WE Strange Weather (Dexurn,Koril) [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:06 pm
Dex came in from outside and shook off the layer of snow from his shoulders. "Gods! When is this weather gonna leave?" he demanded, throwing his coat at the hooks by the fire. While it was fun to have a challenge during work, but he was tired of it by now. After all, he was used to wet and heat, not wet and cold. He needed a hot drink.

Walking to the kitchen, he noticed a pile of blankets on the floor in front of the fire, and a yellow tail peeking out from underneath. "..Koril?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 pm
Why was it so cold here?! Zena was on the other side of the mountains!

Koril have never meant to go back to the icy land, so it, apparently, had come to him. Rejecting the chill, he found every spare sweater and blanket he could, and barely left the house. This evening, he had made himself a nest in front of the fire, and sat curled up within. Even Flana was in there with him, resting her head on his lap contently. Too bad there wasn't another body there to help him be warm...

He heard his father enter, but didn't look up until his name was called. "Here, papa," he said miserably.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm
Staring at the pile as his son's voice mumbled out from its depths, Dex sighed and shook his head. "You're the one who actually has been to Zena, but you're acting like you've never been outside of Oba!" He walked over to peel a couple layers back, chuckling at the sight of the pair huddled together. "Want something hot to drink? Thinking about a drink and a sandwich, myself."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 pm
Koril peered up with narrowed eyes as the layers moved. Flana looked up and just gave a content smile to her master's father. "That's different. I was expecting to be cold, there. They have all the right things for being warmer." The mention of a hot meal caught Koril's attention instantly though. "Yes! I'll take something! Ooh, what about hot chocolate and a meat melt?" He let out a happy sound, imagining the hot food already.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 pm
Dex smirked and stood. "You know, that does sound good. ...You better come make it." He headed on into the kitchen, glancing back to see if Koril would follow. "And it shouldn't matter where the cold is. Cold is cold. You'll warm up if you get up and do something." He pulled down the can of chocolate and chipped a few chunks off, dumped them into two mugs of milk, and put that over the fire. Well, he could do a little for the boy~  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Koril gawked at his father's retreating back. "You tricked me!" he gasped, gaze flicking between the fire and the kitchen. Grumbling, he pushed himself up shook out his legs; numb from being crossed so long in one place. By the time he got to the kitchen, he saw both mugs on the fire and smiled. His dad really was a softie.

"Did it ever get cold like this when you were younger?" he asked, pulling out the ingredients for the meal.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm
Making sure there was enough food out for any other family members who might pop in, Dex paused and shook his head. "Well, never in Oba at least. Never in my time here, either." He cut a few slices of bread and put a pan over the fire next to the mugs. "Never seen anything like this. Maybe Zena did follow you home. Was there anything special about Zena that you liked that much?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm
Koril was cutting a few veggies when Zena was brought up again. Frowning, he looked down at Flana and gave her head a skritch. "Zena's just a bad memory," he murmured. "I mean, there were some good things there, like Sol, but nothing that's related to the snow! Yuck!" He tossed the veggies into the pan and poked them around.

"Papa.. could the Dretch have brought the snow here?" he asked warily.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm
Dex couldn't help a mental flinch. It was terrifying to think that his eldest son had been at the scene of the Dretch appearance in Zena. It could so easily have been... He shook his head roughly. Nothing had happened to his boy, so no point in worrying now. "I doubt it's them... After all, they showed up in every land. I prefer to think that it is the gods letting us know that we need to be on our guard. There are still people not taking this threat seriously, after all." He gave the milk a stir and sighed. "If we can't handle a little weather, we need to change something here."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:40 pm
Flana gave a little whine, making Koril smile softly. "Yeah. You didn't like Zena either, right?" He plucked up one of the cooking veggies and shook it to cool before tossing it into the air. Flana jumped up and caught it easily, smacking her lips while she ate.

The assurance was only a mild relief, but it did take the edge off. Of course, thinking that the gods were preparing them for worse... That was far from comforting. "I'd prefer it was the dretch," he huffed.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm
Surprised by the comment, Dex paused a moment before laughing. "If that is what you want to think, I won't stop you," he mused. "As it is, the cold is here and will probably be here for a while yet. You might as well adjust to that." He set to the next task of slicing up the meat to put it into another pan for cooking. "You can't chase it off, and sitting in front of the fire like that all day will leave you feeling sad. Get the plates, if you would."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 pm
Koril huffed again, but made no verbal objection. His dad was right, of course. He had been quite miserable just staying curled up in the house day after day. Even Flana still went out to run around for a few minutes to burn her energy.

Grabbing the plates, he plated the veggies and grabbed the mugs to place it all on the table. "Everything's a little sadder with this weather," he admitted, sitting to start building the sandwiches.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 pm
Flipping the meats, Dex watched his son work around the kitchen. All this talk of the dretch and the gods... "Well, I know how to cheer up a sad day," he assured. He carried to pan over and dropped the hot meat slices onto the plates. "How about something warm and tasty in your belly, hm?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Looking up at the assurance, Koril managed a smile. "That'll work," he agreed. He felt a weight on his lap and found Flana resting her head there, waiting expectantly for her share of the food. "I think that'll work for all of us." Tearing off a little for Flana, he took a big bite of the sandwich and let out a groan of approval. Warm food, and warm company.. the best recipe for chasing off the cold.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces