4. Co-Leaders of Daily Dragon
5. Aldrick's First Day
6. Jonah is too tall
7. Orion stopped writing back
8. Ves's Mom is killed
9. Aldrick wants to date Lizzie  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:16 pm
prompt
1. Vespera Salazar has been possessed the whole time.

Vespera blinked, where was she? She was in a damp place, with stone walls. She looked up and saw a lake in the ceiling. She looked down, there was a cat laying next to her. "Where am I?" she whispered. She had a shiny badge on her front with a "P" on it. Her name did not a P in it. she stood up and walked toward the door, or what she thought was a door. She walked through the hallways, trying to figure out where she was, and how to escape.

Someone came to her, "Oh, Hi Vespera. I was looking for you!" the boy said.

She backed away, "Who are you, I don't know you. Go away. Leave me alone!" She took off running, Jonah, the boy who had approached her, looked confused and shrugged, Vespera was weird, nothing new here.

She made it to a new set of doors, and peaked in, it looked like a hospital in here. She thought that should be safe. She went in, and someone came up, "Can we help you, Vespera?"

She looked at the lady, "Who are you? Where am I? I never came here before. I'm afraid."

The lady looked shocked and pulled out a stick, Vespera was frozen where she stood, and then taken to a bed. The next thing she heard, was that this was either a powerful possession or she had her memories wiped. There was no sign of a memory spell, so it must be possessed. This girl had no recollection of the past 7 years, this would be traumatizing for her. Maybe, it would be best to send her to St. Mungos. She was transported to several different places, and never figured out what was going on.

prompt
2. Vespera Salazar is the villain.

]Vespera put her books away and pulled out her notebook. It had been a while since she had pulled a proper prank on her friends. It was their OWL year, and they had been taking their studies seriously. Not to mention, she had the stress of having a new family and trying to please them. She knew what she had to do. She had to become the villain to her own story. Vespera took Sona's favorite windbreak from her bag when she wasn't watching. Then struck conversation, asking why Sona had forgotten her jacket. Sona shook her head, and figured it must have been because she was in a rush to get to the library. A few hours later, Vespera slipped Jonah's camera from the daily dragon, she had talked to him until he had accidentally left it in there. All was going according to plan.

She continued on with her plot, she took Brook's snack box, Rhea's picture of Auggie, and Auggie's calligraphy brush. She took all their possessions and put them in a pile, before gathering her friends in a spare room.

She pulled the blanket off of their belongings, cast incendio, and burnt them all to the ground as their tears fell. She laughed at their sorrow, their pain, then left the room. Hours later, all of the items were returned to their rightful owners, with no hint of being burnt. Vespera couldn't be that cruel to her friends, she had made a potion to make the items not burn, saving her friendship. Maybe she wasn't cut out to be a villain after all.

prompt
3. Sonora Li faked her own disappearance.

Jonah woke up late one day, and scurried off to class. It was strange that Sona had not woken him up, as was their tradition. He slid into class, and looked for her familiar head. He saw the others, Vespera, Alex, and Eiji, but no Sonora. That was strange. He waited for her to appear, but she never showed up. During lunch he went back to the common room, and looked for her.

He went down to the great hall and sat next to Vespera, "Have you seen Sona? She's vanished."

Vespera looked at Jonah, "Who is Sona? Have you been reading too many books again?"

"You know, Sonora, my girlfriend. Your Ravenclaw female Slave. Sonora Li."

Vespera shook her head, "It would be nice to have two Ravenclaw slaves, especially with all this homework. I don't know who you're talking about though."

Jonah ran out, in shock that Vespera could say such a thing. He found Alex, and Eiji, they said the same thing. No one knew who Sonora Li was.

The day passed by, and it was like Sonora Li had just vanished, disappeared without a trace.

The next day, Jonah drank much coffee, as he didn't sleep worrying about Sona. He was debating even going to class, his heart was breaking over the loss of Sonora. That was when, a girl came into his dorm and handed him a fresh cup of coffee, "Good Morning Jonah. Ready for class?"

It was Sonora, acting as though nothing had happened, "Where were you yesterday? We had charms and you weren't there?"

She gave him a worried look, "I sat right next to you. We learned about Reducto. Vespera made a comment about using this to break your glasses. You moved away from her, it was quite entertaining."

He made Sonora repeat the entire day to him, step by step, what happened. She told him aboutcharms the day before, the classes happened exactly as he remembered them, minus Sonora. Sonora repeated the entire day to him, except she had included herself in them.

Jonah asked Vespera later that day, trying to get her to confirm that Sonora wasn't there, she said that Sonora was there all day. "Do you need to go to the infirmary, Jonah?"

In reality, Sonora had skipped the day, letting all the teachers know, and sat in the library. She then had the closest friends keep tabs on Jonah, and inform her that night what happened. They were all in on It, just to mess with Jonah's mind.

prompt
4. It's really the past.

Brook sat up one morning in her dorm, and got ready for classes.

prompt
5. Jonah Lane is actually Vespera Salazar's brother.

It was time for Vespera to do her homework. She was taking healing class, and didn't have her Ravenclaw Slaves to assist her. She frowned and looked at the paper. It was her sixth year, and she was to make blood replenishing potion for the reserves in the Hospital Wing by the end of the year. Before she did that though, she had to find some sort of spell that would test the blood types and let the user know of any diseases the blood might contain, because they would need to take that into account before giving the potion. The Professor had not told them the name, they had to research it for themselves.

Unfortunately for her, the spell she had found was a non-verbal spell, and it was something they hadn't learned much about. The year was quickly coming to an end, and she had yet to figure this first step out. She was going to fail out of her elective.

She read her healing book, and the ideas behind it, trying to get an idea of what she wanted. She cast the spell on herself, and moved her wand to a piece of parchment. Suddenly, a list of writing appeared as to her medical history. She let out a little "screeeee" and ran out the door with her belongings. She had to show Jonah and Sona what she had found.

She found them in an empty classroom, studying. They were the ones that rumors had formed about, always sneaking off into an empty room. Most thought they were snogging or something, Vespera knew they just wanted some silence, and the younger years weren't always quiet enough in the library.

"I figured it out!" She threw the parchment at Sona, and then pointed her wand at Jonah, casting the spell on him, and transferring it to the parchment. A list of his medical history appeared and Sona also took that. It appeared as though Sona was deeply studying the two papers, probably making sure Vespera had done the spell correctly.

Jonah smiled at her, "Good job Starlight. Look at you, being a good student without having to copy my homework."

She laughed, "I do need to borrow your charms homework. Just for the last question, I didn't get to look at it yet." Jonah nodded ad pulled out his homework. They had come to the agreement, they would help each other with work, as long as they (mostly Vespera) did the majority of her own work.

Sona frowned, "Guys, these papers..." the two stopped looking at homework and looked at Sona. She continued, "They say you're related. That, you're brother and sister? Well, half brother and half sister? I can only assume it's on your dad's side, because well, your birthdays are different times."

Vespera's eyes opened wide, and Jonah spoke up, "That can't be, we have entirely different families. Right Vespera?"

She shook her head, "I could only guess so. I've never met my father. Mom said he died shortly before I was born. I suppose she could have made it up."

Sona burst out laughing, "I'm joking, you guys are as distant as it comes, well, besides me. I'm probably more off than you two." Jonah and Vespera looked at Sona in shock, she had actually pulled a prank on them. "You should see your faces, it's hysterical. Good Job Vespera, you'll become a healer in no time. Now, what about your potion?" They began discussing other things, and Vespera made a note, she would remember this moment for payback.

prompt
6. Sonora Li was stolen as a baby and brought up by kidnappers.

prompt
7. The entire story is a figment of Vespera Salazar's imagination. She is actually in jail.

prompt
8. Jonah Lane and Sonora Li are both manifestations of Vespera Salazar's subconscious.

prompt
9. The entire story is Vespera Salazar's hallucination whilst she is struggling to cope with a bereavement.

prompt
10. It turns out they are all flamingos.

prompt
11. Jonah Lane was adopted and didn't know.

prompt
12. Jonah Lane has been in love with Vespera Salazar all along.

prompt
13. Earth has been destroyed and they're all living in a virtual reality.

prompt
14. Sonora Li is just a brain in a jar.

prompt
15. Jonah Lane is not really dead.

prompt
16. The whole things is not a story but a brainwashing tool used by the government.

prompt
17. Sonora Li is actually a zombie.

prompt
18. During the course of the story, Vespera Salazar picked up the secret to eternal life and therefore doesn't die.

prompt
19. The person we think is the villain is actually working for a bigger villain.

prompt
20. The person claiming to be Sonora Li is actually an imposter.

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:14 pm
prompt
quills that follow the writers of Daily Dragon around

Vespera frowned at the blank page in front of her. Well, it wasn't totally blank. On the paper had the assignments that each pair had, as well as the assignments for individuals. She had a spot marked for each assignment that had been returned. The paper was meant to be released in a few weeks and the only assignments she had turned in were Jonah's and her own. They had been edited by each other and spelled onto the official paper. Jonah hadn't gotten in yet, it was an early Sunday morning, he was probably asleep still. She held her coffee and carefully tried not to spill it. She nodded to herself, and pulled out her sharpening knife and her quill stash. She began sharpening her quills again, them having gone dull from writing things. She knew what she had to do, she had told them she would.

Jonah had his chance, two weeks ago he gently went to the students ask asked about their assignments, and they simply said they were working on them, and wouldn't give them a day as to when they would be done. It was her turn. When the others came in, she spelled her quills, and they began attacking. There were a variety of "Ows" and "What in the world?" throughout the room.

Jonah looked at Vespera, as he was not being poked, he smiled and nodded. "We warned you at the start, I'd recommend starting to write if I were you. We don't have that much time to have the paper done. I'd recommend getting the papers in by this afternoon."

"I'll be sharpening them while you write, since they won't poke if you're writing. They'll be drawing blood next time," she said frighteningly. The students shrugged and didn't look afraid by her threat. They knew Jonah had her in control, and wouldn't let her cause bodily harm to them.

Jonah glared at Vespera whispered, "You actually can't do that you know."

She whispered back, "Watch me."

She pulled out a new quill and sharpened it, dipped it in her ink, then spelled it onto Jonah. It poked him and red began to flow from his arm. He grabbed for the quill so it would stop poking him and wiped his arm. When he examined it, there was no mark. He smirked then held his hand over the spot, "She's right you guys. She's serious about this drawing blood." He showed them his red hand, and the writers began writing faster than they had seen.

By the end of the day, they had all of the articles in, and Jonah and Vespera had started editing them. They would be able to publish in time.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:39 pm
Prompt
Vespera as Prefect:

During the summer before her fifth year at Hogwarts, she received her letter and prefect badge. She couldn't believe it, her? A Prefect? She was in shock. She thought to write to Sona and Jonah about it, but she glared at their names next to each other, and decided against it.

On the Hogwarts express, Vespera sat in the prefect cabin, as they had meetings and such before the school year started. "Fifth years, you will show the first years to their dorms. Introduce them to your house ways. Make yourself available if they need help with anything. In addition, remember, you are the best students of Hogwarts, you need to follow the rules. Now go on out, and do good things," thus ended the head boy's speech.

After the grand feast, Vespera led the snakes to the dungeon. She sat them down and spoke, "Now let me tell you, Snakes are UNFLINCHING in the face of anything. The only one flinching is your PREY! Do you understand me ickle firsties?" She was twirling a quill in her hand, and one of the first years chuckled. She threw her quill toward the one who chuckled, "You can giggle when I can't see you! CONSTANT. VIGILIANCE. NOW GO TO YOUR DORMS. I do not want any nonsense from any of you. Do not be late to breakfast." She laughed inwardly, because at that point they were afraid of her.

The next morning, she was sitting at the Slytherin table and Jonah came running up to her, "Vespera, I need a favor."

She looked at him, "What, do you need me to break up with Sona for you so you can come a profess your undying love for me?" She said with a bit of salt to her voice, she had a crush on Jonah and on Sona for as long as she could remember. She constantly went between the two liking both, but never doing anything about it. Not to mention, she thought that Jonah and Sona had both liked boys. During the end of the last year, she realized Jonah liked Sona, and they became a thing. She hadn't exactly gotten over it.

"Um, no. I need your potions homework for the summer assignment," he looked anxious.

"Why do you need my homework, don't you have your own?"

Jonah shook his head, "I was focused on transfiguration and completely forgot! Sona won't let me borrow hers, and I can't find Eiji or Alex. Please Vespera, I can't fail potions this year!"

Vespera glared at him, "You know copying homework is cheating, and that's probably frowned upon."

"You're one to talk. You've cheated on almost every homework assignment we've ever had. I loaned you my homework," he stuck his tongue out at her and held out his hand. "Your potions homework please, you owe me one."

She sighed and pulled out her homework, "I did all of this on my own though. As a prefect it's expected to be a good example. Don't forget to do your homework again. Turn it in for me during potions." She stood and walked out, leaving Jonah.

After the classes were over for the day, Vespera sat at a table, working on her homework for her classes. She was determined not to need Jonah and Sona this year. She looked up at the house points counter, and noticed it was empty. They started the year off with points, how did they have no points?

She turned and heard some second year students griping about not finishing their history assignments on time, she turned on them, "You lost us house points because you didn't turn in your History assignment on time? It was boring? I think YOUR CORPSE IS BORING. CONSTANT. VIGILANCE. NOW SIT DOWN AND WRITE THAT PAPER." They came over and sat next to her at the table, she muttered to them, "yeah I think history is boring too." They smiled at her, and she smiled back working on their paper. She would give them pointers when they asked. It was a decent review for her OWLs to help them out.

Next, a first year approached her. She frowned at them, "What do you want?"

They frowned, "Well, I was hoping you could help. Transfiguration doesn't make sense I don't understand it."

She growled, "You don't get transfiguration? Did I ask if you understood it or not? Do I even care if you understand it or not? Why haven't you found a Ravenclaw Slave? Huh? Constant. Vig-"

"But Miss Salazar I don't have any friends in Raven-" they interrupted her rant on constant vigilance.

"Then you need to make do!" She looked down at her paper and muttered, "Yeah Transfiguration doesn't make sense." She was trying to understand her own Transfiguration class at the time, she needed her slave again.

"Miss Salazar, I heard that, you said Transfiguration makes no sense while you were lecturing us about it. We believe that you need, well, you need constant vigilance."

She glared at the group of first years that had come over to her, "I had two Ravenclaw slaves. My transfiguration papers have never been below an E. Do your research before approaching me again...."

They frowned and nodded, then turned their backs on her and started muttering. "A Snake does not run before checking their surroundings!" A quill began going after them and jabbed them repeatedly, "Constant. Vigilance."

She looked at her paper, only having a miniscule amount of writing done. There were students whispering and she couldn't focused, "Why are you whispering? Go to bed or be silent and study!" She began casting quills at them.

The next day, the head girl came and forbid her from using the term "Constant vigilance" and from using her quills on under years in the common room. She frowned, and nodded. She went to transfiguration and turned in her essay, she ended up with an Acceptable on it, which was better than she had expected without the help of her Ravenclaw Slaves. Maybe she would be able to survive the year without them. She looked at them in class, they were rather cute together. Maybe it would be okay after all.

From Trickblue's ideas:
Snakes are UNFLINCHING the face of anything. The only one that should be flinching is your PREY! Do you understand me, ickle firstie? [whirls and jabs a quill at a giggling first year] You can giggle when I can't see you! CONSTANT!! VIGILANCE!!!"

[Goes on to laugh her head off at how scared they were]

"You lost us house points because you didn't turn in your History assignment on time? it was boring? I think YOUR CORPSE IS BORING! CONSTANT!!! VIGILANCE!!! WRITE THAT PAPER"
[later, aside: I think History's boring too]

"You don't get Transfiguration? Did I ask if you understood it or not? Do I care if you understand it or not? Why haven't you found a Ravenclaw SLAVE? HUH? CONSTANT!!!!--"
"But I don't have any friends in Raven--"
"THEN MAKE DO!"
"Yes Ms. Salazar..."
[later, aside: yeah Transfiguration makes no sense.]

^firstie overhears this and calls her out. "Ms. Salazar, we overheard you saying Transfiguration makes no sense while you were lecturing us on it. We believe that you need...constant vigil--"
"I have two Ravenclaw slaves. My Transfiguration papers have never been below an EE. Do your research before approaching me again...."
"oh..." [they start leaving]
"A snake does not run before checking their surroundings!" [quills levitate and jab them repeatedly as they try to flee] "CONSTANT!!! VIGILANCE!!!"

Jonah: "VES I NEED YOUR POTIONS HOMEWORK."
Vespera: "Why whatever for?"
Jonah: "I was focused on Transfiguration and completely forgot!! No one else will let me borrow theirs!"
VesperaL "That's because cheating's bad, you know."
Jonah: "Don't give me that you OWE ME"

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 am
Prompt
Vespera and Jonah Co-Captain the Daily Dragon. Jonah is the good cop. Vespera is the bad cop.

Vespera and Jonah walked into the Daily Dragon room together and grinned, they had been allowed to be co-leaders of the paper, and were thrilled about it. They had both joined their first year at Hogwarts, and had hoped to become leaders, but with both of them in the same year, they surely couldn't both lead it. They were proven wrong when they were approached to both lead it, something that hadn't happened in several years.

Vespera sat down a plate of cookies, she had decided on Snickerdoodle cookies. When Jonah asked her why Snickerdoodles she replied, "Obviously, it's because they make you snicker and they're good for doodling. They are perfect for the Dragon! Think of the creative ideas that will come from them!"

Jonah looked at her questioningly, "You know, they don't have potions in them to make snickering or doodling happen, they just happen to be named that...Unless..." He paused and looked at her in shock, "Did you do something to the cookies Vespera? You can't go drugging the staff of the Daily Dragon!"

Vespera frowned, then burst into a grin, "I had thought they were already made for that purpose, but hey good idea for how to make them do what I want! I'll make a note of it." She wrote in her notebook for the year for her plans.

In the meantime, Jonah had laid out the form for all members to fill out, he and Vespera filled out their own forms and added them to a completed pile. While waiting for others to come, Vespera pulled out an ink pot and unlidded it. She also pulled out some feathers, and began sharpening them with determination, "What are you doing Vespera? You know most of them come in with their own writing utensils, you've been doing this for a while."

Vespera continued sharpening them, poking the ends on her finger tips to make sure they were sharp, but not sharp enough to draw blood. "These aren't meant for writing, they're a personal mission."

Jonah looked at her and shook his head, who knows what she was planning this time. Slowly the room filled up, and small chatter arose. They called the meeting to order, "Hi all! I'm Jonah and this is Vespera, we are the leaders of the Daily Dragon this year, and we are looking forward to working with you!"

Vespera took up their papers, "We will assign writing pairs, and photographers to cover certain events. You will bring your writing back in a timely manner after the events, so we can review them, and you have time to edit them before they are published. We will also have weekly meetings, most won't last long, but if you aren't turning in your work...." Vespera grinned and cast a spell on the quills she had been sharpening, they all flew toward each member of the Dragon, and began poking them repeatedly, including Jonah. "These quills will not poke you if you are doing your work properly, or if you are outside of this room. Keep your work going and bring us what we want."

Jonah sighed, "Priori Incantatem." The quills stopped attacking people, "Vespera, I thought we discussed this, you can't go hurting the members of the Paper!"

She shrugged, "They weren't being killed or poisoned. I was doing nothing illegal, it was just frowned upon."

The members of the paper that were new looked slightly terrified of the conversation between the leaders, poisoning and killing? Surely they were joking. The members that had known Jonah and Vespera chuckled along with them. They had experienced Vespera's quills before, she did it almost yearly, just not usually in such a mass amount of every member at once. One mumbled "She's been practicing on that over the summer."

Jonah glared at Vespera and spoke to the group, especially addressing the new members, "Look, I won't let her do anything bad to you guys. We will be encouraging with a gentle hand if you need help with writing your sections. Won't we Vespera?"

"Look, if your method doesn't work then we resort to my method. Deal?"

Jonah nodded, "You heard her folks, get your stuff done and we don't have to deal with her pesky quills again. In about 10 minutes we will call you back to order and give out your assignments."

Vespera and Jonah discussed the assignments, then wrote down on the board what the writing assignments and partners. Vespera continued on with writing on the other side of the board their agreement about working, and each member signed under the statement.

It was going to be an interesting, but likely productive, year of the Daily Dragon.

Vespera's Notes

~ Snickerdoodle Cookies Drugged
~ Quills Attacking in the Daily Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 am
Prompt
"If I'd become a professor, I'd still have my freedom." Aldrick mumbled as he walked into his first class at Hogwarts.

It was time for Aldrick to begin his wizard training, otherwise called his time to be at Hogwarts for 7 years. He had gone from being able to run around, to having to sit calmly on the Hogwarts Express and into the Castle. There were so many students here, he would have to work harder at becoming the center of attention. He needed to make sure people knew who he was. He would become the best if needed. By finishing his work, and the work of any group, as well as his love of flying, he would surely be able to climb his ranks through the school.

He went into his first class, potions. He sighed as he took a seat and read the board. "If I'd become a professor, I'd still have my freedom," he mumbled to himself taking out his notebooks. "This is such a pain, school is a pain. I just want this to be finished already." He looked next to him at his partner, they didn't look to reliable. "Look, stay out of my way. Let me finish this on my own, then we can both leave sooner." He began reading the directions and got out potion ingredients.

After he put in the wrong ingredient, the potion exploded, "If you had let me help this wouldn't have happened." Aldrick glared at his partner who had spoken and growled.

"Then maybe you should have told me before I messed this up! You little twig, I needed help and you didn't offer it!"

To say the least, Aldrick lost points for his house, and had to serve detention for not allowing his partner to help, and for behind disrespectful to the class.  

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:52 pm
Prompt
Aldrick asks Rhea on a date. Fall 2048

Aldrick was in his sixth year at Hogwarts, he had gone through several girls, at least one or two a year. He had risen to the top of his social class, and had built a reputation for himself. He walked into the Great Hall before dinner and went to his House table. One of his friends asked, "So Al, got eyes for anyone yet? Isn't it about time you go after another girl?"

Aldrick smirked at him, he had gone all summer without a girl, and two weeks into the school year, a record for him. "I have my eyes on one, but she's a bit of a challenge."

He glanced over to the table that Brook Knapp, his oldest younger sister, and Rhea Lane, her best friend. The two had been near inseparable since they had met back when Aldrick first got his school supplies. They had known each other for a while, but recently Aldrick started looking at Rhea as more than just an annoying brat. The girl was quite pretty actually, she had gorgeous blue eyes and dark brown hair. She was petite, and just adorable. Though, he suspected she had a crush on a boy in her year, some guy named after a month, January? That didn't sound right... it was irrelevant what his opponent in love was called. He nodded to himself, he would ask that girl to date him, and he would get a yes no matter what.

His friend nudged him, "So, who's the pretty lady, why is she a challenge?"

"Well, she's hardheaded, and has an opinion on everything and is very independent. Though, she is smart, and gorgeous. She's a hopeless Romantic. Her eyes shine like the ocean on a sunny day, her skin is flawless when I look at it, and her hair, dude her hair is like lovely whisky, the color of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn." Aldrick had a smile on his face, and he looked at the ceiling in a daze.

His friend shook his head, "Man, have you got it bad, what year is she? What's her name?"

Aldrick smiled and looked at Rhea again, "She's a Gryffindor, a third year, and her name is Rhea Lane."

The friend burst out laughing, and everyone turned and looked at him, including Brook and Rhea. The two of them shook their heads and continued talking amongst themselves. "Your kid sister's friend?" He said softly, "I can't believe you have fallen for her of all people!"

Aldrick shrugged, "Hey, I couldn't have a crush on any better." He leaned back some, "Besides, having a challenge is always great. Imagine how much more difficult it will be because she is Brook's friend." The friend shook his head, and they continued on with their meal and afternoon.

After dinner, Aldrick saw Brook head upstairs, while leaving Rhea in the common room. His friend nudged him and Aldrick nodded, going over to Rhea. She looked up at him, "Oh, Hi Rick. You just missed Brook, she went upstairs."

Aldrick nodded, "I know, I was wanting to talk to you." He sat down across from her and propped his elbows on the table. "I have something I wanted to ask you."

Rhea closed her book and actually gave him her full attention, "Ask away, but make it quick."

"Well, Rhea, you're a wonderful person, and now that you can go to Hogsmeade, I was really hoping you would give me the opportunity to take you on a date during that first Hogsmeade weekend," he blushed slightly at his asking her. The blushing tactic had worked several times before when he asked out a girl, but this time, he hadn't planned on blushing. He couldn't actually have a crush on her, could he?

She frowned and reopened her notebook, "I don't know. Come back and ask me tomorrow and I'll give you an answer."

He nodded, "Certainly, take all the time you need Rhea." He took her hand and kissed it softly, "I look forward to your answer."

With that he turned and winked at his friend, then went up to his dorm for the night, to make plans for his date with Rhea, because the chances were high that she would say yes, not many would say no to Aldrick.

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯

The next morning Aldrick had planned on sleeping through his first class, there was no point in going this year, he didn't have OWLs or NEWTs. The others in his dorm left, but when he was just about to go back to sleep he was attacked, pounced rather. "HOW DARE YOU?!" Brook was on top of him yelling at him, "ALDRICK LEE DARIEN RYAN IAN COLE KNAPP!!!! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO MAKE ONE OF MY FRIEND ONE OF YOUR PLAY THINGS? I SWEAR IF YOU HURT HER I WILL KILL YOU."

Aldrick sat up and pushed brook aside, "What are you going on about, Brook? Why are you barging in here? I'm not even dressed yet."

Brook glared, "You know what I'm talking about. You asked MY best friend to go on a date WITH YOU. You can't have her, because she's MY best friend. Besides, she has a thing with Auggie. You CAN NOT be with her. I won't allow it. Especially with you thinking you're so superior and not caring. You'll break her heart and not even care that you did so."

Aldrick sighed and got out of bed, pulling his school uniform on, deciding to go to classes just to get away from Brook. "Look Brook, Rhea is precious, smart, and beautiful. I'm surprised she doesn't have a boyfriend already. Why not go for it, and ask her?" He looked over his shoulder at Brook, "Besides, I won't hurt her. I'd have to deal with you all summer yelling at me." He walked out and waved his hand, "Laters Brook, I'm out for classes."

He walked out from the common room and literally ran into Rhea, the two of them falling backwards, "Oh I'm sorry." Rhea said looking up.

Aldrick stood and took her hand to help her up, "It's my fault, I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay Rhea?"

She blushed and nodded, "Yeah I'm fine. Uh. I was going to tell you, well, instead of waiting until tonight, I was going to tell you, yes. I'll go to Hogsmeade with you. Just let me know when and where we should meet."

Aldrick smiled at her and nodded, "I'll send you an owl when the time is closer, or I'll let you know in person if that's aceptable." He kissed her hand and released it, the two of them parted ways, Rhea went into the common room after Brook, and Aldrick went down to his classes.

He smirked at his friend when he sat down and nodded, he whispered, "Stage one complete. She's agreed to go on a date with me. She'll be mine before she knows what's hit her."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:23 pm
Prompt
Vespera and Jonah are late for class.

It was their seventh year, and they were swamped with work. Vespera and Jonah were up studying in the library, while Sonora had left already saying she was going to class. The two in the library ignored that, and kept working. They had to pass their NEWTs. Suddenly, the bell rang, it was time for classes.

The two looked up at each other, "Aw, crapeth. We're late for class."

Jonah shook his head, "Nah, we'll be fine." They packed up their bags and began walking. They would have been late, but out of no where, Jonah bent over and grabbed Vespera, tossing her over his shoulder. He took off.

"JONAH LANE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Vespera yelled at him, not enjoying this.

"Well, we can't apparate through the castle, and this is quicker., Your legs are too short and at the pace you were going we would never make to class!" Jonah laughed at her, still running.

He placed her down when they reached the classroom and Vespera stormed in, taking Jonah's usual seat next to Sonora. She muttered to Sonora, "I'm going to kill your boyfriend, I hope you don't mind."

"Why?" Sonora kept working, being used to the random death threats Vespera would give to Jonah on occasion.

"He threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes because he said I was too short, and he could go quicker if we traveled his way."

Sonora burst out laughing, earning several glares throughout the class. "Oh that's great Vepera. Please do that again when I can actually see you Jonah." She turned to him and he gave her a thumbs up. Vespera growled, and they continued on with class. Vespera swore she would find a spell so her feet could not be forcefully taken from the ground.  

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:31 pm
prompt
One day he just stops writing back...

The summer before her second year, Vespera met Jonah's older brother, Orion Lane. She promised she would write him, and tell him all of the things Jonah did. Thus, a great pen pal relationship began between the two.

Vespera tried to write him at least once a week, and would write in varied styles. Unfortuantely, sometimes exams and breaks would upset the schedule of letter sending. That, and the way the letter was sent, either by muggle mail or owls. This continued through all of her second year, and her third year. Below are the letters written by her at the end of her third year and the following summer.

June 1st, 2045
Hello Rion!

Wow, it's been a busy month. And by busy I mean your brother is a jerk. He seems to think that because he is nearly a foot taller than me, that gives him the right to pick me up and carry me. EVEN WORSE. He takes my coffee and holds it above HIS head. I can't reach it there, and he's asking for everyone in my path to be destroyed.
Other than Coffee thievery, it has been boring though, we're just preparing for final exams. I'm thinking of getting a familiar. Maybe a snake. Except creepy crawly things are dreadful. So maybe I'll just get a cat instead. Or a bird thing, they'd be useful. I wouldn't have to borrow the school owls... or Sona's winged creature.

How's everything going in the Hollow? Is everyone holding up well? Hopefully we can actually see each other this summer!
Until Anon
~Ves

June 14th, 2045
RION LANE

I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU SENT TO JONAH
It was perfect. Please. Do that again. All the time. I missed a week or two there sending letters didn't I? Sorry about that. We had finals, and I can't use my Ravenclaw brains for the finals, so I had to use them to help me study a year's worth of materials for the finals. But the school year is finished! I'm writing this as Jonah and Sona poke at me, telling me what to write. Although, Jonah says you may come with your mom to the train station, I'll use Sona's bird thing one last time before the summer to send this in advance of the Train's arrival.

I think I may have actually passed Transfiguration! Before the exam Lizzie explained it in such a way, and without all that crazy math stuff. Well it was more of a "You little shrimp you will memorize all of this in the next 24 hours or we're going to have issues." Who knew threats were so effective, I'll have to try using more of them in the future.

Any summer plans? Let me know!

Until Anon,
Ves

June 28th, 2045
Rion,

Tell Jonah to answer my letters. I need him to actually be useful for once in his life.

I've been planting flowers in my mom's garden. That's all so far this summer. I hope to go visit Sona, or even you and Jonah. Maybe Lizzie, or Aldrick, or just, anyone. It's only been 2 weeks but I'm already cramped here. I need to go somewhere that I can hear other people talking, it's too quiet here. As much as I love the flowers, they don't talk back. If they did that would be terrifying.

You see that smudge right there on this letter? LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT. I was minding my own business, writing this letter, AND THEN SOME DUMB BIRD POOPED ON MY LETTER. It's too much work to write it all again, so here it is, bird poop and all.

Let me know when a good time to visit you all will be (or tell Jonah to answer me)
Until Anon,
Ves.

July 10th, 2045
ORION I DONT KNOW YOUR MIDDLE NAME LANE,

I haven't heard from you since my last letter, hope all is well. Also have not heard from your brother. I am going to assume that the owl got lost and you never received my last letter.

Today, we went shopping. It was dreadful. No, I do not need new clothes, my old ones fit. But apparently it's not cool to wear clothes that are just a few inches shorter now. I grew a whopping three inches this year, and that warrants new clothes? Life is not fair Orion.
Until Anon,
Ves

July 29th, 2045
Orion,

Still no word. I'm sending this via the muggle post this time, maybe it will be more reliable than the owls. Not likely, but more likely not to get lost. Did you see the full moon last night? Wow it was just wonderful. I think Jonah's love for astronomy is starting to wear off on me. Any great things happening over in Godric's Hollow? Any idea when I can come see Jonah and yourself?

Until Anon,
Ves

August31st, 2045
Dear Orion Lane,

I'm sorry for whatever I wrote in the past few months that made you upset at me. I wish I could take it back, if only to have my pen pal back. I've missed hearing from you this summer. I missed hanging out with Jonah, and hearing your picking at him. I mean, I get it. You're probably just really busy and don't have time to answer silly letters. I'll stop writing you, it's probably pointless to waste all the paper and ink and stamps and owl treats to send letters. Besides, it's our 4th year at Hogwarts, I'm sure I'll have plenty of work, getting ready for next year's owls. I'll be continuing on with the healing classes, so I'm sure I'll keep plenty busy.

Well, that's all I guess. Thanks for the past two years Orion, it was a good time.
Sincerely,
Vespera Salazar

Vespera sealed the last envelope with tears in her eyes, and sent it via muggle post. It would sit in a mail box, and eventually, very slowly, make it's way to the addressee. She had really enjoyed their time writing, but sometimes, people just move on, without ever letting the other person know. She would not forget Orion Lane, even if he had moved on from writing silly letters. The next day, she boarded the Hogwarts express without waiting to see the family of Sona and Jonah, like she had in the previous years. She didn't need to see the face of the first boy who had broken her heart. Because truly, she knew deep down she had began to fall for Orion.

Maybe one day, in the distant future he would find her letters. On that day, maybe he would finally write back...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:11 pm
prompt
Vespera's mom is killed one day in a car accident at the end of her fourth year.

It was the end of their fourth year, and it had been an interesting one at that, with Aldrick's and Jonah's younger sisters coming to Hogwarts. However, that was irrelevant, there was still one more exam to go. The only reason fourth year exams were important was because OWLs would be next year, and thsoe actually were important. Vespera sat in the library with her Ravenclaw slaves, studing away, and hoping that she would be able to know all of the lessons by tomorrow.

They were wrapping up fr the night, and the Slytherin head of house came to her, "Miss Salazar, my office."

Vespera groaned, she could only assume this was about the little bit of butter beer she had slipped into the library. Someone must have told on her. She would find them, and destroy them. "I'll see you guys tomorrow?" The Ravenclaws nodded, and also left the library, and Vespera followed her head of hosue into the dungeons.

"Miss Salazar, have a seat." She did and the Head of Hosue continued, "This is going to be a shock to you, but we just received notice that your mother was in a car accident and is in critcle condition."

"Wait. What? I thought this was aout the butter beer?"

"Miss Salazar, an occasional drink in the library will not be disiplined aslong as no mess is made. Now, you will be permitted to miss tomorrow's exam. I believe you will be taken to the Hospital to be with your mother."

Vespera laughed, "Well this is thrilling. I won't have to take that exam I've been studying all niht for. Sir, I'd much rather jut head there tomorrow if that's all right? I jsut want to be preparred for next year and these exams will do that."

The Head of House nodded, "As you wish Miss Salazar. Report to the head masters office immediately after your exam and you will floo to see your mother hopefully." He didn't have the heart to tell this young girl that her mother likely wouldn't make it through her exam. The accident had seemed very bad as they had been told. Maybe, if the condition worsened they could Floo Miss Salazar there in the night.

Vespera stood and left the room

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Captain

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:45 pm
Prompt
Aldrick wants Lizzie to be his girl friend.

Just another picture.

Aldrick sat at the sorting feat table with Lizzie and Xavier, another year of sorting, another year of Hogwarts. They had survived OWLs the previous year, and Aldrick had gone through 6 girls during that time. There just weren’t any that were good enough, were there? Well, eventually he would find the girl. He had plenty of time to do so right?

“So Xavier, my man! Have you found the girl yet? I think it’s time we found you a chick. Probably not one of these being sorted, they’re still babies. How about a nice fourth year?” He chuckled, maybe Xavier did want to date, maybe not. Xavier would probably never tell Aldrick anyways. Aldrick looked up at Lizzie, only to see her fuming that he had brought up this conversation again.

He sighed, there was a reason why he was looking for a girl for Xavier, and not for himself, after a stern talking to by Rhea, Aldrick finally realized, he had the girl that was for him as a friend since their first year. And that girl was sitting directly across from him. He pulled out his sketch book and drew a little cat that was asking ‘Will you go out with me?’

He ripped out the piece of paper and folded it into an envelope shape, and passed it across the table to Lizzie. He smiled and waited as she unfolded the paper, and crumpled it up, whispering an “incendio” at it. Did he see her sneak it under the table first? No, of course she burnt it. “You’re funny Rickie. I told you before, that’s not how to ask a girl out. Stop poisoning Xavier here.”

Aldrick sighed, “You’re right Lizzie. But-”

Lizzie shushed him, “Sorting is happening. Stop talking. I want to know where Chadwick and Cenek are going to end up, you should care too, they’re your siblings, not mine!”

Aldrick smiled and watched Lizzie watch the kids get sorted, she was so proud whenever one was sent to the lions she clapped with joy. When it was the twins turns Aldrick watched the be sorted, but then he went back to watching her. She really was beautiful, the way her eyes reflected the sun, it made them shine like emeralds. Not to mention, when she would turn her head, they would catch different angles of the candle light, and her eyes looked like a little forest with tiny red flowers. Not only that, but her hair looked like fire, but a calm fire that showed all the shades of reds and yellows there were.

When the sorting was over she turned and looked at him again, “You perv. Stop looking at me!”

He chuckled and pulled out his sketchbook, “Just need another detail for my sketches Liz. Don’t want me to get kicked out of art club do you?” He began sketching her eye, pulling out his colored pencils as he did. He would get the candle light reflecting in her eyes just right this time. He would figure out how to get her to be his girlfriend, and there was no way he would accept that her previous logic was correct, and he should just straight up ask her out.

--

Maybe a stuffed bear?

This was it, he had the perfect idea! Classes had been going on for a few weeks, and still nothing on the front of asking Lizzie out. He held a stuffed bear. Girls loved stuffed animals. Surely Elizabeth would enjoy this? He tied a string around it’s neck that had a note with the sentence Will you go out with me? from magazine cutout letters. This was adorable. He handed it off to another girl in their year, and she ran upstairs and put it on Lizzie’s bed.

When they all got to lunch, Lizzie was holding the stuffed bear. “ALDRICK! Look at this cute bear! Someone left him on my bed. Isn’t it just the cutest?” She snuggled it, “I wish I knew who had left it. I guess it’s my turn to have an anonymous lover. It’s about time, after having to listen to you go on and on about the girls in your life. Now I have one of my own. Who could it be? I bet it’s Xavier! That’s why he wouldn’t admit who he liked at the sorting!” Lizzie grinned, she was so happy. Well, Aldrick’s plan didn’t go how he planned, but at least Liz was happy, and that’s what mattered. He pulled out his sketchbook and began sketching her face with that truely happy smile on it.

--

Third time's the charm? Or Maybe the fourth time?

Aldrick tapped his shoes, getting some snow off of the soles of his shoes. There was still nothing with getting a date with the beautiful Elizabeth, but at least she didn’t have a boyfriend either? There was a bright side at least.

Aldrick had tried an anonymous owl of flowers to Liz at breakfast one day, but she didn’t think it was from him, or at least she never let on. He knew she was right, the only way this girl would ever answer him was if he asked her right out. He knew what he had to do, and unfortuantely, that would be by proving her right, the best way to ask a girl out was by just asking her.

He went up to the Gryffindor tower to go look for Lizzie. When he found her, she was curled up on one of the couches, chatting with the younger years. How was he going to ask her? He went up to her and she looked up to him, “Oh Rickie, I was just looking for you. What do you think of this?” She held out a picture of a cat sleeping.

That was it, this chance was also ruined, they would be talking about art for the next few hours.

--

It’s this or nothing.

The year was already half over! If Aldrick didn’t act now he might as well forget about Liz, and that was impossible. As soon as classes were over that day Aldrick went out and grabbed one lone flower from the grounds. He found Lizzie heading up to the tower, probably to deposit of her books before dinner. He put his hand on her shoulder, “Hey Elizabeth?”

She stopped and turned around, with a look of confusion on her face, Aldrick never looked this nervous, and never called her Elizabeth. “What’s up? Did you lose something?”

Aldrick held out the flower and whispered, “Elizabeth will you be my girlfriend?”  
Hogwarts & MoM Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games