a: Faust
Home: none
Ability: intuitive aptitude (the ability to intuitively understand how things work, such as watches or the human brain; uses this ability to kill people, carve out their brains and steal their abilities)

Abilities stolen: 3

enhanced speed (the power to move faster than normal people, and potential reach supersonic speeds without damaging oneself; stolen from an already dead patient in the morgue)

telekinesis (the power to move things with one's thoughts; stolen from the chief of police)

crystalization (the ability to trigger the crystallizing of rocks or minerals instantaneously; stolen from an archaeologist who was studying the rock formations caused within caves and how they were formed)

Bio: Formerly a scientist performing autopsy at the morgue in New York, Noah quickly realized that his ability allowed him to understand how things worked. After removing the brain of an already dead patient to see if he would be able to use it to determine details of the patient's death by examining it, he soon discovered that his ability also allowed him to steal powers from others since the victim had a power. Soon after, he quit his job under the pretext that he was feeling nervous after the recent death of the police chief, which was actually his doing since the chief also had an ability. He then began traveling around killing others with abilities.
Appearance:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:19 pm
How many characters are you going to have?  

Yin Yun Yang

king zetsu13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:23 pm
its cool as the rp progress he is probally going to get alot more

and you can have more also

for now i am haveing only 1 but will get more later  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 pm
I'm only planning on having one. I think he is getting all of his characters off of the actual show though. Oh well, I will be happy with my personally created one.  

Yin Yun Yang

Chikyu Kodomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:10 pm
(I'm only getting some of the powers from the show; the characters themselves I created myself.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:08 pm
(Oh, pardon me. I was just guessing, obviously I have not seen it.)  

Yin Yun Yang

king zetsu13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 pm
lol so can we start dude  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 pm
(With only five people controlled by only three players? I'm not so sure...)  

Chikyu Kodomo

king zetsu13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm
i think thats enough and more people will come in time  
Digital Simulation (Unofficial RP Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games