Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:59 am
There is a book by the same name that this is based off.

Jack and Jenny have been together for a while. Minor telekenisis and a few other abilities but nothing comared to their original characters. Maxwell is not a mental part of Jack but an additional character himself with similar abilities.

It first happens to Jack shortly after he and Jenny become engaged. He finds himself waking up in a lab rather than their own house. Apparently they found out about his abilities and the government began to run tests on hik and kept him locked up. After a day someone finally comes to him knowing what was happening and gave him some weird injection. After feeling like nearly killing himself from the pain the effects went away and Jack foind the person able to appear in his locked room.

The injection was a time travel device. The person was from the future and one who helped to change things. They explained that this wasnt the first time it has happened but the first time to him. Eventially Jack has to go back in time and fill out a report the same day with the travelor collaberating his statement to the degree that some crazy person has been stalking he and Jenny and threatened to claim he had special abilities and such. They asked for a demonstration of said abilities and Jack was able to show he had none.

Porting back a while after that meeting he found himself back in the home that he and Jenny shared, found her still sleeping and decided to pretend nothing happened and made them breakfast. He knew it was only a matter of time before she found out as he had a very hard time keeping secrets from her.

Krazy Michelle Ranak

I'll do a actual post later, going with my grandma but since you seemed bored and I had that idea after listening to that audiobook id figure id throw it here too razz ps... Person changing s**t is Maxwell, which hopefully you guessed that... Lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:03 pm
Jack had awoken with a sharp pain in his head, which wasn’t uncommon as every now and then he did get migraines. However, he notices two things right away. Jenny wasn’t with him and he wasn’t in his own bed at home. ”What the hell?” Sitting up he rubbed his eyes and looked around. It was some kind of cell, and more importantly the door didn’t have a handle. ”That’s not good.” Just as he was looking at the door it opened and a few rather strong guys came in. ”Where the h… HEY!” Jack was going to ask them where they were but the guys quickly covered his mouth and gave him some kind of injection. He found himself awake but unable to move. ”Bas…” He couldn’t even speak now as they dragged him off somewhere.

He didn’t like the sounds of the hallways, the rooms were soundproofed it seemed but outside he could hear slight yelling in the background and other noises. It was some kind of hospital but at the same time more of a prison. Jack finally figured out it was a medical lab, which meant he was here for one thing. Recently there had been a break in telekinesis and psychics of sorts, Jack and Jenny both were like that. He had heard of government testing facilities but where he originally was he managed to keep things a secret for both of them. Apparently something weird was going on and they now knew he had abilities, he only hoped that Jenny wasn’t somewhere here either.

After a few hours of excruciating pain Jack found himself back in his room. Those people were monsters with the tests they did. Jack’s powers were mostly simple telekinesis and yet they still treated him like some kind of monster. He looked over as the lock on the door clicked and saw a single doctor come in as he pushed himself to the corner of the bed to be further away from the door. ”I’m not here to hurt you, you shouldn’t even be here, Jenny is safe for now but we need to fix things.” Jack blinked, the person knew things were off for him so maybe she knew what was exactly going on. Before he could react she grabbed his arm and injected him with something. Well so much for the theory of her helping. ”It won’t kill you but I’m not going to leave out that this won’t hurt like hell.” She stopped at the door and was looking back at him before she left.

Within a minute of the injection Jack felt sharp pain all over. He was sure he yelled out but throughout the pain he endured for what seemed like almost an hour he could barely concentrate on things. Jack awoke an hour after and found his room rather quiet, the pain was ebbing and he could finally think again. He tried to remember the girl but couldn’t. ”Augh…” They had given him something to help the migraine but now it was back in full swing, probably worse. He was about to stand in the room when he saw a flash and heard a slight pop and stopped to see the woman in his room again. ”What the hell?” He blinked, had she just randomly appeared without going through the still locked door? ”I’m here to help you fix this so you can be back to normal and back with Jenny.”

Jack stood and grabbed some water from the plastic bottle they left for him. ”Who the hell are you and what is going on? On that note where the hell are we?” ”Names aren’t important now, I’m well, and that will be explained. Someone stole a time travel device and for whatever reason you and Jenny are being targeted for minor event changes. To that extent, we’re still in the same timeline except your secret is known and you’re in a government testing facility.” ”Time travel?” ”Yes, I’m from the future, where there’s a group that helps to fix these minor changes that can lead to disastrous changes. There are laws that govern traveling and changing things noticeably is a major one. You can observe major events but you can’t change them.” ”But like most laws some people don’t care right?” ”Exactly.”

----------------------
That was four hours ago. Shortly after the woman ported him to a day when he wasn’t in the facility and had him make a claim, filling out paperwork and she also collaborated and filled out paperwork herself that stated that some pyscho stalker was claiming he and Jenny were psychics of sorts and threatened to expose them. The detectives called for someone higher up to which Jack found himself in front of a small group then and had to show he had now abilities. Oddly though he had hoped he kept a straight face when he found out, he didn’t. They took his statement and let him leave saying they’d notify him if anyone came forward with a counter statement and take them into custody for harassment. Jack thanked them and found himself walking out to see the woman out as well. He later found that she had added a minor substance in his last injection that blocks his powers temporarily.

Afterwards she teleported back to his own house, finding it odd she knew a lot more than what he did about what was going on. Everything seemed back to normal, after the woman left she found Jenny still asleep in there bed and while he was tired he was too wound up to sleep at the moment. Seeing it was nearly time to get ready for their day he decided to make breakfast. After nearly finished he paused while flipping an egg and cursed silently. He rarely cooked breakfast, more so most of the time he ate a quick breakfast on the way out. Jenny was the one who cooked, though there were occasions where he’d cook them dinner but he couldn’t recall ever cooking breakfast. ”So much for hiding that.” He spoke under his breath and finished cooking, she’d give him a good talking too once she walked into the kitchen.

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:18 pm
Dreams filled with strange images. It was hard for Jenny to make sense of any of it while asleep and when awake, most of it would be forgotten. Her whole life had been exactly like this and with the minor telekinesis, it wasn't hard to know why. This morning was no different in that regard but something else was off.

The smell of breakfast caught her nose and sleepily she turned over to find Jack not in bed. Not that surprising but the smell of eggs was. She sat up and rubbed her eyes childishly, not sure what was going on. She pulled on some clothes and slipped out of the room and into the kitchen.

Just as she had thought, Jack was making breakfast. As if that weren't enough, she could sense something else was off. Still groggy, she silently made her way over to Jack and wrapped her arms around his waist, placing her head on his back with a soft smile and closing her eyes. "This is rather odd, you making breakfast. Its not some special holiday and I forgot is it?"

She moved back as he did, separating herself from him so he could continue what he was doing without problem. It was then she noticed it. His eyes. Something just seemed different about his eyes. Concern was written all over her face and all traces of sleep were gone. "Jack? Did something happen? What's wrong?" Flashes of jumbled dream crossed her mind but there was no sense to be had in any of it. Still there was that vague sense of deja vu that seemed to follow her everywhere she went.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 am
Jack heard Jenny enter the room and smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and put her head on his back. ”Nothing like that, just felt like making breakfast for once.” Though he honestly would prefer her cooking, she seemed to master it easier and better. He finished up the eggs and made them both plates. That was when he noticed something. ”…” He wanted to curse out loud but didn’t want to give Jenny any other reason to seemed worried about him. He had forgotten to take of the damn hospital jump suit, and noticed that it had his name on it and a number. Well, ********. She noticed his face right away apparently and started asking him about it. He bit his tongue deciding on how to explain this. The suit would be a dead giveaway that something was definitely off. What would he explain, she’d likely question him why he trusted a woman he had just met but he realized something was very familiar about her anyway which would be his answer, though he knew Jenny may distort that into thinking it was something else.

”I…” He started but stopped and brushed his hand through his hair. ”s**t…” He really couldn’t think where to start still. He knew she’d eventually get the information out of him if he held anything back. ”I woke up in a research hospital of sorts. Somehow in the future time travel is real and someone changed my past to make me end up in one of those government testing facilities.” He put the plates on the table and motioned for her to sit down as he did himself. ”A woman from the future injected me with something that made it possible for her to take me through time as she travels. Apparently that change wasn’t the first time this kind of thing happened.” He poured some orange juice and took a sip and handed her the container. ”We went back and fixed what happened and I just got back from that. I was in that horrid time for half a day in real time I figure.”

He took another sip of the juice and looked at her. ”Before you ask, nothing really happened between me and the woman, she was just there to help.” He was sure the question would pop into her head though they had no trust issues and he figured he’d just throw that out to make things less of a hassle later. ”I don’t even know why I trusted her, though she didn’t really give me a choice in the matter injecting me before I could say otherwise. There was something very familiar about her though I couldn’t quite place it.” The woman had hand gestures and the way she spoke didn’t really throw him off much and rather calmed him. ”I don’t think that will be the last time I’ll see her as she said sometimes people target others for very random reasons.”

[[ooc: Also I imagine them to be early to mid-20's]]  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:52 pm
Jenny froze in place as Jack cursed, trying to come up with some way to tell her what he was thinking. It's not that it was unnatural for him to curse... it was just so sudden that it surprised her. She sat as he indicated, finally noticing his outfit for the first time.

She practically ignored his comment about the woman. She knew he wouldn't do something stupid and if there was help to get out of a hell hole like that... you took it. But still she said nothing. Time travel didn't bother her, she figured it would be possible one day.

She poked at her eggs for a few moments, thinking about her dreams again. Suddenly she dropped her fork and tensed up in fear. She'd finally realized what was bugging her. Eyes wide, she focused on Jack. "I can't see time travelers. They can move so frequently between time that they are no longer fixed. Jack... You disappeared from my dreams last night." She tried to breathe but she felt like no air could reach her lungs.

For the first time since she first confessed her love to Jack (because that wasn't set in stone for her either and it scared her to pieces) she had no idea what was going to happen. All forms of confidence she normally held in her everyday life disappeared. If she couldn't see Jack, how could she keep him safe? And what of the person who was targeting them? She wouldn't be able to see them either. Panic took over from that point and she could not focus on anything else.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 pm
Maxwell cursed as things seemed to change back to normal regarding everything he had done. Apparently when he went to file the report they already had one against him and the commanding officer came out to take him in for questioning. He asked if he was under arrest to which they said no and he walked out and teleported back to his time when he wasn’t in direct sight of anyone. ”Damn it.” He wondered what had happened but figured someone found out what he was up to and helped Jack change things back to the way they should be. He gritted his teeth and thought of other things to do. It wasn’t that he was in love with Jenny but rather hated their grandchildren as some of them in his time were the leaders that set the heavy restrictions over time traveling and denied general access to it.

”F*cking f*ck.” Maxwell punched the wall in his apartment and left a hole in the drywall. Things fell off the shelves but nothing broke, being a temperamental psychic had taught him to not buy expensive needless things as most of the time they just broke in his outburst. He’d have to find another way to deal with them. ”Plan… He smirked and thought for a moment, he was well beyond plan f and didn’t care at the moment, he just wanted to stop things from happening the way they were but apparently someone was stopping him from doing so.

======================================

Jack frowned as Jenny spoke about him disappearing in her dreams. ”We’ll just have to make you a traveler then I guess.” The words were out of his mouth before he even actually thought what that would involve. He cursed silently to himself and sighed. If the changes were minor and they only had to talk their ways out of it then they’d be ok. But if the changed involved having to do things, Jack shook his head at the thought and took a bite of his eggs. Hopefully it wouldn’t come to that but if it did he had a feeling to keep things normal Jenny would do anything anyway, as would he.

He blinked as something flashed in the living room area and he heard that familiar crack. The woman walked into the doorway and paused noticing Jenny. ”Ummm…” Jack looked at her finally and gave her a thorough intake. He blinked a moment later than looked at Jenny, then back to the woman. ”Who are you?” He questioned almost glaring at the woman, there was recognition but he couldn’t quite place it, he hoped that Jenny would turn to look at the woman and see it for him. ”Ummmm.” Jack shook his head and motioned for Jenny to look back. ”Tell me what I’m missing.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm
Jenny shook her head. Its not that she wouldn't... Well she just wasn't sure at this point. But it helped calm her down at least a little to hear him say that. She finally took a bite of her food. It wasn't bad and actually she appreciated Jack for cooking. But just as she was starting to settle down, she heard the unusual popping sound from the living room.

She turned as Jack did, startled by the female's appearance. This had to be the traveler he was speaking of. Though all she did was stand there and kind of stare, Jenny could see why Jack hadn't thought much about following her. There was something there she recognized but it didn't hit her either. It was like something from a dream. She turned back to Jack and shrugged. "I can't tell exactly. But I see what you mean. Familiar but not." She realized it probably was a bit awkward considering Jenny was still in her pjs. It was still too early in the morning for her to try to puzzle it out so she just continued to eat her breakfast. Though she did think to be at least polite. "You can sit down ya know. Don't have to just stand there and stare..."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:39 pm
Jack blinked at Jenny, he figured with her being the smarter and quicker one she figured it out first. The woman snorted at Jenny’s comment and almost laughed but held herself together and sat down. Jack grabbed an extra plate, he had made extra so they’d have left overs for later, plus he was too distracted to count all he was cooking anyway. ”You seem very familiar and act like you’ve known us for a while.” ”Because I have… Gramps.” Jack blinked and dropped his fork that had some eggs on it onto the plate. ”Come again?” The woman laughed and started eating. ”You’re exactly the same, she however, seems less badass. I figure you haven’t started your path to battling government policies yet.” Jack stared as she spoke while eating.

”You’re ou…” Jack started and stopped thinking about she just stared at him motioning for him to keep going and finally shook her head when he didn’t. ”Granddaughter. Though you’re actually younger than me right now, both of you, which I find very f*cking weird.” ”You’d think a time traveler would get used to that." ”The other day was my first time.” Jack stared and looked at Jenny wondering what she thought of this. ”I volunteered, since we noticed things happening to you. We’ve found that related people have an easier time traveling to exact moments with past relatives, oddly. So since I’m not really into the whole government representative thing like my brother and cousins are I figured I’d take the opportunity to save the family from this s**t.” Jack sighed and filled his glass with water and downed the whole thing.

”Wait representatives?” ”Yeah, big bro and the twins are the ones who initially wrote the laws and restrictions and were able to get them passed.” Jack blinked at the thought, so their grandchildren would be the ones to write the laws for time traveling. ”Why?” The woman pointed at Jenny with her fork and then took another bite. Jack stared at Jenny almost shaking his head thinking this was all a dream. ”Your na…” ”Not telling.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:13 pm
Jenny almost choked on her food... Almost. At the woman's comment about her being less 'badass', Jenny's only reply was a grumble of "Its too early for this s**t." She didn't have anywhere to be for another hour and it usually took her that long to wake up fully.

Knowing the future was a tricky thing. Jenny snorted at Jack's confusion. He just couldn't believe that this woman was their granddaughter. Jenny snapped her fingers. "Ahhh that's why you look so familiar. So that would make you Diane's daughter."

And then she was back to eating her food. She looked up to see the woman pointing at her with her fork. Well s**t... now she had expectations to meet. Though it probably wouldn't be hard. She'd already seen herself being tougher in the future. Currently she just wanted to finish school. Badassery would have to wait. She swallowed her food. "If it makes you feel better, just make up names for her. You'll get it right eventually." She turned to the woman. "And the rules to time traveling? Ya don't have some kind of rules against letting us know too much about the future." Though it might have been a bit pointless with Jenny's abilities buuuuut it would still be nice to have some surprises for the future.

She put down her fork. "So let me get this straight, We... and by we I mean mainly me, are responsible for some major changes in government policies and someone wants to stop that. Hell... I'm surprised its only one person. The only question is who figure that out and you won't have to be... 'weirded out' by us anymore." Now she was done. Her brain was used up for the next fourty minutes or so.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 pm
Jack shook his head. ”Tell us.” ”Nope. Also who the f*ck is Diane?” Jack was about to ask that too but since whatever the ******** her name was beat him to it he just sighed. ”Hmmm I probably shouldn’t have told you that part, since it wont happen for a while anyway, you’re like what early twenties?” Jack ignored the question and went back to finishing his meal. ”He does help, somewhat, but you’re more the face of the movement.” Jack looked up and grinned. ”Bob…no Jenny would kill me for that, uh… Lexa.” The woman shrugged, ”Sure.” Jack smiled at Jenny and smirked a bit after, she’d probably scold him for even suggesting Bob but he was just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

”If it is the person we think it is he could care less about what you two do but more so what my brother and cousins do. The laws put heavy restrictions on time travel making not publically available to everyone for VERY specific reasons. What’s happening, well unhappening as we call it, being the very first reason.” ”Changing things for one’s personal gain should never be allowed.” Lexa nodded, ”Exactly, the reason the laws were written is because the group I work for ended up having to go back in time to stop someone from giving themselves information to win multiple lotteries in a row, thus giving them unlimited funding which eventually led to a civil war, almost broke into another world war before they fixed it.” She stopped and Jack knew she questioned if she should’ve said that but he just shook his head.

”Has there been any others besides that?” ”Just what’s happening to you recently. Minor changes you may not have noticed right away, though the last one was a bit of a stretch.” Jack sighed and lowered his head a bit. ”I figure since that wasn’t too horrible things will probably get a lot worse now.” ”Possibly, also I forgot to tell you to change which is why I came back but I see it’s too late now.” Jack cursed and sighed, he was hoping Jenny wouldn’t notice but now she probably would since it was mentioned.  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:23 am
Jenny shrugged. She was testing out the name, half hoping it would stick. She'd seen their daughter in her dreams once and since then Jack as been feeding her names so they could decide what her name would be. Only now had she tested one out. She glared at Jack for suggesting Bob, but she didn't say anything at this point. No sense in it.

Jenny sighed. "So you have an idea of who it is... why are you still here?" It was harsher than she'd meant to say it but she wasn't used to her schedule being interrupted like this. (Not that her mornings will ever get any better. Later in life she decides to use coffee to be 'friendlier' in the mornings) She sighed. This was getting them no where. Not to mention she still had school to get to soon.

She stood, placing her plate in the sink as she did so. "If you need me... I'll be getting ready." And with that she left out of the room and headed for the bedroom to get dressed and ready for the day.

(ooc note: Its 5:30a right now. Coffee is the only reason I got this right now.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:39 pm
|Later|
After Jack had a small discussion with Alexa she had given him one of the syringe guns like she had used on him. She had told him that it was for Jenny, if she wanted to be able to travel though he had to explain the pain she’d go through after and the possible mental hammering they’d both go through being able to time travel. He was told that so far Alexa hadn’t had to do very much but in other occasions the fixers had have to kill certain people in order to fix things and warned Jack to tell Jenny about that. ”If she’s not ready to deal with that then don’t force her to take it.” Jack nodded and hid the syringe gun behind some things in the cupboard, eventually Jenny would find it but he was going to ask her the next morning anyway, just to give her some time to think about everything going on. Since Jack had barely slept in a while he passed out almost an hour before they normally went to sleep and was sleeping normally, at least for a bit.

|The dream|
Jack opened his eyes and blinked. Everything hurt, everything. He tried to get up but couldn’t move. Ok, he could open his eyes, heard random noises and felt pain but couldn’t move. He heard some laughing and then footsteps. ”Morning sleepy head.” The man came into his vision holding what Jack knew were pvc pipe cutters. ”Where am i?” ”Where am I?” the man repeated in a sarcastic way, ”Why would that matter first? Where are you, who am I, what’s going to happen, what about Jenny, what about the twins?” Jack blinked, what twins? ”Wha…” ”WHAT?!” The man repeated loudly and then tilted his head a bit. ”You’re not curious why you’re here, or that I paralyzed you, well temporarily, you can move your head but everything else… I wouldn’t bother.” The man pulled on Jacks hand which shot pain up through his body and he had to grit his teeth to keep from screaming.

”Cutty cutty!” Jack felt the cutters go around his ring finger, to which there was a ring there. So apparently his dream was sometime in the future, ring on hand, twins in the picture, and this psychotic a*****e. Jack screamed in pain as he felt it. The man held it up and showed him, ”Just wait until I get Jenny in here with you, then you’ll scream louder.” ”Who… Are… you?” ”Who are you?” The man tossed the finger into a bucket and grinned. ”You don’t recognize yourself?” Jack blinked, what the hell? ”Ah that’s right, they lost me when we were only two weeks old, so they never really told you most likely.” The man got right in Jacks face smiling and giggling a bit. ”Naughty mommy and daddy, not telling Jackie boy about his twin brother, just cause they were trying to forget about losing a baby.”

Twin brother? Jack blinked and looked closer, there was, well he did see almost himself other than the man was older and had a few scars and blemishes. ”No, I don’t.” The man put the cutters on another finger and grinned. ”NO I DON’T! But Jack, you really do, I was taken from them by, a not very friendly man. While you had the normal life of a child I was stuck with the beating a*****e who treated me like a dog and beat me when he felt like.” Jack felt the pain a moment later and yelled out again.

|After|

Jack woke up with a jolt, covered in sweat and could already tell that Jenny was awake. He could literally feel the pain and grabbed his right hand wincing as the pain started to subside but stayed. He moved his legs so he could sit on the edge of the bed and almost doubled over as the nausea hit him. ”Augh…” Jack sighed and thought about getting up but first put his head between his knees to stop the nausea from overtaking him. He was sure Jenny was worried as hell, he could feel her staring at him. He got up and instantly fell to his knees, his legs turning into rubber as they had fallen asleep apparently and didn’t want to work right. ”Damn it… and I’m fine, my legs just fell asleep.” He repositioned himself so that he was sitting against the side of the bed now.  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:18 pm
Jack went to bed early and Jenny sat in bed, leaning against the backboard, book in her lap, trying to study. School was harder than she thought it'd be. But she had a test to study for and she wasn't going to let sleepy Jack stand in her way. Still this material made no sense to her. Hours passed without her realizing it and she slipped into sleep sitting up.

Her sleep was dreamless this night but her sleep was also interrupted. She woke slumped over and cuddling her textbook. Jack was moving and figeting and then screaming. She tried to wake him, she really did. She shook him, poked him, screamed at him, even slapped him once. She was scared. And then, as if it was the most normal thing in the world, he just woke up. He sat up and she moved herself to be behind him, gently touching his back. He got up and fell over and she made a little noise.

She scurried over to his side of the bed and slid down next to him on the floor. "You are not fine. What the hell was that about? Moving tons in your sleep and screaming aloud, that's not ok." She almost added waking her up in the middle of the night but that was kind of a given. She removed her glasses (they are for reading, she only uses them to study) and rubbed her eyes. This was not going to help her test scores tomorrow........  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:40 pm
Jack nearly flinched as she touched him but held himself from doing so. ”Bad vivid dream.” He had had a few previous episodes like this but usually she was able to wake him quickly. He had seen a few doctors about the issue but none seemed to have anything that’d help, and he found usually that he only talked and moved in his sleep when they were very vivid dreams like that one. He sighed and closed his eyes but knew that this was yet another night he wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep. ”Go to sleep, you have a test in the morning.” He shook his head, all this happening now during a week she had multiple tests was probably not the best thing in the world. He himself had tried school but had to take a break since work was s**t and school was stressing him and he started to yell at Jenny over it so he just stopped doing one. They needed to pay rent and bills so not working wasn’t going to make things easier and taking a few semesters from school was better since he could always start over easier there anyway.

Not that he worked a lot, his parents passing had left him with a decent inheritance since they were smart enough to both save for retirement. Though he still worked as a way to get some extra cash and so he didn’t lose his mind not doing anything or just doing school. ”I…” He started and stopped, he was going to tell her about the man saying he was his twin but that was just a dream, and he had no physical proof yet. The resemblance was there and he wasn’t sure if it was just his mind playing tricks on him or if he was having some premonition of something that would happen very later. The pain in his hand had finally gone away and he stood up after kissing her on the cheek. ”I’m going to go play on the computer, get some rest so you don’t pass out during your test.” They had a dedicated computer room in their small apartment, mostly because they had tried to share a single computer but with Jenny doing school it was easier for them to both have one so he could play and she could do school work, or play when she wasn’t busy.

He stood up and walked out of the room, not waiting for a response from her, his legs still slightly tingling but he forced himself to ignore it. He wasn’t sure where to begin looking up any information that would either confirm the dream or deny it. Since his parents had passed he couldn’t call them, plus it was nearly two in the morning, he was sure they wouldn’t be the least happy about getting a call at this hour anyway. He walked into the kitchen first and microwaved a cup of water to make some tea. Usually these dreams slightly zapped him and the tea seemed to help him, plus it was a highly caffeinated tea so it’d help wake him up a bit more. He hoped that Jenny had decided to go back to bed or at least try to. Right now he didn’t want her to worry about him and since this wasn’t a first occasion he hoped she wouldn’t stress out. Though he was sure she HAD tried to wake him and wasn’t able to so that was the only thing he was worried about. He sat down at his computer and got to work after it booted up.  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm
Jenny narrowed her eyes. This wasn't some normal vivid nightmare. But he was right that she needed to go back to sleep. The last time this had happened she'd fallen asleep during the test. Luckily it was history, a class she had no problems with, and Jack was in class to wake her up. Still...

She let him leave without saying a word. Chewing the inside of her cheek, she checked the clock. 2am was ridiculously early but it wouldn't be for her mother. Jenny's mom lived out of the country, teaching English. Jenny lifted herself off the floor and reached over for her phone. A quick call wouldn't hurt. The phone rang twice before her mother picked up the phone.

"Hello?" "Hey mom." "Jenny darling? What are you doing calling me this early? Its like.... TWO in the morning over there? Is everything ok?" Jenny rolled her eyes. Of course her mother would start the conversation that way. "Everything is fine ma. I just couldn't sleep." She lied expertly. She really didn't know what to say to her mother. It was strange considering her mother didn't even know she was a psychic. "Well its just so unlike you to call out of the blue like this. How are things? How is school going?" "Things are fine. School is good I suppose. I have a test coming up soon though." "I understand. How is Jack doing?" There it was. The hint of disappointment in her mothers voice. She didn't care much for Jack, pinning him as a loser and a failure and not good for her little girl. Jenny hated how her mom made disgusted faces at the mention of him... it was unpleasent.

"He's perfect. Couldn't be better." She pushed a little harder than she meant to. "If you are having troubles, you can always come with me. You'd do well over here." Jenny sighed, it was no use. "Well I would love to continue this chat but I do have to get to work. Get some sleep hun. Bye." And with that she hung up the phone.

Jenny let the phone drop to the bed without much thought. Hearing her mother's voice helped a little but she was still too wound to sleep properly. She looked over at her textbooks and decided more studying would just hurt her at this point. Calculus wasn't her strong suit anyway. She groaned and flopped down on the bed, shoving the books and things to the floor. She curled up into a ball on Jack's side of the bed. Of course she was worried. She wasn't sure why but she just had a bad feeling about this. Not to mention with their future practically unpredictable with this time travel mess... she pulled herself inward more. She couldn't think about it for now.

Eventually she gave in to sleep and like before it was dreamless. It wasn't comforting though. It was more hollow and like a void. When she awoke in the morning, she still felt tired, almost as if she hadn't slept at all. She was all tangled in the sheets and her feet were wrapped in the pillows at the head of the bed while her head was down at the foot of the bed. She yawned and grumbled. Mrs. Grumpy Morning Pants was going to be more grumpy than usual. She got up and made her way to the computer room but only stood in the doorway, leaning against the door frame for support. She half expected to see that Jack had fallen asleep at the computer, it had happened before.  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff